Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What sort of tuning...

Go down 
+11
Retrias
nzlk
zamo
bippusuta
FireKiller87
Arti
Nymph~
Suguri
Nisa
Hyoka
syllpher
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
syllpher
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
syllpher

Male Posts : 100

What sort of tuning... Empty
PostSubject: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 am

As titile says, what sort of tuning do you usually go for? Regardless of weapon or stats, normal/high/great etc etc..

Also How much of a certain tune would be considered enough? die die 40 tec for TBG? 30+ fly for alphabots?

Discussionz!!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:23 am

generally when you want to tune

you tune movement speed first (wlk/fly depending on bot)

then damage stats (tec/str depending on bot)

then Revenge tunes if you want to or if its appropriate (Crimson Veil, usually)

then weapon tunes (Force, Rapid, Gladiator, Grappler... Slow, Paralyze also counts here)

then if you somehow want to, TGH or HP.

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:03 am

What Hyoka said.

Alternatively,you can tune weapon instead of dmg stats
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:09 am

For a gunner

tuned weapon > mobility > offensive stats

for melee

mobility > offensive stats > tuned weapon

Also, this thread should be in Gameplay Questions. Strike one.

Last edited by Suguri on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:22 am

for anything
mobility>(tgh)>weapon>other
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:49 am

Hyoka wrote:

then weapon tunes (Force, Rapid, Gladiator, Grappler... Slow, Paralyze also counts here)

This is pretty much the way I do it, except for my Daedalian TGH took priority over WLK.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 6:37 am

Arti wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

This is pretty much the way I do it, except for my Daedalian TGH took priority over WLK.

Dae is special case, you can't really do gunner with him.
In which case, Revenge: CV > TGH > mobility > STR.

I'd also tune him for HP so he lives longer.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 am

I have recently converted to the school of `killing speed>everything' for most bots with the exception of some melee. Getting mobility stats to a high level is important but mid-level stats can be easily supported by movement carts like short boost and boost run or Rt carts like accele roll. But the speed at which you can kill opponents can't be given a crutch by carts. Higher damage output means more stuns and less time spent fighting and less damage taken in return.

My 40 Tec 16 Fly G force/paralyze LL Bulk Blast Albatreos has done surprisingly well in arena. Why? Because Airs are stunned to the ground and unable to do anything and I have broad radar and float dash to avoid Lnds. It's not perfect (nor the final build for my LL Bulk Blast) but it wouldn't be doing so well if mobility is really as important as everybody thinks it is.

Also, unless you are using Fiza or Beezle or something you can keep below 600ish cost then always aim to max out capacity. It is always worth it. HP and Tgh are both very underappreciated stats. +15 HP +1 stat tunes are amazing, take advantage of them.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:58 pm

bippusuta wrote:
I have recently converted to the school of `killing speed>everything' for most bots with the exception of some melee. Getting mobility stats to a high level is important but mid-level stats can be easily supported by movement carts like short boost and boost run or Rt carts like accele roll. But the speed at which you can kill opponents can't be given a crutch by carts. Higher damage output means more stuns and less time spent fighting and less damage taken in return.

My 40 Tec 16 Fly G force/paralyze LL Bulk Blast Albatreos has done surprisingly well in arena. Why? Because Airs are stunned to the ground and unable to do anything and I have broad radar and float dash to avoid Lnds. It's not perfect (nor the final build for my LL Bulk Blast) but it wouldn't be doing so well if mobility is really as important as everybody thinks it is.

Also, unless you are using Fiza or Beezle or something you can keep below 600ish cost then always aim to max out capacity. It is always worth it. HP and Tgh are both very underappreciated stats. +15 HP +1 stat tunes are amazing, take advantage of them.

Here's the usual school of thought:
Mobility = more time to kill shit
Firepower = doesn't matter if you can't evade

Makes sense, don't it? If you're caught unawares, your poor Alba is fucked...possibly. Depends on how fast you whip your bot round and start blasting the living fuck out of the target.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 pm

bippusuta wrote:
I've been doing this with non-airs now too. Still can't really stand playing sub-38 fly air aside from a few exceptions.

I'd say it's also a lot easier to outdamage your cost tuning tec/str than it is tuning mobility, as long as you have some mobility.

EDIT: Just played 23 fly psycho cluster stupidly aggressively and got gamewarrior and destroyer, I guess I'm getting over it.

Last edited by Suguri on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Balance is everything, eh?

You can tune TEC/STR/FLY/WLK all you want, still need the skill to go with it also. Can't forget that.
You can put a 40 TEC 31 FLY Seraph in the hands of a complete noob and they'll still go down hard with it...
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:58 am

Also,HP tunes when you don't know what else to tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:32 am

Nisa wrote:
In other words, HP is the last thing you ever want to tune.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

Usually. I'd tune HP on a build that involves rampaging melee(such as Dae with a JHam, or Cyclotes using any kind of melee) w/ Revenge: CVeil attached. Helps prevent you from dying too quickly, especially when combined with Stun Regain.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:03 pm

LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

If you find yourself consistently dying without using all your ammo and you have already done -ammo weapon tunes then tuning HP is a fine option. Also, I said it before but I want to stress this, +15 HP +1 stat tunes are really good, and if you plan on using your wonderbit then Beast/Ranger tunes are absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:05 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

Usually. I'd tune HP on a build that involves rampaging melee(such as Dae with a JHam, or Cyclotes using any kind of melee) w/ Revenge: CVeil attached. Helps prevent you from dying too quickly, especially when combined with Stun Regain.
You go on suicide rushes? Bad Melee.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:11 pm

LXE wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:

You go on suicide rushes? Bad Melee.

Depends on the bot. Something like Cyclotes is hard to make into anything approaching a competent gunner, so I slapped Cyclotes AM + Red Squealer AM on him and I go nuts. Just needs Stun Regain and Revenge: CVeil.

Something like my Jikun is a hybrid with Rush Kick and Handyzook. When I play her, I just run in, do tons o' damage, and get out when I get damaged badly. Cyclotes is too fat to get out when he's damaged no matter what I do to him, so I'm planning to build him for suicidal melee rush, 36 5 boost run, maybe some extra HP so he goes over 600, 25 STR to make Cyclotes AM extra-powerful.

And no, I don't have a Vanguard. I'm too poor to roll endlessly for one, and I dislike the idea of outDPSing every fuckin melee in the game with one slash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:28 pm

You'd do better if you learn to not suicide rush melee. Trust me I've tried, I played MBG and I usually get something like 1500 score, then I learnt how to play Ouka, and I applied the non suicide rush concepts into my MBG play and I got around 2000-2700 each match I played right.

Generally you don't want to suicide rush with a L sized bot because of the huge hitbox which will burn out your HP very quickly despite the fact you have over 600.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:55 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

Depends on the bot. Something like Cyclotes is hard to make into anything approaching a competent gunner

wat

Spoiler:

LXE wrote:
You'd do better if you learn to not suicide rush melee. Trust me I've tried, I played MBG and I usually get something like 1500 score, then I learnt how to play Ouka, and I applied the non suicide rush concepts into my MBG play and I got around 2000-2700 each match I played right.

Generally you don't want to suicide rush with a L sized bot because of the huge hitbox which will burn out your HP very quickly despite the fact you have over 600.

Yeah, because it's a lot better for those people to be targeting the squishy Arts and Airs instead of the 650 HP 40 Tgh CV Daedalian. How you can even begin to compare the roles of Ouka and an L melee Lnd is beyond me. Stop thinking so much about score and start thinking about winning.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Ive noticed when i do tunes like high technique alpha, it adds like +25 cost or something for the +2 tec -1 str, and according to xz's guide that should be worth 5 cost. when i tune, should i follow xz's guide (not to good with tuning x_x) or does xz's guide only apply to part choice?
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 am

zamo wrote:
Ive noticed when i do tunes like high technique alpha, it adds like +25 cost or something for the +2 tec -1 str, and according to xz's guide that should be worth 5 cost. when i tune, should i follow xz's guide (not to good with tuning x_x) or does xz's guide only apply to part choice?

High _____ alpha tunes give +2 to a stat for -1 of another for 10 cost. Where are you getting +25 cost from?
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:12 am

nzlk wrote:
zamo wrote:

High _____ alpha tunes give +2 to a stat for -1 of another for 10 cost. Where are you getting +25 cost from?
i said or something, anyway thats 5 more cost than the desirable
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm

zamo wrote:
nzlk wrote:
zamo wrote:

i said or something, anyway thats 5 more cost than the desirable

Not necessarily. If you are tuning an Air does is really matter what your Wlk is as long as it's above 1? Not all stats are equal for all bots and you should have certain stat goals in mind when you go to tune, prepared to sacrifice other stats in order to reach those stat goals.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:24 pm

1 or above 1 , my Axer doesn't care his fly is 1-2, he has MINUS tec in cosmic calc. Some stat are there to be used as a tuning fuel for some type of bots
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 pm

LXE wrote:

Thanks to the fact a L sized bot makes an easy, highly visible target, melee l-lands should at least keep in mind that once they get within range of their desired target, they will have to deal with damage from multiple sources, and probably will not be returning to base alive. Is it possible? certainly, but if you go in and kill 5+ people and crumple the front-line then at least you give your teammates a moment of weakness to exploit.

Sometimes suicide is the best option, if you're trading your vangaurd/barron/ dea/what-have-you, for the other team's TBG, eve, rouche, etc then you've only made it easier to win for your team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sort of tuning...   What sort of tuning... Empty

Back to top Go down

What sort of tuning...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next