Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melee Seraph Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:05 pm

This is something I was tinkering around with, starting two days ago, and I've found it to be very effective.

Suggestions welcome, but this is for the general public interested in using a strong AIR-type melee-build.

Also, I'm not 100% done with her yet, but pictures are always nice for reference c:

Melee Seraph Build Screen14

Parts:

Ace Braver AM x2: The main part of the bot, Ace Braver arms don't have to be unarmed (like Hound) to use their punches and they also have hands to be able to hold weapons. The good thing about these punches are not only are they 22 force to begin with, they also have a bit of guidance which will pull you towards the enemy with each swing.

Seraph Core: Obvious and irreplaceable, but important because it has the Seraph Tackle ability. Most of what I've read so far says it is useless, but it ABSOLUTELY ISN'T and can be used for evasion and to do some good damage while closing the gap between you and: ambushed LND bot, unsuspecting ART bot, any AIR bot that tries to run or comes too close while straifing.

Izuna Kamui LG: Has high FLY, some TEC, WLK, TGH and even a good amount if HP. The problem is the UC version has no slots at all, but it's a good alternative to upgrading the Seraph LG because it comes with good stats and tail wisps for annoying anything at a lower altitude than you.

Wing Joint x2: +FLY is always good.

Accessories, if you have stated ones, are completely up to you. I use flower rose ribbon for the +HP/CAPA and Crim for the +FLY but anything really works since ACCs don't take that much COST (if any), and usually are win-win.

Wonder Bits are also up to you, but since AIR can use Slayer bits, you may want to take this in to account. It does great damage, with far range and annoyance factor and even while running away, it'll still attack enemies coming from behind, in reach.

Propeller bits work fine for using tail wisps and also for holding boost gauge for escaping dangerous situations, but in this build, it's more of a supplement than a necessity.

Weapons: Any gun works really, but having a good is great for the lock-on ability. Wide beam gun works, but I use a Beam Machinegun for it's ability to lay shots on running/incoming bots and spray as I run. Shields are useful in their own right, if you have the CAPA to equip them and having a Mini-zook works too, to have an attack that is strong against each class of bot. I have not tried the Haku-sword, because I do not have it (but if it works well with the arms, please let me know!).

I hope this small build has helped at least a few people, or has given people some ideas to work with.

Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Looks cool on paper, but really? So many sub weapons to handle...
I think the Izuna legs are kinda useless since you are gonna fly in for a kill anyways with your melee.
And swapping between your melee, your wings, your roll/loop, and your legs seem like a pain.
Plus the legs make your bot like way more easy to hit.
I would say that if you really intend to hit things lower than you, to use a beam rifle since it has way less cost than Izuna legs.
And Seraph legs have 3 slots to tune with. If you really tune them, you obtain way better stats than the Izuna legs...
I thought Seraph gives you 20 hp while Izuna legs give you 15 but an extra weapon...
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Well...
Ace braver comboes in itself, so for combo you have either 2 ace braver hits, or tackle into 2x ace braver.
The amount of SUB weapons makes it impossible to use tackle and wings while neccessary. The only option is izuna bs as main due to lockon, e-switch for ace braver AM.
You also have no guards or internal upgrades or float dash and only 100 free capa left (90 without ACs) and 3 possible other carts.
I can't say I would want to use this.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:10 pm

@BNOISE: Izuna LG isn't necessary, but it's definitely a convenience to be able to both hit enemies out of firing range and fire while escaping without having to have the camera focused on the target. Replacing the legs by tuning up is fine, but losing the extra ability may not be worth it, especially if the tune ups fail.

Switching between sub weapons really isn't an inconvenience at all. There's 5 subs: Wings, 2 AMs, Core, LGs.

You can only use Seraph Wings once, so that's not a big deal at all. Switching between it is a completely negligible.

Hitting shift+e allows you to use your sub weapons without switching between them, you can do this while you have an Ace Braver arm selected to use Seraph Tackle, no need to cycle through them. The only time you would have to switch out is to Izuna LG, because for me, that switches to the Seraph Wings, but if you're using Izuna LG, you probably won't be meleeing also.

This makes tackling "when necessary" simple.

Go back to the bird's nest, switch to Izuna. When you're ready to melee, Ace Braver and you have all 3 melee attacks available.

@koi: " " + like I said before the build, I'm not done playing with my bot yet, it's only level 5. I'll have capacity space to get what carts I want when I'm done leveling it.

Also, doesn't internal upgrades only increase the amount of times you can use Seraph Wings? By like 2 at a time...?

As for its usefulness, with this bot alone, I easily get top 10. It's an alternate playing style, which is why it's a build and not a guide, because it doesn't adhere to the "meta-game" as Full calls it, but it's effective in its own right.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm

BB wrote:
@koi: " " + like I said before the build, I'm not done playing with my bot yet, it's only level 5. I'll have capacity space to get what carts I want when I'm done leveling it.
Er.. you really only have an extra 100 capa though...Cause the last two capa carts are +70 each. And you remove 25 from each one. So it is 45 each, and you have +10 capa from the extra left over...
Iono about you, but I don't like to stick with using only +5 cost capa tunes...
Cause from what I see, you would probably put in another gun/weapon on her other hand, so that is another 30-70 cost gone.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

BNOISE wrote:
BB wrote:
Er.. you really only have an extra 100 capa though...Cause the last two capa carts are +70 each. And you remove 25 from each one. So it is 45 each, and you have +10 capa from the extra left over...
Iono about you, but I don't like to stick with using only +5 cost capa tunes...
Cause from what I see, you would probably put in another gun/weapon on her other hand, so that is another 30-70 cost gone.

That doesn't really have much to do with the actual build, which is what the topic is about and more on how I decided to tune my bot specifically.

But to address that, the only reason the cost is that high is because I decided to try out a beam machinegun for close ranged combat. It was more more effective than I thought it would be, but it's also a semi-hefty 90 cost. Switching that out simply with a Wide Beam Gun instantly gives me 40 cost back. And yes, using Seraph legs would save another 70 cost, without upgrades, but the tail wisps are a nice luxury.

How do the legs make the bot more difficult to hit also? I'm not disagreeing, but aren't both Izuna and Seraph legs M-sided, with M-sized boosters?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Melee Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melee Seraph Build   Melee Seraph Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee Seraph Build
Page 1 of 1