Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing

Go down 
+6
fhoeng
Abemon
RistoReipas
StickyKeys
griffen
xeon5
10 posters
AuthorMessage
xeon5

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Empty
PostSubject: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 5:53 am

Quote :
Polygon Edit is a built in tools in Cosmic break under 'paint' that allow players to change their head models, with restriction to size and poly points

About me:

Im one of the very few players that plays with the poly editing, guide was created hoping to see more works by ENCB players and requested from many players
u can see my work here : https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t2182-ket-s-original-wtf-skin-updated-21-1

If you are reading this, you probably

A) Want to make a awesome head but no clue where to start
B) Read this becoz theres nth better to do
C) A guide by Ket!! OMFG!#$!
D) For the troll!

Assuming that u are either A or C, continue reading.....

However to do this it require:
-> Cosmic break player
-> Understand the in game 'paint' tool
-> You have the patience, it took mins to hours to create something
-> Understand polygons is a plus, but not necessary as im noob on it either

However if anyone manage to get any external model software to work, please share it =3

For our 1st example, we will use Cacpetus HD making it into a flower basket as it offer one of the most basic model. Below is the pic of the screenshot of the volunteer u will see in game:

AS THIS IS JUST THE BASIC LESSON, YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THE DEFAULT CAMERA VIEW TO PREVENT CONFUSION! (left right top down front back. In fact i only use default view for most of my work)

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur10

The red circles are the poly points u see in the FRONT view. It is very important to know the poly points in the respective view position

When u switch the view, u notice the poly points change as well:

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur11

So how do you know what points to edit? this is where the left camera come in handy. When u select a point and move it, the changes will appear in the left as well. If it is not the point u want to edit, just click redo and click another point.

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur12

Before your start, it helps to understand the HD and know what are the parts that are'detachable' Meaning points that can be remove without affecting the overall HD. Having more detachable points allows the model to contain more details as those can be turn to other stuff without affecting the 'general' poly. (An example would be the floating cross on my pedograve)
Most of the time identify detachable points require trial and error or guessing, but i can tell you for our cacpetus HD the eyes are detacble ;3

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur15

So lets say, you want to turn the head into a Squarish flower basket. (Making circles are complex and its for advance lesson)

So, 1st we going to create a concave. Select all the top layer of polys and drag it down:
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur13
You will see that a 'hole' is created on the left screen.

Select all the polys, and move the head upward
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur14

To make the basket look nicer drag select the polys at the btm and drag it a little towards the center in FRONT OR BACK view
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur16

Do the same with the LEFT OR RIGHT view
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur17

Drag all the btm poly and push them upwards
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur18

You will notice a mysterious black box appear, thats the box that appear when u use capectus bullet attack. However we will use it as a stand instead

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur19
If you rotate the view, u also notice alot of weird rendering appear. This is becoz of the 'layers' of the poly overlap with another 'layer'. This usually occur with bad moving of polys, or unless u wanted the effect on purpose.

To resolve it, simple move the poly points to somewhere so it doesnt overlap. For this situation, this is easiest done in BOTTOM view. ( Solving layers issue is very common and require lots of trial and error. The error here can actually prevented with some changes in the previous step. Can you find out what it is?)
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur20
All the poly points with red circle need to be move towards center

Now to remove the eyes, which are excess in this situation, u either drag it all the way to a corner or you hide it in a 'fat body'. As we doesnt have a 'fat body' here, drag it to a corner so it will be disappear to human eyes.

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur21

Now all that left is coloring:
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur22

Now just need to throw in the flower ribbon and shift the poly a bit to make it better match, heres the finish product:
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Captur23

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

And this marks the end of the guide =3

Conclusion
-> Use the left screen to identify the points needed
-> Try to understand how each points affect the overall model
-> Important to identify the 'detachable' 1st
-> Move 'excess' to corner of screen to make it disappear
-> Poly edits requires lotsa trial and error, so i recommend stick to the few models as you know the limits and flexibility provided. After cacetus a good HD to practise is Pararoid or Cyberoid.

The way use to make the basket is actually not the most efficient way, I hope you can find out why :p

Any problems regarding to editing u can leave a post here or find me in game. If you wish to look at the basket before u try it u can find me too Very Happy If theres a demand for more advance stuff like how i created my pepen or ramen stall, i might make the advance guide Very Happy
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Fear his pepens ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 am

OMG!!! PLEASE SHOW US HOW TO MAKE A PEPEN PILOTING THE PEMECH!!! XDDDDDD
YOU'RE SO TOTALLY FULL OF AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Nice guide! Does this apply to body too?
Back to top Go down
RistoReipas
RistoReipas

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Nice Images Smile
I would like to add some poly selecting controls since I didnt noticed them.
  • left click (Select poly)
  • shift + left click (adds poly to your selection)
  • ctrl + left click (select polygroup)
  • ctrl + shift + left click (adds polygroup to your selection)
  • Holding shift while turning/moving camera will prevent loosing your selection.

NOTE: In some heads like Cyberoid HD. When moving a polygroup. it will break connection to other polys. By this, I dont mean moving the eyes and the neck. They are already "free" from the head part... Its better to test it yourself. Break it and Reset.

StickyKeys wrote:
Nice guide! Does this apply to body too?
Sadly only head part's polygons are editable.
Back to top Go down
Abemon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Abemon

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:23 am

Can someone help me out it seem that i cannot see the poly point confused
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 am

Abemon wrote:
Can someone help me out it seem that i cannot see the poly point confused

there is a skin edit and a polygon edit button when you choose to edit the HD. try clicking them.
Back to top Go down
js27091994
js27091994

Male Posts : 66

PostSubject: .   Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

Last edited by js27091994 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:57 am

I can't see poly point too. It looks like some graphic adaptor problems.
Back to top Go down
Bayonette
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 185

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 am

Say, could you give us the list of HD parts that can edit their polygon?
Back to top Go down
Abemon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Abemon

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 am

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Untitl11

What I actually mean is this Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Abemon wrote:
Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Untitl11

What I actually mean is this Rolling Eyes

I second this. I don't see polypoints on mine either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing    Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ket's Guide to Basic poly editing
Page 1 of 1