Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphics Card Problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

Graphics Card Problem Empty
PostSubject: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:36 am

I just recently changed my video card from GEForce 9500 GT to GEForce GT 220. Now everytime I try click on start game it just shows up briefly(half a second) and disappears. Yes I already updated my drivers for this one. Do I need to tweak some settings to get this working again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 am

All I am gonna say,

You just upgraded from shit to turd.

Go back. No difference.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:58 am

No, I changed it because the other one broke down and I am waiting for the replacement to arrive in like a month so I got something as a spare video card. Telling me to go back isn't going to solve the problem
Back to top Go down
Mikoto Misaka
Mikoto Misaka

Female Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:01 am

I don't know if this helps but...did you check your DirectX Features if all of them are enabled?

run->dxdiag->Display
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:03 am

Mikoto Misaka wrote:
I don't know if this helps but...did you check your DirectX Features if all of them are enabled?

run->dxdiag->Display

Nope, ain't gonna help.

Changing gpu doesnt mean directx rolls back.

utok wrote:
No, I changed it because the other one broke down and I am waiting for the replacement to arrive in like a month so I got something as a spare video card. Telling me to go back isn't going to solve the problem

Tried integrated graphics?
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:35 am

sunjae429 wrote:

I don't want to get stuck a month on a 3 year old integrated card.. well.. it sucks.. horribly..

Oh, I tried re-downloading and re-installing the game with the newest installer on the site..
The same thing still happens..

EDIT:
Upon further investigation, it seems it's creating an error log inside the program folder and it's something to do with a java exception.. I'll post this in the bug area of the site and with any luck they might help.. if anyone would want to see the log (I doubt anyone does) here it is:

Link
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:54 am

utok wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

I don't want to get stuck a month on a 3 year old integrated card.. well.. it sucks.. horribly..

Oh, I tried re-downloading and re-installing the game with the newest installer on the site..
The same thing still happens..

EDIT:
Upon further investigation, it seems it's creating an error log inside the program folder and it's something to do with a java exception.. I'll post this in the bug area of the site and with any luck they might help.. if anyone would want to see the log (I doubt anyone does) here it is:

Link

I just read it.

Get rid of that Bass Decoder thingy, it might be the cause.
If not reinstall java,
It's got nothing wrong with graphics.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:08 am

sunjae429 wrote:

True.. might be with the drivers but it shouldn't be seeing as I just downloaded and installed the latest drivers earlier

you missed this spot

# Problematic frame:
# C [nvoglnt.dll+0x670c54]

OpenGL problem.. not sure why this happens as I just updated

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 am

utok wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

True.. might be with the drivers but it shouldn't be seeing as I just downloaded and installed the latest drivers earlier

you missed this spot

# Problematic frame:
# C [nvoglnt.dll+0x670c54]

OpenGL problem.. not sure why this happens as I just updated

missed that.
Get opengl extension viewer
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 am

Checked the installed version with the latest drivers.. also crosschecked with nvidias detector on their site

NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 260.99 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Oh great, now I'm stuck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 am

utok wrote:
Checked the installed version with the latest drivers.. also crosschecked with nvidias detector on their site

NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 260.99 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Oh great, now I'm stuck

Something is seriously wrong with your gpu, Prob burnt somewhere.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

sunjae429 wrote:
utok wrote:

Oh great, now I'm stuck

LOL. I just told you that I just bought this earlier.. it wouldn't have worked properly in the first place if it was burnt... already tried playing SC2 with it and it works fine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:17 am

utok wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
utok wrote:

Oh great, now I'm stuck

LOL. I just told you that I just bought this earlier.. it wouldn't have worked properly in the first place if it was burnt... already tried playing SC2 with it and it works fine

I didn't read "got" lol
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Well, okay, tis my fault for not specifying the time I bought it. It's brand new so there shouldn't be any problems..
Double checked all the drivers and they are all up to date..
Oh well, guess it's break time from CB for me till I get to fix this, it's about time I started the stack of VNs I need to play (but were stalled because of CB)
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Fixed. If anyone will have this problem, try setting the "Threaded Optimization" option in your Nvdia Control Panel to Off.

Can I get someone to lock this thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Sure =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Problem   Graphics Card Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card Problem
Page 1 of 1