Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum suggestion

Go down 
3 posters

Questions on builds or weapon-mech. combos should be in guides
Agree
Forum suggestion Vote_lcap33%Forum suggestion Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Disagree
Forum suggestion Vote_lcap67%Forum suggestion Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Orangish

Male Posts : 85

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:42 pm

I'd like to know your opinion, so I'm setting up a pole on if you agree or disagree with me.
In helpdesk, there are topics about what the best gear is for what mechs. but I feel as if that is more related to guides and helpdesk should be a bit more about technical issues or if someone needs help on a feature of the game.
My suggestion is to create a subforum or a single stickied topic in guides dedicated to those sorts of questions.
I'm sorry to post this here due to it's lack of relevance to the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:55 pm

I disagree solely on the notion of a guide section only being for guides about the game and questions are not guides. Honestly, I fail to see the correlation between questions and guides. Care to enlighten me as why you think questions should be in the guide section? Also having a section solely for guides keeps the forum organized and adding another subject to it would just make it into a mess and would make finding the guides harder in a sea of question threads. If a section is named a "guides" section, the first thing that comes to mind are guides and not questions.

Maybe a better idea would be asking for a subforum solely dedicated on questions relating to builds, a place to share strategies, and among other things of the sort.

Though I do agree with you on the Helpdesk part as it should be only for technical issues concerning the game.
Back to top Go down
Orangish

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:02 am

Yes, guides are not questions. Albeit, their question requires a guide. If you were to ask "What is the best build for Crimose?" or even perhaps "What is the best weapon for a Boibox Haet?" one would refer you to the according guide which answers your question. Rather than bringing it to helpdesk and then being referred to guides.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:58 am

Orangish wrote:
Yes, guides are not questions. Albeit, their question requires a guide. If you were to ask "What is the best build for Crimose?" or even perhaps "What is the best weapon for a Boibox Haet?" one would refer you to the according guide which answers your question. Rather than bringing it to helpdesk and then being referred to guides.

If that's the case, what's the difference of putting questions in a guides section?

- New person creates a thread in guides asking "what is the best for this, that, etc."
- Gets referred to guide anyway...

All it does is create more clutter in the section with questions in the guide section which is suppose to be for guides, which is why it's named a guide section. It's best to keep things separate and have sub-forums stick to one subject to reduce the clutter.

Also, a guide is only based upon one person's opinion on things and playstyle. The word "best" is taken by people in many different ways. Not everyone will refer to the same guide unless that guide is mutually agreed upon on by the rest of the community as being the "best". If someone asks what's the best, it's much more informative to have everyone, who cares enough to reply, to give their opinion on it.

Ignoring that last paragraph, as it does not touch the point I am trying to make. Actually the point I'm trying to make is that putting questions in a section named guides will just clutter up that section with things that isn't suppose to intended for that section, which are guides. What you want is another sub-forum solely for questions. Because what you're suggesting does nothing but clutter up a section by adding another subject to it. A question section would be more organized and cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Orangish

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

I understand the point you're making to it's fullest and I do agree.
Although, on a solely material basis, if you were to ask a question such as that the answer one would receive will have the same content as a guide. Which is I say that it should be a subforum underneath Guides or a single thread so it doesn't clutter Guides itself.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

If you put in weapon/aromour builds this cb will be just like exteel
and i doubt you can get half the items you have atm in open beta .-.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestion
Page 1 of 1