Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?

Go down 
+11
Mirien
Intet
Nisa
necrio
xzpwnz
koi
Suguri
reVelske
Shaftronics
SkyPanic
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 111

AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? Empty
PostSubject: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Cool Hi Everybody

Im just wondering what everyone thinks about AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIMROSE?

If i go the Seraph ill max the crim to 10 then Seraph her. I can do as much switching of parts as needed to achieve max performance with the separate cores and l plan on doing some fairly heavy tuning over the months to come.

Some general feedback and opinions would be much appreciated and if u feel like it maybe even an in depth comparison.

Thanks a million and sum more stacked up in advance!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/graveduke/random
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 pm

i think seraph = more customize
and air raider core ll soon change to bomb like Mach knight which is useless
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:51 pm

He wasn't asking about Air Raider II. That's redundant.

Both bots are very awesome in their own right. Both have high capacity, though Seraphs have the unrivaled ability to stay in the air constantly for a long amount of time with her Seraph wings, especially with a internal core upgrade cart or two.

However, Air Raider is what its namesake is; It raids very well in the right hands. The pulse missile mounted in the core is very accurate, especially so against fleeing AIRs or LNDs. Some might go "wtf why do the LGs have Wlk", but people with foresight only see this as an opportunity to tune for even more Fly without having a hit on your low base Wlk.

Also, Air Raider has a tunable HD, over Seraph which doesn't. Might make a difference in some builds, I suppose.

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Seraph gets Stun Regain, Short Boost, one extra Cap+ cartridge and has her Wings and Tackle; Raider has Moving Burst and superior TEC, though with low STR and WLK, it's just a little harder to tune Air Raider. Those aside, taking tuning potentials into consideration, they aren't that far apart, but due to their cartridges and core abilities, they serve different purposes. Air Raider excels in his ability to perform burst attack in air thanks to moving burst, giving him massive burst damage if equipped correctly. Seraph? She's arguably(?) the best Air harasser/hit-n-run bot in the game.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
He wasn't asking about Air Raider II. That's redundant.

Both bots are very awesome in their own right. Both have high capacity, though Seraphs have the unrivaled ability to stay in the air constantly for a long amount of time with her Seraph wings, especially with a internal core upgrade cart or two.

However, Air Raider is what its namesake is; It raids very well in the right hands. The pulse missile mounted in the core is very accurate, especially so against fleeing AIRs or LNDs. Some might go "wtf why do the LGs have Wlk", but people with foresight only see this as an opportunity to tune for even more Fly without having a hit on your low base Wlk.

Also, Air Raider has a tunable HD, over Seraph which doesn't. Might make a difference in some builds, I suppose.

air raider 2 ? i ve though they change air raider 's core to bomb to nerf this monster ...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Air raider has an obscenely good core, is magically M size despite being tiny, and is more customizable than Crim due to having a booster in his BD and having a head slot, allowing you to change parts to your pleasure and giving you a potential 3 more slots for tuning its already fantastic stats. He also has a more varied cart selection, making him good for a variety of builds, and has powerful internal pulse missiles. The only thing Seraph really has going for her over Air Raider is her wings, which some people don't use in the first place because they have horrible turn speed and disable accele roll/air loop.
Back to top Go down
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks for the help all Smile

Still its such a hard decision....

Strictly for Arena use VS the other UNIONS my line up will probably be:

> Crescent Saint with frau legs and more goodness...
> EVE - self explanatory...
> AIR RAIDER/SERAPH

Anyone else have any thoughts or now that you know what my other 2 bots will be does this change anything in anyones opinion?

The purpose off this lineup will be for regular union wars matches not epoch or quests/missions etc

Question
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Raider is a mobile burst platform, Seraph is multipurpose harasser.
Seraph has more potential since she has wings and tackle (tackle is godlike in certain situations), but her damage output will be lower and she will need more tuning to get high tec.

So go for raider if you want quick results (less tuning) and/or planning to do MB AIR fagbuild (check the "gammy is pro" thread to learn what's an MB air if you still haven't).

Oh, Seraph is cute and has boobs.

inb4 stfu xz, you're too faggy

Last edited by koi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:50 pm

My waifu obviously
Back to top Go down
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:24 pm

koi wrote:
Raider is a mobile burst platform, Seraph is multipurpose harasser.
Seraph has more potential since she has wings and tackle (tackle is godlike in certain situations), but her damage output will be lower and she will need more tuning to get high tec.

So go for raider if you want quick results (less tuning) and/or planning to do MB AIR fagbuild (check the "gammy is pro" thread to learn what's an MB air if you still haven't).

inb4 stfu xz, you're too faggy

I went and read the gammy thread but it just talks about certain players and lag fags....i didnt see any mention of any MB AIR BUILD.....What is it please?
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:49 pm

I don't know the vanilla build, but the idea is to take Adone AMs, Cross Shooters (weapons may vary) and an air bot with moving burst. Add psycho formula hd2 or tentorion head. Then you're tuning this for fly/tec and going around spamming moving burst. It allows you to fire all main weapons at once for a while without stopping. The DPS and stunning ability of this build is great.

Air raider has decent tec/fly from the start, moving burst and a core weapon as well.
So it's perfect.
Back to top Go down
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am

Cool thanks everyone this has been very helpfull Smile

Just couple random things tho...

Does anyone know what the MB AIR BUILD mentioned above is?

Was the now finished EVE garapon the only way 2 get Garulas? Any other ways?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

Give or take, I suppose.

My variation of the build has 2 Brickgale Blue BMG AMs and 2 Mini Zookas for more oomph against other air targets.

But each to his own.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 am

Mobile bursting raider build is x2 adone ams a cross shooter and a alt wep
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Give or take, I suppose.

My variation of the build has 2 Brickgale Blue BMG AMs and 2 Mini Zookas for more oomph against other air targets.

But each to his own.
then again i can try this with my brick as well
Back to top Go down
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 am

ok well my Air raider is already lv 9 so i guess ill stay with him and take of the adone ams from my crim and put on him...he has dual cross shooters atm but maybe ill swap one 4 something else, already have core upgraded so hes already well on the way pirat

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

Grave 'LayLay' Revolver wrote:
ok well my Air raider is already lv 9 so i guess ill stay with him and take of the adone ams from my crim and put on him...he has dual cross shooters atm but maybe ill swap one 4 something else, already have core upgraded so hes already well on the way pirat

Garula Am's are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 am

[/quote]
Garula Am's are the way to go.[/quote]

Those work well on anything, low ammo makes them something of a pain, even if you supply tune them, you may still be hurting for ammo if you do a lot of fighting per match.

Even the general populace has seem to reached that conclusion, I see more air raiders armed with adone/pacifar arms + guns now and days. Makes sence for two reasons: 1 your burst fire is better since it's continuous, 2 more ammo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:03 pm

4 garula AMs, core pulsemissile, tentrion HD. You won't need to worry about ammo now.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Yah but it's ugly as sin, lol. It does have a downside though, your full burst damage is hurt pretty bad by tgh thanks to the garula arm fire rate. It does work, but you increase your hit-box, and some people don't want to have to shell out more money to buy asura joints/ 2nd pair of arms if they didn't get 2 birds. It also doesn't seem as a very cost effective way to solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Quad garula is a PS breaker build, I'm using it for epochs when I play those.
You usually can't land more than 1/2 shots on almost any target except boytitan-class destructors.

Dual garula AMs would be better for normal bot.
Back to top Go down
Mirien
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:06 am

After reading the entire thread I decided to raise a seraph
more than all cuz of this
koi wrote:

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 am

She's mai waifu,she's obviously superior

Well not battle wise,oh and Air raider is magically M sized, despite being a s sized core,so go figure.
Back to top Go down
guptavaasu
guptavaasu

Male Posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:10 am

after reading the whole thread, i decided to go with seraph, but will raise an air raider too, now the question is..... where the hell do you get it? T_T im an uc player until we win that uc > rt conversion so please tell me T_T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 am

guptavaasu wrote:
after reading the whole thread, i decided to go with seraph, but will raise an air raider too, now the question is..... where the hell do you get it? T_T im an uc player until we win that uc > rt conversion so please tell me T_T
DAT NECRO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?   AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better? Empty

Back to top Go down

AIR RAIDER vs SERAPH CRIM = which is better?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next