Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Whats the best strategy for ivis?

Go down 
+23
Midona
Foxie
Jello
sibladeko
Doppelori
NEXT
Tigge
knyx
Xenosnake
Feign
frappn
rawrrr
SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D
MightyPeanut
Fate
NeedMorePylons
Lyrenth
Replekia
Desu
NovaZero
Hyoka
Koao
azz33
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:10 am

@Hyoka wrote:
The biggest cries about "Oh noes overpowered ivis" is, well, obviously from the arena.

And in the Arena people like to use ART bots a ton. That was the trend until Seraph Crim, where people worked on evolving crimrose to use in arena instead.

Afterwards, Ivis. Yeah, IVIS.

But it doesn't mean Ivis can't be killed because she is not susceptible to stunning. Well, aside from the obvious pointers at setting them on fire, or getting them lured into some form of trap (Fire Pillars, Hurricane Blows, Greinaut's gravity fields, Winberrl [and any variant thereof] binds, Net Slings, Gravity guns, so on and so forth), it's already possible to kill them with pure firepower.

At about midnight (just last night!) I got bored and re-used my Saggitary Maxis II GOLD body to make one more railgun bot, just for the heck of it.

Here's his build!

Boiledeck AM
Cross Raptor HD
Thoarla LG
2x Destructor BS

And his railgun already kills (or seriously damages) any melee bot I come across, while keeping balanced (save str, which is a measly 3) stats to move around and attack with.

The thing is, there are so many ways to solve a problem, and most solutions are viable for use in many other situations as well (my railgun for example), that it just feels awkward hearing people unwilling to find even one solution that works for them and cry about it instead. I don't think it's so hard to get any of the parts I just listed on my bot, save Boiledeck AM (which I won't mind gifting to people), and on full release she's going to be a lot less prominent than now, because she'll be rare.

But I guess you shouldn't listen to my ranting, I'm not one for PvP. (Or maybe this makes a statement?)

this is too pricy.

get pacifar with psycho formula hd2
4 pacifar AM
4 beam guns
result? ivis=dead ouka=dead
but, you need to have someone to distract them or else you're killing yourself.
also, this cheap trick works the best at PS. you see any lnd bots, spam the beams like pee and see target's hp draining so fast.
another disadvantage is: if you're crowded, some big ass friendly robot is in the way, the beams will be like, wasted. so yeah. Very Happy

also, for ivis. Jham 40 str 30 wlk dandelian works too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am

My Maxis bypasses all the disadvantages of your psycho formula build. You can take on whatever comes straight at you, and kill it.

And problem with JHammer build = limited ammo. You know you have an entire army to take out and you require probably a max of two shots for any one bot.

Good thing? All of them actually work versus them melee.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:01 am

uh. pacifar=air. sagitary=art. that's another bad thing =.=
but i agree that all this works well xD
and psycho formula hd2 wasn't that usefull. only used to chase low hp escaping bots since you don't have to to aim to shot :p
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 am

Or just for polygon edit/sticking onto random bots

Since psyguns were really never that useful.

I heard a rumor about them getting buffed, but since they have so awesome tracking I don't think it'll happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best strategy for ivis?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com