Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!

Go down 
+18
ironpen27
Khoii
Mac2492
Anzelotte
xzpwnz
Winty
elroid
Broken
Z741
Yukirina
LordShade
FenixStryk
JinNJuice
dsp
Hyoka
NovaZero
Nisa
Suguri
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am

NovaZero wrote:
How to Kae?
I used Kae a lot in AoS. She was probably the character I used most and I loved her.

In AoS2 she's trash and I can't do anything with her. Her melee is fast and has a large hitbox so you should be making a point of using it a lot, but her bullets are so gimp she feels useless to me against anyone that doesn't just let her in.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:17 am

Suguri wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
How to Kae?
I used Kae a lot in AoS. She was probably the character I used most and I loved her.

In AoS2 she's trash and I can't do anything with her. Her melee is fast and has a large hitbox so you should be making a point of using it a lot, but her bullets are so gimp she feels useless to me against anyone that doesn't just let her in.
What I don't get with Kae is her 200% Heat Hyper. Does it increase her damage or something?
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 am

NovaZero wrote:
Suguri wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
How to Kae?

What I don't get with Kae is her 200% Heat Hyper. Does it increase her damage or something?

Kind of. First she uses it and it'll retain her heat at 200% (I think).

Then few of her moves get bonus utility or damage, and adds their heat. Her Heat Well ( [WB] aka held WB (X on keyboard) ) will knockback peoplez.

That hyper lasts 10-15 seconds.

EDIT: My question: What's different between Star Breaker's red melee and blue melee? I know it applies some sort of debuff for each, but what?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIC-5aJYFLY

Yukirina wrote:

Then few of her moves get bonus utility or damage, and adds their heat. Her Heat Well ( [WB] aka held WB (X on keyboard) ) will knockback peoplez.

Yeah, I noticed fire come out in some of her attacks, but the fact that it locks her Heat to 200% kinda turns me off.

Quote :
EDIT: My question: What's different between Star Breaker's red melee and blue melee? I know it applies some sort of debuff for each, but what?
I know one of them increases the enemy's Heat, but I forgot which.
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

NovaZero wrote:

Yukirina wrote:

Yeah, I noticed fire come out in some of her attacks, but the fact that it locks her Heat to 200% kinda turns me off.

Quote :
I know one of them increases the enemy's Heat, but I forgot which.

Think of it this way. You can dash all you like and it'll still be 200%!

EDIT: Did anyone get Remember Me BGM? If so may I have the save file? I'm too lazy to get 120 matches...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:04 am

NovaZero wrote:

It locks her in heat mode for longer than if you got to 200% heat manually. Honestly I find it a waste since you can just dashspam whenever you really need to get your heat that high for strengthened hypers.

And yes, most of her moveset gets stronger during heat mode, particularly melee and all of her hypers. Her Hold W2 attack is replaced with a heat well that gives opponents Heat Mode status as well, without the damage boosting benefits (unless it's another Kae).

Yukirina wrote:

My question: What's different between Star Breaker's red melee and blue melee? I know it applies some sort of debuff for each, but what?
Last hit with red flames causes a weaker sort of burning, which causes the opponent's heat to rise during hitstun (or when grazing bullets?). Last hit with blue flames causes the opponent's hyper bar to drain gradually.

Yukirina wrote:

Did anyone get Remember Me BGM? If so may I have the save file? I'm too lazy to get 120 matches...
In order: Yes, no, and from what I've heard that was just a myth someone made up. It unlocked for me when I ran Arcade Mode with Tsih.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 am

Yukirina wrote:
Did anyone get Remember Me BGM? If so may I have the save file? I'm too lazy to get 120 matches...
That was a troll. Just keep beating Arcade Mode without continuing.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:30 am

I had an amazing set late last night against K1. 32 matches of Tsih vs. Sora, most of it with me on the losing side, but every match was so damn close... I'll be uploading four of the matches in about an hour, the four that I thought stood out the most. They're replays 23, 24, 25 and 31 in the set.

Definitely a 4:6 matchup. Very, very close, but Sora has a few slight advantages. It might be 5:5 if you have your infinite down, but in a WC vs. EC match with 3-Frame delay? I just couldn't pull it off.

Great matches. I'll link them here when they're all up.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Great matches. I'll link them here when they're all up.
I said I would, so now I am. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-aSbEldsK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IR0BsDt3sg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWuYzv6Bgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P56-1tcRA4
Back to top Go down
Anzelotte
Anzelotte

Female Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Speaking of Kae... I beat her in a netplay match with starbreaker.... and that was suppose to be the other way around lol..
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Anzelotte wrote:
Speaking of Kae... I beat her in a netplay match with starbreaker.... and that was suppose to be the other way around lol..

I don't think so really. Relatively fair matchup imo, with the moves each person got. Especially with Star Breaker's WBWBWBWBWBWBWBWBWBWBWB and all.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 pm

I think Kae vs StarBreaker is one of the very very few matchups where Kae actually has the upper hand. StarBreaker's horribly vulnerable against rushdown due to no frontal-firing projectiles, meaning Kae can punch her in the face at her own leisure.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:17 am

The more I play the game, the more I feel Tsih is a mid-tier, borderline high-tier character. Outside of Saki, the only matchup I feel Tsih is severely disadvantaged in is against a Nanako that knows how to abuse her melee attacks constantly to keep you out (only SugarBullet so far).

It's hard for me to give these matchups good numbers because I only feel Nanako and Saki are unwinnable. That said, I now think SB is definitely in my favor, Iru is 5:5 or better, and Hime is around 4:6, maybe 5:5 because of her capacity to keep you out if you let her. Tsih has the advantage in every melee war; she only has problems against characters with the capacity to keep-away using non-ballistics (Nanako melee, Nath chop, and to a lesser extent Hime's spears)
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Haven't seen many Tsih players so I can't say much. I did see alot of Kyoko and Sora players (OP chars are OP) though.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:39 am

Now if only my computer could read japanese D:

all the text are boxes for me
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:54 am

Yukirina wrote:
Haven't seen many Tsih players so I can't say much. I did see alot of Kyoko and Sora players (OP chars are OP) though.
The only other one I know of is Gobolt from EU. I wonder why the character isn't more popular?

Nisa wrote:
Now if only my computer could read japanese D:

all the text are boxes for me
Try using AppLocale if you want the game to display properly. You might also need to download Windows' Japanese Language Pack...

The IRC is starting to slow down... kind of a shame when the game has so much potential.
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Is there any other unlockables besides the two characters and two BGMs? There are more BGMs on the Soundtrack album, so I was wondering if you can unlock those too.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 7:53 pm

See second page about the other unlockable. She's unlocked from story mode though, which hasn't been patched in yet.

Offline's boring with the crappy AI and currently-only-arcade mode, and #pewpew's dead when I'm actually available to play, so I'm pretty much just waiting on the patch for now.
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Suguri wrote:
See second page about the other unlockable. She's unlocked from story mode though, which hasn't been patched in yet.

Offline's boring with the crappy AI and currently-only-arcade mode, and #pewpew's dead when I'm actually available to play, so I'm pretty much just waiting on the patch for now.

Rechecked 2nd page and doesn't explain anything about the BGMs.

Also, there are these times when you recover HP. I know it's dashing through crap but...under what circumstances?

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out.

EDIT2: And btw, what does Handicap in netplay do?

EDIT3: I recently made an AoS club in Doujinstyle:
http://doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/forum/257-club-acceleration-of-suguri/
Password is sugurisp

I want to gather all AoS players into one place. Please help form scattered players into one place.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am

Ayyyaaaaa! #pewpew slowed down like crazy over the last couple of days! It's rare to see more than one short conversation there per day, much less get a good set rolling. It was amazing, but the drive to keep playing died in so many people... how did they get bored so quickly?

I'll answer some questions in the mean time.

Yukirina wrote:
Also, there are these times when you recover HP. I know it's dashing through crap but...under what circumstances?
I know you said you figured it out, but I still want to clarify. Gaining HP is part of the graze/PASS mechanic: when you dash through any energy-type bullet, you regain HP what was lost due to taking extra Heat damage and (IIRC) you also gain some meter. Dash through = free HP + meter. Just make sure it's an attack that you can dash through, because ballistics and certain lasers can't be grazed.

Yukirina wrote:
EDIT2: And btw, what does Handicap in netplay do?
IIRC it operates as any other handicap does, by setting your HP to that specific % of the default amount. 50% means you'll die by taking 50% of the normal HP bar, 300% need to "die" three times before the game ends, and so on.

Yukirina wrote:
EDIT3: I recently made an AoS club in Doujinstyle:
http://doujinstyle.com/forum/index.php?/forum/257-club-acceleration-of-suguri/
Password is sugurisp

I want to gather all AoS players into one place. Please help form scattered players into one place.
I'll check this out. AFAIK, #pewpew is the biggest AoS2 community currently going, but it's only an IRC and it's not exactly booming. I'll see how this one works out, but I fear the game won't rise again until Story Mode is added, or if Rockin' Android gets extremely lucky with Gundemonium, lucky enough to release AoS2 on Steam.

Here's hoping that AoS2 lives through this, eh?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 am

FenixStryk wrote:
or if Rockin' Android gets extremely lucky with Gundemonium, lucky enough to release AoS2 on Steam.
And even then, you won't see it for at least a year if not longer.
Back to top Go down
Anzelotte
Anzelotte

Female Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:39 pm

1.1 Patch out now.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Anzelotte wrote:
1.1 Patch out now.
Saki, suddenly not even a threat any more. I have a far harder time against Nanako, Sora and Hime than I do Saki. Hell, I'd even say that those are my only hard matchups now.

Hime infinite, also gone AFAIK, or at least harder to do.
Tsih infinite fixed?: nope. It's still there. Fucking glad, too, because she's low-tier without it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:32 pm

I see Sora got nerfed and Sham got buffed as well.

Kae got "buffed" too I suppose.

Also, if I'm reading that, shielding during accel hypers got fixed too.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 am

Saki's tambourines have knockback and disappear after a few hits.

Need info on Sham and Kae's buffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next