Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sway vs Short Boost

Go down 
+5
Relict?
Suguri
tehprognoob
Trill
Kyukon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyukon
Kyukon

Female Posts : 24

Sway vs Short Boost Empty
PostSubject: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 am

I was wondering if I should get Sway or Short boost for Fia.

also a friend of mine said I should get 36 wlk with Fia. But from the pitying little builds I found online they all said half about 15 wlk and 20 fly? I got fia from a friend so her build is kinda strange can someone please help me with a Fia build?

oh and does anyone know where i can find a cartridge reset? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:29 am

Shortboost, but honestly Fia should be fly based in my opinion. Cartridge Resets (unfortunately) come from the starcoin shop and cost 3 starcoins.

Edit: >builds saying 20 wlk 15 fly

ignore those, they have no clue what they're doing
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am

short boost > sway

15 WLK 20 FLY accomplishes nothing except I guess boost run?

36 WLK is LND walk breakpoint; normal walk for non-LNDs break at 35

FLY > WLK for ARTs

FLY breakpoints are 31, 34, 38; take accel roll. Hop also works with FLY

EDIT: no, 20/15 still bluetier

Just tune magfrit
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 am

so should i max out fly then?

my stats at the moment are
str: 10
tec: 23
wlk: 17
fly: 21
tgh: 7

so um any idea on how to improve this or should i just tune fly?

also. how do i get starcoins in game? or would it be easier to buy a cart reset from the bazaar?

Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:37 am

Cart reset is not bazaar-able

You need at least 31 FLY, accel roll or not. 28 if you feel you can handle LNDs

Just tune magfrit with at least paralyze and 2 other tunes of your choice. Sub spam fireball Fia is retarded.

Keep 1 STR for Aura
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 am

tehprognoob wrote:
Cart reset is not bazaar-able

You need at least 31 FLY, accel roll or not. 28 if you feel you can handle LNDs

Just tune magfrit with at least paralyze and 2 other tunes of your choice. Sub spam fireball Fia is retarded.

Keep 1 STR for Aura

Don't listen to this guy either.

Spoiler:

Probably a more ideal Magfrit build.

Meatball (2x EIW, meant to be played off mount) build would look something like this

Spoiler:

Not really sure on meatball throwing build, as I've never really liked it
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am

Sway's still fine on LNDs, but there's really no way it's going to help you on something like Fia.

Short Boost is better than Float Dash for her in most cases (subweapon spammer Fia can get away with Float though).
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

i dont really like using magfrit cuz of his cooldown and he's big which makes me take more damage from blasters and crap... since im still pretty nooby at this game.

but basically I just have to get my tec and fly up right?

and also about the cart reset how do i get starcoins?
Fia was a gift from a very nice person but she came with weird carts :/

she has
Raise Cap x3
Enhance Internal Weapon x2
Blast Guard
Anti Burning
Moving Burst

so i really need starcoins :/
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm

You got to roll garapon for starcoins.

Is Fia tuned? If spending your limited RT on garapon just for a cart reset is unfavorable to you, you could just junk Fia and relevel.

Yes. 31, 34 or 38 FLY. The higher of these three values you can reach, the better you'll be off.

As much TEC as possible.

7, 12, or 16 TGH. But that's not top priority, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:48 am

i went through all the gara but i couldnt find one with starcoins for prize?

this might be a long shot but are there any quest/mission that gives cart resets as a drop?

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 am

Star Coins you get from actually spending RT. And no, you can't get cart resets from quest/missions ;_;

I'd personally just junk her, as she's not tuned and leveled horribly.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:58 am

I'll just post what I did with mine (or at least what I planned, since I don't see myself bothering to farm mats anymore).

Spoiler:

No need for paralyze nor force tunes, base TEC and no tune Magfrit does the job of knocking airs fairly well while you're supposed to stay away from melee lands (can deal with hoppers if you keep distance and use magfrit's barrier smartly).

Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:51 am

i really dont want to junk fia cuz i really like her so yea...

does anyone know how much rt i need to spend to get 1 starcoin? is it 50 or so? i could get enough uc to charge rt...

also what exactly does magfrit's barrier do? i've never used magfrit before cuz i find him too big... is explosive fire still usable when riding magfrit?
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:06 am

Trill wrote:
-snip-

Okay, didn't realize that Magfrit didn't work like a WB
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:54 am

Kyukon wrote:

also what exactly does magfrit's barrier do? i've never used magfrit before cuz i find him too big... is explosive fire still usable when riding magfrit?

Large frontal shield that lasts 2-3 secs, 5 charges refillable by dismounting then mounting again; and no.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 pm

Afaik Magfrits Barrier is also supposed to cause Burn when used at the right range, but the effective area is so retardedly small that nobody ever noticed. I could be wrong though.

Star Coins are handed ou for every 100 Rt (10 $) ou spend.

Turkeysaurs build looks legit btw. The only thing that you'll proll never have is the Destructor Girl BS2 (that's the HD ones aka a Garapon exclusive:/). Fia's strength is her ability to change between two fighting styles. You should definitely learn to use Magfrit. If some blaster fag is arround, just take your good ol' tme to aim and then hit them for over 9000 dmg =3
Back to top Go down
centralheating
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
centralheating

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:14 am

Kyukon wrote:
i really dont want to junk fia cuz i really like her so yea...

No nono, when you junk her, you can rebuild her and all her locked parts will be back in place and she'll be back at level 0 so you can redo her carts again.

Better than using a Cart Reset if she's not heavily tuned or anything.

I think it's 100rt per star coin
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:34 am

right... im a big explosive fire spammer... so i guess i wont be using magfrit unless i change my play style completely...

say if i tune magfrit do i still get the stats even if i dont use him? im guessing the answer is yes but im not completely sure cuz i've never tuned before... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:46 am

Magfrit isn't exactly a "separate bot." If you're referring to the sub/main weapon to switch inbetween unmounted and mounted mode, then yes, all tunes done on a bot, regardless of where it is, will apply to the bot at all times.

I will also just kind of point out that non-mounted Fia lacks any real 1v1 strength. Once targeted and the enemy has closed in, she herself is very much a pushover. Playing her unmounted (while itself is pretty easy, as the majority of the time you will be sitting in the back throwing her sub weapon out nonstop), is somewhat riskier as you must rely on team mates for protection.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Quote :
The only thing that you'll proll never have is the Destructor Girl BS2
funny story. i actually have a destructor girl xD
i have lots of weird parts and robots on the account... i even have a silver gwyain...

Quote :
No nono, when you junk her, you can rebuild her and all her locked parts will be back in place and she'll be back at level 0 so you can redo her carts again.
are u sure about this? cuz my friend told me that if i junked a bot i basically delete it and i dont get the parts...
maybe i'll try junking a spare bot and see.

okay i junked her... now i have to re-lvl and buy lvl cap removers D:

Quote :
I will also just kind of point out that non-mounted Fia lacks any real 1v1 strength. Once targeted and the enemy has closed in, she herself is very much a pushover. Playing her unmounted (while itself is pretty easy, as the majority of the time you will be sitting in the back throwing her sub weapon out nonstop), is somewhat riskier as you must rely on team mates for protection.
this is gotta agree with... i've died many times when i run out of backup or facing ivis alone... i'll probably try and start using magfrit although i still think its easier to get hit on magfrit cuz of his size... Neutral

but i guess i can try him out since i can and all

Last edited by Kyukon on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 am

Your friend is mistakened. You are with a bad crowd, it seems.

If your bot does not have locked parts, the act of junking will send said parts to your garage as spare parts.

In Fia's case, almost all of her parts are locked. If you junk her, you lose tunes you have already used on said parts as well as broken slots on the parts in question. That is about it.[justify]
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:06 am

Kyukon wrote:

this is gotta agree with... i've died many times when i run out of backup or facing ivis alone... i'll probably try and start using magfrit although i still think its easier to get hit on magfrit cuz of his size... Neutral

While Magfrit does infact make her massive, mounting Magfrit gives Fia an additional 100 HP, which at all capa carts, tops out at about 500 HP. It can make him a little more tanky, but if you want to focus on Magfrit, you may want 12-16 TGH.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 am

i really dislike tanking in all games... and i believe that all tankers should be melee because im stubborn and close minded... but i'l probably give tanking a try after i stop dying even when im far far away :/

also... about the destructor girl bs from before... is there anyway to actually get that apart from gifts or bazaar? cuz i just found out that my destructor girl cant be disassembled D:
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 am

The Destructor Girl BS2 comes off of a gara only version of DG
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:09 am

Kyukon wrote:
i really dislike tanking in all games... and i believe that all tankers should be melee because im stubborn and close minded... but i'l probably give tanking a try after i stop dying even when im far far away :/

making a bot "tankier" or able to "tank some damage" doesnt equal turning it even remotely into a tank. your first goal will still be not to be hit and the extra tgh and HP will only be there to compensate the massive size the bot has compared to normal fia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sway vs Short Boost   Sway vs Short Boost Empty

Back to top Go down

Sway vs Short Boost
Page 1 of 1