Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+5
LordShade
Burrighto
haures
Relict?
xingha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
xingha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Im just totally new on this game. Pls no abbreviation (unless used for the 2nd and so). I would like to be a speedy melee master. I prefer 2-handed melee weapon and evasion as the defendse. Any tips? I just read about Zero Saber Girl. So is her my choice?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Well, since you want to be a speedy melee master, you should use small or medium sized bots
(probably small to be harder to hit, but medium sized bots can use small parts, too, and they have access to more weaponry).
On that note, Zero Saber Girl should be a good choice. Keep in mind, however, I have never tried her and thus am just going on what other people have said. I've heard she is hard to use...

In any case, her gimmick is the Z-step. It basically teleports you right in front of the closest enemy. The Z-step also increases the damage of your next melee attack (by doubling the damage; I also read that the boosted attack also has a high stun chance).

There is no two-handed weaponry, really. Some nice weaponry are listed in Suguri's post here (click on here).
Some new melee weaponry have been released and are talked about here (click on here again).

I'm a noob at melee so you could just ignore me and wait for a more experienced player to answer you...
Back to top Go down
xingha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Dont worry becoz hard becomes easy on me.

Last edited by xingha on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Newbie 011

whut?
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm

"hard becomes easy" - what the F***?!

anyway, back on topic. I rarely see a zero saber girl in arena unlike the jikuns siblings and ouka. Her Z-step is basically all what relict said barely warping to your target, boost the first attack and that's it whereas to the jikuns' they have kick and tackle(almost same as Z-step only it has damage) and they can hold 2 shield without removing their ability to kill. And another advantage is that they're open for parts customization which zero saber girl can't do. As for ouka, men! get a boost run and spam that katana of hers. Even though his parts are fixed (beside the bs to what I remember) she's one of the best melee out there. And one more thing, ouka gara is out of the shop already. Smile
Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:19 pm

lol so it was about a zero saber girl?if you will gonna buy it,don't buy,it is a junk like destructor girl,it is a moebot for nerds to masturbate,i prefer much more the mecha bots than these 'things',and the story of this zero saber girl is:

she loved so much zero saber(she is otaku)that she went to the cosmic break dimension to fight with her ridiculous suit of brazilian girl.
Back to top Go down
Burrighto
Burrighto

Male Posts : 41

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 pm

xingha wrote:
Im just totally new on this game. Pls no abbreviation (unless used for the 2nd and so). I would like to be a speedy melee master. I prefer 2-handed melee weapon and evasion as the defendse. Any tips? I just read about Zero Saber Girl. So is her my choice?

If you like 2-Hand swords there is Vanguard Fencer, however he is garapon only and requires money to buy.
If you want to be a faggot you can buy Ivis.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Agnusdei wrote:
lol so it was about a zero saber girl?if you will gonna buy it,don't buy,it is a junk like destructor girl,it is a moebot for nerds to masturbate,i prefer much more the mecha bots than these 'things',and the story of this zero saber girl is:

she loved so much zero saber(she is otaku)that she went to the cosmic break dimension to fight with her ridiculous suit of brazilian girl.

in the right hands she is an incredibly deadly opponent. I've killed so many people including wiping an entire powerspot clean once. zero step is great and once you get used to it you can even take down those nasty air units that is supposedly air>lnd

destructor girl is trash?

so missiles with absolutely ridiculous homing to air and lnd is called trash huh? i'd like too see you get hit by destructor girl antiairmissiles, they are pretty much impossible to avoid. (only way to miss is if destructor girl shoots too close to you,even then its antiair FLAK missiles, from long range you WILL get HIT.) plus wack you with about 70-80 damage a hit. oh did i mention it'll stun you out of the air as well?

the only one that i would agree is absolute trash is mecha jetter girl, only because she's just a generic air with absolutely nothing special about her.

also this game is advertised as a 'moe mecha musume' if you want more manly mechs, get a gywain, go buy a manly byne, buy a saggitarus maxis, I don't use these bots often because on the battlefield, I prefer agility and hitbox over manliness

xingha wrote:

She is a good choice, just invest a little bit in mastering zero step (her core ability) and maybe tune her up a bit (you cant change any of her parts so yeah) and she is one of the most powerful bots in the game.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Agnusdei wrote:

Guess he'd rather masturbate while staring at mecha bots and manly things like his avatar. :/

/offtopic
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Please keep the topic work safe.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Since you gave pretty clear guidelines, I'll make it nice and simple.

Good starter melee bots: Jikun Hu and Jikun Long. Use W-tackle to get in close, then kick targets to death. Weapons should either be x2 shields or a shield and a gun, leave the melee to your tackles and kicks.

Intermediate: Any bot with Red Squealer or Ace Braver arms. You'll lack the tackle, but are much more open to customization being able to use any core or non-arm of your choosing. x2 shields or 1 shield and 1 gun are still probably the best way to go.

Advanced: Zero Saber or Zero Saber Girl. Zero Saber is more customizable, but Zero Saber Girl has better stats. The reason they're advanced choices is the difficulty in learning to control Zero Step effectively, but they'll hit harder in any single hit than any other land when you do get the hang of it, and can easily home in on airs to melee them as well. Sonic Blade, Kamui Staff, Damascus Knife, and Photon Blade are good options for melee weapons. On Zero Saber, you could use Ace Braver AMs as well to free up your hands for guns or shields.

Ouka is great too, but she's unobtainable again now.

@haures: Her LG is removable too, and is similar in stats to a 3-slot Laz LG with +3 wlk.
Back to top Go down
xingha
Newcomer
Newcomer

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:44 am

Hmmm... How much anti-stun stat do i need to put or rather just equip an anti-stun gear (if any)? Whats that about Ouka and Ivis? What i really need is a pure offensive melee robot (Str and Spd), so what bot is excellent for it? I heard about Zero Saber Girl but its not my preferred choice.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 am

xingha wrote:
Hmmm... How much anti-stun stat do i need to put or rather just equip an anti-stun gear (if any)? Whats that about Ouka and Ivis? What i really need is a pure offensive melee robot (Str and Spd), so what bot is excellent for it? I heard about Zero Saber Girl but its not my preferred choice.
TGH should be above 10 on S-size bots, probably 20+ on L-size. On a Mighty Byne you should go for 40.

Ouka was in garapon during January and is a pure melee bot with fast attack speed, and is now unobtainable unless you get extremely lucky with an [Ro] cube from UC gara 2. Ivis isn't even in the game right now unless she appears in [Ro] cubes already.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

Girl haters: You can tune 40 of a stat easy with the girls compared to other bots. Now imagine those hax homing missiles with 40 TEC, yeah, or ZSG step spamming some melee while running around the target with her 40 WLK.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 am

Suguri wrote:

@haures: Her LG is removable too, and is similar in stats to a 3-slot Laz LG with +3 wlk.

oh yeah, I forgot that one too. thanks for reminding. Very Happy

I forgot also frau adone in the list. she also counts in, with her as a air bot and melee makes a perfect combination of offense and evasion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1