Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  Empty
PostSubject: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:18 pm

I got a Zero Saber GOLD from RO, thought I'd make the best of it
I'd like to focus on melee

Anyway, sway or boost run?
I heard sway is good for melee
but then, can sway be used to run away? or shud I rely on Zero Step for that? :/
Shud I go with both?
I saw a ZSG vid on YouTube (titled "Zero Wear")
The ZSG had both Boost Run and sway, but I didn see much swaying to dodge attacks like it shud be used
I read from previous posts that Sway is good with L sized bots to dodge with.

HELP MEH D:

Thanks in advance Wink
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

RoboFranky wrote:

Sway is near-useless on L size bots, because they're too fat to dodge well. It's amazing on small bots and slender bots like Lazflamme and (gunner) ZSG, who can actually get their hitboxes out of harm's way in time.

On ZSG, I wouldn't bother with Sway if you aren't using her as a gunner, because you'll be using Zero Step for positioning and approaching instead anyway. I don't know about Boost Run; I have it on mine, but it hasn't really made much of a difference in how I position myself with her, and since it causes slash blade's running attack to bork it's actually been more of a detriment.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Suguri wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:

Sway is near-useless on L size bots, because they're too fat to dodge well. It's amazing on small bots and slender bots like Lazflamme and (gunner) ZSG, who can actually get their hitboxes out of harm's way in time.

On ZSG, I wouldn't bother with Sway if you aren't using her as a gunner, because you'll be using Zero Step for positioning and approaching instead anyway. I don't know about Boost Run; I have it on mine, but it hasn't really made much of a difference in how I position myself with her, and since it causes slash blade's running attack to bork it's actually been more of a detriment.

I mainly use a Kamui staff since I dun have any Slash blades
if I use him as a melee, I shud use Boost Run I guess? Since u said sway is better on a gunner
So, I'll just boost run in, attack and boost run out since I doubt sway can be used for running away
I guess Bnoise was wrong then if its useless on an L sized

thnks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Sway isn't exactly better on a gunner, it's just redundant on Zero Saber since Zero Step serves the same thing, but with more range, extra damage, more invincibility, and air tracking.

If you're taking one, go with Boost Run.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Ok then
I'll give it the Boost Run + 2 Core upgrades
thnks a lot suguri Very Happy

PS. love the siggy >:3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber    Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sway or Boost Run on melee Zero Saber
Page 1 of 1