Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~

Go down 
+25
reVelske
Midona
MightyPeanut
RoboFranky
Ichijo
Tryrant
Desu
Lime
Intet
azz33
Oyaji
IcyKing
CapeMike
Z741
Feign
Idontlive
Gigaknight
udon-GE
Nisa
Jello
shinigami
rei_hunter
NovaZero
necrio
(´・ω・`)
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

Lily Rain Eve's here!There goes all the despair, hope is shining upon us!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 am

necrio wrote:
Feign wrote:
Yeah, the game is fun. Hell, it's so fun it distracted 4chan from an invasion and turned the invaders into fans rather than just trolls. That right there is a proper measure of a fun game.

Like others, I went over to CBJP during the beta downtime. I had plenty of warning and no illusions as to what to expect from the Live service. Even though I have lots of Rt in CBUS and only what I can convert in CBJP, I still jump over there from time to time to get by butt whooped on my UC bots. Even then, it's still fun.

Necrio: We beat you to it, that Union is DOS. Razz
I was DOS in the OBTs
still a DOS at heart, only a WIZ for the free stuff (and zerglings)

I shall be the fun ambassador of the WIZ union!

You make me wanna join DOS Q_Q
Back to top Go down
IcyKing
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyKing

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:26 am

dont be like that Nisa, we are WIZ, we cant back down with some words like that... be strong my mate... :]
Back to top Go down
Oyaji
Oyaji

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:30 am

I'm having fun now with my frog, I just pick off weak enemies and rambo my way to their base.
Not to mention that it's hilarious to kill a full HP ART from point blank, and pure entertainment whenever my name showed up on the top 3

How to penetrate the opponent's defense as fast and as silent as possible?
How can I polish my rambo skills further?
How to lure those greedy bots to chase me to the PS?
How do I screw those lone ARTs sniping from the heights?
How do I quickly escape from a barrage of AIR attacks and head to the nearest meat shield?

Every arena session is a new challenge for me, and of course, full of rambo style suicidal fun Cool
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Nisa wrote:
You make me wanna join DOS Q_Q
Quick, read some of Fullthrottles's old posts about how horribly unfun it is to get 3rd place because the Union doesn't take the game as seriously as WIZ...

Yes, Full wanted DOS to be more like WIZ...

...Wished a fate I wouldn't wish on my enemies... On his allies...

I were mad.
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Game is quite empty and all i see is a "lol my free hopper gets to the first place, i wont spend money on this game".
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Lol wut? I only notice a handful of hoppers. As to say, I see the same names doing the scrub shuffle killing rookies in the matches I play. They don't seem to make people quit either, just get some serious hate. Hopping typically leads to the whole team shooting at the hopper to burn it down in moments.

This thread= distorted human perceptions.
Back to top Go down
Lime
Lime

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 am

Well, as a player perfectly new to the game (only been around like a week or so.). and at team PvP online games in GENERAL. I'll give my two cents. In most of the MMORPGS i played i usually hate pvp... but this game changed me. This is the point of view of someone totally new to this genre:

It's pretty freaking fun. Learning the tricks of the trade one by one has been really entertaining for me so far. Tried out several guns on my artillery and air types to find worked best with my panicked shooting playstyle. I started off always finishing matches in the 20-29 ranks but I'm slowly starting to occasionally land in the 10-20 ranks in battles now.

I always get this strange sense of satisfaction when I come up with a new idea. (or common sense according to 'pros') When i'm about to fall in battle, instead of turning around and landing one more hit, i lure them a bit closer to team members in the hopes of them saving me or at the very least killing them in my stead. Its kinda mean but when my air type is running out of boost i land behind larger allies for a second of safety, then pay him/her back by helping defending him/her from the onslaught. my current project is learning how to use items efficiently, a difficult task for a gamepad user. I did land a pretty good firestorm hit today though. I also need to memorize when i need to change guns for certain units.

On the other hand, im concerned how higher lv/ rank play and community is going to be like. Ego and impatience ain't gonna help me or anyone. Also, though i can afford RT, im concerned just how important those super special awesome Garapon bots are for pro-level play. RT bots is one thing that i can accept, but if i need to gamble due to something like "vote-kick anyone without a Garapon robot". Then i won't be around long.

I don't know how this game compares to others under the 'team pvp-based' umbrella. but for me, i love what this game is. I like the feeling of working with a group to take on another group, i like saving someone who's on the ropes, and i like how i can win a match even though i personally sucked. It's not as hard on me like the usual fighting game and stuff.

Also. Cute lady-bots. <3 Razz
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:42 am

Lime wrote:
"vote-kick anyone without a Garapon robot"

You probably dont have to worry about this, cause it probably wont happen. (90% sure)
After you get used to the looks of the UC/drop bots check some of the top 1-5 players in the rooms you play in...
..most of the time you will see that 2-3 of them are UC/drop bot users or that they only got a few rt parts on them.
(probably from surveys and stuff like that or simply the rankup reward rt)

(the last 10% is cause I never seen Ivis and Lily Eve so far.. but I really dont think they gonna completely scrap the whole game as it is.)
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about Ivis/Ouka once more Bugsycaits get into circulation...shock tonfa/blade/shield for the win.... Wink

Still can't figure out how Hoppers -do- that...; bought a Froglander myself, put a few levels on it, then gave it Short Boost and tried it in the training arena...how the frak do they HIT things while bouncing all over the place like that? *shrug* ...'course, this may be me once again losing accuracy the -closer- I get to things(you really don't want to see me with a blaster/shotgun).... >_<

Either way, I'm sticking around, and, at the risk of sounding cynical, maybe it's the 'win or else' attitude that's recently been beaten into people's heads...in my case(being 38) it's the other way around...I generally -expect- to lose, so despite my complaints, it's just me being me....

...now if I could just scrounge the rt together to get a store Bugsy.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Oh noes Cosmic break is dying...
Wait no its just the shitty players whom whine too damn much to not adapt to builds that are leaving.
Its just getting better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Oh, I'm trying to adapt...just isn't easy when you're pretty much shoe-horned into one role(Support) due to an unfortuate lack of skill with just about everything else...but I'm admitting it, at least...that's gotta count for something! Smile

...although, the Shino I stuck a pair of Squealer arms and Squealer legs on along with an 8-Vulcan and Viper Shield is kinda fun...trying to teach myself melee on Arcantus runs, but it isn't the same with cpu opponents.... <_<;
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 am

In all honesty to me it seems to be getting better since about a few days before patch there was like what 300-400 people maybe on? Now it has gone up to 400 - 500 now. The people that leave are people that QQ about slow release (lawl beta) or too much rt bots that are ridiculous; even though jikun, destruct cn, and a friggen helengal (sorry if I killed the name) can destroy any person that uses a ton of cash just with a brain ( or a high torrent for jikun).
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 am

Tryrant wrote:
In all honesty to me it seems to be getting better since about a few days before patch there was like what 300-400 people maybe on? Now it has gone up to 400 - 500 now. The people that leave are people that QQ about slow release (lawl beta) or too much rt bots that are ridiculous; even though jikun, destruct cn, and a friggen helengal (sorry if I killed the name) can destroy any person that uses a ton of cash just with a brain ( or a high torrent for jikun).
Heh, yeah; anytime I see a pack of 3-4 Helingals together, I go the other way as fast as possible...it's like watching a swarm of piranha moving in for the kill, and it's very unlikely you'll be avoiding THAT many pulse missles!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:30 am

I miss my auto beam rifle, but on the other hand I try new weapons almost every arena. Like handy magnus, shotguns and machine guns. Too bad seraph is too costly to fool around.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm

From what I see, CBEN is getting popular dramatically.
So many more ppl are joining.
Still, I'm just playing for teh lulz. Just having fun. Y need to be serious for a game? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Grab a buncha friends and have a Cannon Baller only war in team fight. Fun stuff
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Thing is there is too many way to make broken bots. Balance is nearly inexistent in this game (a lot of LND units are useless if they are not in the Mighty-Ouka-Jikun-hopper quatuor and in the opposite, bots like Seraph or Shaden can do easily 3 stars-crown just flying around and firin).

And this fact will be even more annoying with the upcome of the dreadful ivis.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Midona wrote:
Thing is there is too many way to make broken bots. Balance is nearly inexistent in this game (a lot of LND units are useless if they are not in the Mighty-Ouka-Jikun-hopper quatuor and in the opposite, bots like Seraph or Shaden can do easily 3 stars-crown just flying around and firin).

And this fact will be even more annoying with the upcome of the dreadful ivis.

...unless, of course, you're me, and are -SO- bad at melee that even Ivis and the Jikuns are effectively useless to you...junked my rank-up Jikun out of a combination of spite and frustration after being unable to hit anything but the slowest cpu targets in Arcantus...'least I got some point out of it! <_<;

...and I wish I knew what I was doing wrong in the air...even the Plasma Gun is doing me little good...emptied nearly 80% of it's ammo count in a match earlier..I MAY have gotten 8-12 hits out of it....

Guess I'm just not meant for offensive action at anything but extreme range, heh. Smile
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Player skill and competence levels affect the overall performance between teams significantly more than imbalanced bots though, in that sense, there will always be imbalance in the game, not unlike that of most other team based multiplayer games out there. IMHO, the bot imbalance is about as bad as, say, Demoman in TF2 back in the days (not sure if that's been balanced now), a demoman in the right hands is absolutely retarded (especially if you have a team of them), but in pubbies, it hardly matters. A demoman in a casual player's hands is no more threatening than any other class, much like how an Ouka in the hand of a newbie is less threatening than a Jikun (open to debate of course). There's the matter of ease of play (though Destructors would probably top that chart), but in the end of the day, it's the players that make things "imbalanced", not the bots, it's the players that turn good bots into "GOD TIER" "I CAN'T KILL THIS SHIT" bots, and it's never possible to balance player competence level unless it's done in some serious clan vs clan matches.

And Ivis is still not visible within the horizon, in the mean time, let's just worry about what calamity dear little Lily Rain EVE will bring upon the savage world of CBEN.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Guess my main problem is that, for as long as I can remember in any similar game, I've always fallen into a support/defensive role that requires as little movement as possible...; stick me in a unit/role that can spy on and/or hit something halfway across the map and/or act in a coordination/spotter role, and then I can usually do pretty well....

Not many of those roles possible here in CB without a bundle of Rt or a LOT of luck(i.e., Garapon), but I just keep on trying...besides, I figure it's pretty embarassing to the other guy on the rare occasion I either manage to get away or beat 'em...and that makes it worthwhile! Smile
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 pm

I have to say, I enjoy the little sneak bots that go behind and empty a clip of machinegun into the enemy flanks. Especially shadow hunter, who has stealth system installed below level 5. Not even hopping.
Back to top Go down
hozuki
Newcomer
Newcomer
hozuki

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:16 am

hmmm. a mighty byne robot with C.S voice = FUN .with that CBEN not going to die soon Razz
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 am

I can't hop worth a damn.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:46 am

good to know that someone is having fun , cause there is people raging so hard

CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 Boytitan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~   CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CBEN is dy- I'm having fun!~
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next