Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magical Burst - become a magical girl!

Go down 
+6
RoflWaffle
Tuskin
Squishy
Nisa
FenixStryk
Rynex
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rynex

Magical Burst - become a magical girl! Empty
PostSubject: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 am

The third draft of Magical Burst is out!

http://yarukizero.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/magical-burst-3.pdf

Character Sheet is here

The juicy character-building stuff starts at page 31.

Go to http://www.random.org/dice/ and roll the dice for your outcome!

How to read the dice

#d6: When there is a number followed by d6, it means that you roll that many six-sided dice and add them together. For
example, if it says 2d6, you roll two dice, and if you were to get a 3 and a 5 the result would be 8. You will also see
this notation followed by modifiers, such as 2d6+7; simply get the die roll result like usual, and apply the modifier
listed. For 2d6+7 roll two dice, then add up the two dice and the +7.

d66: This is a special type of die roll used to get results from a table. Take two six-sided dice, designate one as the tens
digit and the other as the ones digit, and roll them. Putting the two digits together will give you one of 36 results
numbered 11 to 66. For example, if the tens digit die comes up as a 4 and the ones digit die comes up as a 2, your
result is 42. In normal gameplay this is only used for the mutation table, but there are several optional tables in the
appendix.

Once we have enough magical girls rolled up, I'll roll the dice to determine the secret behind the setting, and you people can roll the dice to see if your girls can stay sane with the reveal.

Attributes
Spoiler:

To begin with, let's roll with the first magical girl's familiar:

2-6, 4-6, 1-5

It's a piglet with gaps in its body and a vengeful personality!

Good luck! Don't forget to roll for your crisis!

Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:05 am

All of my why:
Spoiler:

TL;DR:
[08:24] Rynex: it's a piglet, with UNBLINKING ROUND EYES, and a poetic personality.
[08:25] reVelske: SUGOI PIG what
[08:27] Rynex: 23: Magical girls’ dreams are actually the source of the youma. Without magical girls there would simply be no youma at all.
[08:30] Rynex: Your name is Hiiragi Hikaru, a innocent type of girl.
[08:31] Rynex: She became a magical girl because, "I lost everything I care about, so why not?"
[08:31] Rynex: And when she gets all 13 oblivion seeds, her wish would be, " I wish magic had never been real"
[08:34] Rynex: Cutie Hikaru Hiiragi~ *kira* *hand pose*
[08:35] Rynex: Her weapon is a ray gun, her element is water
[08:35] LappyStryk: is Pepsi my sponsor?
[08:35] Rynex: Pepsi lol.
[08:37] Rynex: One of your special powers is to take the form of animals. Your costume includes a hexagram, an omega and an eyepatch
[08:37] Rynex: CRISIS! Your character runs into something terrible! and it is....
[08:38] Rynex: "A rival magical girl showed up and took my friends hostage!"
Retcon: [08:40] Rynex: " I found something that suggests my whole life is fake, and I keep on finding things like that"

Okay, so uhh... work me through this:
-I'm innocent.
-I lost everything.
-I want the magic to end.
-My crisis is someone kidnapped my friends.
- >I lost everything.
? ? ?

[08:31] LappyStryk: what the fuuuuuck
[08:32] LappyStryk: how is she innocent, she sounds broken-spirited as fuck
[08:31] reVelske: :V
[08:32] reVelske: crazy bitch
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am

3-2

3-2

2-2

gee,Awesome rolls.
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:00 pm

Squishy's magical girl: Haruka Takatsuki

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rynex on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 pm

TR;DR version:
Spoiler:
a mop

o boi
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Squishy's crisis as an MG:

My power went out of control and killed someone.

Suguri's magical girl: Onigawara Nanami
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rynex on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Verafice's magical girl : Kousaka Momo!
Spoiler:

Ronnerynosuke's magical girl:Miller Milly

Spoiler:

Cydomius' magical girl: Kinomoto Nanami~!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RoflWaffle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:49 am

Spoiler:
lol forumotion y so similar topics

Name (First, Last): Mao Kousaka
Type: Goody-goody
Reason: "I don't remember why I became a magical girl but I know exactly what I'm going to wish for."
Wish: To be popular.
Nickname: Shining Sugar Star
Weapon: Dagger
Element: Stardust
Magical Ability: Can walk through walls.
Crisis: I've been transformed so that I don't look like who I really am.
Costume theme: Rainbow ballet costume with various lavender starry sashes.

Tsukaima: Translucent purple fox with an argumentative personality.

USE HER AS AN NPC BECAUSE I'M NOT ACTUALLY PLAYING.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:00 am

wats this thread for

where2participate
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:55 am

how2participate :

someone help me translate my rolls
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 am

You roll the dice every number of times I tell you and then I determine what kind of girl you get from the dice rolls.

There are some parts where you can just choose manually instead of asking help from the dice/letting the dice determine.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:39 am

Hyoka wrote:

where2participate

^ answer this please?
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 am

We're posting our rolling results from the irc chatroom. I think we would start an RP campaign inside one of the chatrooms and then post the results or whatever happens inside a thread in here.

Hyoka's magical girl: Kousaka Fuu

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rynex on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 am

Rynex wrote:
We're posting our rolling results from the irc chatroom. I think we would start an RP campaign inside one of the chatrooms and then post the results or whatever happens inside a thread in here.

my results are posted above.
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 am

You need more rolls to get something. Many more rolls. Right now, Nisa rolled up the perfect-and-popular type, Hozumi Michiru.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:03 am

Rynex wrote:
You need more rolls to get something. Many more rolls. Right now, Nisa rolled up the perfect-and-popular type, Hozumi Michiru.

EXPLAIN THIS EVIL.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 am

I'm 100% in Aaaa's party (same wish), Suguri is also in if she buys Aaaa's "I saw the world end" story, and Hyoka's Kousaka could be in too due to crisis melding. We could even stretch that farther by having Momo abduct our Kousaka because Momo "wants that bitch dead", which would fulfill my crisis: "My friends were abducted by a rival Magical Girl!"

Don't see this ending well, though: if Aaaa and I don't wish away magic, the world ends, but if we do destroy magic, every Magical Girl gets erased to save the world from youma.

At least I have an eye-patch.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 am

FenixStryk wrote:
I'm 100% in Aaaa's party (same wish), Suguri is also in if she buys Aaaa's "I saw the world end" story, and Hyoka's Kousaka could be in too due to crisis melding. We could even stretch that farther by having Momo abduct our Kousaka because Momo "wants that bitch dead", which would fulfill my crisis: "My friends were abducted by a rival Magical Girl!"

Don't see this ending well, though: if Aaaa and I don't wish away magic, the world ends, but if we do destroy magic, every Magical Girl gets erased to save the world from youma.

being meguca is suffering
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:53 pm

*recites from rulebook* Rolling the dice is convenient to make characters in a hurry or to help us along when stumped.

In that case, you could erase what you rolled for as a wish and make an idea for a wish as you play the game.
Back to top Go down
Cydoimus
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 pm

Rolling makes it more fun! BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE DICE!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Cydoimus wrote:
Rolling makes it more fun! BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE DICE!

Why hello there,newcomer.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 pm

FenixStryk wrote:

And my Kousaka gets to escape said world ending if she gets said wish (To go to heaven)

Superb.
Back to top Go down
Rynex

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Are you guys writing down your character info in the character sheets?

On a side note, CAV has rolled for a magical BOY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Burst - become a magical girl!   Magical Burst - become a magical girl! Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Burst - become a magical girl!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next