Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphics card problem i think

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tao63
Newcomer
Newcomer

Graphics card problem i think Empty
PostSubject: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:04 am

Hi, can someone help me on this? I tried installing the game and see in the downloads section that it supports ATI graphics card. But the opengl problem comes up which seems to be a common problem. The thing is I use ATI Radeon Xpress 200m series and appears to be unable to support opengl stuff. (sorry I don't know much about these things)

I'm using a laptop so its impossible to change my hardware. Can someone tell me some way on how can I make it work somehow?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
mayQueen
mayQueen

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am

Although I know some players cannot play the game with radeon xpress 200M,
you can get newest driver from AMD site.
for windows XP
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

for windows vista
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

If you still have the problem after update the driver, there is no way to play the game...
Back to top Go down
tao63
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:38 am

Wow thanks for the reply (that was fast) but I don't really know which one to download from the two below (On vista's page). I checked with OpenGL extensions viewer and it seems it detects only GDI generic (I don't know why). Also is there some safe way in case it fails? I tried driver update in my old computer with lack of info and it turned completely messed up so I'm being careful right now
Back to top Go down
mayQueen
mayQueen

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am

eh.. download above one"Option 1 - Full Software Suite" on the page.
basically, updating driver is at your own risk.

>I checked with OpenGL extensions viewer and it seems it detects only GDI generic (I don't know why).

ah, it is windows default driver.It means any official graphic driver has never installed into the windows.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 am

There're also so-called Omega Drivers ( http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=section&id=1&Itemid=54 ), try those if you won't have luck with official releases.
Though while googling around I found numerous complaints about X200m crappy OpenGL support so don't be very surprised if the game won't start.
Back to top Go down
tao63
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:49 am

Aww omega driver seems to be some awesome solution but is not yet available for Vista ATI. And for some reason it keeps saying my driver is updated when I see a v.9 for my driver in some websites, weird.

Is there some way to change the settings externally when running the game? Like some setup menu or something, because there's no sense if I have to do it while executing a fail-on-run game. Have to change the driver being read on another online game because it uses the windows default driver which is probably the same for this.

So again thanks for the replies guys, I hope I can play this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics card problem i think   Graphics card problem i think Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics card problem i think
Page 1 of 1