Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips on my Destructor CN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

Tips on my Destructor CN Empty
PostSubject: Tips on my Destructor CN   Tips on my Destructor CN EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 am

I've been messing with my Destructor CN for quite a while now since I've junked it twice just to figure out the right configurations for it. Now, I think I've found the right configuration that fits me and my battle style with it. It's still only Lv 4 but I've consistently found it a monster in areas that allow easy abuse of the power spot. I typically use it as a mid-range attacker and can easily take out a M size AIR/LAND bots in seconds when played right. Since I use 5 main weapons, it becomes a beast when abusing power spots as it fires a bombardment on any bot trying to get close at mid-range. As for the weapons, I use an un-upgraded core because I feel that the cartridges might not be worth it. I also use x2 Misside arms to provide backing and accuracy against AIR bots. The grenades are there to provide burning support in case the enemy tries to get too close as he runs around the area while I regain my position. I sometimes also switch them for Bazookas when I feel I need a bit more accuracy then the downward direction of the grenade.

My Specs: (not tuned up)

Level: 4
Cost: 860/890
HP: 435
STR: 14
TEC: 21
WLK: 6
FLY: 7
TGH: 16

Parts:
Destructor CN core (un-upgraded)
Misside arms x2
Grenade x2 /Bazooka x2
Destructor legs
Destructor BS
Red Squealer HD
Intelli Green TGH +1
Dual Missile Bit

Cartridges:
Raise cost capacity +60/HP by 15 x3
Blast Guard

I'm asking for tips on how to improve the setup I have now. I really don't like to junk it again for a setup that might not work for me as well as this did. If you disagree with my battle style with the bot or it does not appeal to you, please remember different people have different styles. Not all people play the same. Please feel free if you have any advice on anything about the bot. I'm also asking for tips on tune ups and cartridge builds. I'm considering using Stealth System, Beam Guard, and Moving Burst.
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Tips on my Destructor CN   Tips on my Destructor CN EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 am

I'm not sure it's a good idea to fire-link grenades with non-grenades. If you plan on being a PS beast, then I'd think it'd be best if your hand weapons could actually hit the same thing you're targeting with your bazooka/missiles. To this end, I recommend rifles, box missiles, or V-2 missiles. Note that the latter two will seriously ramp up your cost, and any of these will require more capacity carts.

Extra recommendation 1: Improve your core weapon. These carts are rather expensive, but they give CN's integral bazooka more ammo, and when fully improved, some pretty incredible range and damage.

Extra recommendation 2: Use a Howitzer AMJ. These cost a lot, will hurt Destructor's already poor WLK and FLY, and can't even be fire-linked...but they can hit enemies who are out of your LoS, and are very accurate, even if you aren't. I use one (or two!) on each of my M or L ARTS.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Tips on my Destructor CN   Tips on my Destructor CN EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Shin Majin wrote:
I'm not sure it's a good idea to fire-link grenades with non-grenades. If you plan on being a PS beast, then I'd think it'd be best if your hand weapons could actually hit the same thing you're targeting with your bazooka/missiles. To this end, I recommend rifles, box missiles, or V-2 missiles. Note that the latter two will seriously ramp up your cost, and any of these will require more capacity carts.

Extra recommendation 1: Improve your core weapon. These carts are rather expensive, but they give CN's integral bazooka more ammo, and when fully improved, some pretty incredible range and damage.

Extra recommendation 2: Use a Howitzer AMJ. These cost a lot, will hurt Destructor's already poor WLK and FLY, and can't even be fire-linked...but they can hit enemies who are out of your LoS, and are very accurate, even if you aren't. I use one (or two!) on each of my M or L ARTS.

Aside from the capacity carts and parts, do you have any other recommendations regarding other cartridges and tune up specifications? It would really be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on my Destructor CN   Tips on my Destructor CN Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips on my Destructor CN
Page 1 of 1