Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the best strategy for ivis?

Go down 
+23
Midona
Foxie
Jello
sibladeko
Doppelori
NEXT
Tigge
knyx
Xenosnake
Feign
frappn
rawrrr
SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D
MightyPeanut
Fate
NeedMorePylons
Lyrenth
Replekia
Desu
NovaZero
Hyoka
Koao
azz33
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Also, before you say that Ivis makes Jikuns obsolete, keep this in mind: Ivis stays in place when she attacks with Sacrifice. Jikun's legs make them go all over the map. Jikun will be annoyingly hard to hit while Ivis is a sitting duck while she's junking someone. Capitalize on that.
Back to top Go down
Lyrenth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Also, before you say that Ivis makes Jikuns obsolete, keep this in mind: Ivis stays in place when she attacks with Sacrifice. Jikun's legs make them go all over the map. Jikun will be annoyingly hard to hit while Ivis is a sitting duck while she's junking someone. Capitalize on that.

I said STR jikuns... you can tune a jikun to do fair damage, but it will almost never be as powerful as an Ivis strike. Furthermore, Ivis has a nasty habit of stunlocking a jikun out of his kickspam if the jikun doesn't have enough TGH. Alternatively you can tune for other things like HP and TGH [more annoyance] although eventually they'll figure out you're not really doing any damage and leave you to the crimroses. Unless you're in dos. Which the entire team will follow that jikun and your team can happily take the power spot and you will have happily fufilled your role Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Lyrenth wrote:
Let me get this straight.
You're artillery.
You're weak to land. Nerf land.
Air is ok and balanced, I only hit 120s with blast zookas.

*It's not overpowered if it's just a severe version of triangle being incredibly strong vs light artillery and incredibly weak against all air types [You can 2-strafe combo a 400HP Ivis with a tuned seraph in under 30 seconds, SDCs from gwyains do nearly 100 damage a hit on her and won't ever miss if they're mid-combo!]. However, it does make STR-jikuns worthless, I do admit. Garms and MBynes still have their role as physical damage soaks.

I have no problem with the "damage triangle" as you call it, but for one bot to be so amazingly geared against one type that is stands absolutely no chance is a game breaker. Up until now my ART team has never had a problem dealing with any LAND type. Every Land had something that could be done to counter it. Sometimes you can use this counter and win, sometimes you'd lose. In this way the game comes down to skill even though it is rock-paper-scissors style. However Ivis fighting any ART will win 100% of the time, no questions asked. Ivis will also beat any other LAND type with no problem. However, being able to take out a single Ivis in 30 seconds with a fully tuned seraph does not impress me when Ivis takes a fully tuned level 10 LAND or ART in under 5 seconds. Ivis is not incredibly weak to AIR, she is as weak as any other Land type. She does not take any extra damage from beam weapons like you seem to imagine she does. She still has the standard 1.4x multiplier, and has a very large starting HP for a S robot, and a low BP. Only difference is she doesn't teleport when attacking. She can easily equip many sorts of bazookas to deal with AIR types efficiently as well.

In closing she is overpowered against LAND and ART, and only somewhat more weak to AIR. all ART and LAND players realize this. Just a few days ago this game had balance with roughly 1/3 of all players playing each main type. Now the split is roughly 45% Ivis, 40% Air, 10% ART, 5% SUP, which ruins the game's balance.

TL:DR I signed up to beta test Cosmic Break, a game based on a variety robots. I am getting tired of playing "Ivis and friends online". It's obvious she is just too powerful as a bot, otherwise not so many people would play her, and she needs some sort of nerf. I personally suggest taking away the rapier upgrade during CV, which would put her more in the grounds of all the other Land types. Her anti-stun is already very useful.

EDIT: TGH is overrated. I've tried maxing it out on a robot to see what difference it actually makes for being stunned and damage reduction. It's rather minimal...

Last edited by Replekia on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 pm

ivis will be fixed after the wipe as like the most of "Special edition mascot" in any MMO.(they like to overpower them and fix that soon)

also is the same about ivis spam,. is a super character who everyone loves (not now, i see people hating her ).

some people saved tune ups specially for her since the news of ivis showed- means that most of the ivis are tuned up to max. and there were ivises in level 10 like in 3 hours after the patch (not rly just saying a random time).

Ivis is not strong, ivis is normal and everyone is weak!

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Fate wrote:
ivis will be fixed after the wipe as like the most of "Special edition mascot" in any MMO.(they like to overpower them and fix that soon)

also is the same about ivis spam,. is a super character who everyone loves (not now, i see people hating her ).

some people saved tune ups specially for her since the news of ivis showed- means that most of the ivis are tuned up to max. and there were ivises in level 10 like in 3 hours after the patch (not rly just saying a random time).

Ivis is not strong, ivis is normal and everyone is weak!

Sleep

At the rate they actually fix problems in the game I don't expect to see an Ivis nerf any time soon. I mean they still haven't fix the oh-so-annoying "any yes/no prompt freezes controller users" glitch. I've had to alt+f4 out of CB at least a dozen times because of that one.

Edit: she isn't that popular just because she's cool and a story-line character. If that really were the case we would of had a majority of people playing crimrose earlier on.
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 pm

The current main problem is the amount of Ivis. It wouldn't be as bad if every team had only 1 or 2 Ivis but as it is right now, everytime I see an Air unit that my Artillery can hunt down. It is accompanied by at least 2 Ivis that rip the Art apart.

Supposed tactics-

"Dodging the Ivis and Bit activation" - Bit activation saves you once. Then the next Ivis destroys you. Dodging 1 or 2 Ivis might be possible. Try dodging 4
"Run away" - Running is futile because when you turn to flee, another Ivis blocks your path. EDIT: And as Replekia says later, she is faster than you.
"Stop complaining, Ivis is weak to air" - Indeed, your team's Air will destroy the enemy Ivis. massacringAnd while they are busy taking care of 1 or 2. The other 4 or 5 Ivis still run around slaughtering your team's art.

Last edited by MightyPeanut on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:39 pm

Replekia wrote:
NeedMorePylons wrote:
Sounds more like...get better team mates

Can't pick teammates for 30v30 arena.

You play shuffles. Your opinion is invalid.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 pm

SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D wrote:
Replekia wrote:
NeedMorePylons wrote:
Sounds more like...get better team mates

Can't pick teammates for 30v30 arena.

You play shuffles. Your opinion is invalid.

Did you really just make an account for that? Really? I only join whichever arena is in progress. In this manner I can earn up to 3x as much exp and UC in the same amount of time. You can't bring a team along for that. And even if you bring teammates along, you still have twenty-some odd idiots to mess you up.

MightyPeanut wrote:
Running is futile because when you turn to flee, another Ivis blocks your path.

Running is also futile because Ivis is faster than you.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 pm

I do agree with you there, though. Too many Ivis's.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:44 pm

You guys are all idiots.

First of all Lyrenth you're just letting Repleka troll you, you already know he's from *chan, why are you still trying to "win an arguement" you'll just only make him laugh more.

Secondly Repleka, there ARE ways to kill a Ivis using another lnd mech or art mech, you just need to know how, I can take on three artilleries with my tiny little air unit.

And finally, fate, that triangle just shows what mechs do more damage to other mechs via a Multiplier, Beam weapons get 1.4* damage to lnd, Melee gets 1.4* damage to arts, and explosives get a 2.4 multiplier (I don't know why US cb hasnt implemented the nerf yet). There are ways to break the traingle, via support mechs or knowing how to dodge and effectively attacking the enemy and not getting as much damage in return. Ivis basically speeds up the damaging process by making her stay still when she attacks and makes up for that by having such a high force, you can easily kill her if you know how since she'll be staying in one spot when she spams her rapier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 pm

The question isn't "Is there a way to kill Ivis" because there obviously are ways to kill her.
The question is more like"Is there a way to kill 4 or 5 Ivis attacking at the same time"
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Desu wrote:
You guys are all idiots.

First of all Lyrenth you're just letting Repleka troll you, you already know he's from *chan, why are you still trying to "win an arguement" you'll just only make him laugh more.

Secondly Repleka, there ARE ways to kill a Ivis using another lnd mech or art mech, you just need to know how, I can take on three artilleries with my tiny little air unit.

And finally, fate, that triangle just shows what mechs do more damage to other mechs via a Multiplier, Beam weapons get 1.4* damage to lnd, Melee gets 1.4* damage to arts, and explosives get a 2.4 multiplier (I don't know why US cb hasnt implemented the nerf yet). There are ways to break the traingle, via support mechs or knowing how to dodge and effectively attacking the enemy and not getting as much damage in return. Ivis basically speeds up the damaging process by making her stay still when she attacks and makes up for that by having such a high force, you can easily kill her if you know how since she'll be staying in one spot when she spams her rapier.

Point is invalid. If you are in that ridiculous rapier attack range when she is attacking there is nothing you can do. That is the basis of the whole argument. My whole argument is that Ivis is overpowered against ART types and does not provide a possibility to break the triangle. So when you say " There are ways to break the traingle, via support mechs or knowing how to dodge and effectively attacking the enemy and not getting as much damage in return." You express that you really don't understand my argument. You've told me to either switch class or do the impossible and dodge a humongous attack from a robot that is much faster than mine and whose combo will kill me instantly.

MightyPeanut wrote:
The question isn't "Is there a way to kill Ivis" because there obviously are ways to kill her.
The question is more like"Is there a way to kill 4 or 5 Ivis attacking at the same time"

This also doesn't help my problem with Ivis.
Back to top Go down
Lyrenth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 pm

MightyPeanut wrote:

1 Winberrl

1 Bind

1 Gwyain

1 Stardust Cannon

Infinite Destruction.

Note: If the ivises spam attack the winberrl, if you EQ'd the winberrl properly, you can tank an infinite number of hits for abouuut 30 seconds thanks to a worthless stat called TGH.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Lyrenth wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:

1 Winberrl

1 Bind

1 Gwyain

1 Stardust Cannon

Infinite Destruction.

Note: If the ivises spam attack the winberrl, if you EQ'd the winberrl properly, you can tank an infinite number of hits for abouuut 30 seconds thanks to a worthless stat called TGH.

Now here's the challenge. Provide an answer that involves an ART type. Assume 1v1 with the Ivis.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 am

Must you be stubborn with Arties?

Though I'm not sure if it'll work, grenades and spike bits.
Back to top Go down
Lyrenth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:03 am

Replekia wrote:

Now here's the challenge. Provide an answer that involves an ART type. Assume 1v1 with the Ivis.

1. Stop failing at the game.
2. Kite it like a manly man with a rage machine gun.

1v1, I killed one at the start of the game with 4 Rage Machine Guns on my Snail Sturbanger with no upgrades, took no damage.

What does this mean --> If you want to go against the weapons triangle, you're going to have to make it up with skill, luck, and your opponent being a shuffle player.
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 am

Which would mean that Artillery, which should be hunting down air and other artillery, now have to focus their builds on battling land. In that case, why play artillery anymore?

Last edited by MightyPeanut on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rawrrr
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 am

Replekia wrote:
Lyrenth wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:

1 Winberrl

1 Bind

1 Gwyain

1 Stardust Cannon

Infinite Destruction.

You are an ART, you are destine to get slaughtered by land regardless of your feelings about it. There is nothing that you can really do about it. It is your own fault for limiting yourself in your choice of robots instead of exploring the variety that is available to you. If you haven't figure about what choice of weapon might benefit you against LND robots, than it is hopeless trying to tell you now.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:08 am

Actually, even a plain sword is enough to make an artie cry. Artillery types have no chance against swords since the beginning of this game. Ivis just rapes them faster.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 am

NovaZero wrote:

No good. Her rapier's range is far longer than that of spike bits, and they'd be destroyed by the first hit or two. Also spike bits cannot be equipped by ART.

Yes I must be stubborn with my ART. I'm no good with LAND and I hate the playing style of AIR. If I can't play my ART the game just isn't much fun for me.

But since the AIR and IVIS users do not seem to understand why I find Ivis ridiculous. I prepared simple graphics

Pre-Ivis

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 20039610
Every type has weakness but can still lose to their prey from time to time

With Ivis

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 20503096
Game's balance is outta whack now.

NovaZero wrote:
Actually, even a plain sword is enough to make an artie cry. Artillery types have no chance against swords since the beginning of this game. Ivis just rapes them faster.

Swords are very easily dodged. Ivis' rapier is not. Hence problem. I've always bested Land types on my ART, I've made this clear many times. But there is no method on an ART to deal with Ivis, which is why she is overpowered. Any other robot regardless of type aside from Ivis can be easily slain by any other type with the right methods. Ivis is the only exception to this.

Last edited by Replekia on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 am

rawrrr wrote:
Replekia wrote:
Lyrenth wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:

1 Winberrl

1 Bind

1 Gwyain

1 Stardust Cannon

Infinite Destruction.

You are an ART, you are destine to get slaughtered by land regardless of your feelings about it. There is nothing that you can really do about it. It is your own fault for limiting yourself in your choice of robots instead of exploring the variety that is available to you. If you haven't figure about what choice of weapon might benefit you against LND robots, than it is hopeless trying to tell you now.

The point is that ART has become obselete. It doesn't matter if you have 3 Art in your commando or 1. That Art has now become obselete.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 am

Replekia wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

No good. Her rapier's range is far longer than that of spike bits, and they'd be destroyed by the first hit or two. Also spike bits cannot be equipped by ART.

Yes I must be stubborn with my ART. I'm no good with LAND and I hate the playing style of AIR. If I can't play my ART the game just isn't much fun for me.

But since the AIR and IVIS users do not seem to understand why I find Ivis ridiculous. I prepared simple graphics

Pre-Ivis

With Ivis

1) The rapier isn't even that long. It's only long when Crimson Veil is on.
2) Land types always raped Artillery types. Only way for an artie to take down Ivis is if Ivis was busy junking someone else while the artie takes potshots at her. Just need coordination. This is a team game, after all, not a race to the Top 10.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am

NovaZero wrote:
Replekia wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

Pre-Ivis

With Ivis

1) The rapier isn't even that long. It's only long when Crimson Veil is on.
2) Land types always raped Artillery types. Only way for an artie to take down Ivis is if Ivis was busy junking someone else while the artie takes potshots at her.

Rapier is very very long. Maybe not in terms for an AIR type, since you are out of reach, But it is long enough that once you get hit, it is physically impossible to escape getting hit by the second combo even with 40 FLY or WLK playing an ART. Lands could almost always be handled by art flying backwards while bazooka-ing the LAND type, sure you'd get hit when you land, but it would be for a little over 100 dmg, not an instant kill like with Ivis.

Last edited by Replekia on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am

"Land types always raped artillery types"
While this is true, there wasn't always 50billion land types in a match as there is now.
(Woo, exaggeration!)
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

MightyPeanut wrote:
"Land types always raped artillery types"
While this is true, there wasn't always 50billion land types in a match as there is now.
(Woo, exaggeration!)

I disagree with the term "rape" Land has had an advantage, but there was still at least a fight to be had. Now it's turned to a one-sided massacre with no hope for the ART to win at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best strategy for ivis?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next