Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

[Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway Empty
PostSubject: [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway   [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Ok I have searched for topics about Scaregant Nomad/Reg, Boost Run and Sway, but I'm still a bit unsure, so I'm asking my own questions here again :/

Is putting Boost Run on Scaregant an good idea? Notably on Nomad, because it felt so hard to use that rifle while running...
(and Scaregants felt like fun bots to play, so I'm neither focusing on gunning or meleeing only, would it be wise for me to get rid of Boost Run for the sake of gunning?)

And Sway, I think I read in one of the thread that someone was saying Sway is a bad idea on L size LND cuz they're too big to dodge well, same case for Scaregant?

There are two reasons I'm considering Sway:

1) There's a delay at the end of Scaregant's combo, maybe I could Sway before the last spin to avoid that delay and quickly start another combo from the beginning?

2) Bbecause it's CBTW I'm playing at, and right now there's A LOT of Nicole running around, it's really a bother; sometimes when I was just about to ambush someone my boost are gone and I didn't even see Nicole in range just yet, and even if I did saw Nicole, durr, melee is the way to go, but now it's hard for me to reach her, EVEN HARDER if I tried to run away, NEAR HOPELESS if even just one or two more enemies showed up -.-

Idea? Boost Run or Sway? Or simply get neither, and tuning to 40 WLK and rely on normal running?

P.S.
And a side question:

30-40 TGH + Tough Runner + Stun Regain, would that be overkill? Or a great setup? (for Scaregants of course Razz)
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway   [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:42 pm

1) Do not use Sway on any L-sized bot. Like you said, they cannot dodge, and more importantly, sway does not end a combo. You have to manually stop clicking, then sway.

2) Stay awayfrom Nicoles in general unless you're going to sneak up behind them or you're a 36 WLK runner without boost run. Let AIRs take care of the Nicole. Boost Run is otherwise very good on Scaregant as you're not going to run-and-gun 24/7 on him.

Side question answers:
- Do NOT tune for 40 WLK - Tune it to 36 and leave it at that. 36 is the fastest you go, 40 is just a higher number that will put unnecessary cost on your bot.
- Great Setup.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway   [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Gotcha, thanks for answering all my questions ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway   [Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway Empty

Back to top Go down

[Q] Scaregant Nomad & Boost Run/Sway
Page 1 of 1