Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

amateus or destructor girl

Go down 
+6
knyx
HashiriyaR32
Intet
Nisa
Suguri
robinatehisdick2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
robinatehisdick2

amateus or destructor girl Empty
PostSubject: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi again sirs!

I am planning to spare some of my rt to buy either an amateus or destructor girl, any tips on how to use them effectively besides in the other topics, and also which to choose, an amateus or the destructor girl. Thanks sirs!

Btw i kinda despise air units, ( i mean fighting against them) I've got sagit, also an anti air, also got a crimrose loaded with zooka. Thoarla with am3, bombarding their ps and healers.

So guyz back to the question, which to choose, amateus or destructor girl?? Thanks CB PROS!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:27 pm

If you're looking for anti-air, DG is about as good as it gets. Her internal missiles are a powered up version of destructor's, with both more force AND better homing. Her stats are otherwise identical, except she's an S-size, making her a tough target. I highly recommend her, she's the most effective art I've tried.

Amateus I don't have and can't really make a judgment on. The nova missiles hit hard and have a huge blast radius, but they seem rather slow, and the lock-on one can be easily avoided thanks to the long and obvious startup. On the other hand, he causes boosters to overheat, and has mobility rivaling Lily while having access to L-size weapons.

You can't go wrong with either, honestly. Take DG if you want hard-hitting anti-air missiles, take Amateus if you want a mobile art that can still use some of the heavier weapons.
Back to top Go down
robinatehisdick2

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 pm

I see, suguri can you help me about her internal cart upgrades, whats being pumped on 1st upgrade to 4th upgrade, thank you so much, i kinda despise air more than land, ;D my lily rain only lvl 5 toys oukas on high lvl rooms with just 2 volcano grenades, also i sometimes change them to missile arms and small grenades, but i kinda love volcano grenades than missiles arms combo with zookas, (dont have blast bazooka yet). So i really hate fighting against air units atm. Btw does DG missiles hit seraphs effectively?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Internal upgrades give:

+1 force
+10 ammo
+10 range (on every even-numbered cart)
+10 speed (on every odd-numbered cart)
-100 interval (-200 interval on the second cart)

With all four internal carts, you get in total:

+4 force
+40 ammo
+20 range
+20 speed
-500 interval

When dealing with Seraphs, the only homing weapon I've found that will actually home in well enough to hit reliably is Lily Rain Majalis' internal psygun. Seraph Wings give anti-homing, so you can't expect homing weapons to hit. I'll try them next time I see a winged seraph and see how they do, though.

Last edited by Suguri on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:47 pm

notee

seraph wings,work albeit like flares,less homing from the back.
Back to top Go down
robinatehisdick2

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 pm

thanks again suguri!!

seraphs = super elusive airs Sad

So DG can't kill hit her when crimrose in seraph mode.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm

robinatehisdick2 wrote:
thanks again suguri!!

seraphs = super elusive airs Sad

So DG can't kill hit her when crimrose in seraph mode.
To be fair, seraphs aren't the only airs that can dodge AA missiles. Any air with 35+ fly can outrun even the best homing missiles (though being able to do so consistently against Maril March's sound balls is questionable).
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:29 am

And any reasonably small air can avoid missiles with well timed maneuvers, but its a touch risky at times.

Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 am

Some people say that fast airs can outrun missiles, and even sound balls. That MAAAY be true

BUT

I have yet to someone outrun a railgun round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:25 am

DG can reliably tune to 40 TEC and leaving some for mobility, Ama has some cool internals, but can't really as much. You can also reset as much as you like, to have blank slots again.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 am

HashiriyaR32 wrote:
Some people say that fast airs can outrunfly missiles, and even sound balls. That MAAAY be true

BUT

I have yet to someone else other than Nisa outrunfly a railgun round.

Fix'd
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Nisa wrote:
HashiriyaR32 wrote:
Some people say that fast airs can outrunfly missiles, and even sound balls. That MAAAY be true

BUT

I have yet to someone else other than Nisa outrunfly a railgun round.

Fix'd

we dont out fly we evade missiles and rail guns

when running/flying away we always do either Zigzag moves or Drop fly by motion to avoid railguns

same goes with missiles and zokas and granades
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm

First of all, forget Seraph. With both Amateus and DG, you won't touch them unless you use Zookas. After that, DG is a better anti air. Amateus is more a medium to all bot, and have naturally more movement capacity, more HP and a bit less TGH. As he's bigger, he's easier to aim. Amateus can handle bigger weapons, but DG can handle the micros zookas (which I love).

Both of them are really reliables bots, but not exactly the same role. Depend of your preferences but whichever you choose you'll probably not regret it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Midona wrote:
Depend of your preferences but whichever you choose you'll probably not regret it.
Emphasis on this. They're both fantastic bots, you can't make a wrong choice. I love DG and I'm not even an art player.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm

And I love Amateus, but I'm a ART player <3
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 pm

DG missiles at level 9 can catch 40 fly AIRs, nova missile has a huge blast radius and homes really well. The only other problem I have with Ama is that solar buster has a really long and obvious loadup.
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 pm

off topic: DG is much much much cuter. (even for moe-bot standards)

Since you wont be using the amateus' nuke very much cuz you're complaining about it, I suppose your just gonna use his internal weapons Nova missile OR his AM's nova missile. A similar Weapon can be bought in the store for some RT (I forgot the name) but it says: "modeled after amateus' weapon..." and its attack is also nova missile. So you can buy DG and buy that gun for her to get the best of both worlds.

Why choose when you can have "BOTH"?
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:31 pm

amateus or destructor girl 110
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:57 pm

technomo12 wrote:

*snip*

Ruri, get better guns Razz
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:50 am

technomo12 wrote:

amateus or destructor girl 110
Internal Weapon cart max? Good job on getting to 40 Tec...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: amateus or destructor girl   amateus or destructor girl Empty

Back to top Go down

amateus or destructor girl
Page 1 of 1