Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)

Go down 
+19
Nymph~
chengsta
FreedomFighter
NovaZero
sandreIDOY
Retrias
fggt
rehpic
God is a Cat Girl
Aurum_Sol
FanService
tiflisben
blead
(´・ω・`)
knyx
Aethernet
Kecepirit
Priskern
Aria
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

[Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 am

The easiest way that RARELY fail is this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html (needs Framework 4.0)
OR
http://ifile.it/bgwvn2j (Older version, no framework needed)

Copied the most important:

Quote :
How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network
segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a
reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgments together and sends them in pairs.
While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the
inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency
considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgment in order to
bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgment timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgment bundling process so that
an acknowledgment is sent immediately for every segment that's
received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is
no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritize network
efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online
games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can
possibly get.

Remember that since CosmicBreak uses TCP Connection, it works but if it's UDP, I wouldn't be posting this, does it?.

PS: this 1st method works on every TCP game like Elsword(mentioned too many times in this forum).
If you don't know if it's TCP or UDP, open the game client, connect once and go to command prompt (Start> Run > cmd) then type netstat -n

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd one:

http://www.opendns.com/

Pretty much explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ9N-nMF_sw

But if still didn't get it, check here:

XP: https://store.opendns.com/setup/device/windows-xp/

Vista: https://store.opendns.com/setup/device/windows-vista/

Seven: https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/windows-7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd and the least noob-friendly: Windows Powershell.

I won't give the details on this once since this is really HARD :s

But give it a try over here: http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/PowerShellTunnel

If you do, you can go less than 30ms even if you're like 8,000 miles from the server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Method:

Click on this site: http://www.speedguide.net:8080/

And download this(no adware/spyware/malware/whateverware(lol):

http://www.speedguide.net/files/TCPOptimizer.exe

Remember the site I gave you? Use TCPOptimizer and do manually optimize it with the application (what the analyzer recommends).

Last edited by Aria on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added TCP Optimizer)
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 am

*supporting post*~~~~ Recommend method 2, noticeable faster, even normal surfing speed. (But if your original connection are already very fast, it probably doesn't makes much of a difference.)
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:19 pm

priskern wrote:
*supporting post*~~~~ Recommend method 2, noticeable faster, even normal surfing speed. (But if your original connection are already very fast, it probably doesn't makes much of a difference.)
well, bandwidth and latency are 2 different things.
just incase people read that "faster" as "downloads heavy pages and videos faster".

Aria wrote:
If you do, you can go less than 30ms even if you're like 8,000 miles from the server.
not even light in a perfect straight line can do half that speed.

not saying tcp ack hack, or tunneling, or so doesn't work.
they do cut times/overheads, but not that extreme, unless your ISP is a retard (which probably is though, a lot of them are).
Back to top Go down
Aethernet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethernet

Male Posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Aria wrote:
Kecepirit wrote:
not even light in a perfect straight line can do half that speed.

This made my day. I'm going to use that as my sig.

I play semi-professional level FPS and I know that your pretty much safe as long as your ping is under 80ms.
90-100ms is unplayable. But I'm talking about midair rocket jump sniping across the map at 120 deg. fov with 40% hit rate here. With CB the computer locks on for you and on top of that there is some forgiving shot prediction netcode which actually gives high ping players a bit of an advantage. I think with CB it's a little less precision oriented, but more about choosing your fights properly. Like even a 50ms ping advantage might not help your auto-aiming railgun shot hit its mark when there are so much other aspects in this game that have a larger bearing on your hit rates. Obviously something like a 4000dpi mouse doesn't help in a game like CB either.

If the game is choppy, it might be more of a packet loss problem instead of a lag/latency problem. That being said, this 'latency fix' might still help packet loss problems a little bit beccause it is sending more acks to the game server, hence requesting more updates more often. If more packets are being sent, and some packets are lost, well then I wouldn't be surprised if things even out for you. I don't seem to have any connection problems but if I did I would first download some kind of network diagnostic software to try and pinpoint the problem.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:23 pm

If you think you can't go 10ms or below with Powershell, it means you don't know shit about it. D:

Been using this like "forever" and since I was a "coder" before, I don't have any problems understanding it.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Doing the math, light travels at 3.0x10^8 m/s in a vacuum, in 30 ms, or 0.03s it travels 9.0x10^6m, or 9000 Km.

That is certainly more than 8000Km, though that's through a vacuum, and even fibre optics goes through, well, fibres, which is much denser and as Kecepirit pointed out, lawl not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:01 pm

ping is a return trip.
and its 8,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Kecepirit wrote:
ping is a return trip.
and its 8,000 miles.

^Then there's no way. 100 ms at least according to physics.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am

Well if you guys don't believe getting 50ms ping or lower even more than 8,000 miles, can't do anything about it Smile

Since I'm in mobile right now, can't use powershell.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

needs sticky
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:13 am

Cori can vouch that this works.
At least the 1st method.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:14 am

Cori wrote:
Cori can vouch that this works.
At least the 1st method.

Bundle it with the 2nd one.

More powah!
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Little Update:

Added a link on Windows OSes on how-to-install (2nd Option/OpenDNS).
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

A wee bump, since for some reason my lag seems to have multiplied.

Aria doesn't happen to be using powershell right now does she? I could use PowerShellTunnel.dll since I haven't the wits about me to actually compile it from source code.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:12 am

knyx wrote:
Aria doesn't happen to be using powershell right now does she? I could use PowerShellTunnel.dll since I haven't the wits about me to actually compile it from source code.

Rewritten Hardware ID = Incompatibility.

You need to compile it yourself :s
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Managed to compile the .dll, installed the snap-in and tested it with the console, but nowhere is there a guide that explains what to do to improve latency.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:49 pm

knyx wrote:
Managed to compile the .dll, installed the snap-in and tested it with the console, but nowhere is there a guide that explains what to do to improve latency.

Don't tell me you didn't tunnel cosmic.exe on PS? >.>
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Aria wrote:
knyx wrote:

wat

I'm guessing I set-location to cosmicbreak folder and tunnel the .exe from there?

EDIT: can't invoke-item cosmicbreak.exe, and cosmic.exe has to be launched by cosmicbreak.exe Mad
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 am

knyx wrote:
Aria wrote:
knyx wrote:

wat

I'm guessing I set-location to cosmicbreak folder and tunnel the .exe from there?

EDIT: can't invoke-item cosmicbreak.exe, and cosmic.exe has to be launched by cosmicbreak.exe Mad

inb4 Tempura posted something about launching cosmic.exe w/o launcher.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 am

[Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) Cdc4d88597
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Quote :
inb4 Tempura posted something about launching cosmic.exe w/o launcher.

Never seen it.

[Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) Cdc4d88597

Is that a space and a dash before the launch? I'm doing the same thing and nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 am

Yup, it's ".....\programs\cosmic.exe -launch"
And it works for me. O_O
Back to top Go down
tiflisben
tiflisben

Female Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Beautiful method 2 works like a magic Smile
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/Gwenany
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:37 pm

blead wrote:
Yup, it's ".....\programs\cosmic.exe -launch"
And it works for me. O_O

Kinda forgot to mention to make the "launch from" folder to be set "Cosmicbreak_eng" instead of "programs" :s

It works now.

Oh, and if you have pando media booster (if you've ever had a nexon game installed, you'll have this), what this does is take up your bandwidth to work like a p2p seed, uploading parts of games to leechers (running a web installer). Remove this.
Back to top Go down
FanService
FanService

Female Posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:40 am

fanservice approves method #2

very noticeable lag reduce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)   [Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] "Anti" Connection Lag (sort of)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next