Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the best strategy for ivis?

Go down 
+23
Midona
Foxie
Jello
sibladeko
Doppelori
NEXT
Tigge
knyx
Xenosnake
Feign
frappn
rawrrr
SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D
MightyPeanut
Fate
NeedMorePylons
Lyrenth
Replekia
Desu
NovaZero
Hyoka
Koao
azz33
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Desu wrote:

You're calling it stagnant,
But in reality you see half the people you know living such a life.

As for me,
If you really wanted to know how I lived,
I just wait for the things that don't intrest me to come towards me.
If i really wanted to know something i would look for an answer,
Or try to aquire that thing i had wanted.

And this is kind of off from what i'm saying,
But you DO know when you're breath smells wierd.
You get a weird tingling in you're mouth.
And you can kind of taste that awkwardness.

That maybe true to some degree, but it's still a stagnant! Really? Why do people even say something when what they're saying is totally irrelevant and doesn't make a difference whatsoever. It's like a cancer patient saying, "Yeah I might have cancer but at least I have a heart of gold!". But you still have cancer and you're still going to die.

Just to put it out there but, what I said was not entirely directly to you but it was directed to what you said, if that makes sense. Your way of life is not relevant to this really. But I find it weird that you live a life totally different from what you preached. I know it's the internet, we're in a forum, and that things in the internet should not be taken too seriously. But still...that's just weird...

If you didn't notice the breath thing was a rhetorical statement to prove a point. You didn't have to take it quite literally. I mean, if you really wanted to know if you had bad breath you would just get a spoon, scrape it against your tongue, let it dry, and smell it. If it smells like shit you have bad breath.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 am

Jello wrote:

That maybe true to some degree, but it's still a stagnant! Really? Why do people even say something when what they're saying is totally irrelevant and doesn't make a difference whatsoever. It's like a cancer patient saying, "Yeah I might have cancer but at least I have a heart of gold!". But you still have cancer and you're still going to die.

Just to put it out there but, what I said was not entirely directly to you but it was directed to what you said, if that makes sense. Your way of life is not relevant to this really. But I find it weird that you live a life totally different from what you preached. I know it's the internet, we're in a forum, and that things in the internet should not be taken too seriously. But still...that's just weird...

If you didn't notice the breath thing was a rhetorical statement to prove a point. You didn't have to take it quite literally. I mean, if you really wanted to know if you had bad breath you would just get a spoon, scrape it against your tongue, let it dry, and smell it. If it smells like shit you have bad breath.

Being stagnant is like a religion,
Giving others a false hope.
When in reality,
Your "God" won't do shit,
Other than laugh at you when you jump off a cliff,
Hoping he'd saying you.

Its really nice to have a taste of two lives once in a while,
It's probably why so many of the people i know
Are bipolar.

Also the spoon method doesn't work if some people have like kimchi breath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 633801847724396865-FlameShield
time for a combo breaker.

Anyways, to kill an Ivis, flip her on her back...

And you attack her weak point for massive damage..
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:40 am

Hyoka wrote:

Anyways, to kill an Ivis, flip her on her back...

And you attack her weak point for massive damage..

Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 am

...so an army of Maril Marches rock out on top of Ivis?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:49 am

NovaZero wrote:

uh-huh.

Bring bazooka gatlings and flamethrowers as well.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:54 am

Hyoka wrote:

uh-huh.

I doubt a Maril could have enough Capacity to equip two gatling bazookas,
If not, a Asura AM a third arm and a flame thrower.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:51 pm

NovaZero wrote:

Yes, you max her out, and go to a high point where everything is in range.. You then spam like hell. That's the only way I survived lnd types, especially Ivis, since she can't reach you, except when an air finds you and gets another handful of airs and start raping you...
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 2:28 am

Desu wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

uh-huh.

I doubt a Maril could have enough Capacity to equip two gatling bazookas,
If not, a Asura AM a third arm and a flame thrower.
You would be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:32 am

The question "Whats the best strategy for ivis?" contain two incompatible words : Strategy and Ivis. Just jeep spamming your Space and your Left click.

/QQ mode off

Mmmmh. Well, with Ivis, belong to me, you must buy low cost items because her best role is to kill ART guys in less than 10 sec. It should be a suicide often, but around 700-800 Cost worth killing a 1500+ cost bot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm

That new support unit can use a shock attack that makes it so ivis can't attack, seems like a good idea.

Shock knife does that too, but you need to be careful about the timing.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 am

Right click is best strategy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:02 am

TaeTae wrote:

Thanks captain obvious
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:52 am

sunjae429 wrote:
TaeTae wrote:

Thanks captain obvious

No problems, I appreciate helping others.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:54 pm

TaeTae wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
TaeTae wrote:

Thanks captain obvious

No problems, I appreciate helping others.

lmfao at captain obvious. that's so hilarious man.

@the topic, for crying out ivis overpowered or whatever you said, if ivis is really as you mentioned, just don't use art robot, use air type and try to harass ivis ._. and really, ivis dies when she ganged up by 8 other bots that means she isn't overpowered.

if she can kill all 8 bots that gang her, that'll be either the ivis player is too pro, or the other 8 are total noob.

i'm sorry if there's someone feel hostility in my post but that's just the fact I personally can't deny.

@someone that said ivis will be buyable via real cash with time duration, that might be possible, yet impossible. buy cash, has duration time, break the robot, and put the part into other robot, after the duration ends, the parts that's broken down will lost too? that'll be hard to accomplish.

@the solution: air type bots with smart, fast-finger, war-wise player, propeller bits, and with fly at least 17, you can pretty much harass ivis. Just one thing. If you are using air robot with low TGH, your booster run out, landed, pinned on a wall, and get 2 hits from her just don't bother trying to escape if there's nobody around you, give it up, put your hands off your mouse and keyboard and enjoy the S&M for awhile. end story.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Replekia wrote:

I have no problem with the "damage triangle" as you call it, but for one bot to be so amazingly geared against one type that is stands absolutely no chance is a game breaker. Up until now my ART team has never had a problem dealing with any LAND type.

Your art team never had problem dealing with any land type ._. means until CB updated, Ivis come out, you own. Ivis come out, you got owned by them. haven't anyone told you that life is like wheel? that line works well on game too. Sometimes you own, sometimes you get owned. And lol, your art team screwed by Ivis? Then try something new other than art. I see some pro ouka[s] killing ivis. If your team screwed fighting ivis, it's either that ivis is pro, or fully-geared, or it's just you're too noob when facing changes ._.

Replekia wrote:

TL:DR I signed up to beta test Cosmic Break, a game based on a variety robots. I am getting tired of playing "Ivis and friends online". It's obvious she is just too powerful as a bot, otherwise not so many people would play her, and she needs some sort of nerf. I personally suggest taking away the rapier upgrade during CV, which would put her more in the grounds of all the other Land types. Her anti-stun is already very useful.
EDIT: TGH is overrated. I've tried maxing it out on a robot to see what difference it actually makes for being stunned and damage reduction. It's rather minimal...

you're tired playing? just quit the game Mad

conclusion: you're just a spoiled brat who loves to hit someone but don't like being hit back. Life is like this; An eye for an eye.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Varetyr has a good point~

from what i've been reading from Replekia, he just duznt wanna ake any adjustments to his playstyle or bots~

i mean, i LOVE crimrose and want to keep a Crimrose only Commando, but after seeing the floods of ARTs and LND bots lately, i had to add a LND bot to my commando. (that LND would be Ouka. Not ivis.)

I mean yeah, Ivis is OP, but it can be beaten. (a very easily, if ur playing the field right)

but if u dont like how the game is going, ur gonna have to make adjustments or just quit in general. MMOs (especially F2P ones) will always push out CS stuff~ therez nothing new there~ but thatz not where u should be focusing on what the game host is pushing.

Worry about security and the maintenance of the game~ (if this wasnt done, u'd REALLY have something to complain about.)

Like Nova said, Ivis will most likely be limited, is definitely CS and will be Garapon only~ (that alone will GREATLY wipe out more than 80% of the Ivis users that we have now.) Even in the JP CB, i barely see any ivis~ (ouka, i've seen quite a few)

but yeah. what should be changed is simply the approach ur taking to the game. Not the game itself.

(sorry if i seem'd to skip any posts and/or if i revived something. i was only skimming through the topic~)
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:33 am

Anyway, let me enlighten for those who are having hard time facing Ivis.

1. You're free to ask your teammates to gang the Ivis.
2. You're free to not face or to avoid Ivis.
3. You're free to escape from Ivis.
4. You're free to quit the match by closing the program via Kill Task from the Windows Task Manager.
5. You're free to quit the game if you find Ivis is annoying and want to delete Ivis' existence.

Problem finished.
Case should be closed.
Thanks.

Vareluxe
Back to top Go down
iplee
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: War   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 am

We go to war, it's what we do.
They got planes, we get rockets to shoot them.
They get guerilla squads to kill our rocketeers, we get radar to find them 1st.
They get tanks to survive our assualts, we get bombers.
They get nukes....
we get nukes....
We organise a series of complex treaties and fail safes and fail deadlys to reach a stalemate.

So yeah, we've averted nuclear holocaust, but the nukes are still there, still as damaging as ever and take alot more effort to stop than any weapon conceived before hand.

and that is why a majority of your arguments are stupid.

Ivis is OP, not unkillable.

-Aesop

Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 am

iplee wrote:

Ivis is OP, not unkillable.

-Aesop

Not quite agreed to the statement in bold.
Here's some proof.

NovaZero wrote:

Gahaha. Once had an Ivis charge at my Lily. Didn't move and fired all my 6 rifles at her. Died one inch in front of my face because she couldn't handle a stream of bullets coming from 6 rifles flying towards her face.

werty16 wrote:

seraph with 2x wide beamguns and 2x 3way beamguns does the same thing as ur 6 rifles wen dealing with lnd storming at ya XD

And the link to the forum page that has the quoted replies.
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/general-f3/don-t-you-love-it-when--t910-45.htm

Thanks,
Vareluxe
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 am

The biggest cries about "Oh noes overpowered ivis" is, well, obviously from the arena.

And in the Arena people like to use ART bots a ton. That was the trend until Seraph Crim, where people worked on evolving crimrose to use in arena instead.

Afterwards, Ivis. Yeah, IVIS.

But it doesn't mean Ivis can't be killed because she is not susceptible to stunning. Well, aside from the obvious pointers at setting them on fire, or getting them lured into some form of trap (Fire Pillars, Hurricane Blows, Greinaut's gravity fields, Winberrl [and any variant thereof] binds, Net Slings, Gravity guns, so on and so forth), it's already possible to kill them with pure firepower.

At about midnight (just last night!) I got bored and re-used my Saggitary Maxis II GOLD body to make one more railgun bot, just for the heck of it.

Here's his build!

Boiledeck AM
Cross Raptor HD
Thoarla LG
2x Destructor BS

And his railgun already kills (or seriously damages) any melee bot I come across, while keeping balanced (save str, which is a measly 3) stats to move around and attack with.

The thing is, there are so many ways to solve a problem, and most solutions are viable for use in many other situations as well (my railgun for example), that it just feels awkward hearing people unwilling to find even one solution that works for them and cry about it instead. I don't think it's so hard to get any of the parts I just listed on my bot, save Boiledeck AM (which I won't mind gifting to people), and on full release she's going to be a lot less prominent than now, because she'll be rare.

But I guess you shouldn't listen to my ranting, I'm not one for PvP. (Or maybe this makes a statement?)
Back to top Go down
iplee
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:35 am

Word around is that Ivis has already been nerfed in Jap CB. If that's the case who knows better you Ivis defenders (and fliers who are rarely ever victims) or the JAPANESE.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 am

We would know better, since the Japanese would be fighting less powerful Ivis armies.

But also the truth is that Ivis is a rare bot in the Japanese version.

And to make the gap between us and JP bigger is that not only do the Japanese have to deal with them Ivis armies longer than we do, but they had to use C21 bots, since most of them won't be able to afford to good RT bots like we're using right now.
Back to top Go down
iplee
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 am

I'm not crying
As I already said Ivis is killable, you can get around her. It's just the effort required to escape/kill Ivis is alot greater than that required to kill most other bots. I can easily compare the difficulty to killing a railgun bot in a narrow pathway, you just need to do so much more then your opponent.

I'm not shy of hard work but why does 1 bot demand so much from the team?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:50 am

Because Arenas were never balanced to begin with and never will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best strategy for ivis?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next