Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the best strategy for ivis?

Go down 
+23
Midona
Foxie
Jello
sibladeko
Doppelori
NEXT
Tigge
knyx
Xenosnake
Feign
frappn
rawrrr
SHUFFLESONRY30V30FINAL_D
MightyPeanut
Fate
NeedMorePylons
Lyrenth
Replekia
Desu
NovaZero
Hyoka
Koao
azz33
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Whats the best strategy for ivis? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Ivis is a LAND S robot.

That means she is a melee small robot.

Her main (and only good attack) is her special ability. But she is an small robot, she has low def, how can i use her swords without be destroyed by the enemy in the process?.

Enemies normally attack in groups and don't go 1-1 (unless is an air).

I don't think ivis needs to have any weapon equiped apart of her sword, it seems to be the best attack she can get.
Back to top Go down
Koao
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Koao

Male Posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I really wanna try her our but still can't gatch it >.>
my friend says that she's really op is that true??
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

She is not overpowered, she is...original.

When she attacks it becomes a quite hard robot to aim and her special ability increases the range of her sword, giving her the chance of attack many robots at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Koao
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Koao

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 pm

ahh what about the stats can you gimme some details about that??
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:55 am

As you've said yourself, Ivis has low defense. A simple method to play her is to slap on a viper shield and head right for the enemy.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:06 am

I was thinking she was similar to Misty Hollow, only geared more on offensive melee than being a fast Rifle spammer.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:09 am

Ivis glitch: Touch meta cactus' when you use Sacrifice for your full hp to have Sacrifice last the whole game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Ivis is definitely overpowered. Here are just a few reasons why:

1)Has a built-in anti-stun and very high WLK. This translates to any land-based ART being useless against her.

2)Her built in rapier has massive combo speed, a ridiculous reach, a starting force of 32 (which I believe can be increased with level up cards), and has slots for tuning up speed. When the attack speed of the weapon is maxed out it is physically impossible to escape Ivis' combos, even with 40 WLK or FLY(tried this with a friend to verify), and even between combos unless the Ivis user messes up.

3) She has plenty of slots and a decent amount of usable capacity. So maxing rapier speed and adding STR can cause Ivis to be able to deal 300+ damage combos easily to ART types and 250+ damage combos easily to LAND and AIR, all whilst she is unstoppable due to her stun immunity. Any decent LAND user will also have no problem starting a second combo immediately to kill the target robot without any resistance at all. Count in her ridiculous reach with that rapier and a single Ivis can take out 3-5 closely bunched robots without taking a single hit. I've seen this happen many times.

As a pure ART user, I absolutely hate Ivis. I feel it's stupid that this one robot comes at level 1 more powerful than normal LAND types are maxed out at level 10. She is completely immune to any form of anti-land tactic ART could use due to her stun immunity. Her stun immunity even makes her immune to the effect of boiledeck's deck shot. It also seems to me she takes decreased damage when crimson veil is in effect. I felt before Ivis CB had a good balance, however I really do feel that Ivis breaks that balance. I'm sure some people here may disagree with me on this, but it's fairly obvious I'm right when you take a quick look at how many people have taken to using Ivis as their main robot.

EDIT: just did a quick count 32/74 (that's 43%!) of the people in WIZ area right now are using Ivis as their main. Consider how hard she is to get from her Garapon, and that's definite proof that people realize she is overpowered.

Last edited by Replekia on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Replekia wrote:
As a pure ART user, I absolutely hate Ivis. I feel it's stupid that this one robot comes at level 1 more powerful than normal LAND types are maxed out at level 10. She is completely immune to any form of anti-land tactic ART could use. I felt before Ivis CB had a good balance, however I really do feel that Ivis breaks that balance. I'm sure some people here may disagree with me on this, but it's fairly obvious I'm right when you take a quick look at how many people have taken to using Ivis as their main robot.

EDIT: just did a quick count 32/74 of the people in WIZ area right now are using Ivis as their main. Consider how hard she is to get from her Garapon, and that's definite proff that people realize she is overpowered.
If it will help you feel better, when this game goes commercial, Ivis will cost real money, will still be Garapon and might be limited edition(as in, she'll be up for maybe a week or two then taken down).
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Replekia wrote:
As a pure ART user, I absolutely hate Ivis. I feel it's stupid that this one robot comes at level 1 more powerful than normal LAND types are maxed out at level 10. She is completely immune to any form of anti-land tactic ART could use. I felt before Ivis CB had a good balance, however I really do feel that Ivis breaks that balance. I'm sure some people here may disagree with me on this, but it's fairly obvious I'm right when you take a quick look at how many people have taken to using Ivis as their main robot.

EDIT: just did a quick count 32/74 of the people in WIZ area right now are using Ivis as their main. Consider how hard she is to get from her Garapon, and that's definite proff that people realize she is overpowered.
If it will help you feel better, when this game goes commercial, Ivis will cost real money, will still be Garapon and might be limited edition(as in, she'll be up for maybe a week or two then taken down).

I know she'll be cash, which is even worse in my opinion. Before her any robot stood at least a fighting chance against any other robot if played right. She's just way too overpowered, so when she is a cash robot the game will pretty much become "I'm one of the lucky few with an Ivis so only I can place top 10"
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Replekia wrote:
I know she'll be cash, which is even worse in my opinion. Before her any robot stood at least a fighting chance against any other robot if played right. She's just way too overpowered, so when she is a cash robot the game will pretty much become "I'm one of the lucky few with an Ivis so only I can place top 10"
True. But then she isn't without weakness. You were just unfortunate enough to be an artie lover.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:14 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Replekia wrote:
True. But then she isn't without weakness. You were just unfortunate enough to be an artie lover.

No she's pretty much without weakness. Her only weak spot would be getting bound by a winny, which hardly ever happens even as it is with winny being free. And let's not forget her enormous rapier reach will kill that winny, even if she is bound.

What my point is, it that the game will become a "free-to-play, pay-to-win" style game where it doesn't matter if you are skilled, so long as you have a certain bot/weapons from the cash shop. These games are never much fun to play IMO. I like a game where being skilled nets me a good rank, not having paid $70 bucks more than the kids I'm fighting who honestly can't afford to waste that much on garapon.

Whats the best strategy for ivis? Img.php?filename=tc_6770_1_1278645358

Ivis ruins the game's diversity too. She makes all other LAND and all ART useless. That's over half the bots for crying out loud. This is cosmic break, a world build around robots, not Ivis story, a game built around Ivis and her friends.

Last edited by Replekia on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koao
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Koao

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:19 pm

actually i think i got a way to only beat ivis that is to play as a air and just do hit and runs but still if you get hit with ivis melee with sacrifice then your screwed
don't get me wrong that im say ivis is ok i think she is still way to overpowered such as being able to spam like hell and be able to stop what ever your doing for a short while and also he hit attk power and kinda long range
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Replekia wrote:
No she's pretty much without weakness. Her only weak spot would be getting bound by a winny, which hardly ever happens even as it is with winny being free. And let's not forget her enormous rapier reach will kill that winny, even if she is bound.
That's not what experience tells me. She only gets insane range when Crimson Veil. Also, a Crimson Veil'd Ivis will for the most part be foolhardy. Coordination with the team will be needed.

Also, air types, etc.

Quote :
What my point is, it that the game will become a "free-to-play, pay-to-win" style game where it doesn't matter if you are skilled, so long as you have a certain bot/weapons from the cash shop. These games are never much fun to play IMO. I like a game where being skilled nets me a good rank, not having paid $70 bucks more than the kids I'm fighting who honestly can't afford to waste that much on garapon.
That's really only the case with Ivis. Cash robos go down faster, and I've seen people in CB JP win with UC robos even though the other side spammed Lily Rains.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Paying is for noobs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:27 pm

NovaZero wrote:
That's really only the case with Ivis.

Now you're understanding the root cause of my ranting.

Desu wrote:
Paying is for noobs.

I just upped your pitiful fame for this.
Back to top Go down
Lyrenth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Replekia wrote:

1)Has a built-in anti-stun and very high WLK. This translates to any land-based ART being useless against her.

2)Her built in rapier has massive combo speed, a ridiculous reach, a starting force of 32 (which I believe can be increased with level up cards), and has slots for tuning up speed. When the attack speed of the weapon is maxed out it is physically impossible to escape Ivis' combos, even with 40 WLK or FLY, unless the Ivis user messes up.

3) She has plenty of slots and a decent amount of usable capacity. So maxing rapier speed and adding STR can cause Ivis to be able to deal 300+ damage combos easily to ART types and 250+ damage combos easily to LAND and AIR, all whilst she is unstoppable due to her stun immunity.

EDIT: just did a quick count 32/74 (that's 43%!) of the people in WIZ area right now are using Ivis as their main. Consider how hard she is to get from her Garapon, and that's definite proof that people realize she is overpowered.

1) You're dumb.
Use the superior artillery - Winberrl. Yes, Ivis has stun resistance, no she can't be hit by drawguns, yes she still gets affected by bind, and her low TGH and general lack of HP [Well, 400] makes her an easy target once you land a bind. Furthermore the bind will interrupt her CV comboing ability. Furthermore, why are you trying to go after this LND with an ART? Didn't they teach you to run from LNDs? Use a seraph or gwyain if you see a lnd-stacked team. Otherwise, hope your winberrls aren't sleeping.

2) You're dumb.
Bit Activate to escape, why are you trying to fight an ivis with a ground mech, I have no idea, seraphs, gwyains, things that fly over 6 meters over the ground are immune to ivis's wrath... unless she wants to chase them down and potentially lose all her HP doing so.
*She only does about 300 damage on a combo hit when you're an artillery with no TGH. Otherwise she does something like 140~250 depending on Ivis's STR, you having melee guard or not, and your TGH... the penalties stack pretty quickly.

3) You're dumb.
Ivis has a positive slot/cost differential. Unless you're stocking up on a hell of a lot of Greats, you'll never run out of cost, only slots. Her remaining cost is pretty high but it is offset by the fact that due to her limited number of slots and non-interchangeable parts it's going to be difficult to equip her properly without a lot of slot protectors/harmonics [See: Not happening once the game's released] She is able to be equipped in a similar fashion as seraphs or other medium-class mechs of her size, but overall it's not that flexible since she loses so much if you try to turn her into a flymech.

Conclusion:
Ivis is a great HP trader. She trades your HP for hers, really, really quickly. Especially due to the space she makes, and the fact her combo is so friggin long, air units armed with proper equipment [see: most beam weaponry that isn't an ABR] can kill her in a few seconds. She would be better if there were more healers, but that would probably simply be countered by people having more air units to snipe you while you're trying to heal, assuming the other team has a few people who are competent.

If you want an example of loads of ivises losing to air, WIZ [80% air] beat DOS [80% ivises] 18/20 times despite some pretty well played ivises scoring the top two places every time [I was playing an ivis on DOS's team]

Against a WIZ-ivis stacked team, joined halfway through the game while my team was losing ~18000 BP/48000BP, gained first place on my crimrose seraph with 6000 points by killing every single 3*/crown ivis on the other team in 3 minutes. [I later proceeded to get 4800~8500 points per game until HG left]

So despite her great damage potential, she's not really that great at surviving, so she doesn't affect a match as much as a good crimrose seraph, gwyain, short jump spammer, or saggy in a long range fight.

And about people overusing her... she's just really easy [and funny] to play. Get near target, spam right click, run away when your HP drops or fight to the end. Currently it is much easier to consistently place/win games with air especially now that people are overusing ivises.

One good thing about ivises is that she doesn't care much for lag. Unlike bullets which seem to be counted hit or miss on the target, melee registers are based on your own pc's hit, so it is easier to hit people who are lagging excessively [see: zombie when he ignores drawgun effects because he's already in SJ by the time the bullet damage registers, indonesians, brazillians, the guy teleporting around with a crimrose] -- I'd say that it became much easier for both sides to come up with an effective answer to lag-based mechanics.

Last edited by Lyrenth on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Keep in mind that it is easy for Ivis' to get too carried away with hacking through enemies, and Crimson Veil will make them charge in. Capitalize on that.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Lyrenth wrote:
Replekia wrote:

2)Her built in rapier has massive combo speed, a ridiculous reach, a starting force of 32 (which I believe can be increased with level up cards), and has slots for tuning up speed. When the attack speed of the weapon is maxed out it is physically impossible to escape Ivis' combos, even with 40 WLK or FLY, unless the Ivis user messes up.

3) She has plenty of slots and a decent amount of usable capacity. So maxing rapier speed and adding STR can cause Ivis to be able to deal 300+ damage combos easily to ART types and 250+ damage combos easily to LAND and AIR, all whilst she is unstoppable due to her stun immunity.

1) You're dumb.
Use the superior artillery - Winberrl. Yes, Ivis has stun resistance, no she can't be hit by drawguns, yes she still gets affected by bind, and her low TGH and general lack of HP [Well, 400] makes her an easy target once you land a bind. Furthermore the bind will interrupt her CV comboing ability. Furthermore, why are you trying to go after this LND with an ART? Didn't they teach you to run from LNDs? Use a seraph or gwyain if you see a lnd-stacked team. Otherwise, hope your winberrls aren't sleeping.

2) You're dumb.
Bit Activate to escape, why are you trying to fight an ivis with a ground mech, I have no idea, seraphs, gwyains, things that fly over 6 meters over the ground are immune to ivis's wrath... unless she wants to chase them down and potentially lose all her HP doing so.
*She only does about 300 damage on a combo hit when you're an artillery with no TGH. Otherwise she does something like 140~250 depending on Ivis's STR, you having melee guard or not, and your TGH... the penalties stack pretty quickly.

3) You're dumb.
Ivis has a positive slot/cost differential. Unless you're stocking up on a hell of a lot of Greats, you'll never run out of cost, only slots. Her remaining cost is pretty high but it is offset by the fact that due to her limited number of slots and non-interchangeable parts it's going to be difficult to equip her properly without a lot of slot protectors/harmonics [See: Not happening once the game's released] She is able to be equipped in a similar fashion as seraphs or , but overall it's not that flexible since she loses so much if you try to turn her into a flymech.

Conclusion:
Ivis is a great HP trader. She trades your HP for hers, really, really quickly. Especially due to the space she makes, and the fact her combo is so friggin long, air units armed with proper equipment [see: most beam weaponry that isn't an ABR] can kill her in a few seconds. She would be better if there were more healers, but that would probably simply be countered by people having more air units to snipe you while you're trying to heal, assuming the other team has a few people who are competent.

If you want an example of loads of ivises losing to air, WIZ [80% air] beat DOS [80% ivises] 18/20 times despite some pretty well played ivises scoring the top two places every time [I was playing an ivis on DOS's team]

Against a WIZ-ivis stacked team, joined halfway through the game while my team was losing ~18000 BP/48000BP, gained first place on my crimrose seraph with 6000 points by killing every single 3*/crown ivis on the other team in 3 minutes. [I later proceeded to get 4800~8500 points per game until HG left]

So despite her great damage potential, she's not really that great at surviving, so she doesn't affect a match as much as a good crimrose seraph, gwyain, short jump spammer, or saggy in a long range fight.

And about people overusing her... she's just really easy [and funny] to play. Get near target, spam right click, run away when your HP drops or fight to the end. Currently it is much easier to consistently place/win games with air especially now that people are overusing ivises.

One good thing about ivises is that she doesn't care much for lag. Unlike bullets which seem to be counted hit or miss on the target, melee registers are based on your own pc's hit, so it is easier to hit people who are lagging excessively [see: zombie when he ignores drawgun effects because he's already in SJ by the time the bullet damage registers, indonesians, brazillians, the guy teleporting around with a crimrose] -- I'd say that it became much easier for both sides to come up with an effective answer to lag-based mechanics.

Okay smarty pants. Congrats and refuting and supporting my points at the same time

1)
I say: "Her powers and abilities make ART and other LAND obsolete"
You say "Dur-hur, use support and Air", and through this you support my point. Furthermore, very few people actually play Winberyl.

2)
I say "overpowered Land weapon" in order to support my first point.
You say "Dur-hur, use support and Air", and through this you support my point.

3)
I say "she's got a bunch of slots and capacity to fool around with"
You say "You're right, but she'll run out of built in slots." Equipping any gacha weapon is another 3 slots. Moreover you never actually refuted my point.

To sum up, my argument is that Ivis is stupid because her overpowered nature makes more than half the games robots (all other LAND and all ART) fairly obsolete and ruins the game's balance. The game is no longer AIR>LAND>ART>AIR it is now AIR>IVIS>EVERYTHING ELSE. Please understand an argument before you post ill-informed refutations.

NovaZero wrote:
Keep in mind that it is easy for Ivis' to get too carried away with hacking through enemies, and Crimson Veil will make them charge in. Capitalize on that.

Anyone who has played Ivis for more than a few matches won't make mistakes like that.
Back to top Go down
NeedMorePylons
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Sounds more like...get better team mates
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 pm

NeedMorePylons wrote:

Can't pick teammates for 30v30 arena.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Only thing I can really say now is improvise. Stay in groups, hound the PS.

I'm sorry, but she's here to stay...for 1 more day, anyway. And even then, it's still uncertain whether there will be a 2nd beta or not. Just pray that the 2nd beta won't be giving away Ivis.

Replekia wrote:
NeedMorePylons wrote:

Can't pick teammates for 30v30 arena.
I take it talking is out of the question?
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Only thing I can really say now is improvise. Stay in groups, hound the PS.

I'm sorry, but she's here to stay...for 1 more day, anyway. And even then, it's still uncertain whether there will be a 2nd beta or not. Just pray that the 2nd beta won't be giving away Ivis.

I'm just avoiding arena. It's no longer any fun for me. I refuse to abandon all the robots I worked so hard on and join the mass ART exodus to the Ivis and AIR types.

EDIT: I'm bitter about this whole Ivis thing. Before the patch it was odd for me to not get top 3. I can't even place top 30 anymore due to me being instantly shred to pieces by an Ivis whom I can't outrun.

Personally I feel Ivis would be balanced if crimson veil didn't give the insane rapier boost. I'm all for the stun immunity. But having both effects is overkill. It'd be like if toybox's cruise missile was incendiary and inflicted bullet drain.

Last edited by Replekia on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Replekia wrote:
Personally I feel Ivis would be balanced if crimson veil didn't give the insane rapier boost.
Or limit it to 1 use.
Back to top Go down
Lyrenth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Let me get this straight.
You're artillery.
You're weak to land. Nerf land.
Air is ok and balanced, I only hit 120s with blast zookas.

*It's not overpowered if it's just a severe version of triangle being incredibly strong vs light artillery and incredibly weak against all air types [You can 2-strafe combo a 400HP Ivis with a tuned seraph in under 30 seconds, SDCs from gwyains do nearly 100 damage a hit on her and won't ever miss if they're mid-combo!]. However, it does make STR-jikuns worthless, I do admit. Garms and MBynes still have their role as physical damage soaks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I say: "Her powers and abilities make ART and other LAND obsolete""
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- I didn't say they were obsolete, I'm just saying if you'd look at the awesome triangle of pain, artilleries get raped by all sorts of land. Ivis just seems to do it faster. And die faster. Furthermore, Most LNDs have fair air resistance due to their dodgy nature [see: garms and tele-kuns] Ivis doesn't have it, meaning she's less of a bullet tank and more of a fast-strike damage-dealer than most LNDs [Crimrose Seraph is the equivalent for AIR, Winberrl for artillery/bazooka damage].

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)
I say "overpowered Land weapon" in order to support my first point.
You say "Dur-hur, use support and Air", and through this you support my point.
If you were ever paying attention to the loading screens there's quite an obvious weapons triangle saying that you're fighting at a disadvantage if you work your way the wrong way on the weapons triangle. With equal skill level, it's very difficult to go the other way.

3)
You say "You're right, but she'll run out of built in slots." Equipping any gacha weapon is another 3 slots. Moreover you never actually refuted my point.

She has less slotting power than most other mechs meaning she has to make it up with Great-upgrades meaning she technically has less. Furthermore since her sacrifice has such a huge TGH penalty on strike you lose a lot of the damage unless you upgrade to 40STR against most large artilleries. Furthermore there's only one real customization route because of her stat points are way too skewed in favor of WLK over FLY, and her TGH, TEC is pitiful.

--------------------------------------
Back to the real discussion:
-Sacrifice's power is not increased by her LVUP cartridge - it increases the number of CV activations by 3.

-Tune Sacrifice for force to get the maximum damage initial strike -- Speed isn't all that needed since she takes huge penalties after the 3rd or 4th strike on most mechs

-Hit and run is the name of the game. Deal damage, then use your CV to escape. Avoid winberrls and any decent air player, or you die and lose everything.

Oh... and
EDIT: I'm bitter about this whole Ivis thing. Before the patch it was odd for me to not get top 3. I can't even place top 30 anymore due to me being instantly shred to pieces by an Ivis who I can't outrun.
I'm surprised you can even get in the top 3 with your rigid thinking. Grow some wings or get some friends to shield you. My guildmates are doing fine [See: top 1-2] with heavy artillery with my Ivis/Winberrl as a shield. That or I go fly and take first or second for myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best strategy for ivis?   Whats the best strategy for ivis? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best strategy for ivis?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next