Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie needs help

Go down 
+5
knyx
Zwiebel Force
Suguri
xzpwnz
Moghul
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

Newbie needs help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 am

well.... i've kinda put my foot in my mouth with that crimrose. i've bought 2. and used legs for my tesla. however, it doesn't really feel improved. and the normal one either. doesn't feel very pro. i'm guessing you need to seraph it to make it op huh?

guess i'll level it up with some haku missions or something. aaaah... only have 6.4 k left and i don't wanna waste it. i'll just leave it at that.

any other tips are welcome.

also tips for a beginner crimrose?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:42 am

You can't really do well in this metagame in higher up rooms without tuning/seraphing your crimrose. Hence why most people, after they get familiar with most things, tend to drop Tesla once they realize that. Izuna, sometimes. They use her mainly as a wisp spammer, or junk her and take her LGs to put on Crim so she starts to be able to fart purple wisps -_-

At least 30ish FLY can get you started (you'll be raped by any passing AIR who realizes you're new though), but should aim for 38. TGH is irrelevant, extra TEC is gravy. Get yourself a good bit, for Seraph, recommended Slayer bit as this bit lasts a long while, and can stun targets (esp ARTs). Fly around, pick on distracted targets, shoot them up a bit, profit until someone sees you harassing their ally and comes to shoot you down. In which, you'll do kinda poorly in running away since you're going to be kinda slow compared to what most AIRs can do now.

There's a Crim guide floating around that Koi made, and he's the so called expert when it comes to crims (he has a garage full of em..) so you can take a looksee on that. It's old, but Crim's been around so long with so little changes made to her, that it's still relatively relevant.

Also, if you're curious on other random things here (blantant advertising incoming**) click the link in my sig. There's a few random tidbits you might be interested in there. It's quite a long read though.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

amscray wrote:
i don't like wbg.... for some reason. i completely despise it. it feels so slow and so low on dmg....

Normally, I wouldn't suggest tuning on someone new, so just keep this in mind for later reference.

NumeroDoS wrote:
Plasma Guns can be sort of effective untuned, thanks to that beefy base force it has. I only disliked it because placing Great tunes on it makes you cry for ammo and makes it even more costlier. =.=

For WBGs, however, you can put in 2-3 Great tunes on it and still have more ammo and lesser cost than Plasma Gun, rofl

In my case, I use my Wide Beam Gun for the sole purpose of LND harassment, and regardless of force, a shot from a beam gun will hurt them. It's still a very good all-purpose weapon, like everyone else here mentioned.

Tentrion AMs, I don't really recommend it if you're planning to tune later, as you will tank your WLK faster with it.

And yeah, one of the best Crimrose advice is to level it up to 10 and turn it into Seraph.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:15 am

suddenly i'm number 5. like always. with 3 stars above my head and stuff. a few games i never even died.

given that i used my izuna those games. but idk about that crim and tesla. i mean they are good but the crim has such low hp and neither the crim or tesla have a sub attack now. too bad there's no sub shooting wep. except for that of izuna. no money for its lgs tho.

keep feeding me knowlege guys.

edit: how do u feel about great boost gamma? it gives 3 fly at the cost of some other stuff but only has a +10 cost in its own. i have enough materials for 3 of those and enough capa too on my izuna.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:49 pm

While the high of winning is nice, be wary that wisp shooting outta your ass is not gonna earn you any respect points lol. Idk if that's what you're doing with Izuna, but since you're talking about subweapons..well...

Crim does have low HP; but she has to be a seraph made from lvl 10 for you to see the grand improvement.

Other than that, you just hafta keep practicing. Even the best builds in the wrong hands will..end up wrong. Believe me, I know >< *points to self as being the all purpose researcher, but never the all purpose practicer/player*
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 pm

amscray wrote:
suddenly i'm number 5. like always. with 3 stars above my head and stuff. a few games i never even died.

given that i used my izuna those games. but idk about that crim and tesla. i mean they are good but the crim has such low hp and neither the crim or tesla have a sub attack now. too bad there's no sub shooting wep. except for that of izuna. no money for its lgs tho.

keep feeding me knowlege guys.

edit: how do u feel about great boost gamma? it gives 3 fly at the cost of some other stuff but only has a +10 cost in its own. i have enough materials for 3 of those and enough capa too on my izuna.

Gamma tunes are very bad. Beta tunes subtract -1 Str and Fly, which is better as Air type needs Fly and Tec. Crimrose isn't very good aside from the fact she can evolve into Seraph Crimrose, who on the other hand is very good. Also, about the Crimrose LG's having BS's attached: They aren't removable or give stats, but makes them usable by bots who have no BS slots on their body, such as Crimrose, Thoarla, ect...

Feel free to post your new bots here again with any changes you've made.

If you don't have Tentrion AM, spam Arcantus for it and tune materials. And about Tesla: You should use LazFlamme LG's on her, with Sword Wing BS . Sword Wing BS is easily gotten from friendship gifts or Arcantus. On Izuna, you can replace Izuna AM's with Mach Knight AMs like on your Tesla.

About the Shadow Hunter AM's, I'm not sure on the stats, but I think they give WLK. On an air, a part with WLK isn't always a bad thing. When you tune High/Great Boost Alpha/Beta tunes it stops WLK from reaching zero.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Shadow Hunter AMs are +1 str +1 wlk +1 fly -1 tgh, iirc. 20 or 25 cost.

I love them on Beezle since wlk was a problem tuning him to 38 fly, but don't bother on anything else. The -tgh isn't worth it, and you aren't getting any tec from it either.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 am

Newbie needs help - Page 2 Screenshot2011061414472
Newbie needs help - Page 2 Screenshot2011061414474
Newbie needs help - Page 2 Screenshot2011061414480
Newbie needs help - Page 2 Screenshot2011061414484

ok here are the changes i made

i now have a crimrose that i intend to level up to seraph
my izuna is the exact same
my tesla now has the laz lg and the VULTURE bs instead of sword wing. the reason i did this was because they look good with a difference of only 1 fly so... yeah i sacrificed 1 fly for looks... i know, i know.
my jikun .... erm... i changed my strategy a little. i took off the viper shields, put a buckler on because they give the same hp for 20 less cost and about the same coverage and put on a scouter rifle. took off the bs to get some capa available. i'll add it later when i level it.

haven't tuned anything yet, i'm gonna get 2 more mach knight arms and put those on and tune em for great boost alpha.

is this good? or am i fuxin it up again?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am

Scouter Rifle on Jikun is a no-no. -4 str on a melee bot is -not- good. Swap it for a Handy Bazooka/Mini Bazooka (anti-air) or a magnum/accelgun.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:46 pm

dammit im getting more sp lotto cubes than tentrion arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie needs help
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2