Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots

Go down 
+11
farith
piroton
shinigami
FreedomFighter
FireKiller87
Courius
NovaZero
knyx
Suguri
xzpwnz
ngelicdark
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Actually my only intent in this thread was to figure if other melee bots that weren't Jham builds or something were still viable to 1v1 ivis since she's a pretty common LND melee bot nowadays. I like soloing 1v1 melee bots (kinda reminds me of KH where I used to fight Riku without magic and taking damage, and just sword it all out XD I know, pretty easy, but it was hella fun).

That and..I learned some new stuff =X I don't own a JHam/Daed AM2 build, so I'm wondering if an Elisa/shock sword might still work on her, or maybe the new BB (both I don't own, but I plan to own soon).

That and now you sparked me an idea to put CVeil on one of those two bots (since I believe both have Stun Regain) to see if that might actually work. Although both of them have so bleeeeh TGH.... ._.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Shock sword should save Elisa from being a trash bot. Only being able to use her Aura from internal upgrades however, is not.

She would be A-tier if she didn't *need" her core to use WB. Although SoRL is a 1-up on Ivis who has only the death spiral to answer Airs with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Vanguard with c.veil tuned will have their overdrive removed when the c.veil is activated.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:14 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Actually my only intent in this thread was to figure if other melee bots that weren't Jham builds or something were still viable to 1v1 ivis since she's a pretty common LND melee bot nowadays.
Short answer: no. Since she won't be stunned but you will, it doesn't matter who gets the first strike; she'll get every hit after.

Also, jham's not the only hammer that works for that, is it? I'd expect warhammer or patty's hat gatling to work fine, too.
Back to top Go down
Kanra
Kanra

Male Posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 am

kinda a derail post but...

lol, no CV doesnt cancel out overdrive on VF, many anuses have tasted my cold steel while in Crimson OverRape mode.

But Jham is pretty tried and true when it comes to dealing with ivis. That was the anti-ivis build for LND anyways, back in beta when the only thing alive on the ground were ivises.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 am

Suguri wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:
Actually my only intent in this thread was to figure if other melee bots that weren't Jham builds or something were still viable to 1v1 ivis since she's a pretty common LND melee bot nowadays.
Short answer: no. Since she won't be stunned but you will, it doesn't matter who gets the first strike; she'll get every hit after.

Also, jham's not the only hammer that works for that, is it? I'd expect warhammer or patty's hat gatling to work fine, too.

I don't use Patty very often, but I recall her hat being a bitch to hit with. Short range, very little momentum, required you to be TOO close to your target..... Yeah not going to touch an Ivis with that unless I had a 10 foot pole.

That aside, you're right, if I ever seen an Ivis on my LND melees, I probably should steer real clear of that. No way I can beat her if she's still in CVeil; and even worse, if I get caught and the user tuned slow on her.. zzzz

This is depressing. If I want to fight fire with fire with stuff currently available, I hafta get an Ivis myself. Either that, or just sulk away from every Ivis on the field until I can manage to get something ridiculous like those L spiker bots can do -_-

Oh, how are MBGs doing these days with her on the field? The Ouka players I see now are the ones who've always played Ouka, and are pretty damn good (though I see none of them have fought Ivis face to face so I'm guessing they know to steer clear of her now Laughing )
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 am

ngelicdark wrote:
Oh, how are MBGs doing these days with her on the field? The Ouka players I see now are the ones who've always played Ouka, and are pretty damn good (though I see none of them have fought Ivis face to face so I'm guessing they know to steer clear of her now Laughing )
Either dual Viper Shields or shield + gun.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:18 am

mmm... Ivis isn't OP so we so worried...
but if tuned she is good enought to be played!!

I has been able to kill crims, a-chan and any other airs... just jump and spam!!! (funny, she is the only one LND that I can use vs airs) (I want that TGH + Stun reagain combo in all my bots!!!!! that video is awesome!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots   Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ivis vs. Other Melee Bots
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2