Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full's guide to getting Airs up and running

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Full's guide to getting Airs up and running Empty
PostSubject: Full's guide to getting Airs up and running   Full's guide to getting Airs up and running EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 pm

This is my first guide for actual bots and info in here may or may not be accurate or could use improvements due to my inexperience with airs and how they function. So let's gets started.

Control + F as needed.

What is an Air bot? [AIR01]

What do they do? [AIR02]

What do they do? (support) [AIR03]

How to win! [AIR04]

Types of Air bots [AIR05]

[AIR01] What is an air bot?

An Air bot is a bot that can stay in the air and nail opponents on the ground or on ledges. Airs have many uses that will be further explained later on and how their usefulness is important to the success of the team.

[AIR02] What do they do?

Airs do what they do best by flying around and nailing guys on ledges and on the ground. Air's greatest power is harassment and that should be used to their tactical advantage. Air doesn't have enough tech to kill the opposition nor do they have the strength for a full on assault. So airs are the hardest to use effectively. L-Air's are generally easy to run since mounting a stardust on it mean it becomes an Airtillery. I'm going to be talking about S/M size Airs since those really are the hardest to use in my opinion.

[AIR03] What do they do? (support)

Supporting your Lands and arts is one of the easiest things to do for airs. Sure you more than likely won't kill the units you're shooting on, but you will however, you will annoy whatever you're shooting at to change targets to you and at this point you'd probably want to turn tail and run; Rinse and repeat for easy best supporter.

[AIR04] How to win!

I can only give my advice on how I've seen airs be used effectively and this is by no means a set-in-stone guide for anyone. Winning with Airs means you must flank and repeatedly hammer your opponent. Since your boost gauge will run out, first thing you wanna do is to find a nice ledge to land on continuously w/o any enemy troops near said ledge. After securing a ledge you will need to start finding a near by opponent and start hitting it with your weapons all while hovering near the ledge area. Don't stray too far or you will end up destroyed by lands. Air's weakness is the boost gauge running out. So to counteract this, people generally get propeller bits. But to make prop bits effective, you should tune str and tech. By doing so, you will increase your beam gun's power, or whatever weapon you're using, and it will help you a lot more thank you know. 15 is about a decent number for tuning your str and tech. get them both at or near there and your prop bits will do just fine.

[AIR05] Types of Bots!

Air's infamous arsenal includes:

Izuna Kamui - annoying as hell and a very good bot to use. You can get to max flying height easily.

Mecha Jetter/Mecha Jetter Girl - Essetially the same thing only one is cute. I personally prefer MGJ just cause.

Baltheon - The infamous shield bot that camps with stardusts. Melee it and it dies.

Crimrose - best used with Accel Roll and Float Dash carts. JP crims are notorious for using Accel Roll to outmaneuver arts and lands.

Thora Nimblus - Thunder is amazing. All I have to say.

I'm not listing all the bots, just a few of them since I don't really have the time to make a complete guide But the info should be satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Full's guide to getting Airs up and running   Full's guide to getting Airs up and running EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 am

YOU HAVE COMMITED THE SIN OF NOT REFERENCING SHA-
owait its S/M bots

An extra tip for Izuna Kamui / Nagi

Try to fly in tight circles over the enemy powerspot while spamming tailwisps. That will put you in a blind spot from which the camped artilleries are incapable of aiming their missiles at you, and their auto lockon subs will only hit their own powerspot, while you continuously rain down homing beams from your BS.

In short, YOU ARE ATTACKING THEIR WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.
Back to top Go down
MissileGo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MissileGo

Male Posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: Full's guide to getting Airs up and running   Full's guide to getting Airs up and running EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Only noob izuna spam wisps, wisps are just eefective if your harrasing art types
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Full's guide to getting Airs up and running   Full's guide to getting Airs up and running EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm

MissileGo wrote:
Only noob izuna spam wisps, wisps are just eefective if your harrasing art types

well not necessarily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full's guide to getting Airs up and running   Full's guide to getting Airs up and running Empty

Back to top Go down

Full's guide to getting Airs up and running
Page 1 of 1