Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong

Go down 
+16
TerraChika
knyx
Lime
FreedomFighter
ywxiao
boytitan2
Nisa
CapeMike
Desu
Vallyel
shinigami
azz33
NovaZero
Melencholy
Xynno
Hyoka
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 am

I'm linking here a series of diary entries about what CBEN is doing wrong, and why they did it. Do read if you have the time, it's quite long, but I'd like people to support me.

If you don't like walls of text I'll make a too long didn't read (tl;dr) version after I'm done writing all the parts

Part 1:
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=779&comment_count=0

(yeah I only wrote a part one for now D: )
Back to top Go down
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:32 am

Just read through the whole thing took awhile, but it was worth it. Your post in the cosmic break forums here and there are quite meaningful, and should be taken to heart by both the player base and the staff (really just them though >.>). I dunno what happened to the gms but they have almost entirely stopped communicating with the player base themselves, which is in itself a huge disadvantage to cyberstep, as people will complain of poor service and may eventually leave.

For the garapon, I also agree with this, having tune up materials which we can farm with ease shouldn't really be a prize or the fact that sometimes are too many prizes in the garapon like the ouka one. (Too many gold balls is not a good thing), but I doubt they'll do anything about this I hope they do though ~.~.

As for the super unbalanced characters, well theres nothing we can really do about it, though I must admit after being in a game where the whole dos team had nothing but ouka, (one guy even had 3 ouka it was ridiculous). The top player scored 10000 points without fail it was quite ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Melencholy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Melencholy

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:03 am

Xynno wrote:
Just read through the whole thing took awhile, but it was worth it. Your post in the cosmic break forums here and there are quite meaningful, and should be taken to heart by both the player base and the staff (really just them though >.>). I dunno what happened to the gms but they have almost entirely stopped communicating with the player base themselves, which is in itself a huge disadvantage to cyberstep, as people will complain of poor service and may eventually leave.

For the garapon, I also agree with this, having tune up materials which we can farm with ease shouldn't really be a prize or the fact that sometimes are too many prizes in the garapon like the ouka one. (Too many gold balls is not a good thing), but I doubt they'll do anything about this I hope they do though ~.~.

As for the super unbalanced characters, well theres nothing we can really do about it, though I must admit after being in a game where the whole dos team had nothing but ouka, (one guy even had 3 ouka it was ridiculous). The top player scored 10000 points without fail it was quite ridiculous.

I Read all of it. I Agree with everything to be honest. And Xynno pretty much said what i was gonna say. XD Cyberstep really has to listen to us and etc. At least..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 am

I read all of it, but our opinions won't matter, right? We're screaming at deaf ears.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:18 am

Comments

-Ivis was intended to be limited edition in the first place; in CBJP, she wasn't taken out because she was too strong...although maybe that's why she was limited edition in the first place.

-You make it sound as if CyberStep is screwed whatever they do.

-What they can do to promote Mission Mode is to apply a sort of "special reward" event like what CBJP did. See, back when CBJP first got Ouka, a special event was held for Mission mode: achieve a Target Score of 1800 points or higher in Scarlet Moon HARD and be eligible to win the sword of Ouka: Ouraikiri(which from what I see is a pretty good weapon since 1) all types could use it, 2) it's balanced so that the robo using it doesn't become Ouka 2.0, 3) you could sell it in the Bazaar. They did it again when they first released Lily Rain EVE, only with the EVE's Awakening mission.

The Boss Quest doesn't need promoting since a lot of people run it anyway due to the Scout Rifle and Custom Shotgun you can get.

Quest mode may need work, but that's less on CyberStep's part and more on a group of players willing to run through Arkantus to compile an up-to-date list of treasures every reset.

-Since they're putting in special weapons in the shop, they should probably make them more accessible to non-paying players. Then again, imagine everyone having Auto Beam Rifles.

-Make the Blue Ball prizes more desirable, yes. Stuff like Cosmo Regret Alphas or Overlimits would be nice. If they're insistent on leaving tune up prizes on the Blue Balls, at least make them the valuable ones like Rainbow Chips and Miracle Ammonites.

Quote :
I read all of it, but our opinions won't matter, right? We're screaming at deaf ears.
Tell me about it. I mean, their latest update had Rt versions of UC robots. Um...what? We need something to attract more players, not chase them away! How the hell are Rt versions of robots gonna help with the dwindling playerbase!?
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 am

I think cyberstep doesn't know how to run an MMO and are just guessing in what to do.

I read all of it and i don't agree with few parts.

1. UC players are not defenseless, in fact, there are 2 builds that are completely broken, are "better" than rt robots and should be nerfed (after they add some rt robots in uc version).

-Hoppers.
-Snailbot?. (Not sure about this one, i just heard about its ability).

Hoppers are extremely hard to aim and have a low cost, a single hopper can go against a whole team and defeat few of them before be destroyed, something only a 40 stat ivis (and maybe an skilled ouka) can do and only if that ivis is attacking a mob.

Snailbot have a missile that can go through the "tundra wall" (i think thats the name) wall. If i remember correctly the "tundra wall" map is the snow map with a big wall dividing the 2 bases with 2 entraces. So you can stay safe in your side, and use snailbot homing (i think they are homing) missiles to attack enemy and enemy base. I don't think there is another robot in the game that can attack enemy and be safe.

I thought that was a bug, and reported it to cyberstep, however they said thats how is supposed to work.

---

More robots should have UC versions but without slots, like bunny girls and frau adone. That would balance the game even if ivis/ouka/lily eve stay in garapon.

Cyberstep advertises the game as a moe robot girl fighting game, they should at least give few of those robots for UC, but of course without slots, so the players that want to get a stronger version would need to pay.

I don't think this game will last long unless they begin to do some changes.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:05 am

Read them all.Very detailed indeed.
For the star-player part.Ouka doesn't prove to be such a pain for me yet.(for reference, I mostly use winbell,lily rain and seraph crim/mostly Arts)

I'd like 2 things to change however.

1.Lag problem: Esp in epochs.I'm not sure if this is an international server but this is very serious.
2.More ways to charge Rt: If only I can buy Rt without credit cards or bank accounts..... Spending 10 USD a month at Rt
is sth I'd definately do.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:05 am

azz33 wrote:

1. UC players are not defenseless, in fact, there are 2 builds that are completely broken, are "better" than rt robots and should be nerfed (after they add some rt robots in uc version).

-Hoppers.
-Snailbot?. (Not sure about this one, i just heard about its ability).

Hoppers are extremely hard to aim and have a low cost, a single hopper can go against a whole team and defeat few of them before be destroyed, something only a 40 stat ivis (and maybe an skilled ouka) can do and only if that ivis is attacking a mob.

Snailbot have a missile that can go throught the "tundra wall" (i think thats the name) wall. If i remember correctly the "tundra wall" map is the snow map with a big wall dividing the 2 bases with 2 entraces. So you can stay safe in your side, and use snailbot homing (i think they are homing) missiles to attack enemy and enemy base. I don't think there is another robot in the game that can attack enemy and be safe.

I thought that was a bug, and reported it to cyberstep, however they said thats how is supposed to work.

1. Hoppers are NOT hard to aim and kill. In fact, Izuna Kamui can kill hoppers very easily with those wisps and there's a lot of her going around.

2. Locomotive X can do the exact same thing for less cost. Also Locomotive X is M-size.

(also there's a garapon version of snailbot, lmao)
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:26 am

Hyoka wrote:

1. Hoppers are NOT hard to aim and kill. In fact, Izuna Kamui can kill hoppers very easily with those wisps and there's a lot of her going around.

2. Locomotive X can do the exact same thing for less cost. Also Locomotive X is M-size.

I have seen my whole team going against a hopper and taking 2/3 minutes before destroy it and only for a 800 cost. Izuna kamui has homing beams but is easy to evade them if more at the last moment.

Everyone try to say they are not overpowered but hoppers always get in the top of the match.

The community of this game has decreased, from 700+ in beta to 500+ in the first days of full version and rigth now are around 300+, the least this game needs is people realizing they don't need rt for be first place.

Who needs ivis or ouka when you can have a free hopper and get to the top.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am

Hyoka wrote:

hoppers are overpowered they screw the homing system and give you a auto top 10("but i have a hopper and cant get to top 10 , they require skill" yeah please look for another game because you have no future on cb if you say that), i bet you are a hopper fag
Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong 20icb61
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:49 am

Vallyel wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

hoppers are overpowered they screw the homing system and give you a auto top 10("but i have a hopper and cant get to top 10 , they require skill" yeah please look for another game because you have no future on cb if you say that), i bet you are a hopper fag

I saw 500+ ~ 600+ people on at the same time today. Summing up 3 servers of course.

And hoppers are cool

2 asura amj + 2 fizi-sth heads(the 1 with a grenade main weapon) + accel saber = profitz

Just dreamin', i don even have half an asura amj Mad ,but my accel saber already kicks ass now.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 pm

shinigami wrote:
but my accel saber already kicks ass now.

what can i say ...

your parents must realy be proud of you
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Vallyel wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Thats an epic image.

---

But really, hoppers are a broken build superior to most of "broken rt robots".

And the worst of all, those are a broken free robot.

The game is full of these, in a wiz vs brd at least 3 are hoppers, most of the time 5+.

If cyberstep wants to fix the game they have to solve the hopper problem first because no one will spend money when can get to the top 10 with a free robot.

Add rt robots to UC without slots and fix the hopper robot.

But that wont happen because cyberstep doesn't seem to like to fix broken robots so probably the game community will keep dropping after the game become "hopperbreak".
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 pm

"Learn to adapt"

Sure there are places where you get ticked off;
But its not like there aren't a hundred other people ticked off about it too.
And they all fall under the same circumstances.

Person 1:"Oh noe RT too expensive"
Me: "You don't even buy RT."
Person 2: "Cuz itz too expenziv!"
Me: "The whole point of RT is to support the company, they could of gone far enough to make it so you don't get anything when you donate to Cyberstep."
Person 1 AND 2: "RT 2 Xpenzuve! HERP DERP HERP"

Person 1 AND 2: "Hao u get dat?"
Me: "I donated to cybertstep, and they were kind enough to give something in return."

Person 1 and 2 still sucks in arena, quest, and mission mode till this day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 pm

I don't expect little kids to man up that early, you know. They're kids, they still have to learn about discipline and stuff.

The idiots who whine have no excuse.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 pm

I've got no problem spending $$ on a game I love...did it with Exteel buying some in-game skills and my beloved Rocket Roulette A weapon, among other things....

...only thing preventing me from doing the same here presently is the lack of a job...still...; but no worries, as soon as I fix that situation up, I can set to finishing work on my Pulsardio/Bugsycait hybrid!

I was a bit surprised, though, at the drop from 5 to 3 servers...maybe they're doing live stress testing for some unknown update?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:06 pm

azz33 wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

I have seen my whole team going against a hopper and taking 2/3 minutes before destroy it and only for a 800 cost. Izuna kamui has homing beams but is easy to evade them if more at the last moment.

Everyone try to say they are not overpowered but hoppers always get in the top of the match.

The community of this game has decreased, from 700+ in beta to 500+ in the first days of full version and rigth now are around 300+, the least this game needs is people realizing they don't need rt for be first place.

Aww Cmon,Hoppers are not that hard to kill actually,its the noobs who chase the hoppers (and don't know how to counter it)

and the Snailbot is fine as it is,ever tried its core seige missles? those things are pathetically weak
hitting for like 10 damage per missle,15 to air,and its still damn hard to hit with those things (since they dont home and the enemy would have moved away already)
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 pm

Its pretty ironic that burners arts main soucre of defence get nerfed and the gattling bazooka another art weapon get nerfed but never do anything air or land related get nerf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Vallyel wrote:
i bet you are a hopper fag
He's in BRD, so he probably is.

Desu wrote:
Person 1 AND 2: "Hao u get dat?"
Me: "I donated to cybertstep, and they were kind enough to give something in return."

Person 1 and 2 still sucks in arena, quest, and mission mode till this day.
HEY GUYS, IF YOU DON'T THROW MONIES AT CS YOU WILL SUCK AT THIS GAME. GOLLY GEE, ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL?
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 pm

well da broker bots are more annoying than broken ha a hoppper lets crowd him and get in the way of da art shooting him in da back as I spam in chat getf away from da hopper and let me shoot it

jikuns ony problem is when they cause epic lag wtf cyber step LLLAAGGG -__-

(art in da back killing hoppers usualy me)

garapon just make it more organized its terrible how hard is it to do this

artily garapon normal teir only arts and art weapons and maybe 2 be a asshole still tunes ups

air garapon normal teir same thing

land garapon

land garapon special specail teir more powerful weapons more powerful bots more cost

HOW FUCKING HARD IS DAT

I DONT WANT TO GO GARAPON AND GET SOME DAMN support WEAPON OR BOT I DONT WANT and will never use
Back to top Go down
ywxiao

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 am

Read the whole thing, one point I felt the need to comment on.

Hyoka wrote:
Garapon is a gambling machine, and with that, it's obviously going to be hard to receive what you want. However, in an attempt to offset people crying about "getting nothing", all Garapon machines (with the exception of English Service's Chibi Garapon) have tune-up sets as the "worst" available prize. It was not received well by the English Community however, as the truth is that all tune-up items can be more than easily obtained by quest mode, arena matches and boss runs. The English service staff, to this date, have only replied to this problem with the Chibi Garapon. However, it does not solve the point of getting tune-up items from other machines, including the Moe Gara and the Mecha Gara. It appears that the English Service staff are unwilling to listen to further complaints about this as it will most likely end up in a drop of their revenue.

I actually thought the Garapon was a fun way to increase the variety of units seen in game. Since it would take a unreasonable amount of money to go for one specific unit, therefore people are left to content with using whatever their luck gets them......at least in CBJP.

In CBEN the problem is that with the exception of a few selected units, the majority of the "Prizes" are worthless.

I don't want to start a rant, so I'll leave you to finish whatever you have to say
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:09 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Its pretty ironic that burners arts main soucre of defence get nerfed and the gattling bazooka another art weapon get nerfed but never do anything air or land related get nerf

we have huge war between Wiz and BRD last night and i confirm that Art totally pwned.
you said their wep got nerf down? hell pile of Art stacking up ain't pretty
Air can't enter their firing range and Lnd can't manage to get close to them.

Art will be good as dead if they're alone or didn't have good backup.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:34 am

FreedomFighter wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

we have huge war between Wiz and BRD last night and i confirm that Art totally pwned.
you said their wep got nerf down? hell pile of Art stacking up ain't pretty
Air can't enter their firing range and Lnd can't manage to get close to them.

Art will be good as dead if they're alone or didn't have good backup.

ok let me refraise dat I want da burners not 2 be nerfed and da gattling bazooka not to be nerfed so arts are over powered =D

just cause a games balanced dosent = fun Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 am

Nisa wrote:
azz33 wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Aww Cmon,Hoppers are not that hard to kill actually,its the noobs who chase the hoppers (and don't know how to counter it)

and the Snailbot is fine as it is,ever tried its core seige missles? those things are pathetically weak
hitting for like 10 damage per missle,15 to air,and its still damn hard to hit with those things (since they dont home and the enemy would have moved away already)

I rather enjoy my Snailbot...with some tweaking, a lot of spare parts(including a Walrus Lg) and some patience, it's a nice (very) long-range siege/harasser art bot; I've seen some matches with 3 or 4 of these, including mine, on one team filling the sky with snail-core missles...they may not be powerful, but enough of them can de-moralize a group and wreak havoc on slower bots, not to mention keep PS defenders busy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:16 am

ywxiao wrote:
Read the whole thing, one point I felt the need to comment on.

Hyoka wrote:
Garapon is a gambling machine, and with that, it's obviously going to be hard to receive what you want. However, in an attempt to offset people crying about "getting nothing", all Garapon machines (with the exception of English Service's Chibi Garapon) have tune-up sets as the "worst" available prize. It was not received well by the English Community however, as the truth is that all tune-up items can be more than easily obtained by quest mode, arena matches and boss runs. The English service staff, to this date, have only replied to this problem with the Chibi Garapon. However, it does not solve the point of getting tune-up items from other machines, including the Moe Gara and the Mecha Gara. It appears that the English Service staff are unwilling to listen to further complaints about this as it will most likely end up in a drop of their revenue.

I actually thought the Garapon was a fun way to increase the variety of units seen in game. Since it would take a unreasonable amount of money to go for one specific unit, therefore people are left to content with using whatever their luck gets them......at least in CBJP.

In CBEN the problem is that with the exception of a few selected units, the majority of the "Prizes" are worthless.

I don't want to start a rant, so I'll leave you to finish whatever you have to say

People aren't content with what their luck gets them, hence complaints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong   Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Break English Service: Gone Wrong
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next