Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?

Go down 
+5
Suguri
NumeroDoS
hyorinryu
Vartio
Raven
9 posters
AuthorMessage

How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? Empty
PostSubject: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 am

Alright, I'm dying to get a beam machinegun, which is somewhere in Bastagant.
I've tried to solo Berzelius, and I've wasted 25 minutes just to shoot him down, and failed big time.
So then I partied with Kasane_Teto, and I got lost, and then I eventually found my way to Berzelius in the Arena to find that the boss is reduced to near nothing, I couldn't find my way to Berzilius and then he died.
(BTW, sorry for being late, and not able to shoot Berzelius)

Then I heard news about that shiny big epic looking sword. It was apparently called "Haku's Sword", Drool...

So, now I have decided to spend more time on Bastagant (Epic 1000+ exp in less than 30minutes, Better than around 300 exp per hour).

So I need a guide on how to beat the Proto arks, (Of course, soloing them is not an option).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:26 am

Berzelius: Support robot with dual shotguns + rapid fire bit.
Haku: Shotgun and 3-way knife. Specific types of fox are weak to certain types of weapon, like green one is weak against shotgun. The final form is weak to both.
Fractulus: No idea, my guild mate said blaster is the way to go.

And yes, Haku sword is great. You'd get addicted to it once you've tasted it.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 am

Berz: AIR with dual Blasters/Shotguns; SUP with dual Shotguns/Burst Fire Bit; certified missile spamming ART such as the Sturbanger series (screw performance, you want DPS here). If you can't get such an ART, then another AIR with dual shotguns is the way to go.

Frac: Only done this guy once. I basically used the same setup as Berz. I hear Blasters are more effective than shotguns here though.

Haku: There's a couple guides already here. In a nutshell: Any type of melee, such as the common 3-way dagger, for every form except the green and burning forms. Shotgun for those. Common bots include but are not limited to Red Squealer and the Jikun siblings.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 am

Berz:

3 Players with AIR with Custom Shotguns (dropped by 2* Fract) x2 on each. (They should run Air-Air-Training)
1 Support, same as above, with Burst Fire Bit. Should have high Fly stat.

Fract:
3 AIR, decent fly stat (I've done it with Crimrose as my 2nd unit), Custom Shotguns or regular shotguns can hit for 80-100 in the right spots on platforms. Suggested they have good teamwork for a certain group of mobs. Blasters are NOT as good as people think here, I've used both.

Haku:
1 AIR, 2 LND (if hunting Keys)
2 LND + Training whore (if focusing on Haku)
1 Red Squealer + 1 LND + Training whore.

Best setup in UC: Jikun Legs (hu or Long) + 3-Way Dagger + Custom Shotgun.
Reasoning: Jikun legs beat down the Blue haku, 3-way eats almost everything, shotguns hit Red and Green forms.
Air Is NOT suggested to be alive during form 1. If you get it in form 1, LET IT DIE. You'll waste more time than if you died for the WHOLE team.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Not really, as long as you don't make Haku Fly out of your teammates reach, it's fine. Just don't fly while he's locking on to people.

Also, I would like to add the the fire Haku close range burners only work from the front. If you get behind him, you can do whatever you want, provided you dash back when he does those huge explosions.

Not sure if it's been said already, but if you're careful you can damage the final Haku form with the shotgun while he's hiding behind his tornado wall. Come close enough when to hit him but far enough to avoid the winds(you'll know because at a certain distance they start popping up.) Once you get into range, start strafing(clone Hakus will attack you) and fire.

It probably works with any weapon with enough range, but I said shotgun because that's what people usually use. For reference the shotguns range is 130.

EDIT: meant to post this in the Haku guide. You might still find it useful though.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Vartio wrote:

Air Is NOT suggested to be alive during form 1. If you get it in form 1, LET IT DIE. You'll waste more time than if you died for the WHOLE team.

I believe I already mentioned in that other thread that a Float Dashing AIR will do just as well, if not better, as any LND. =.=

EDIT: Super multiple edits because I got confused with editing and replying >.<

Last edited by NumeroDoS on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Vartio wrote:

I believe I already mentioned in that other thread that a Float Dashing AIR will do just as well, if not better, as any LND. =.=

Floating dash isn't on every air though now is it? That aside, they're still liabilities imho.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Well, that's true. It just irks me because the way you talk about AIRs going up against the first form is like you're telling everyone that they're utter crap.

Well, whatever. To each on his own.
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:41 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Well, that's true. It just irks me because the way you talk about AIRs going up against the first form is like you're telling everyone that they're utter crap.

Well, whatever. To each on his own.

They're not utter crap, they're just a liability of time because:

A: 90% of Airs suck at STR. Cuts down the damage 3-way deals.

B: Those without Float dash take too much time to dodge haku, and/or reach him. Wherein a LND or Sup can get in 2 hits of 3-ways after a stab consistently, an Air could only get 1 at best. Speed at reaching Haku is a necessity.

C: Air Dash can be a little difficult to control. This can result in the "best scenario" for Airs in B as listed.

Edit 2:
D: And this is a bit of a blast from the future. If your Air lacks a standardized melee, guess what happens when it comes time you need to fight Bubble form?

Edit 3.5:
E: Oh yeah, let's not forget that for every Air-lunge he makes, he'll waste roughly 1-5 seconds of time falling before you can get him from 3-ways, that is presuming you don't end up making him ground-lunge from the air, then jump up again for him to air lunge AGAIN.

Edit 3:
Tl;Dr: If you can keep alive, you can solo all the way PAST bubble form without any heavy problems, even without beating a life, even if it only sends you or you solo it, IF YOU DON'T USE AN AIR. Unless you're running Frau legs, you WILL end up having to die as an Air or else at some point you won't do crap.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:15 pm

Vartio wrote:

Edit 3:
Tl;Dr: If you can keep alive, you can solo all the way PAST bubble form without any heavy problems, even without beating a life, even if it only sends you or you solo it, IF YOU DON'T USE AN AIR. Unless you're running Frau legs, you WILL end up having to die as an Air or else at some point you won't do crap.
Please explain how I solo'd with Tesladonna. Has my favorite bot been a land type this whole time without me knowing? ;o
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Suguri wrote:
Vartio wrote:

Edit 3:
Please explain how I solo'd with Tesladonna. Has my favorite bot been a land type this whole time without me knowing? ;o

You either got lucky on time (legitimate), or he dropped that damn bubble a lot ;o. That or the Thuder Kick IS melee. Or you changed the legs. Which is it lol.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Vartio wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Vartio wrote:

Edit 3:

You either got lucky on time (legitimate), or he dropped that damn bubble a lot ;o. That or the Thuder Kick IS melee. Or you changed the legs. Which is it lol.

Left arm was Tesla AM3 holding a shotgun. Right arm was Ace Braver AM holding a Slash Blade. LG was 3-slot Laz LG with attached 3-slot Ace Braver BS.

Also, Slayer Bits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Suguri wrote:
Left arm was Tesla AM3 holding a shotgun. Right arm was Ace Braver AM holding a Slash Blade. LG was 3-slot Laz LG with attached 3-slot Ace Braver BS.

Also, Slayer Bits.
And they say airs fail at melee... *sigh*
I too, usually go melee air setup when Haku-ing.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Vartio wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:
Vartio wrote:

Floating dash isn't on every air though now is it? That aside, they're still liabilities imho.

>Pull out Crimrose
>Put on Slash Blade
>3-shot Haku First Form

Problem LNDs?
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Abuse WB immunity for Haku's attacks... if you can master the timing for nuke fox you can even immune that (by spamming WB on and off at the right time)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Dune wrote:
Abuse WB immunity for Haku's attacks... if you can master the timing for nuke fox you can even immune that (by spamming WB on and off at the right time)
Which isn't terribly hard to get the timing down for, just activate slightly under a second after he holds the staff vertically.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Protip: Swordstaff and Domiclown AM hits through the walls.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 am

knyx wrote:
Protip: Swordstaff and Domiclown AM hits through the walls.
As stated earlier, there's plenty of stuff that hits him through the walls. I know Metal Slayers can, and they have 38 range. I think sonic blades can too, but don't quote me on that. If they can, they're probably the shortest-range weapon that can.

Also, random thought; Zero Stepping with a Combi Dagger must put Haku in a world of pure hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 am

To me, Haku is a gigantic oversized and overpowered Izuna with nine tails. Epic, I wonder What's the relation with him/her and Izuna.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:21 am

LXE wrote:
To me, Haku is a gigantic oversized and overpowered Izuna with nine tails. Epic, I wonder What's the relation with him/her and Izuna.
Her ancestors had strong bond with ancient Arks, mostly the Ark of Fate, Haku. At least that's what her description said.
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 am

Vartio wrote:

They're not utter crap, they're just a liability of time because:

A: 90% of Airs suck at STR. Cuts down the damage 3-way deals.

B: Those without Float dash take too much time to dodge haku, and/or reach him. Wherein a LND or Sup can get in 2 hits of 3-ways after a stab consistently, an Air could only get 1 at best. Speed at reaching Haku is a necessity.
i disagree it is possible to get 2 hit of 3-way after a stab without using float dash with a small air bot(i use my seraph).
the method is the same with land the only difference is that you need to fly low and need to know when to land.
step1:let him charge to you and dodge
step2:get close
step2:attack with 3 way
step3:when he lower spear,dodge and use 3 way
step4:fly low to the ground and chase him repeat step3

if donne right he will never aim you when on air and you wont have the problem anymore that he gonna charge in to the sky.

in some bosses air are worser/equil/better then land (sometimes my jikun is beter then my seraph and vice versa(=the other way around))

i have seen some land people being better and worser then me on haku but saying that one is better is wrong.

EDIT: @LXE i have made my own haku guide feel free to read it and put your comment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?   How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you beat the Bastagant Proto Arks?
Page 1 of 1