Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question

Go down 
+5
chengsta
BNOISE
Shaftronics
reVelske
AngelWings
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AngelWings
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AngelWings

Male Posts : 102

"OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question Empty
PostSubject: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am

I was wondering if a certain weapon or a robot would be considered superior than the other ones.

As for robots, I have absolutely no idea what would be considered superior, as each robot has its own weakness and strengths.

As for weapons, I find that ones with high stun is rather effective. Once, in a match, there was a high ranking player using some sort of machinegun that continuously stunned players; I was totally hopeless while he continuously fired at me. What weapon is this, exactly?

EDIT: forgot the Jikun Question.
When I use the Jikun Tackle, why does the "attack" sometimes travel shorter and farther? What affects this? Sometimes, I find myself across the screen, and sometimes I simply find myself in a short location away from where I was. (P.S. This is while I was locking on a bot)
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 am

AngelWings wrote:

As for robots, I have absolutely no idea what would be considered superior, as each robot has its own weakness and strengths.

Well, superiority in bots can be determined by a combination of their available cartridges, size, cost, built-in weapons, available part space and core stats.

For example, AccelSaber GP is considered one of the best LND gunners in the game, due to having impressive TEC and WLK stats (your main LND gunner stats), large assortment of cartridges to choose from (including Short Boost + Quick Land, Anti-Burn/Slow and Stun Regain) and has a relatively decent cost. He has two head slots which allows to you bring up his stats with two HD parts and two sets of accessories, and being M size also allows him to choose from large selection of parts.

And then you have the supposedly OP bots, who are overpowering solely due to their built-in abilities/weapons and their overall mobility and maneuverability to compliment their abilities/weapons. EVE, Ouka, Vanguard and Ivis come to mind specifically.

AngelWings wrote:
Once, in a match, there was a high ranking player using some sort of machinegun that continuously stunned players; I was totally hopeless while he continuously fired at me. What weapon is this, exactly?

Probably Eight Vulcan/Vulcan or Drum Machinegun.

Dunno if any of the weapons can be considered overpowering at the moment, but if you talking about the cream of the crop, you are looking at Stardust Cannon, Auto Beam Rifle, Limited Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun, Drum Machinegun, Custom Magnum, Handy Bazooka, Blast Bazooka, Cross Shooter, Eight Vulcan, Assault/Raid/Scout Rifle, Structure Breaker, Custom Shotgun, Ballistic Launcher, Kamui Staff, Slash Blade. These are just some of the most popular, powerful and currently accessible weapons in CBEN.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Well, if there's a common example of an "OP" Part...

Garulabird's AM part is quite agreeably one of the "cheapest" parts of the game.

Its M-sized, meaning it fits on all bots, but its hitbox is tinier than even the smallest AM parts in the game. It comes with a 160-round Raid Rifle that goes on AIR units. And Air units can't even equip most of the powerful rifles, like Raid and Scouter rifles.

The arm gives pretty good stats on top of that, and the best part is?

Its only 70 cost. For everything of the above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
Which also means you can get a pair of a.sura AMJ and put 4 of it on some small air for some huge profitz.

Oh, Lancerlot's AM with K-shield is also another example of OP part. It's literally 3x stronger than viper shield and protects a tad bit more.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Cori wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:
Which also means you can get a pair of a.sura AMJ and put 4 of it on some small air for some huge profitz.

Oh, Lancerlot's AM with K-shield is also another example of OP part. It's literally 3x stronger than viper shield and protects a tad bit more.
Mighty Byne got like super armor in that case lol.
Same for Bugsycait.
Definitely Misty Hollow, if you don't mind having a scythe arm or are willing to switch it out for another one to hold another gun.
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

lol i wonder why nobody is saying seraph crim is an op bot? I mean seraph crims dominate 80% of the top 10 list most of the time, and the #1 position in a pro-arena is 80% going to be a seraph crim. That bot is the most annoying/terrifying bot I have ever come across. It circles your head, and you can't run away or it'll expose your back, and kills you in less than 5 seconds. Since its 40 fly, you can't really get away from it either. Granted it will take tuning, but the same can be said of all bots.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 pm

chengsta wrote:
lol i wonder why nobody is saying seraph crim is an op bot? I mean seraph crims dominate 80% of the top 10 list most of the time, and the #1 position in a pro-arena is 80% going to be a seraph crim. That bot is the most annoying/terrifying bot I have ever come across. It circles your head, and you can't run away or it'll expose your back, and kills you in less than 5 seconds. Since its 40 fly, you can't really get away from it either. Granted it will take tuning, but the same can be said of all bots.

Inb4 Aquila + 2 Shaden BS.

Oh and the jikun question,(i can only answer jikun long because hu is a fagget and i never used 'him')

when u lock on to an enemy and W-Tackle(Wolf Tackle)you can warp behind the target and W- it (Wolf it)
works only for jikun long i think (oh and you neeed ammo to warp,you can still tackle without ammo,and if u dont warp,ammo wont be drained)

Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Nisa wrote:

Inb4 Aquila + 2 Shaden BS.
it's too big
guys with Eve and Maxis like just shoot you down from the sky with their railguns and their sniper sight
also half the time, I see some Eve pros in youtube like shoot down airs without even using the auto lock-on
seems like they freaking play too much with Eve and gotten too used to the range and firing speed or whatever

in the case of seraph crim - smaller hit box
wings + tackle basically makes it fast enough to fly almost in equal terms
much cheaper in cost

the only thing that having an Aquila really has over crim is that it is large-sized so you can stick in a stardust cannon
and it comes in with a built in blaster so you don't need to stick more guns on it outside of the stardust
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 pm

well, speaking about good weapons

the Military Gun, yes, that 1200 UC weapon, is actually pretty damned good for any bots fighting in the front lines. Its spread is the same as Brickgale AM2's, which is very low. It also has a 26-bullet magazine which you can empty in seconds. For extra bonus, it's got 9 Force, which is quite high for a machinegun, and 350 projectile speed which is more than enough for close quarters combat. The drawbacks are its short 140 range, which is still more than most bigger machineguns mind you, and its minuscule 200 ammo supply. The cost is average at 60. Oh, it also fits on all types of bot so go wild.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 am

necrio wrote:

the Military Gun, yes, that 1200 UC weapon, is actually pretty damned good for any bots fighting in the front lines. Its spread is the same as Brickgale AM2's, which is very low. It also has a 26-bullet magazine which you can empty in seconds. For extra bonus, it's got 9 Force, which is quite high for a machinegun, and 350 projectile speed which is more than enough for close quarters combat. The drawbacks are its short 140 range, which is still more than most bigger machineguns mind you, and its minuscule 200 ammo supply. The cost is average at 60. Oh, it also fits on all types of bot so go wild.
Should mention that this is a good weapon, not a great weapon. It's pretty fun on S-airs though.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:04 am

Suguri wrote:
necrio wrote:

Should mention that this is a good weapon, not a great weapon. It's pretty fun on S-airs though.
Very fun indeed. It's also shell type damage which means its damage usually goes through unfiltered by cartridges.
Back to top Go down
Raal
Raal

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Keep in midn that machine gun, (definitly 8 vulcan if it fired 2 streams of bullets) could have been tuned with a paralyze tune up, increasing its chance to stun. Higher TGH would help, but at the rate of fir..best advice is to stay outta range, it only has 90 range, but it hurts like hell when you're in range.
....AND 8 VULCANS REFUSE TO DROP FOR ME! [rage]whymegodwhy?![/rage]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question   "OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question Empty

Back to top Go down

"OP" Robot or Weapons? Also a Jikun Question
Page 1 of 1