Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopper Seraph Crim

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 am

Because I'm really bored with conventional AIRs (and have no lust to keep applying accel/air loop to keep them fun to play), I built this:

Spoiler:

Anything I should change? She's low on stats and whatnot, but she's not built to take to the skies per se.. And her WB choices are kinda funky for a hopper. I wanted dual rifle but apparently you can't use them for airs..

Last edited by ngelicdark on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

ngelicdark wrote:
Because I'm really bored with conventional AIRs (and have no lust to keep applying accel/air loop to keep them fun to play), I built this:

Spoiler:

Anything I should change? She's low on stats and whatnot, but she's not built to take to the skies per se.. And her WB choices are kinda funky for a hopper. I wanted dual rifle but apparently you can't use them for airs..
Drop your STR for TEC, unless you really wanna keep your pepens around that long/you're trolling with Seraph Tackle.
Other than that...well, it's a low cost hopper with antihoming abilities for 1 min 33 sec. Dat TGH is deadly.
Looks like a good hopper build to me.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

It's an ABR so it won't really benefit from a lot of TEC, and mots of the STR are inherent/come from turtlebacker AMs..which I wanted because they're cheap, give a nice +2 TGH, and are small.

But yeah, I feel like it could use some improvement..
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I find it more than slightly confusing that you're tuning tgh with this. And that cost is outrageous.

If FenixStryk drops by he might share his crimhopper build, I liked the look of his. And it was only about 500 cost to boot.

EDIT: Ohhhh, this is Seraph, not Crim. That changes things.

Um...if you think you'll outlast your wings (even if you're hopping back and forth in front of the enemy PS, this happens a lot with seraph hopper), having at least 25 fly will make your non-wing hops not be completely terrible. I'd probably recommend some higher-power weaponry though, the point to seraph hopper is to have untouchable hops without needing to tune your movement to do so, leaving it all for tec. For reference, Vyolets' Seraph hopper (hope she doesn't mind me sharing the not-so-secret secrets about that build now) was 40 tec with a slice gun, which would get it about 2000 damage in a 45~75 second life just from the sheer damage output.

I'm not entirely sure what other weapons you'd use on one though, I built mine alpha with x2 pacifar am2 x2 mini bazooka but had too much trouble aiming it with the size and speed of the hops (and that was without quick jump).
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh jeez. I never knew Vyo's Seraph was actually 40 TEC. I also don't own a slice gun, making things more tricky. I also don't really want to copy Vyo's build per se >.> Just a few alterations is enough. Any more ideas for substitutions on the weapon though?

Though I'm thinking maybe beam SB pitcher might be a fun weapon to try...

I wanted to tune TGH more for damage reduction; stun regain was there to help with the inevitable blast related hits.

Lemme change it up (I'll have to include ABR in this for a bit until I can think of another gun; I don't own beam SB pitcher either):

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Oh jeez. I never knew Vyo's Seraph was actually 40 TEC. I also don't own a slice gun, making things more tricky. I also don't really want to copy Vyo's build per se >.> Just a few alterations is enough. Any more ideas for substitutions on the weapon though?

Though I'm thinking maybe beam SB pitcher might be a fun weapon to try...

I wanted to tune TGH more for damage reduction; stun regain was there to help with the inevitable blast related hits.

Lemme change it up (I'll have to include ABR in this for a bit until I can think of another gun; I don't own beam SB pitcher either):

Spoiler:
needs more fly, pretty sure you are stuck between breakpoints right now

oh and sb pitcher is amazing if you can aim well while hopping (it's basically a little grenade (I wouldn't call it a mini stardust tho) that does beam damage)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

BNOISE wrote:

needs more fly, pretty sure you are stuck between breakpoints right now

oh and sb pitcher is amazing if you can aim well while hopping (it's basically a little grenade (I wouldn't call it a mini stardust tho) that does beam damage)
Nope, 28's a break point.

Also, there's no point in hopping with pitcher, because you can do the same thing you'd do by flying at max height and spamming it, except you're easier to hit hopping on the ground than flying at the top of the map.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Abr? wat
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Dropping my mostly untuned build here as an example. This one's for a wing-based seraph alpha hopper.

Spoiler:

Tuning plans are simply 40 tec.
Back to top Go down

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Slice gun.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:28 pm

I don't have a slice gun =/ Mentioned that earlier.

Could do alpha striking, but I have that on Renny.. So I'm not really up for that. Maybe I'll try it as Crim to see if I like it better.

I guess there aren't many other guns are there instead of just alpha striking stuffs...

I don't know. Maybe this build is one of those bust builds... I just don't have the means to make an effective one it looks like.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:43 pm

Some common ones are slice gun, beam sb pitcher, ballista shooter
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Well ballista shooter I do have, but it's kinda high cost (180 cost it was iirc)? So I'm not sure on that either...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hopper Seraph Crim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopper Seraph Crim   Hopper Seraph Crim Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopper Seraph Crim
Page 1 of 1