Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I suck.

Go down 
+10
BNOISE
necrio
koi
reVelske
Z741
Nisa
knyx
nakee
Suguri
miltix
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: I suck.   I suck. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I always get negative points and get bulleraepd. I'm only good at circle rank fights. Help me become a good player please Sad

Any tips on playing AIR units?
I have Izuna Nagi with Twin Blaster,Lily Arms and Viper Shield

Also in ART units?
I got Destructor with Two-Way Missiles and Missile Launcher (damn cost limit)

I don't play LND units since there aren't any good melee weps in the UC shop. And I always get bombarded by bullets if I play one.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:41 pm

miltix wrote:

Any tips on playing AIR units?
I have Izuna Nagi with Twin Blaster,Lily Arms and Viper Shield
I'd like to see a screenshot for this, to better assess what needs to be focused on. Swap the shield for a plasma gun, wide beam gun, or negatron rifle. You can either keep the blaster (I'm actually rather fond of twin blasters in arena compared to other shotgun-type weapons, since it always shoots two shots down the center), or swap it for a mini bazooka (I'd recommend this). To make any further judgments though, I'd need to see everything (all parts/accessories, level, cartridges, etc).
Back to top Go down

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 pm

How to become a good player.

Good way:
-Keep practicing, experience is everything.

Cheap way:
-Observe good players play and copy their build.
Back to top Go down
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:00 am

Here are the screenshots:
I suck. Woooo_10I suck. Wheee_10

Oh and any tactics,strategies and tips for surviving longer for AIR/ART?
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 am

another thing, dont go suicidal.

dont be afraid to run if you know you cant handle it.
but of course dont go farming like a sissy all day waiting for the game to finish

PS: that destructor is a really big target.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:47 am

Why does your destructor have sucky TEC.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:03 am

Cori wrote:
How to become a good player.

Good way:
-Keep practicing, experience is everything.

Cheap way:
-Observe good players play and copy their build.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 1:48 am

AIRs:
You want to be as high up as you can while still being able to rain down shots on your targets down below. The idea here is harassing your enemies and ducking missiles headed in your direction. Keeping the height advantage is a doubly good thing, as less shots can reach you up there and you can have more time to dodge the shots that are ranged enough. If you sustain more than a few shots or your boost gauge is going to run out in a bit, turn tail and retreat behind your team's ARTs. Also beware of enemy AIRs who carry Mini Bazookas, as they'll certainly shoot you out of the sky. Retreat by flying in a zigzag [or better, an erratic] path, as flying straight away is akin to painting a huge "FRAG ME" sign on your back.

On a more specific note, make good use of Izuna's wisps. They're great as an anti-ground weapon [for the slower targets, anyway], but mind the period of auto-flying forward when you activate this weapon.

ARTs:
These bots are made for long range attacks, and are best at the middle and back lines. The general key is to 1) learn when to fire one weapon and move simultaneously and when to fire all, 2) keep VERY good map awareness by both looking at the mini-map [press Tab to view] and looking around manually every so often for incoming LNDs. Good times to fire all are when an enemy AIR is harassing a fellow ART at a moderate distance, when an AIR is landing to recharge its boost gauge, and when an AIR is retreating by flying straight away from you. Your biggest threats are berserkering LNDs and certain aggressive melee AIRs too, but at least your explosives still damage them heavily, so utilize your boost gauge and float away to a safer spot.
Back to top Go down
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:51 am

Thanks 2741!
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 am

Blasters are not a good option in PvP, the damage is forgettable unless it's against a huge target (in that case, Custom Shotgun would be a far better option), there is no hit stun and the piercing hardly comes into play and you'll also probably find yourself running out of ammo very quickly with Twin-Blaster + Shield. So... yeah, as Eso said, Plasma/Wide Beam are what you want to look at, and Mini Bazooka is invaluable for anti air purposes.

Lily AMs are fine for now I suppose, but once you've leveled quite a bit and want to start minmaxing your Izuna, you want to be using Mach Knight AM and tune it up.

As for your Destructor, why oh why would you want to put Red Squealer LG on it? You are getting a -1 TEC penalty for no noteworthy benefits. You need to try push your WLK and FLY above 10 to have some good survivability. And if I'm not mistaken, those are Jaguar AM, again, you don't need that +2 Str, replace it with something that gives you TEC and some mobility. Oh and try bump FLY up as much as you can, with things like Ouka/Jikun/Vanguard running around, you want to be able to fly away to higher ground as quickly as possible.

Once your FLY and WLK's combined total start reaching 20-25, you can actually look at grabbing Short Boost cartridge to better improve on your survivability, you are not gonna be a star hopper by any stretch of imagination, but you will find yourself able to exert a lot more pressure on the opposing team, it's not gonna save you from melees (except for the fact that you can do a quick lift off with it, cancel it half way into standard flight and fly away), but it can give your opposing team's ranged attackers one heck of a headache as you will be able to evade long range attacks with reasonable ease whilst spamming your missiles, forcing them to fall back into cover.

Try farm the Grandum monsters in Canyon zone Hard route for their Grandum BS, it will take a lot of time (get your Packet and drop rate+ tickets ready), but it's well worth it if you are going to play a backline missile spammer, you can consider sticking Howitzer AMJ and/or Missile Barrel LGJ on your destructor in the mean time for some extra firepower, just don't get too attached to them.

LG wise, haven't really looked at the M-size options, but if you don't care about hitbox (Grandum BS WILL expand your hitbox by quite a bit, so the LG size won't really make a difference), go for Snailbot LG, it keeps you nice and short (in fact, the bottom end of Grandum BS is actually longer than Snailbot LG, so when you have Grandum equipped, your snailbot LG wont even reach the ground) and gives you a massive HP/mobility boost. AM wise, if you want to boost your flight capability, Tengu AMs are the way to go, whilst Misside AMs will give you some nice extra firepower to burst with.

Last edited by reVelske on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 am

I don't know anything about your performance like a player, but your bots are terribad and letting you down.

For starters, replace the crappy blaster with mini bazooka and add second BS on Izuna, add wing+ AMJ, rebuild your destructor with +TEC parts you have.
Then, spend your money on following:

Rebuild your destructor, add accel saber AMs, destructor HD, snailbot LG and megaton or destructor BS. Drop idiotic shop weapons and use box missiles (130 cost) from UC garapon 2. Add core upgrades.

For Izuna, remove blaster (again, it's terribad), use a plasma gun (170 cost shop weapon). Add second BS (something with high fly, maybe ace braver).

You will be rolling gara2, so you will get some accessories. Don't forget to use and tune those.

Then, don't forget to tune. Izuna - for FLY, destructor - for TEC. Buy cosmo harmonics alpha (1000 UC in shop) and fill the slots. Don't be afraid of breaking something, just do it.

And yeah, it's a very good thing that you came here asking for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:38 am

^ Don't really see how Box Missiles are a valid replacement for 2way, for extra 20 cost, you are given a huge force upgrade, impressive range upgrade and no str penalties, it's well worth losing 20 speed, 40 ammo and 200 int for IMHO, think of it as an extremely impressive tune.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 am

2 great rapid tunes - and you have 338 speed missile launcher.
3 great rapid - 377 speed (almost ABR speed).
It's very hard to dodge and it's worth sacrificing ammo.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:16 am

I dunno, I like blasters (the single ones, no the twin). Makes aiming much easier and does massive damage when the enemy is clustered together.

No one mentioning Beam Machineguns? They're quite good. Sprays a bit, but when you're that close to the enemy it won't matter that much.
Back to top Go down
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:54 am

What my units look right now:

I suck. Lala_b10
Btw shes holding a Rage Machinegun in her left hand. Sorry for blocking the view lol. It would have more FLY if I level up one more and dual wield twin blasters which will give me 27 FLY in total. Should I change the machinegun with a Negatron or Twin Blaster?
I suck. Ijbgv_10
Need to get more money for the accel saber arms. And yes, those are Izuna Nagi arms. I don't have anything better than that right now. And that Cactus HD is the best HD I got for him.

Never knew there was a garapon for UCs. Shocked

I got addicted and spent 8k on it.
Back to top Go down

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 am

Change the destructor's AM with accel saber GP's AMs once you have the money ASAP. Change the legs to snailbot or big mountaiz LGs.
Don't use rage machinegun on the Izuna, get wide beam gun for starter. And no, don't dual equip twin blaster, keep the other AM with a zooka.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 am

8k? i spent 300k+ on that o.O

and i still dont have those berry earrings i want so much Sad
get plasma gun on that izuna, or if you have limited plasma gun, it'll be better. but if you really cant. use a wide beam gun.

and remember, only use that zooka when an air unit is NEAR you. its pretty hard to hit with it if the enemy is far (or is it just me?)
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:33 am

Zooka is also good for shooting healing clusters or any clusters of enemies, and yes, range is bad, but once you get used to your Air units, you will be able to fly at a relatively low altitude without worrying too much about being shot down, knowing where your safe landing spots are and taking Sniper Sight helps.

And what the hell, Izuna AMs and Cactus HD.

Fine, just go and stack and tune your TEC and ignore your WLK/FLY, see if I care, I'll be the one who's going to benefit from killing you slow ass fat arts at the end of the day.

And for heaven's sake, take dual-rifle for your Destructor, dual missile bits are serious overrated. Unless you can actually get yourself to a high enough altitude to have the missiles actually hit and stun the air units, don't bother. Even then, the Rifle bits do a far better job at that.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:00 am

Now it's way better.
Remove rage machine gun, get a viper shield or wide beam gun.
Cactus HD is fine, Izuna AMs are kinda okay for now.

Get slayer WB for Izuna and don't bother with rifle bits on destructor, ranged bits are hard to use and they time out fast.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Farm for a limited plasma gun from arena. get those Accel saber arms (accel has really nice customizability for a LND, so keep him), farm for cute berets and moar earings. I have a destructor with 27 TEC before any tuning, it shouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 pm

I changed Nagi's rage gun with plasma gun and I changed her wonderbit to slayer.
Didn't change Destructor because my other AMs and HDs are worse.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:20 pm

And well, how is it? :3
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Izuna -
Zooka + Viper Shield.

For fighting land and art targets you already have wisps.
Zooka is for fighting air to air.
VIper Shield is great for defense

Destructor -
Misside arms - good bonuses and nice weapon addition
2 zookas
cactus head is fine
snail bot legs

and you are basically all set.
Back to top Go down
miltix

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 am

@koi
From negative 100s to negative 20s. Neutral Well, at least im better now.

I'll replace Plasma gun to Viper Shield on my Nagi because I'm dead before I even run out of zooka bullets.
How am I getting negative points?

Any survival tips you guys wanna share?
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

I suck. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I suck.   I suck. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:17 am

mobility = victory

Spoiler:

once i level up i will replace the bazooka with Large bazooka