Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice

Go down 
+22
LordShade
Suguri
knyx
farith
Etherlight
IcyAmiki
Keith Jardine
UncleBobbie
sweetcakes
BNOISE
lwllw
NumeroDoS
Broken
Nilla
LazerRazer
Yokura
rei_hunter
StickyKeys
Turkeysaur
NovaZero
Nisa
Siveria
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Siveria

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm

DrakeHead wrote:
Siveria wrote:

Lol its not always easy to hit with it, enemy bots don't sit still waiting for you, and the dash is very easy to dodge. Also what does Speed do on a weap? Is that refire rate? or how fast the projectile travels?

Speed is how fast the projectile travels and Int is the refire rate wich 1000 is 1 sec.

You think they'd change it so SPeed is Projectile speed, and Init=Refire, so its easier to understand. Thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Suguri wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:
broken bots
StickyKeys wrote:
Ouka, Malice
laughingwhores.jpg

I've wasted enough time on other threads today, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

EVE: 1v1, the only thing I've really found effective is Sway. Thanks to the predictability and slow firing rate of the EVE shots, you can usually sway around or through them every time. Of course, the problem is a smart eve player will still float dash away faster than you can catch up, change up the shot interval, add in psyguns, etc.
Ouka: spacebar
Malice: melee, esp. shielded melee. Without the bit, her DPS sucks. With the bit, her mobility sucks. If a shielded melee bot jumps on her while Deadeye's active, she and her bit are both going to be very dead very fast. She's annoying, the booster trouble can screw you over if there are more threatening bots around, but Malice herself isn't too tough.
Lop: I'm guessing you mean Patty, because Renny's just a more versatile gunner than most. Don't have enough experience fighting Patties to give much of an answer here, esp. since the only time I ever see them is when I'm using Thoarla (stardust away!)
VF: Outrun or outfly him and you win already, regardless of your bot. Most are easy to stun, too.

Uh... we need to kill them. Running away and/or getting in their range is NOT an option. Plus I'm a UC player that's still hunting for Kamui and SDC. I just bought DG and ZSG for the lulz of it.... ZSG because Reiya says so....
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Suguri wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:
broken bots
StickyKeys wrote:
Ouka, Malice
laughingwhores.jpg

I've wasted enough time on other threads today, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

EVE: 1v1, the only thing I've really found effective is Sway. Thanks to the predictability and slow firing rate of the EVE shots, you can usually sway around or through them every time. Of course, the problem is a smart eve player will still float dash away faster than you can catch up, change up the shot interval, add in psyguns, etc.
Ouka: spacebar
Malice: melee, esp. shielded melee. Without the bit, her DPS sucks. With the bit, her mobility sucks. If a shielded melee bot jumps on her while Deadeye's active, she and her bit are both going to be very dead very fast. She's annoying, the booster trouble can screw you over if there are more threatening bots around, but Malice herself isn't too tough.
Lop: I'm guessing you mean Patty, because Renny's just a more versatile gunner than most. Don't have enough experience fighting Patties to give much of an answer here, esp. since the only time I ever see them is when I'm using Thoarla (stardust away!)
VF: Outrun or outfly him and you win already, regardless of your bot. Most are easy to stun, too.

Problem with this is, unless yer a flying bot, the obscene radius of his melee swings will still hit u in mid air. WAY to much aoe range for a melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm

StickyKeys wrote:
getting in their range is NOT an option

Good luck killing anything in this game that has a gun without getting in its range.

Also, none of my answers were implying fleeing. Sway toward the EVE and around the shots. Stay away from the Vanguard's sword and jump away from Oukas where they can't reach you, but keep them within shooting range. And melee really does wreck Malice, I think 70% of my Malice's deaths in JP were from Hatigarm variants.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Quote :
Problem with this is, unless yer a flying bot, the obscene radius of his melee swings will still hit u in mid air. WAY to much aoe range for a melee weapon.
I said "outrun/outfly", not "go straight up and hope he forgets about you", because that definitely doesn't work. I have no problems float dash trolling vanguards with a medi aide or lily rain and killing the persistent, stupid ones that don't know when to retreat.
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Siveria wrote:
farith wrote:
1) get a byne
2) get 2 steel riders and junk them for the zookas
3) put the zookas on the byne
4) join a game and spam zookas, don't do dead-wish melee unless you have to
5) get within top 10

Mighty Byne work?

Byne is a very forgiving bot for newbies, it is also a very powerful bot in the hands of advance players. The newbie setup is with 2 zookas or armor breakers, while the advance setup have a lot to do with melee. As newbie byne, you will be going along with the group giving cover fire and pushing the line for the people behind you.
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Was looking at the upgrades is it worth losing 7% ammo on a weap for +10% speed?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 am

Suguri wrote:
Quote :
I said "outrun/outfly", not "go straight up and hope he forgets about you", because that definitely doesn't work. I have no problems float dash trolling vanguards with a medi aide or lily rain and killing the persistent, stupid ones that don't know when to retreat.

anyone with a leeeeeeroy jenkins mentality against a fencer deserves to be butchered by fencer <_<
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 am

Siveria wrote:
Was looking at the upgrades is it worth losing 7% ammo on a weap for +10% speed?
Really depends quite a bit on the weapon.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:28 am

Suguri wrote:
Siveria wrote:
Really depends quite a bit on the weapon.
If it is something like a Titan zooka. I ma guessing it probably is.
Course, you might want to use force tunes instead...
Back to top Go down
Keith Jardine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Keith Jardine

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:50 am

Nisa wrote:
Keith Jardine wrote:
BNOISE wrote:

naw Nilla ain't doing so well lately from what i seen...

in fact no one really is lately except for the super no lives
like Etherlight for example

as for the op -

I can't give no advice right now.
I think I do well and get like 2k+ for a while.
Then all of a sudden a bunch of other people join and they all apparently use Izunas and Seraphs with zookas.
My score immediately fell down like to the negatives.
Wasnt freaking prepared for this at all.
Personally I just don't see how people can switch between the zooka and the plasma gun so quickly...

the "shifters" you say? that's were I suck the most. I'm no "fast-hand" , like for example AIR bot flying in low level, shooting fat arts with beam rifles then suddenly a vanguard with red hp jumps and chops my HD (denying radar) and can't shift main weapon quickly to retaliate. So BOOM, I'm dead.

Try Errr...Pressing Q.

Q key's broken..[ PC ]
I can use Q if I go play on a net-cafe.

Maybe I could custom this change key near letters from WASD

but technically, i'm noob
Back to top Go down
Keith Jardine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Keith Jardine

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 am

IcyAmiki wrote:
you can hold "Q" button to temporarily switch Main weap. *But, I never used it*
Back to top Go down
sweetcakes

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Siveria wrote:
sweetcakes wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:

How? Quest Mode. Perfect place to train with your Air/Land/Art/Sup Bots.

>quest mode

lolno. You can get familiar with the game in it but it won't prepare your body for arena.

OP I suggest just toughing it out. Since you don't have great mechs ATM, try to learn the terrain first. Get low cost, highly mobile mechs like Helingal and focus on surviving, not killing. It will not be a high-scoring tactic, but it's your only option when you're faced with veterans and their mechs.

Forget ARTs ATM because of their horrible mobility. To any fag who points out hop, we're dealing with a newbie here. Let him learn the basics first before you tell him to hop etc.

Also OP, if you haven't already, I suggest you get Maril March Trill's code if she's still available. I've been playing for 700+ hours now yet I'm still a noob, so just tough it out if you really like this game.

Marril March Trills "Code"? whats this code? Well for aiming I have no issue locking on, its when firing actually landing a hit on a target that I have problems with, Most players on the enemy team seem to have near 100% acc on me for some reason. I found it and still lots of codes left, My google-fu is jedimaster level XD. http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/reviews/cosmic-break.php 3038 codes left at the time of this posting.

Shes not bad other than having to summon her orbs 1 at a time while nothing is locked on.

You can summon up to 6 IIRC, and you can summon them even when you're locked on to something. Just don't move forward when doing it or you won't be able to stop moving forward. Also don't spam right click, it's got a timing to it. Follow her beat.

Also, the most horrible form of advice for this game is to name a player an exact bot to counter another. What if he doesn't have the bot or can't obtain it? What if there aren't any of those bots you want to counter in a specific matchup? Give advice based on what the other person is currently capable of.
Back to top Go down
Nekaru
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:42 am

When I first started playing this game I had the same issue in that I couldn't hit anything. I'd lock on, shoot away, lead the target, etc. The beam looked like it hit them but the little 'hit' didn't show up. This was very frustrating.

Then I learned what my problem was, I was out of range. I had been so afraid of getting 2-3 shotted that I'd keep my distance, but that distance kept me from hurting them as well.

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Nekaru wrote:
When I first started playing this game I had the same issue in that I couldn't hit anything. I'd lock on, shoot away, lead the target, etc. The beam looked like it hit them but the little 'hit' didn't show up. This was very frustrating.

Then I learned what my problem was, I was out of range. I had been so afraid of getting 2-3 shotted that I'd keep my distance, but that distance kept me from hurting them as well.

Another thing,it's possible for your hit to not register due to lag issues,and you should train your evasive skills.

Don't move in a predictable manner,erractic movement screws up the auto leading lockon's :3
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:34 pm

• Dodging and knowing when to retreat should be your priority. Unless you can sweep your opposition off the field with 2HKOs every time, you're gonna take damage and you're gonna get stunned.
  • If you're a gunner, emphasize TEC when choosing parts. Do the opposite(emphasize STR) if you like getting close enough to punch people in the face.
  • Depending on what type of robot you like to use, you'll have to choose parts based on what stats they give. Like Air? Go for TEC and FLY. Want LND? STR and WLK are priority. ART? TEC should be number 1 priority. SUP? You can really go for anything with SUP, it's up to you.
  • Go play in Arcantus and practice. Practice using the terrain to your advantage(getting enough height to avoid attacks by landing on higher plateaus, using hills while running to block enemy fire, knowing where you can recharge boost or take cover if you're attacked, etc.)
  • When in the arena, avoid fighting players ranked too high above you(since you're ranked as a triangle, avoid anything above diamond ranks). Remember that higher ranked players have no mercy on noobs, we just see you as an easy kill.
  • Don't be afraid to retreat. Fighting until you die doesn't give you anything in this game, unless you're about to take down a high cost heavy ART.
  • Check your map often(press and hold TAB). You can get an idea of where you are in relation to the enemy and your allies and make decisions based on this.
  • I wouldn't suggest using melee(except for Jikuns, if you want) until you get a feel for how best to get in range to punch an enemy in the face. Even if you plan on using a lot of melee, I'd put at least one ranged weapon on every one of your bots so you don't get cut down while being unable to return fire.
  • If you're playing LND, avoid flying whenever possible. If you're playing AIR, don't walk around on the ground. If you're playing ART, watch for approaching enemies as your bot is likely not very mobile(a notable exception is Lily Rain/EVE). In short, play your bots to their mobility strengths.
  • Since most of your robots won't be very powerful at this point, stay with a group and DON'T EVER GO OFF ON YOUR OWN. This is a good idea even when you do get used to playing in the arena. If you think about it, the more people there are, the less chance there is that you'll be the one targeted, even in a smaller group.
  • Try a hit-and-run tactic-with your group: fly/walk/lumber slowly as f**k a short distance into enemy territory and let loose on any enemy you see, making absolutely sure by checking your map that you're within two or three seconds walking/flying/lumbering distance of the rest of your group. As soon as enemy reinforcements hit the field, hightail it out of there.
  • At your current level of skill, a heavy ART like Destructor/CN/anything like that isn't going to be very good for you. The biggest reason is a fat ART's lack of mobility(and thus a lesser ability to escape an attack). Survival and dodging attacks should be your priority, not heavy firepower. A fat ART will impede these priorities greatly. If you insist on using an ARTbot, I'd start off with Lily Rain. She's one of the more mobile ARTbots and has a nice pair of core weapons(Psygun/Psyslicer, the slicer is long range only) for you to play around with. You're less likely to get killed while using her than with most other ARTs.
  • Don't play SUP too much until you get a large supply of SUP-only Wonder Bits, like Repair/Burst Fire/Long Range Unit/etc. Like the name suggests, Support is generally not meant to fight head-to-head on the front lines, although it's possible. What they do much more effectively is provide support, such as repairing damaged allies, giving their weapons longer ranges, increasing their rate of fire, etc. The mini SUP-only bits you can find in the shop don't last very long and are generally less effective than their normal counterparts, so avoid using them. You do get access to Winberrl at a certain level, in which case you can take her to Arcantus and play around with her AM-embedded draw-stunners and BD-embedded TLS Binder, which ensnares enemies in range and keeps them there for your allies to feast on.
  • Despite the system's name, the Lock-On system is not the answer to all your problems. First of all, the system isn't completely accurate. It doesn't account for changes in trajectory(like when an enemy is using Short Boost) or fast movement. Because of this, you need to develop some aiming skills in order to hit faster targets. The easiest way to do this is to shoot just ahead of the target. If done properly, your projectile should reach the spot right when the enemy does, resulting in a successful hit. I like to move in the same direction as my target to ensure I can continue doing this. Of course, doing that means your enemy can return fire and hit you just as easily.
  • Moving in the opposite direction of the target makes it more difficult for you to hit the target. "But that's not what I want! I want to hit him!", you say. This is designed more for making it harder for the enemy to hit YOU, although just moving in one direction won't make it too difficult. Moving backwards(also known as fleeing battle) to get out of your enemy's range also helps a lot.
  • Specific to enemy AIRbots, if you see them, be extra wary when engaging them as some(probably most of them) can carry Izuna Kamui LG2/Kamui BS, which have the Tail Wisp subweapon. The biggest thing about Tail Wisps is that they're homing subweapons-simply lock onto a target and fire away. They do the most damage when you're not moving(essentially when they can all home in on one location and hit you, resulting in 30-50+ damage), so if you see the purple wispy things flying at your face, start moving and stay moving. The wisps tend to home in on your location at the moment when they begin homing in, so moving away from that location means less wisps(or maybe none of them) will strike you.
    Of course, this also means that they're pretty useful for you to stick on your own AIRbot too. You can get an Izuna Kamui LG2(the BS part with the wisps comes fused to your LG2) for something like 10-16k UC(you have to buy an Izuna Kamui Nagi and rip her LG2 part off), I don't remember the exact price, but it's in that range. The LG2 also has some pretty decent stats for 140 cost(the important ones are 2 TEC and 4 FLY and some TGH), so it might be worth it to invest in an Izuna Kamui Nagi.
  • When customizing a robot, keep all stats at or above 1 at all times. A 0 stat screws your robot so hard, so fast that it isn't even funny.
  • If you're mixing weapon types(say, hybrid melee and gunner robot), pick one to maximize(either TEC or STR, trying to do both will screw you up) and keep the other as high as possible, but at least at 10. If an attack stat drops below 10, the requisite weapon damage will take a small % penalty that increases as the stat approaches 0. Maximizing an attack stat gives a bonus to all weapon damage that falls under that category(IIRC, every +1 TEC above 10 gives you a 1.6% ranged damage bonus, while every +1 STR above 10 gives you a 2.5% damage bonus.).
  • Use the robot weakness triangle to your advantage. AIR takes 2.3x damage from explosives(blast weapons), LND takes 1.4x damage from all beam weapons, and ART takes 1.4x damage from all melee. If you're fighting an enemy LND, pull out a beamgun(if you have one) and blow it away. It's not possible to take advantage of all three sides of the weapon triangle, but I'd mix up my weapons so I have at least two different damage types. This is important. Lets say you foolishly equipped two Mini Bazookas on your Lily Rain. You have fun blowing stuff up and killing everything you see. Then you see a Lazflamme rushing at you who just happens to be equipped with Blast Guard(which reduces explosive damage by 50%). You won't be able to touch it with your bazookas because it's going to do 5 damage to it and you end up getting a Longsword stuck in your face.
    tl;dr mix your weapon types or a robot who has the requisite guard cart can eat all your damage and not break a sweat.
  • Specific to playing SUPbots, when using a Repair bit, if at all possible heal allies under your team's Power Spot. The Power Spot highly increases the rate of damage repair to all damaged robots under it's area of effect(I don't know the exact increase multiplier, though). Basically, heal under the PS whenever possible and you'll be a much more effective healer and supporter.
  • When under attack, you can activate your Wonder Bit(if it's fully charged) for about a second of invincibility while it activates. If you get lucky(as in the enemy wastes his magazine and has to reload or gets distracted) you can use this invincibility to cheat death and make a quick retreat to a healer.

Enjoy reading that...and good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Raal
Raal

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Nisa wrote:
the game has built in aimhacks already.

Oh and try using air until your familiar with the game,it's too risky to be an inexperienced artillery user with all these melee bots running about

Theres a song made for league of legends known as the "map awareness song"...it's only 30 seconds long or so, but there really ought to be one for this game too. if someone calls for help and theres no radar symbol near them, it usually means a player who can cause hell with a stealth bot...

as for the art hing......best way to learn is by experience.

EDIT: and yes it is possible to take advantage of all three weapon types. some bots have built in bazookas, just give em a beam weapon like a beamrifle/negatron rifle, and a melee, but really those are mostly arts so you SHOULDN'T be getting up close. that's also what alpha strikes are for.
Back to top Go down
LazerRazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazerRazer

Female Posts : 455

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:49 am

Raal wrote:
Nisa wrote:
the game has built in aimhacks already.

Oh and try using air until your familiar with the game,it's too risky to be an inexperienced artillery user with all these melee bots running about

Theres a song made for league of legends known as the "map awareness song"...it's only 30 seconds long or so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamr4rZe_W0

1½min to be exact
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
Spoiler:

firekiller so naisu Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3