Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice

Go down 
+22
LordShade
Suguri
knyx
farith
Etherlight
IcyAmiki
Keith Jardine
UncleBobbie
sweetcakes
BNOISE
lwllw
NumeroDoS
Broken
Nilla
LazerRazer
Yokura
rei_hunter
StickyKeys
Turkeysaur
NovaZero
Nisa
Siveria
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:46 am

Siveria wrote:
Took the air bot advice, still usually end up in the minuses due to no frags and low damage since I seem unable to hit half the time, but my ranking has gotten better from dead last to around the middle sometimes in the 10-17 range so its a start. Tried doing some of the free rt stuff but, most of the time even though I did the thing correctly I never get he reward for it, kinda pisses me off. They need a better confirmation system. Sad thing is my BR is like 0.228 don't think I will ever recover from that. I also tried the flying around Psybeaming with Lily but the beams bascally never hit anyone their homing ability is pretty bad.

>_>

depending only on your psybeams is baaaad

Try using a bazooka for lily,and a bazooka for the air unit.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:52 am

Nisa wrote:

>_>

depending only on your psybeams is baaaad

Try using a bazooka for lily,and a bazooka for the air unit.
God I hate bazooka on air >.<
Too many seraphs flying over me and shooting me down with those minizookas.
Back to top Go down
sweetcakes

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Siveria wrote:
Turkeysaur wrote:
Arena isn't UC friendly unless you join the "I only spam seraphs and/or hoppers" club, which will make you get bored very fast.

How else is there to make money? everything else takes way more time for alot less UC. The game isin't bad at all though, I was having tons of fun in the new hero arena, but that went downhill when i was forced to play with star ranks on the enemy team that I cannot seem to kill.

Also does Tec increase how effective lockon is for auto aiming? if so maybe thats my problem. even my best bot has under 20 tec.

How? Quest Mode. Perfect place to train with your Air/Land/Art/Sup Bots.

>quest mode

lolno. You can get familiar with the game in it but it won't prepare your body for arena.

OP I suggest just toughing it out. Since you don't have great mechs ATM, try to learn the terrain first. Get low cost, highly mobile mechs like Helingal and focus on surviving, not killing. It will not be a high-scoring tactic, but it's your only option when you're faced with veterans and their mechs.

Forget ARTs ATM because of their horrible mobility. To any fag who points out hop, we're dealing with a newbie here. Let him learn the basics first before you tell him to hop etc.

Also OP, if you haven't already, I suggest you get Maril March Trill's code if she's still available. I've been playing for 700+ hours now yet I'm still a noob, so just tough it out if you really like this game.
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 am

sweetcakes wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:
Siveria wrote:

How else is there to make money? everything else takes way more time for alot less UC. The game isin't bad at all though, I was having tons of fun in the new hero arena, but that went downhill when i was forced to play with star ranks on the enemy team that I cannot seem to kill.

Also does Tec increase how effective lockon is for auto aiming? if so maybe thats my problem. even my best bot has under 20 tec.

How? Quest Mode. Perfect place to train with your Air/Land/Art/Sup Bots.

>quest mode

lolno. You can get familiar with the game in it but it won't prepare your body for arena.

OP I suggest just toughing it out. Since you don't have great mechs ATM, try to learn the terrain first. Get low cost, highly mobile mechs like Helingal and focus on surviving, not killing. It will not be a high-scoring tactic, but it's your only option when you're faced with veterans and their mechs.

Forget ARTs ATM because of their horrible mobility. To any fag who points out hop, we're dealing with a newbie here. Let him learn the basics first before you tell him to hop etc.

Also OP, if you haven't already, I suggest you get Maril March Trill's code if she's still available. I've been playing for 700+ hours now yet I'm still a noob, so just tough it out if you really like this game.

Marril March Trills "Code"? whats this code? Well for aiming I have no issue locking on, its when firing actually landing a hit on a target that I have problems with, Most players on the enemy team seem to have near 100% acc on me for some reason. I found it and still lots of codes left, My google-fu is jedimaster level XD. http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/reviews/cosmic-break.php 3038 codes left at the time of this posting.

Shes not bad other than having to summon her orbs 1 at a time while nothing is locked on.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:48 am

I'm also a noob, but I still love the game >:3

Anywho, when I started I just spammed the somewhat unfair and easy-to-use AIR units.

Right now, I NEVER EVER use AIR. I only make an exception for my MJG and Baltheon, but she's a lolicon and he's more of a support anyways. 8D
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 am

Siveria wrote:

Shes not bad other than having to summon her orbs 1 at a time while nothing is locked on.

Time your right-clicks; she can summon up to six at a time.
Back to top Go down
Keith Jardine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Keith Jardine

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 am

BNOISE wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Broken wrote:

Qft.

NILLA SO HORNY Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
naw Nilla ain't doing so well lately from what i seen...

in fact no one really is lately except for the super no lives
like Etherlight for example

as for the op -

I can't give no advice right now.
I think I do well and get like 2k+ for a while.
Then all of a sudden a bunch of other people join and they all apparently use Izunas and Seraphs with zookas.
My score immediately fell down like to the negatives.
Wasnt freaking prepared for this at all.
Personally I just don't see how people can switch between the zooka and the plasma gun so quickly...

the "shifters" you say? that's were I suck the most. I'm no "fast-hand" , like for example AIR bot flying in low level, shooting fat arts with beam rifles then suddenly a vanguard with red hp jumps and chops my HD (denying radar) and can't shift main weapon quickly to retaliate. So BOOM, I'm dead.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:57 am

you can hold "Q" button to temporarily switch Main weap. *But, I never used it*
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:02 am

...lol. requires no life to be good? Sounds like someone's had their ego punctured too much. herp derp.

Besides poking around forums and wikis for information, think about tuning. It is very possible to UC tune effectively, especially since our alpha harmonics are rather cheap (1k UC here vs. 5k UC on jp). Look for the thread on cosmiccalc to help you plan a build, before you actually start breaking parts and spending resources attempting to tune.

Mobility is really important for most unit types, and ART tends to either be about mobility (float dash or hoppers) or high TEC heavy hitters.

The main problem for most starting AIR is that they're sitting at around 20 fly, which is pretty damn slow. If you're slow, you're easy to hit and easy to catch. Adjust parts, do some UC tuning, you want to end up around 30+ fly.

Learn the characteristics of your weapons. In general, you want to shoot parallel to your target's path of motion to guarantee a hit--you also need to be close enough and using a weapon projectile that's fast enough to catch your target if they're moving away from you. Many projectiles won't catch a 40 fly air flying straight away, for example.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 am

How the projectiles explode is important as well. ~_~ Like for example how I killed Etherlight's Frau when he's leg-kicking my Build Arm, I just spam the Blast Bazooka at the ground and let the Impact by the Smoke hit him and he died.

And another thing, is reading the map while in a match. You can learn quite a lot from how people move around and play inside each of the matches. And... keep TAB as one of your favourite key, since keeping watch of the map often can help you avoid unnecessary danger.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:12 am

Keith Jardine wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

as for the op -

Then all of a sudden a bunch of other people join and they all apparently use Izunas and Seraphs with zookas.
Personally I just don't see how people can switch between the zooka and the plasma gun so quickly...

the "shifters" you say? that's were I suck the most. I'm no "fast-hand" , like for example AIR bot flying in low level, shooting fat arts with beam rifles then suddenly a vanguard with red hp jumps and chops my HD (denying radar) and can't shift main weapon quickly to retaliate. So BOOM, I'm dead.

Try Errr...Pressing Q.
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:25 am

1) get a byne
2) get 2 steel riders and junk them for the zookas
3) put the zookas on the byne
4) join a game and spam zookas, don't do dead-wish melee unless you have to
5) get within top 10
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:17 am

farith wrote:
1) get a byne
2) get 2 steel riders and junk them for the zookas
3) put the zookas on the byne
4) join a game and spam zookas, don't do dead-wish melee unless you have to
5) get within top 10

Mighty Byne work? Also how useful is that twister fan? looks like it shoots tornados with a 170 range? RT sub weap but how is it?
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Broken wrote:

Qft.

as for the op -

I level all my new bots in arena
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Nisa wrote:

Try Errr...Pressing Q.
Q just pops up your total weapons in general...

Oh wait they just put in that new shift main weapons function didn't they?

I guess I should check out the options menu and change the buttons.

Cause right now Q is just still normal Q with the whole weapon change.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm

I never managed to use Q properly because Q -> my pinky or ring finger. which is usually in use. u-u; I mean, I guess you could switch the keys around... BUt Q is in a bad place imo.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Yokura wrote:
I never managed to use Q properly because Q -> my pinky or ring finger. which is usually in use. u-u; I mean, I guess you could switch the keys around... BUt Q is in a bad place imo.

Same, the finger that I can use for Q is usually operating A, while I can use E because I have 2 available to operate D, and you never use W and S at the same time.

Which is why you should hook up and map an Xbawks controller.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Lol, QQ moar.

imo, the Q button is pretty useless. It's much easier to shift-left click, especially if you have only two weapons.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Lol, QQ moar.

imo, the Q button is pretty useless. It's much easier to shift-left click, especially if you have only two weapons.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Etherlight wrote:
...lol. requires no life to be good? Sounds like someone's had their ego punctured too much. herp derp.

Besides poking around forums and wikis for information, think about tuning. It is very possible to UC tune effectively, especially since our alpha harmonics are rather cheap (1k UC here vs. 5k UC on jp). Look for the thread on cosmiccalc to help you plan a build, before you actually start breaking parts and spending resources attempting to tune.

Mobility is really important for most unit types, and ART tends to either be about mobility (float dash or hoppers) or high TEC heavy hitters.

The main problem for most starting AIR is that they're sitting at around 20 fly, which is pretty damn slow. If you're slow, you're easy to hit and easy to catch. Adjust parts, do some UC tuning, you want to end up around 30+ fly.

Learn the characteristics of your weapons. In general, you want to shoot parallel to your target's path of motion to guarantee a hit--you also need to be close enough and using a weapon projectile that's fast enough to catch your target if they're moving away from you. Many projectiles won't catch a 40 fly air flying straight away, for example.

Kinda like one of my friends who complained how you require good bots to be good at this game but he can't even use a Jikun or Air Unit properly.

how can you fail with a lagkun, no really. HOW? You use just one attack and it just WORKS.

at least he took my advice and got an accel saber.... >_>
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 pm

LordShade wrote:
Etherlight wrote:

Kinda like one of my friends who complained how you require good bots to be good at this game but he can't even use a Jikun or Air Unit properly.

how can you fail with a lagkun, no really. HOW? You use just one attack and it just WORKS.

at least he took my advice and got an accel saber.... >_>

Lol its not always easy to hit with it, enemy bots don't sit still waiting for you, and the dash is very easy to dodge. Also what does Speed do on a weap? Is that refire rate? or how fast the projectile travels?
Back to top Go down
DrakeHead
DrakeHead

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Siveria wrote:

Lol its not always easy to hit with it, enemy bots don't sit still waiting for you, and the dash is very easy to dodge. Also what does Speed do on a weap? Is that refire rate? or how fast the projectile travels?

Speed is how fast the projectile travels and Int is the refire rate wich 1000 is 1 sec.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:43 pm

@Silveria;

Just a thought to comfort you: This game is already broken with EVE and they broke it further with VF. I'm still in the process of finding a counter for all the broken bots of this game (EVE, Ouka, Malice, Lop and VF)
Back to top Go down
DrakeHead
DrakeHead

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:52 pm

VFs are really easy to kill. (at least for me)
Just use SDC and if he tries to escape, spam the Izuna's LG wisps.

------ About the "Q" key.
I changed the "Q" key to the "C", so in that way i can hit space with the side of my thumb and the "C" at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:01 pm

StickyKeys wrote:
broken bots
StickyKeys wrote:
Ouka, Malice
laughingwhores.jpg

I've wasted enough time on other threads today, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

EVE: 1v1, the only thing I've really found effective is Sway. Thanks to the predictability and slow firing rate of the EVE shots, you can usually sway around or through them every time. Of course, the problem is a smart eve player will still float dash away faster than you can catch up, change up the shot interval, add in psyguns, etc.
Ouka: spacebar
Malice: melee, esp. shielded melee. Without the bit, her DPS sucks. With the bit, her mobility sucks. If a shielded melee bot jumps on her while Deadeye's active, she and her bit are both going to be very dead very fast. She's annoying, the booster trouble can screw you over if there are more threatening bots around, but Malice herself isn't too tough.
Lop: I'm guessing you mean Patty, because Renny's just a more versatile gunner than most. Don't have enough experience fighting Patties to give much of an answer here, esp. since the only time I ever see them is when I'm using Thoarla (stardust away!)
VF: Outrun or outfly him and you win already, regardless of your bot. Most are easy to stun, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice   I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I think I just suck at this game -_-. need advice
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next