Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie needs help

Go down 
+5
knyx
Zwiebel Force
Suguri
xzpwnz
Moghul
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:47 am

Hello guys, i'm new and even though this sentence should be in the introduction forum, what's next fits in the guide section.... i think.

ok so ive been playing for ~2 weeks and i have been using an izuna kamui nagi and a tesladonna and a jikun and am currently leveling up some others just for fighting haku.

i like to soar over people and just make it rain with my airs and with my jikun i get right in there and pummel everyone.
here they are:
Newbie needs help Screenshot2011061211290
Newbie needs help Screenshot2011061211335
Newbie needs help Screenshot2011061211361

u can go ahead and laugh and point and mock me if u'd like but i'm doing rather well so... w/e.

now, the reason why i'm posting in this section is because i'd like to get some tips and pointers for my airs and maybe even my lnd.
i'll also show u some guns i have if they'd work better for my bots

Newbie needs help Screenshot2011061211363
Newbie needs help Screenshot2011061211365

also a question: is that big laser any good for me? cuz i see people using it and i can't tell if they're doing well or not.

if i mucked something up, please tell me and .... well... help me start it up. yes, i am a triangle but i'm still new.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:58 am

Most land types need wlk so your wing plus amj is just eating up cost on your jikun
Wing plus amj just eats up cost anyways, I recommend not using that because of cost:stat ratio and hit box
I'll let suguu tell you the rest since there's a shit ton of things I see wrong
Shouldn't be much of a problem for now since you don't have that many alternatives at triangle rank
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:00 am

yeah but i hate it when i have to climb somewhere and i can't because lnds fly so low and for such a short distance.

also if u see a lot of things wrong TELL me. i need to know, QQ
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 am

Just buy a helingal for now
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:21 am

but it's UGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and i'd need 5 more k....
Back to top Go down

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 am

amscray wrote:
but it's UGLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and i'd need 5 more k....
It's not ugly.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:42 am

are you serious? it looks like a helicopter. an ugly one too. show me a good looking helingal.

also, lasers? anyone? are they any good?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:59 am

>he has a 1s scouter rifle
>I have 2400 hours on my main and 150 on my alt with zero scouter rifles

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Uh, weapon setups look good. Change arms on the Nagi to Tentrion or Mach Knight AMs and tune to 38 fly, then use the remaining slots on tec. What's the tune on the mini zook?

Shell Guard is completely useless, as is internals on Izuna.

Change the bits on Izuna and Tesla to Slayer Bits, Propeller Bits, or Dual Laser Bits. Change Jikun's to Dual Axe or Axesword.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Helingal is a totally hot tip for all the new guys. I guess his odd looks are the price u gotta pay for him being so badass and free from UC shop. I use to suck at AIRs but with him I have my moments xD

If u want a prettier, more melee like version of Helingal troll the Royal Gara for a Tristar+
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:12 pm

I hate Helingal personally. Bought one after a long time because people kept telling me he was good, but I can never do enough damage with him to matter.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Suguri wrote:
I hate Helingal personally. Bought one after a long time because people kept telling me he was good, but I can never do enough damage with him to matter.

As I said: he's a hot tip for new guys. He's pretty good because you don't need to tune him at all. Of course there are many better AIRs later but those tend to be Rt only :S
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Suguri wrote:

As I said: he's a hot tip for new guys. He's pretty good because you don't need to tune him at all. Of course there are many better AIRs later but those tend to be Rt only :S
Seraph, Izuna, Sword Wing, Big Mountaiz

Last I checked they're still UC.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Suguri wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Seraph, Izuna, Sword Wing, Big Mountaiz

Last I checked they're still UC.

What Zwie probably means is "no nothing required to use him" not even fitting a weapon or changing parts, as close as a "ready out of the box" bot a UC player will get.

Though a 3s version of him gives great possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Say what you will, I think I'd still rather have a lv0 sword wing with WBG + mini zook over a lv0 helingal.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Suguri wrote:
Say what you will, I think I'd still rather have a lv0 sword wing with WBG + mini zook over a lv0 helingal.

For people who absolutely don't want to take a look at the weapons shop.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 pm

knyx wrote:
Suguri wrote:

For people who absolutely don't want to take a look at the weapons shop.
i.e. people that deserve to lose
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 am

I'm going to focus on Tesla.

Toss away that Beam Machinegun and get something with a little bit more range, like WBG or LPG. Replace the LG with Crim LG or something; Tesla's LG is rather costly for me. Izuna LG is a go too but Tesla is rather limited on capacity (1125 with all cost carts).

Also, I'd rather you get Broad Radar, since that's one of the unique points having a Tesla.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 am

I'd go Laz LG + Sword Wing/Vulture BS on Tesla. She has the capacity to tune quite a bit, but lacks the slots to do it; adding a BS really helps her out in that department.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
I'm going to focus on Tesla.

Toss away that Beam Machinegun and get something with a little bit more range, like WBG or LPG. Replace the LG with Crim LG or something; Tesla's LG is rather costly for me. Izuna LG is a go too but Tesla is rather limited on capacity (1125 with all cost carts).

Also, I'd rather you get Broad Radar, since that's one of the unique points having a Tesla.

guys, guys, remember that i am new. i do not know what a wbg or lpg means.

also crim, isn't it RT?

another question, how do i "tune for slow"?
i'm guessing it's at the cosmos pot but i just can't find slow.
also remember to keep stuff for uc.

i thought of broad radar and i'm gonna get that, i realize now i messed up some stuff on my bots but oh well...

keep feeding me knowledge guys, it REALLY helps.

another thing: what about my jikun? i take off its wing+ amj and? then what? also my nagi? is it fine?

don't worry about my tunes on my zooks, they were ammo a and hp and the first things u see anyway, not the hotshot stuff. don't have enough tuning stuff for it.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 am

WBG = Wide Beam Gun

LPG= Limited Plasma Gun

Crim is short for Crimrose, a Air type in the shop for 7000 UC. If you chose her as your starter robot, her LG's she came with are 2 slot a d are worth using. I suggest using Lazflamme LG's on Tesla for the extra BS slot, using Sword Wing BS. If you have enough UC, go for a Seraph Crimrose, and either use her or steal her LG's which I particularly like. Spam Arcantus for Tentrion AM's, which are another favorite of mine.(Arcantus still won't give me one though) and use them on your Tesla and Izuna for a nice +2 fly per AM. Noting that you're new, I'll save you from making the mistake I made when hunting for parts. You can buy duplicate 1 slot parts of most Arcantus drops in the shop, so there's no need to hunt for more than one unless you're wanting to get 3 slog ones.

As for "tuning for slow" , you tune the same as any stat tune, but by going go the ride side of the tune menu and selecting Sub-Weapon(only tunable on melée weapons.) But honestly unless you have a weapon with several hits on the combo, it's not worth the cost.

Not sure about your Jikun, as I detest the jikun series, but your Izuma looks good. If you have slots on those AM's or any other slots, take off the Wing AMJ's and do High Boost Alpha tunes on the slots you have until you reach 38 FLY, which is the last breakpoint for Fly. Only reason to take off the AMJ's is because that if you compare the stats and the cost of them, they have the same stats as a High Boost Alpha tune (+2 Fly, -1 WLK) but have more cost.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 am

Trill wrote:
WBG = Wide Beam Gun

LPG= Limited Plasma Gun

Crim is short for Crimrose, a Air type in the shop for 7000 UC. If you chose her as your starter robot, her LG's she came with are 2 slot a d are worth using. I suggest using Lazflamme LG's on Tesla for the extra BS slot, using Sword Wing BS. If you have enough UC, go for a Seraph Crimrose, and either use her or steal her LG's which I particularly like. Spam Arcantus for Tentrion AM's, which are another favorite of mine.(Arcantus still won't give me one though) and use them on your Tesla and Izuna for a nice +2 fly per AM. Noting that you're new, I'll save you from making the mistake I made when hunting for parts. You can buy duplicate 1 slot parts of most Arcantus drops in the shop, so there's no need to hunt for more than one unless you're wanting to get 3 slog ones.

As for "tuning for slow" , you tune the same as any stat tune, but by going go the ride side of the tune menu and selecting Sub-Weapon(only tunable on melée weapons.) But honestly unless you have a weapon with several hits on the combo, it's not worth the cost.

thank you for your help!
is laz-flamme rt or uc? i'll just check. also isn't she lnd? won't she take away fly or something?
i only have 20k uc so a seraph crim is far from me.
can you give me a reason as to why the seraph's lg's are good? can i add a bs to it?
already have 2 full tentrions (lol)
thanks about that slow tune.
can you recommend a sub for me? a melee? a good one. for uc. that can be used on either 3 of my robots. i quite like arcantus with a melee in my tesla's arms

and as for wbg and lpg

i don't like wbg.... for some reason. i completely despise it. it feels so slow and so low on dmg.... that machinegun FEELS faster.
as for lpg, .... i've only found plasma gun (as is in my izuna's right arm). i don't know if there's a difference or if it's a special item or something (yes i am THAT nooby)
Back to top Go down
darkftw
Newcomer
Newcomer
darkftw

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:29 am

amscray wrote:

thank you for your help!
is laz-flamme rt or uc? i'll just check. also isn't she lnd? won't she take away fly or something?
lazzy is UC, can get her for 7k uc iirc. and her LG adds 1 str, 2 wlk and 1 fly with just 20 cost, an you can stick one additional BS into the LG too.
Quote :

and as for wbg and lpg

as for lpg, .... i've only found plasma gun (as is in my izuna's right arm). i don't know if there's a difference or if it's a special item or something (yes i am THAT nooby)
beam machinegun requires you to get close to your target, while lpg/wbg allows you to stay away from your targets so you can have more time to dodge incoming projectiles. and you can't get LPGs from the shop, you have to go to arenas for those iirc.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 am

Seraph LG gives +4 FLY and comes in 3 slots when promoting Crimrose to Seraph. Laz Flamme is UC Land, and a very good S land gunner as well. I suggest possibly buying two, one to rip the LG's off of and one to use. That Scout Ricle would fit her very well. I won't go into detail on her, but Suguri has a guide on her somewhere around here. Her LG is good becUse it gives another BS slot, but I'm not sure on it's stats.
As for a good melée UC weapon, Kamui Staff is good, the one that has a golden glowing sword sticking out of it. Unfortunately most melée weapons are RT now, and trying to use UC in that category is like trying to bring a knife to a gun fight.

About WBG, I really liked it starting out. It has a large bullet, making it easy to hit things with. Though if you're not doing Arena much it won't matter in Quests, as those aren't hard to hit. As for using melée in Arcantus, I'm not sure it's recommended. Higher level rooms have stronger opponents, making melée very dangerous. People suggest guns with a lot of ammo, such as Machineguns.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:34 am

ok so i just checked the shop and i see that both laz and crim are UC. however, crim has 2 BS's which looks pretty frickin good for me. so i think i'll buy one and kill it. it DOES still give 2 bs's if i break it.... right? i mean, laz has one bs but doesn't crim have 2?

also, somehow i don't have tentrion arms but i have tarantulic and shadow hunter arms with 3 slots each and im thinking of tuning those for fly.

is that good?

ok so i'll swap that beam machinegun for a while with a wbg and i already have a kamui staff but no slots on it for a slow tune.

what do u think?

and i'd very much like to buy that crimrose just for me and swap it for my jikun which i will keep for fun. or junk it.
Back to top Go down
darkftw
Newcomer
Newcomer
darkftw

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:01 am

amscray wrote:
ok so i just checked the shop and i see that both laz and crim are UC. however, crim has 2 BS's which looks pretty frickin good for me. so i think i'll buy one and kill it. it DOES still give 2 bs's if i break it.... right? i mean, laz has one bs but doesn't crim have 2?
those BSes that crim LG has, have no stats on it and are not changeable, while you can slot any BS usable to your bot on a lazzy LG.

Quote :
also, somehow i don't have tentrion arms but i have tarantulic and shadow hunter arms with 3 slots each and im thinking of tuning those for fly.

is that good?
personally, if those have good starting stats, i would.

Quote :

ok so i'll swap that beam machinegun for a while with a wbg and i already have a kamui staff but no slots on it for a slow tune.

what do u think?
wbg has quite large projectile size and it hardly misses when shot properly, the low firing interval makes up for its 12 force, and i believe 500 ammo will last you the whole match
in low lvl rooms, i doubt you'll need a tuned kamui staff to pwn, that staff is the best melee weapon UC players can get anw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie needs help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie needs help   Newbie needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie needs help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next