Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Break Universal announcement

Go down 
+38
bunnychung
zamo
God is a Cat Girl
RedSawn
IronDicks
Any0ne
wapiti4
VietPho
Requ
necrodrakath
Skulkraken
Samui
Anti_Good
elmatalast
StiJoLew
Alpherior
Zane Hitsurugi
CxM
Sakura1
Fairlion
Astral_Dono
VeryMelon
DocMelonhead
boytitan2
asmadeous
Silvershine
Blackbeard
GasaiYunoº
AhegaoMaster
ziix
LazFlamme
JingAqua
rei_hunter
AnimeAelita
blead
Kuzuha
Tuskin
MrCake
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 1:58 pm

I've heard that CBU will be released in 2020, while the OG server seems to still be going, so, it's very likely that it will
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

Male Posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Skulkraken wrote:
Will the game still be using Java?

(Edit) I'm assuming it will, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Probably - I imagine the main reason they're doing this is because they already have all the content for the game made, so continued development on CBU wont be super expensive, and thus worth actually "trying again" with this international version on Steam. I doubt they'd be willing to try this if it meant reprogramming the game in a different language.

boytitan2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Im in, and i hope to play with yall again!
See you on the arena (:

Tuskin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Requ
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 4:33 am

wow...looking forward for this....hope its good....god...
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 am

What the hell is going on around here? !@$!@#
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Cosmic Break is finally dying, except that Cyber$tep decided to take advantage of Steam to "reinvent" Cosmic Break, rebooting the server, to get even more cash for things already released years ago, probably to give the "impression" that Cosmic Break is a "New" anime game with "content" being constantly pumped-in due how obscure currently is.
Back to top Go down
wapiti4
Police Is Coming
Police Is Coming

Other / Decline to state Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 12:41 am

I secretly hope for a map editor and/or KDJ Plus update, but even if it's just being able to use my current files for CBUNI later that makes me happy enough

would've retired and forgotten about cb if it wasn't for all of my LOVELY friends that continually talk about cb
is that for the best? only the vague 2020 release date will tell
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 3:41 pm

No changes will be made to controls, so things like the clunky weapon swapping is still in. RIP in pieces.
Skulkraken wrote:
Will the game still be using Java?

(Edit) I'm assuming it will, but I figured I'd ask just in case.
Duh, they will probably use the CB2 updated version.

The game would probably run 5 times smoother even if they ported it to Unity at this point.
Back to top Go down
Any0ne
Newcomer
Newcomer
Any0ne

Male Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 1:44 am

It'll be nice to see some familiar names again. Maybe I can actually get out of spawn this time.

rei_hunter, boytitan2, Main Character, wapiti4 and CxM like this post

Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 7:46 am

I like the sounds of taking away a lot of new things and going back to basics.

However, CB community is pretty toxic; as much as I hate using that word. We will have to wait and see how things pan out.

I'll be happy if I can use turtle backers and frog landers and have fun without having to deal with how crazy shit got.

boytitan2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
RedSawn
10 10 100
10 10 100

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:01 am

Mm.. I miss my Frog. Never really got into the meta (at all) but if I can get my parts and tuning isn't oppressive I'd at least be fine with whatever madness they added while I wasn't around. If not there's always support/healing I guess
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

A reset doesn't quite inspire me to play, not just because it sucks to start over but because I don't believe CS will correct all the mistakes they did that doomed the game early on and only to still just play a bad gacha game that unfortunately has some good designs.

I'd much rather have a modern game that recycled old designs because I like CB designs. I'd even trade a lot of customization to allow CS to monetize in other areas, IE skins. Though putting everything in the shop for either grind or RL money would be a good start, if they don't limit slots which essentially kills the units in the long run, units in gacha is a big no no tho.

There's also how even the basics could use changes. PS system often sucked because once you get pushed back it ended up forcing people into very limited spaces to use the PS and it made much harder to counter enemies if not head on. Everything relying on the game aiming for you also means it's often like playing a gacha inside a gacha, RNG on top of RNG, you either get the result you want or get the short end of the stick.

No matchmaking also means it's easy to rig matches, having a team system is fine, but not having proper matchmaking will easily ruin the fun. I'd much prefer having to wait a little longer between matches than to be locked in a team that has no chance to do anything and in the end wasting far more time before anything enjoyable can be done.

Drives and some tunes being removed isn't bad, the extra layer was just bandaid after bandaid. Customization is fine, but too much will push people away. CB2 wasn't exactly bad, but it certainly made things more complicated and unfair (grades sucked, so do levels, just remove that, PvP with levels will only lead to imbalance), and that's on top of only appealing to a fanbase that is already established in the previous game that wasn't shutting down any time soon, but that game certainly had things that were better than CB.

I'll probably log in, but not much of a point to start over when they might not even make a server in other parts and the overall experience is terrible.

wapiti4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MrCake
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
MrCake

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:53 am

so far the contents for the package were revealed

https://www.cosmicbreak.jp/info/topic/43285
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 am

MrCake wrote:

I think my reading comprehension is just bad, but how are we getting the present code? Is it sent to our existing emails?
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:43 am

ziix wrote:
MrCake wrote:

I think my reading comprehension is just bad, but how are we getting the present code? Is it sent to our existing emails?
Your cb user id is your code
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:59 pm

They're shutting down Breakers as well, even though they pumped a lot of money into it this past year.
CS seems to be going all in on CBU, but from the info we have so far it seems to be half-assed anyway.
Unless they address the performance and netcode shit's gonna flop faster than CB2.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 am

I assume players can only use one of those special gift codes per account, even if the gift codes are = old IDs? Or is it actually meant that you have to simply use the user ID that you are named after in CBU?
(would lol if any existing user id could be used, ppl with 100+ accounts would get like 300*100 RT on a single account o.O but I bet that won't be the case xD)

wapiti4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 5:37 am

elmatalast wrote:
ziix wrote:
MrCake wrote:

Alright, in their recent peing.net q&a they said cb usernames are first come first serve. So anyone can use an anyone else's existing username and get the present code? @_@
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:03 am

ziix wrote:
elmatalast wrote:
ziix wrote:

Alright, in their recent peing.net q&a they said cb usernames are first come first serve. So anyone can use an anyone else's existing username and get the present code? @_@
User id is the one that your use to log in to the game. Not your in game name

ziix likes this post

Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:19 am

elmatalast wrote:
ziix wrote:
elmatalast wrote:

User id is the one that your use to log in to the game. Not your in game name
Well, at least that's clear.

Although this still feels really lazy, like there's no guarantee that your user ID is gonna be available at launch.
Back to top Go down
CxM
SeeSaw Molcar
SeeSaw Molcar

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 11:31 am

oh you think it's gonna be that deal where an idea someone comes up with is gonna be taken so they end up going Xxx""xxX only this time their legacy awards will be stolen? that first come first serve thing doesn't snuff out the alt account thing though.

guessing it only works for User IDs transferred to jp?
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 5:14 pm

They are avoiding any questions regarding technical stuff, the only thing they answered was someone asking about system requirements and the answer was that they will be the same as current CB ones on the site, but we know those are bullshit anyway so yeah.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 5:14 pm

do we have any idea when a steam page will go up?
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 11:12 pm

Is the launch out yet?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
bunnychung
Newcomer
Newcomer
bunnychung

Male Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break Universal announcement   Cosmic Break Universal announcement - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Break Universal announcement
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next