Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maril March Trill Build

Go down 
+3
NumeroDoS
ngelicdark
NeWIZ
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Maril March Trill Build Empty
PostSubject: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:56 pm

I know there are some Maril March threads around, but I wanted to focus specifically on the Trill variant. The one I have has all default parts with no tuning slots from a code giveaway. I'm requesting build and cartridge advice while having the intention of making my Maril a hopper. I'm also wondering if it's possible for a setup that mixes mid and long range combat ability.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:07 pm

I heard trill's internal is a meh trade off compared to the original.

And if you're a hopper, you're not really going to be using it anyway much (because if you're a zook hopper you'll hafta be real close up, and as a missile hopper, well, it's not far enough to justify spamming the internal), so I don't understand why it really matters if it was Trill or not lol.

I had an old Maril build on cosmicalc that I wiped a long time ago. Basically it was a dual wielding 2-way missile launcher hopper, with short boost, quick land, blast guard, all cap carts..and whatever you would like there (be it a beam guard, moving burst, or nothing at all).

I imagine tuned box missiles (for speed) or some other shop based missile/middle bazooka from Sheriff Gara/Handy bazooka with misside AMs can also work. I never tested the build btw, I just wanted to build something that used some missiles I got outta some gara that I can't remember.

I've been told most hoppers try to aim for 30 WLK and at least 15 TGH to prevent being stunned. Suggest you aim for the tunes that way. Dual rifle bits or slayer WB can be used, or the regular one can be used to save cost.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Don't Misside AMs unless there's an alpha hopper build that I haven't caught wind of. They'll just mount on your cost like crazy.

Mid-range weapons, I suggest Middle Bazooka or Blast Bazooka for Rt options, and the regular Bazooka for UC (Arcantus) options. Tune for force or speed?

Longe-range, I'm not sure if Ballistic Launcher is a good option. There's still Box Missiles to settle yourself with.

Parts-wise, I suggest switching your LGs out for Ace Braver for the size and stats, or Laz for the extra BS slot.

Anyway, this should be on the Guides. Asking to move~
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:22 pm

If you have toybox missiles to use, those have been recently buffed and are probably some of the best mainweapon missiles in the game, personally I think they're better than box missiles and only beaten by ballistic launcher in terms of homing. Of course DG with 4 internals has the best homing, but that's a sub.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:56 pm

You sir, have given me another idea for an ART.... Except now I have to find a suitable core to mount those AMs on.. I completely forgot about getting those...

Misside AMS were kinda a meh suggestion IMO, they would be great if it wasn't for the 60 ammo bit.

I second Toybox AMs, they're really awesome. I've been meaning to get a pair of em myself..
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:08 am

Trill and regular are barely any different, no reason to build them differently.

I recommend ace braver lg, misside bs, and build arm ams. Lazflamme LG with a second misside BS also works. You can find all of these (sans Laz LG) in 2~3 slot variants from drops in any game mode, or from friendship rewards. Good weapons to use are box missiles, volcano grenade, and ballistic launcher. A shield (buckler) may be preferred as well. For carts, take all the capacity carts for sure. Boost Run, Short Boost, Quick Land, Blast Guard, and internals are other carts of interest.

Statwise, 33 wlk and as much tec as possible (40 can be reachable with a bit of luck) should be your goal.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Would Sniper Sight and Broad Radar be good choices for carts or do they work best with a specific role/setup? I'm thinking Broad Radar so enemies have less chances of a sneak attack while Sniper Sight to utilize max range without being noticed.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Sniper sight is pretty useless for a hopper because once a fat bazooka/missile comes at them, they're gonna wanna know where it comes from since you probably stunned em. And you'll be close by.

Broad radar is useful for anyone, no matter what role/setup. However with its fat 50 cost, it means a lot of options go bai bai for tuning/weaponry.

Honestly there really is no "role" to be filled with these carts as apart from mobility carts, as they're just auxillary things meant to help you and your team out.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Stealth system is only on my burner harassment shadow hunter, for good reason. It doesn't run too much risk if it's just running around and burning bots, plus setting bots on fire means they can't orient themselves to hit me. I usually have to suicide to change bots after ceramic burner's pitiful ammo runs out though.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:53 pm

What are some good weapons when dealing with opponents up close? I know Bazooka weapons can work, but I'm just looking for other possible options to use/experiment with. For hopper cartridge builds, is Boost Run a necessity or something that can help out?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

On M-art, bazookas and volcano grenades are probably your best bets. Burners work, but they seem like a wasted weapon slot to me most of the time, and Eight Vulcans are better suited to high-speed lands.

Boost Run is pretty much irrelevant as far as hopping is concerned. Whether or not you're going to hop doesn't matter, boost run is a personal preference sort of thing. For Maril though, I say get it. She has the stats to run fast, and you can prolong your boost run time by using soundballs just before your boost gauge hits empty.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Suguri wrote:
On M-art, bazookas and volcano grenades are probably your best bets. Burners work, but they seem like a wasted weapon slot to me most of the time, and Eight Vulcans are better suited to high-speed lands.

Boost Run is pretty much irrelevant as far as hopping is concerned. Whether or not you're going to hop doesn't matter, boost run is a personal preference sort of thing. For Maril though, I say get it. She has the stats to run fast, and you can prolong your boost run time by using soundballs just before your boost gauge hits empty.

Oh yeah, she continues to move forward at whatever speed she was at when starts her sound ball combo. Time to moonwalk.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:52 pm

What are the best TEC, WLK, and TGH tunes for Maril while avoiding stat reductions if possible?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:02 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
What are the best TEC, WLK, and TGH tunes for Maril while avoiding stat reductions if possible?
Straight up normal + 1 stat tunes are the best tunes possible for any bot when avoiding stat reduction and going overboard in cost.
If you don't have a lot of tune slots and need a tune that gives +3 boosts then do a straight up 30 cost great tune.
If you do have the tune slots and don't want to amp up cost and don't want a measily +1 stat, the best tune possible is High Alpha tunes in general.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:50 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
When tuning, you want the tunes with stat reductions. They have a higher success rate and cost less, and it doesn't matter if you're lowering a stat you don't use in the first place. For Maril...

• High Tech Alpha
  • High Run Alpha
  • High Tough if you're going to tune tgh at all.

Don't let fly drop below 1. Don't let str drop below 1 either if you plan on using a wonder bit, but if you don't it can zero out.
  • Back to top Go down
    NeWIZ
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Until I can get some of the better Bazookas for my Maril to use, would Snailbot AM be a decent 'zooka alternative? What are some recommended tunes for Snailbot's bazooka arm? I'm also requesting any advice on getting better skilled at using the Volcano Grenade and recommended tunes for it.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Snailbot AMs are terrible, and if you can afford a snailbot you can afford a steel rider anyway.

For Volcano Grenade, tune x2 Great Force Beta + x1 Great Rapid Alpha. Learn the arc, you need to aim much further upward than you do with other weapons.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:12 pm

One of the better bazookas available from in-game sources not needing Rt would be King Megaton AM2s. 30 force and has about the same other stats as a handy zook. Has plenty of ammo and usually comes slotted if you score from Epoch.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:35 pm

knyx wrote:
    One of the better bazookas available from in-game sources not needing Rt would be King Megaton AM2s. 30 force and has about the same other stats as a handy zook. Has plenty of ammo and usually comes slotted if you score from Epoch.
    A large portion of its damage is blast too, meaning it rapes airs.

Only problem: OH GOD THAT INT
    Back to top Go down
    NeWIZ
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:54 pm

I bought a Steel Rider and now understand why Snailbot AMs are outclassed (it came with a regular Bazooka). From what I can understand, King Megaton AM2 also outclasses Snailbot AM. Is the robot using King Megaton AM2 found in the shop? Does the King Megaton AM2 drop from regular arena matches as well (not Epoch)?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:41 pm

King Megaton AM2 is epoch-only. Personally I prefer regular bazookas, but meh.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:18 pm

If you're going to make an alpha ama/maril hopper with those, then they would be optimal since you won't need to consider int. Anything else you have to play smart.

Also, is Big Montaiz AM2 epoch only as well?
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:13 pm

knyx wrote:
    If you're going to make an alpha ama/maril hopper with those, then they would be optimal since you won't need to consider int. Anything else you have to play smart.

Also, is Big Montaiz AM2 epoch only as well?
    Not quite, because you're going to have a massive cooldown between alpha strikes using two of those, and the arms can't hold additional weapons. Better off with misside arms holding bazookas.

And yes.
    Back to top Go down
    NeWIZ
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 pm

I'd like some opinion on the Little and Regular Grenade. Even though the Volcano Grenade is recommended, I feel it's just a bit slow in both firing rate and projectile speed (without tuning). Would one of the other grenade alternatives be good for training/building up grenade usage skill? I'm getting used to Maril's internal, but is it a good idea to use a Build Arm BS as a backup weapon (even though it has less range than the internal weapon)?
    Back to top Go down
    ngelicdark
    Adept Poster
    Adept Poster
    ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Little grenade feels...too meh for its cost to me. Same for grenade; what makes volcano grenade great IIRC was the fact it caused burning; so that it was much easier for you to escape your target's wrath.

Build Arm BS was the cheap go to sub weap alternative for Lily Rain, but personally I felt it wasn't worth the cost. You already have sound balls; shouldn't the ammo be enough?

Seconded on the Steel AM/King Megaton AM2 though, I've heard good things about both. Although yeah, INT on the AM2 is horribad.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maril March Trill Build   Maril March Trill Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Maril March Trill Build
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next