Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesladonna Cartridges!

Go down 
+5
UncleBobbie
xzpwnz
Yokura
Trill
mitchi.exe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

Tesladonna Cartridges! Empty
PostSubject: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:00 am

Which carts are worth getting for Tesladonna, except for Broad Radar and Quick Jump?
(Radar for avoiding ART-crowded locations, and Quick Jump since Tesla does not have an internal BS slot)

Other carts:
Tough WB
Short Boost
Quick Land
Quick Boost
Float Dash
Stun Regain
Sniper Sight
Moving Burst

Which one is a better mobile build, AIR Hopper or Float Dasher?
Is it recommended to take all three quick carts? (Quick Jump, Boost, and Land)

Tesla has ~300 base MAX HP from CAPA+ carts and a low base TGH. Are they enough to get Stun Regain?
If only 2 beam weapons are to be alpha-ed, are Moving Burst+Sniper Sight worth getting for hunting LNDs?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:10 am

I'd take all capa, Shortboost/Float Dash and Quick Land, and Stun Regain

Which should leave you with two more slots for quick jump and broad radar
Back to top Go down
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:21 am

Quote :
I'd take all capa, Shortboost/Float Dash and Quick Land, and Stun Regain

Hop or dash?
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 am

If you're getting quick jump, may as well get short boost.

Float dash is generally better for more traditional airs though IMO
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:55 am

Quote :
If you're getting quick jump, may as well get short boost.

Good point. If we take quick land, then it will have more effect to short boost than float dash.

Quote :
Float dash is generally better for more traditional airs though IMO

I agree, although I'm not really sure if the traditional float dash is better for Tesla.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:38 am

Quick boost
Float dash
Stun regain
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:37 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Quick boost
Float dash
Stun regain

This.

Though I'd only nab a broad radar to go with that and not quick jump.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:06 am

Never Ever use sniper sight.

Waste of cost D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:08 am

Nisa wrote:

Waste of cost D:
maybe for you, but not for some loaded guy with a bottomless wallet.
Back to top Go down
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 am

Quote :
Though I'd only nab a broad radar to go with that and not quick jump.

Hmm.. So Quick Jump is more than a luxury than a necessity?
Quick Jump is an alternative to STOVL, Tengu BS, and Vanishing Jump, so I thought it would be cost efficient for 30 cost.

xz wrote:
Quick boost
Float dash
Stun regain

Hmm... I didn't think of this cart synergy before. With this I could replace Quick Land to a CAPA+ cart.
Why Stun Regain again?

LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

Waste of cost D:
maybe for you, but not for some loaded guy with a bottomless wallet.

Yeah... I think Sniper Sight is not really useful for Tesla, specifically bec. AIRs don't really "snipe" from afar, and it'll be less effective without Moving Burst, imo (Air sniping?).
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:35 am

Nisa wrote:

Waste of cost D:
Broad Radar + Sniper Sight. And then you equip Tesladonna with sniper weapons like Power Shooter, or quite possibly a range/speed-tuned Ballista Shooter (Mod).

mitchi.exe wrote:
Why Stun Regain again?
Stun Regain heals you everytime you get stunned; the heal amount has factors I am not aware of, except for a percentage of the stunning hit's damage.
In effect, Stun Regain prolongs your Tesladonna's lifespan, especially since she won't have that much TGH.

mitchi.exe wrote:
Quick Jump is an alternative to STOVL, Tengu BS, and Vanishing Jump, so I thought it would be cost efficient for 30 cost.
Take Lazflamme LG and use that to equip a Brickgale BS.
30 cost for Quick Jump would be a complete waste of cost, and a cartridge IMO. Think about it stat-wise, Brickgale BS (all variants) has +3 fly at 65 cost, and the cheapest BS with +3 fly is Soljeter with 25 cost, and the others are 30~45 (Butterflea BS, BS2 has 95, 100). Now, Soljeter's 25 cost BS with Quick Jump would amount to 55 cost; while Brickgale would have 65, and allows instant full-altitude flight, and an instant landing sub (VERY useful for dodging and escaping), something Quick Jump cannot offer.
Which would you choose?

(Yeah, I remember there's the 30 cost Lazflamme LG, you can take that into consideration too.)

Also, on the topic of Broad Radar: to me, it seems like a rather costly cartridge, and is like a luxury. That 50 cost could be better used for better weapons, weapon tunes, or Air Loop / Accel roll.

Last edited by Hellenisti on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:20 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar correction.)
Back to top Go down
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am

Quote :
Stun Regain heals you everytime you get stunned; the heal amount has factors I am not aware of, except for a percentage of the stunning hit's damage.
In effect, Stun Regain prolongs your Tesladonna's lifespan, especially since she won't have that much TGH.

I'm not really convinced how effective it is, so I'll try it myself now that I realized that Tesla can get it below level 6. ;3

Quote :
Which would you choose?
I'd choose Tengu\Brickgale all the way, now that you mentioned that it'll be more cost efficient than getting Quick Jump plus a BS. But, what if I don't want to equip a BS, and choose other LGs other than Laz's, like Wisps for example? Should I take Quick Jump or dump it?

Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 am

mitchi.exe. wrote:
But, what if I don't want to equip a BS, and choose other LGs other than Laz's, like Wisps for example? Should I take Quick Jump or dump it?
I really wouldn't recommend Izuna's Wisps, unless you plan to use it as a side weapon, and not as your main damage output (I've seen a few people with Wisps that use it well).

Quick Jump will be only useful in the following situations:
AIR vs AIR fights (altitude advantage)
Escaping from a group of enemies (platforming, effective with Air Loop. Also, if you're being surrounded, you're doing it wrong as an AIR)

If you feel like you're always in those situations, I'd say you take it. But it seems you're taking Broad Radar as well, so you should know your way around and avoiding such situations, so I'd say you not take it.

Last edited by Hellenisti on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : derp)
Back to top Go down
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:23 am

Quote :
I really wouldn't recommend Izuna's Wisps, unless you plan to use it as a side weapon, and not as your main damage output (I've seen a few people with Wisps that use it well).

Right now I like the Wisps so far, but if I get a better and cooler LG, I'd ditch the wisps~

Quote :
But it seems you're taking Broad Radar as well, so you should know your way around and avoiding such situations, so I'd say you not take it.

That makes sense. Primarily I always get Broad Radar for positioning, so now your statements made me think of Quick Jump more as a luxury cart. Thanks a bunch Hellenisti. ;3
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

mitchi.exe wrote:
Quote :

I'm not really convinced how effective it is, so I'll try it myself now that I realized that Tesla can get it below level 6. ;3 40-70% of stunning blow.

Quote :
Which would you choose?
I'd choose Tengu\Brickgale all the way, now that you mentioned that it'll be more cost efficient than getting Quick Jump plus a BS. But, what if I don't want to equip a BS, and choose other LGs other than Laz's, like Wisps for example? Should I take Quick Jump or dump it? Quick jump takes you to max altitude in 1 second, a BS with built in quick jump gets you there instantly., don't take Izuna LG2, it's massive and expensive. Go for Laz LG and Izuna BS (the detachable one, if you really want wisps)

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Nisa wrote:

Waste of cost D:
Stealth System's useful for hit-and-run bots.

Sniper Sight's useful for bots with long range weaponry (in Tesla's case, Power Shooter would be perfect with this)

Broad Radar's useful for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesladonna Cartridges!   Tesladonna Cartridges! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tesladonna Cartridges!
Page 1 of 1