Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March

Go down 
+4
Rinrin
reVelske
Dizzyku
RoboFranky
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March Empty
PostSubject: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 pm

which one is worth tuning?
personally, I think its the Trill cuz her balls to more damage

What shud I tune her with?
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Trill is garbage.
Her shock wave Am is far worse for anything other then spraying shots and hoping you hit, sure you could just switch it with the regular but that's only the start of the Trill suckness.
From what I remember, Maril march has weaker sounds balls that are a lot more useful, while trill has higher damage sound balls but is inferior to the original.
There might be some minor cart difference's I haven't checked though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:03 am

Core.
Trill = multi-targetting sound balls, 6 balls max
Normal = only 1 target, 8 balls max

Trill's balls are more accurate for me and quicker since it only need 6 balls.
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 am

Cori wrote:
Core.
Trill = multi-targetting sound balls, 6 balls max
Normal = only 1 target, 8 balls max

Trill's balls are more accurate for me and quicker since it only need 6 balls.

Trills multi--targeting is what makes her crap since 6 sounds locked onto more then a single person your not likely to hit, the reason Maril march hits so accurately is because all of her sounds balls fly off at a single person making it fairly hard to dodge since they are fast moving.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:03 am

While shooting 8 sound balls instead of 6 may be seem better, keep in mind you'll have to charge 2 more. Two beats don't take a second of time but I dunno if anyone here's experienced it but sometimes they fail to charge. However, lets assume that there's no lag and they do charge. I don't know the stats of both Maryls but I'd say both are pretty even (aside from the pulse gun thing, which I promptly replaced with box missiles).

Let's say you fire off 8 balls at one target, there's no guarantee they'll all hit. If you see your mech get hit by one and you're fast about it, it's possible to dodge the last 2 or so coming at you. Robots with high TGH will also take less damage from consecutive damage reductions.

Now we consider firing 3 balls at 2 targets. Keeping in mind there's less load time, it may be easier to catch at least one person. Once one hits you, the other two general follow too quickly to dodge too since they come in smaller and usually denser packages. Still, its harder to not shoot random terrain and random targets but that applies to any ranged sub weapon since you can't really aim the thing.

All in all, I'm pretty sure the overall DPS would be higher firing at two targets instead of just one but you'll get less kills. If you can successfully connect with all 8 balls, then of course the former has an advantage but whiffing would mean much less damage. Risk vs reward?

About sound balls vs *insert internal weapon*, I'd go with sound balls. I just prefer burst and cover rather than steadily pounding the foe. I find howitzer missiles laughably easy to dodge though. You can see it coming easy if you spent less time staring at your robot's

^(O_O) THIS is from a comment by a guy called "Provis"

For either one, whats the best build?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:09 am

There's 2 build that I know, one that utilize sound balls, and one that hops.
Stack tec as high as you can for sound balls, since you'll be at the backline. Keep a short-mid range weapon on like blast zooka.
And the usual bazooka for hopper, missiles are also nice. Stack fly until it's 30+ for this one.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:19 am

Cori wrote:
Stack tec as high as you can for sound balls, since you'll be at the backline. Keep a short-mid range weapon on like blast zooka.
And the usual bazooka for hopper, missiles are also nice. Stack fly until it's 30+ for this one.

thanks
Ive difficulties obtaining blast zooka
so, how bout box missiles?
I got some 3 slotted ones from UC gara 2 (been spammed with em with no RO cube at all)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 am

RoboFranky wrote:
Cori wrote:

thanks
I got some 3 slotted ones from UC gara 2 (been spammed with em with no RO cube at all)
You could also use long range weapon if you need extra oomph, yes box missiles. Railgun is also nice, kinda like, Shoots railgun > hits air > air going down > release balls.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:37 am

Cori wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
Cori wrote:

thanks
You could also use long range weapon if you need extra oomph, yes box missiles. Railgun is also nice, kinda like, Shoots railgun > hits air > air going down > release balls.

dang no railgun either
how bout Amateus AM2? Can it be considered a railgun?
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:47 am

RoboFranky wrote:
Cori wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:

thanks

dang no railgun either

Lol no it can't
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:59 am

Dizzyku wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
Cori wrote:

dang no railgun either

Lol no it can't

thnks
Ill stick to the box missile then, tune up some supply
Shud I keep the AM2?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:25 am

Box Missile/Ballistic Launcher + Bazooka/Blast Bazooka/Shield
2xMisside Arms + 2xBazookas + Moving Burst
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 am

TRILL IS BETTER
believe me, a clanmate will not lie D:
but if u play kanbara style... it doesnt matter either way cos he doesnt use sound balls ( i think )
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:32 am

reVelske wrote:
Box Missile/Ballistic Launcher + Bazooka/Blast Bazooka/Shield
2xMisside Arms + 2xBazookas + Moving Burst

thnks for the info ^-^
Yup, I'm gonna use Trill (I have 2)
They both look interesting :-o
Guess I'll have to try it out first

I suppose TEC & FLY tunes shud be in order
or shud I swap the parts for sumtin smaller?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:47 am

Build Arm AM, or Tentrion if you don't mind adding a little extra cost. AccelSaber if you want to stack that TEC as your main priority.

LG... tons of options I guess, Frog Lander (WINNAH), Build Arm (WINNAH), Elme (WINNAH too).

Hound LG works too if you want to go for a TEC/WLK build, same with Ace Braver.

Maril BS is fine, or Tentrion if you want one extra TGH.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 am

Rinrin wrote:
it doesnt matter either way cos he doesnt use sound balls ( i think )
Yes he does.

He also uses both Maril and Trill, and uses both Maril AM2s and AM3s. I don't know what Dizzy's talking about, they're both quite good. .-.

Note though that, if Maril's sound balls really are single lockon (haven't used Maril in forever), then Trill will always be able to output more damage with hers because of tgh. 6 hits vs 8 will be less affected by tgh, and if the shots spread out to multiple targets it reduces tgh's impact further. But since Maril shoots more at a single target, her damage will be lower yet more reliable.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 am

If a noob like me can, you guys can.

3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March Screenshot2011032321474
(Yes, this is the same Maril I asked in a thread a long time ago)

20 free capa left. Wondering if I should tune for Force or level up for Sniper Sight or Moving Burst.

This is Trill, btw.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 am

Never quite understood people's fascination with Steel Rider LG.
Back to top Go down
miltix

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 am

NumeroDoS wrote:

20 free capa left. Wondering if I should tune for Force or level up for Sniper Sight or Moving Burst.

This is Trill, btw.

What weapons are those?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 am

miltix wrote:
What weapons are those?
Box missiles.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 am

reVelske wrote:

40 cost LG with +4WLK, as opposed to 65 cost Snailbot LG and 85 cost Accel Saber LG
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 am

You can pay 10 less cost for 3 WLK and 1 TEC Hound LG, which is helluvalot smaller, if you not gonna give a fuck about being a huge target with something like Steel Rider LG, might as well go Snailbot LG, 25 more cost for 2 extra FLY, 1 extra TGH and 40 more HP? sounds like a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am

Suguri wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
Yes he does.

He also uses both Maril and Trill, and uses both Maril AM2s and AM3s. I don't know what Dizzy's talking about, they're both quite good. .-.

Note though that, if Maril's sound balls really are single lockon (haven't used Maril in forever), then Trill will always be able to output more damage with hers because of tgh. 6 hits vs 8 will be less affected by tgh, and if the shots spread out to multiple targets it reduces tgh's impact further. But since Maril shoots more at a single target, her damage will be lower yet more reliable.

yes maril locks on 8 balls on one target only, trill locks 6 on max 2 targets.
therefore trill would technically be doing higher dmg if enemy has moderate tgh. even with 2 lesser balls.
and 8 balls takes too long to load. with my laptop u'll be loading 2/3/4 at most with the lag.
trill is more reliable as you can lock on either one or two enemies depending how many sub lockon u see on ur screen.

NumeroDoS wrote:
reVelske wrote:

40 cost LG with +4WLK, as opposed to 65 cost Snailbot LG and 85 cost Accel Saber LG

still... too big hitbox. i dun like Sad
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Suguri wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
Yes he does.

Im talking about my personal hatred for Maril Trill. I don't know what you meant about the arms but the regular maril has the arm thats good, since a single hit can do around 100 damage(It counts a double hit since the soundwave hits the front then hits the back of the target), while the other one has a load up before firing with a lot less force, but it is rapid fire.

I personally think its easier to dodge 3 sound balls then it is to dodge a lot of sound balls from regular maril, but I don't use a maril often since I hate her so I'm probably not the least biased/accurate source of hate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:45 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:

This is Trill, btw.

Interesting build. I myself might equip it with 2 box missiles
I guess for Marill, its WLK > FLY, different from most ARTs huh?
Boost Run as well? O_O

About the cartridge build,
How bout the Internal Weapon cart?
well, I guess u don't spam internal
But still, what does it increase beside ammo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March   3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March Empty

Back to top Go down

3 slot Marill March Trill / 3 slot Marill March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next