Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!

Go down 
+18
ironpen27
Khoii
Mac2492
Anzelotte
xzpwnz
Winty
elroid
Broken
Z741
Yukirina
LordShade
FenixStryk
JinNJuice
dsp
Hyoka
NovaZero
Nisa
Suguri
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:23 am

Suguri wrote:
Play me some time and I'd be glad to demonstrate. :3c
Depends on where you live.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 am

Suguri wrote:
I alt Suguri, I haven't lost to a Tsih user with her yet.
Spar against me this afternoon on Suguri. I need to practice my loops and I wouldn't mind knocking out two birds with one meteor.
Back to top Go down
elroid
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 am

Suguri wrote:
elroid wrote:
how do you all play online? i tried the net vs option but cant seems like connect to anyone..
Spoiler:

cant see the image...
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 pm

elroid wrote:
Suguri wrote:
elroid wrote:
how do you all play online? i tried the net vs option but cant seems like connect to anyone..
Spoiler:

cant see the image...

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 AoS2Config2
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:18 pm

elroid wrote:
Suguri wrote:
elroid wrote:
Spoiler:

cant see the image...
Spoiler:
Reuploaded.
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

My friend gets an error while installing the game.

He gets stuck after he chooses what directory he wants to install in. He says there is enough HDD space.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

EDIT: Setting the delay to 3 frame allows me to play almost lagfree with someone in Connecticut, when I'm from California. Aka WC vs EC is possible.

EDIT2: @Suguri if only Hime's chain range was that long. She would be quite overpowered indeed.

Last edited by Yukirina on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Can't get enough of this:

Suguri and I:
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 pm

FenixStryk wrote:

Suguri and I:

Speaking of Tsih (or however you spell her name), what does her special hyper do? (A+C) I first thought it was superarmor or something but it's not that.

And my friend says he can still see me when I thought it was invisibility.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Yukirina wrote:
Speaking of Tsih (or however you spell her name), what does her special hyper do? (A+C) I first thought it was superarmor or something but it's not that.

And my friend says he can still see me when I thought it was invisibility.
Enemy can't lock on to you.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOoSx40Xiw

laser super is the love of my life.
except not really.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:40 pm

FenixStryk wrote:

Suguri and I:
wat

I don't play Mira, I main StarBreaker and sub Hime and Suguri. I only use Mira when I feel like no-brain hyper spamming.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:49 am

Suguri wrote:
I don't play Mira, I main StarBreaker and sub Hime and Suguri. I only use Mira when I feel like no-brain hyper spamming.
Wow, you're no fun. I don't see anyone else playing Mira as much as you do.

Anyway, spent most of today fighting Mefidex. Really good matches, but I was definitely on the losing side of things again... *sigh*

I think I'm about 80% of the way towards mastering Tsih, so I'll leave my own little matchup chart here now and see how I feel about it a week or two form now:

Tsih
vs. Sham: 9:1 A joke.

vs. Kae: 6:4 Shock Web + Meteor Swing loops shut down most threats.
vs. Mira: 6:4 Meteor Summons shut down hyper spam. Smoke screen a minor issue.
vs. Kyoko: 5:5* Hinges on rushdowns to shut down pylon spam.
vs. Nanako: 5:5 Anti-melee an issue; preemptive shielding a necessity for rushdowns.
vs. Suguri: 5:5 Even!

vs. Sora: 4:6 Less even!
vs. Hime: 4:6* Cloaking an integral factor; 8:2 when cloak is up, 3:7 when cloak is down. "Hot and Cold" fight.
vs. Star Breaker: 4:6 Heat management integral; Hinges on rushdowns to prevent Laser / Sticky Bomb setups.
vs. Nath: 4:6* Hinges on rushdowns to shut down Nath Form shifts.
vs. Alte: 4:6* Binary match: Hinges on rushdowns to shut down Bit Missiles.
vs. Iru: 3:7 Unable to reliably sweep constant SP WB spam. Rushdowns a challenge.

vs. Saki: 1:9 Tambourine + Spirit Bomb shut down all available options. Completely unfair.

Very, very fun character, but something is missing and I can't put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Wow, you're no fun. I don't see anyone else playing Mira as much as you do.

Anyway, spent most of today fighting Mefidex. Really good matches, but I was definitely on the losing side of things again... *sigh*

I think I'm about 80% of the way towards mastering Tsih, so I'll leave my own little matchup chart here now and see how I feel about it a week or two form now:

Tsih
vs. Sham: 9:1 A joke.

vs. Kae: 6:4 Shock Web + Meteor Swing loops shut down most threats.
vs. Mira: 6:4 Meteor Summons shut down hyper spam. Smoke screen a minor issue.
vs. Kyoko: 5:5* Hinges on rushdowns to shut down pylon spam.
vs. Nanako: 5:5 Anti-melee an issue; preemptive shielding a necessity for rushdowns.
vs. Suguri: 5:5 Even!

vs. Sora: 4:6 Less even!
vs. Hime: 4:6* Cloaking an integral factor; 8:2 when cloak is up, 3:7 when cloak is down. "Hot and Cold" fight.
vs. Star Breaker: 4:6 Heat management integral; Hinges on rushdowns to prevent Laser / Sticky Bomb setups.
vs. Nath: 4:6* Hinges on rushdowns to shut down Nath Form shifts.
vs. Alte: 4:6* Binary match: Hinges on rushdowns to shut down Bit Missiles.
vs. Iru: 3:7 Unable to reliably sweep constant SP WB spam. Rushdowns a challenge.

vs. Saki: 1:9 Tambourine + Spirit Bomb shut down all available options. Completely unfair.

Very, very fun character, but something is missing and I can't put my finger on it.
sibladeko really wanted to like mira, but...idk. Guess he thinks she lacks power or something.

I probably agree with your matchup chart...except for Hime. Hime's W1 - which should be the main weapon of any good Hime - still perfectly targets Tsih even when the cloak's up. She actually has to aim her chains, but bulletwise she has no problems backing off for a moment before resuming any melee pressure.

Also, thinking about dropping Suguri. Can't keep my heat down with her, and even with the triple-shockwave slash I still have issues effectively approaching with her. Still can't get used to new Kae, so I don't know who I'm going to pick up in her place (probably Nath...maybe even Mira!). Or I could start using Sora and Alte again, I don't even know why I stopped using them.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 am

Suguri wrote:
I probably agree with your matchup chart...except for Hime. Hime's W1 - which should be the main weapon of any good Hime - still perfectly targets Tsih even when the cloak's up. She actually has to aim her chains, but bulletwise she has no problems backing off for a moment before resuming any melee pressure.
If it means anything, Hime is definitely one of the characters I cringe at whenever she's used against me. Her weakness to missiles is hard for me to abuse when there's so much crap she can throw in return; the only reliable way for me to beat it is to use Cloaking or preemptive shielding to land a Meteor Swing loop. Definitely an ever-present feeling of helplessness, dissimilar to Nath / SB / Alte... at least with those three, getting all up ons feels like a 50:50 gamble.

Suguri wrote:
Also, thinking about dropping Suguri. Can't keep my heat down with her, and even with the triple-shockwave slash I still have issues effectively approaching with her. Still can't get used to new Kae, so I don't know who I'm going to pick up in her place (probably Nath...maybe even Mira!). Or I could start using Sora and Alte again, I don't even know why I stopped using them.
Sora definitely gives off "better Suguri" vibes, so the switch isn't unreasonable. I'm still on the hunt for something else to use, but Tsih's mechanics just feel so natural to me now... she's not the best, but I can't find anything else that feels right. Guess you could say I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, eh?

I'm looking at Sora and Nanako. I'd look at Saki too, but I can't will myself to use her when Tambourine and Spirit Bomb are the way they are now (effortlessly comboing into themselves and each other).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 am

FenixStryk wrote:
If it means anything, Hime is definitely one of the characters I cringe at whenever she's used against me. Her weakness to missiles is hard for me to abuse when there's so much crap she can throw in return; the only reliable way for me to beat it is to use Cloaking or preemptive shielding to land a Meteor Swing loop. Definitely an ever-present feeling of helplessness, dissimilar to Nath / SB / Alte... at least with those three, getting all up ons feels like a 50:50 gamble.
I actually really like the direction they took Hime in with this game. Retaining all her offensive capabilities (with slightly nerfed lasers) from the first AoS in exchange for almost zero defense against ballistics does a really good job at making her a glass cannon. It's understandable that the matchup could be a little difficult for Tsih, but ballistic-heavy characters like Iru and Nath make Hime's life hell.

FenixStryk wrote:

I'm looking at Sora and Nanako. I'd look at Saki too, but I can't will myself to use her when Tambourine and Spirit Bomb are the way they are now (effortlessly comboing into themselves and each other).
I feel the same way about Saki. Used her quite a bit in AoS, really like her in AoS2...if it weren't for the ungodly imba tambourine stun.

Also, think I'm starting to figure out Sham. Able to perfect the hard AI with her semi-frequently and managed a few arcade hard 1ccs with her (though the scores were abysmal, from 80~120k). Still a really trash character though.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Sora ;3
Back to top Go down
Anzelotte
Anzelotte

Female Posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Sora all the way.
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Nuuu. Hime for life. She will stunlock you to death. =D
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Sora, Saki, Nanako, and Kyoko definitely make up this game's top 4.
Back to top Go down
Yukirina
Newcomer
Newcomer
Yukirina

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 pm

inb4 Saki's boomerang stun gets nerfed. Which should be.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:37 am

I'm slowing getting better with Nanako, that being finding out the best times to use laser super, and more better safer ways to build meter.

I find both starbreaker and kyoko interesting as subs, but in my last attempts to use them fenix beat the crap out of both of them rather fast with rocks. very different characters than nanako.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:19 am

Need help in managing Heat. I always end up shooting past 200+% Heat due to relying too much on dashing to move around.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am

NovaZero wrote:
Need help in managing Heat. I always end up shooting past 200+% Heat due to relying too much on dashing to move around.
Biggest thing for me is to realize when I'm playing too hot and cool off by spamming something safe, or to just move regularly and shield if that isn't enough. A lot of my matches are decided by whether or not my opponent wants to play hot; taking meteors at 300% HP will end you.

Also: I had a set of about 45 matches against Sherring and I came, buckets. He had an amazing Sham; and I managed to win 6 times against his Hime in a set of 11, with 5 of those wins being won in a row. I feel like I overcame one of my biggest nightmare characters overnight just by making a fundamental change in the way I play Tsih. Granted, he played too hot, and he's only one Hime of many, but... oh man. It completely restored my faith in Tsih.

Meanwhile, in CB IRC:

To be frank, Tsih to me is a melee rushdown character with a good stalling game. 70% of what makes Tsih good is her rocks, with the other 20% being her Hold-WA and the last 10% being her SP WA. Her rocks do so much freaking damage that her Hypers and Accel Hyper aren't worth using over tactful shielding any more. That's a huge, huge point to grasp: by using meter solely for shielding, you will ALWAYS have the meter advantage, allowing you to pressure far harder when they're out of meter by shielding your approaches with the excess you've accumulated.

Man. I feel great right now. No one ever rain on my parade.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
her Hypers and Accel Hyper aren't worth using over tactful shielding any more. That's a huge, huge point to grasp: by using meter solely for shielding, you will ALWAYS have the meter advantage, allowing you to pressure far harder when they're out of meter by shielding your approaches with the excess you've accumulated.
I should probably be taking this approach to StarBreaker, considering how incredibly shitty her hypers are.

Spoiler:
I lol'd at that. :V
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 12:29 am

How to Kae?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!   Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Acceleration of Suguri 2 - Full version released!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next