Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second Beta Petition.

Go down 
+13
Feign
NEXT
Xurudov
Tigge
Hyoka
Andaros
ToxicElixir
NovaZero
Strill
Orangish
knyx
GreyFalcon
Desu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 pm

NovaZero wrote:
If by chance there will be an IP ban, it'll be when CBUS goes commercial.

The ban would be on JP players in the ENG CB,
Not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Desu wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
If by chance there will be an IP ban, it'll be when CBUS goes commercial.

The ban would be on JP players in the ENG CB,
Not the other way around.

I think the elitists sort of enjoy the ample supply of newfags to grow their e-peens er, rankings.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:54 am

Goddess wrote:
Andaros wrote:
this is a BETA, a test phase, it is not a game time, they need to get those bots tested, not release them later and half-assed test them before launch. If they don't release them in second beta they'll be introducing tons of bugs with NO time to fix them before release. God forbid they have to push back release and I have to wait longer to actually make some progress that will STAY, and I mean that, I'd rather wait a bit now and be able to test the bots porperly instead of ALL the bots having bugs that make newbies not want to play period. Also stop reacting like that date is set in stone, it's TENTATIVE and thus why they have not released a full announcement on the site.
Whoa there turbo, why are you acting like they are adding 1000 new bots ? elephant

Um, what world are you living in that transliterating 1000 bots only takes 1 1/2 months and testing only 2 installments of 1 1/2 -2 months each?
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 am

Andaros wrote:

Um, what world are you living in that transliterating 1000 bots only takes 1 1/2 months and testing only 2 installments of 1 1/2 -2 months each?

If your developing team consists of one monkey,
Then yeah it would take that long.
Other than that,
There are programs that translate most of this stuff for you already
And testing isnt really much to worry about,
Since we do most of the testing,
While the GM's just monitor what we're doing
And do some alpha testing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am

Andaros wrote:
Okay, here's the rub.They have roughly 30 bots to translate (My count may be a bit high, I don't know how many they had done for drops and rewards). On top of that, there are roughly 15 weapons and 3 missions that are not translated yet. I have friends who translate manga as a hobby, Each manga has roughly the same word count as 10 to 15 bots. In his group he's the only translator, and he gets it done in his spare time each week. All in all, the entire translating for the remainder of the game can be done by one guy in his spare time in three weeks.

CyberStep isn't one guy doing this in his spare time, it's supposed to be a business doing this for pay. There is no excuse for this kind of delay.

On top of all this, any legitimate software company runs fixes on an internal testing server during the beta, fixing bugs as they come up rather than writing them down and waiting on the beta to finish before doing any work. If they're taking this whole time to legitimately fix bugs, then what the hell were the Devs doing during the beta itself? The only way I can see this as a possibility is if Cyberstep cannot afford more than one computer.

So there's two possibilities to consider here:
1) CB is the work of one guy with one computer, using the server assets for internal testing.
2) CB was on a free trial offer server farm, and they can't afford to pay for the actual server subscription.

With either possibility it's clear that Cyberstep isn't putting investment into Cosmic Break in the US. Not like they're trying to kill it, but they just don't care that much about it going live.
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 pm

if you want a count, they have a total of 60 UC robots exact to bring in, give or take a few for monster drop robots.
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 pm

If anything im betting the last half of the month is gorilla buying everyone beers and partying it up
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:14 pm

KBTKaiser wrote:
if you want a count, they have a total of 60 UC robots exact to bring in, give or take a few for monster drop robots.
The vast majority of the UC bots were already in the first open beta as drops and can be confirmed as having already been translated. Many of the monster drop bots were already in as well.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 am

i dont mind the wait tbh, but I already promised to sign~

~SIGNED~

All i'm really waiting for is for the game to go live already~ ;l

I wanna have all the stuff on my OB account to be on my live account~ (although i only want my crims transfer'd over from my OB account to my live account)

So if signing will rush the OB phases to end earlier and have the game go live earlier, then i'm in~
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:17 am

We hava a beliva and thisa beliva happensa to havea singeda the petitiona
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:57 am

Feign wrote:
KBTKaiser wrote:
The vast majority of the UC bots were already in the first open beta as drops and can be confirmed as having already been translated. Many of the monster drop bots were already in as well.

Like Cannon Baller.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 am

so we'll be able to get bot parts from quest drops easier than in the JP version? (self assembly required ofc)
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 am

Daylyt wrote:
so we'll be able to get bot parts from quest drops easier than in the JP version? (self assembly required ofc)
I have no idea. Currently, I'm assuming that US Live will be identical to JP Live, except in English, with a dollar price for Rt.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Feign wrote:

Remember that some of the UC bots in the quest area don't drop all their parts.
Like the Goblins only drop their HD's,
The Camels drop their LG's
Etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Beta Petition.   Second Beta Petition. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Beta Petition.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2