Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphics Card Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

Graphics Card Help Empty
PostSubject: Graphics Card Help   Graphics Card Help EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 am

Hi there,
I'm asking here why can't I use my Nvidia Geforce 540M graphics card on my Acer laptop to play Cosmic Break.Instead it forces me to use my Integrated Intel Card.I have no idea what to do.I prefer running games with the Nvidia card of course since of the graphic and performance improvements but for the intergrated card.I only use that for internet surfing etc.

So Is there really a way I can play cosmic break with my Nvidia card? I tried the Nvidia control panel by adding Cosmic Break to the list of applications using Nvidia Graphics Card but It is unchangeable and still uses the Intergrated card.I need a solution for this plz, or not I will lag badly at cosmic break.If there are no other ways, I am forced to go with the intergrated card.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Graphics Card Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Help   Graphics Card Help EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 pm

This is a pretty common issue with Nvidia Optimus for a variety of games. Fortunately/unfortunately I only have this issue when changing graphics settings in-game, so I wouldn't know the direct cause of the issue for you. My first suggestion would be to update drivers. I'm not sure if it technically works this way, but maybe turning on more graphic-intensive settings like anisotropic filtering and antialiasing will force it to use the card too.
Back to top Go down
PseudoOlale
Newcomer
Newcomer

Graphics Card Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Help   Graphics Card Help EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:28 am

I'll try that. Thanks!
So does that mean I turn all my graphics settings to the highest?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Graphics Card Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Help   Graphics Card Help EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 am

That's what I would try, yes. I can't make any promises that it'll work, but I had a similar issue with Team Fortress 2 where cranking up the graphic settings actually bumped me up from 15 fps to 60~100, which I assume was from the higher settings forcing use of the graphics card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Graphics Card Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Card Help   Graphics Card Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card Help
Page 1 of 1