Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The actual general chat about CB2 thread.

Go down 
+50
Xary
SilverySil
Ice-x
MONSTER
fggt
Miadren
MegaManZX
MeloettaAria
Turkeysaur
Admin
NeWIZ
Fleur
Tuskin
GasaiYunoº
udonge
Epsii
Masked Potatoes
Rotrum
duckov
Kuzuha
God is a Cat Girl
Halexander
Tashunu
LazFlamme
thehellamireading
Turret
Drisknoll
lReisenl
Calucian
Sakura1
StiJoLew
RaverX
reVelske
AhegaoMaster
VietPho
AnTi90d
Astral_Dono
NEXT
mdragonminh
Silvershine
Frizz
Aethereal
That_Wiesel_Guy
boytitan2
necrodrakath
Meseki
Priskern
Skulkraken
Stickboy
Winty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Drisknoll wrote:
I was actually having fun over the weekend with full (in progress) rooms and learning the strengths of assaults and fortresses but it all seems pointless now when everyone has a Ragna. Rank B is hardly a cap since one of my best bots is a B rank alpha victory that I even take into golden leagues. Played 2 matches today and encountered a "bad" ragna player. The kinda that can't play any other build so at red hp, stays at the tower waiting for people to feed him and only pushed out when others were acting like meat shield. At the end the scores held him at the top with 98 bp lost and 5k+ dmg while everyone else decent had 3k-4k dmg with 300+ bp lost. He didn't even deserve any of that since all the damage he did would have easily gone to his teammates is they had the chance to move in on me or my team when we were caught out of position but that's fucking ragna for you. Atleast in cb1 when a newbie farming alpha air did this, I had blast damage bonus to help me but here I got nothing except a roll of the dice on good teammates. Even that feels useless when you ecounter a "good" ragna.

Long story short, what's the jp meta counter to ragna cause I'll play the fuck out of that when it's out.
Fuck easy mode ragna players.

lorrette the fucker, every ragna player i encountered are easily destroyed by the missles, and some even went overboard to bitch about lorrette when they get killed on their precious ragna because they literally have nothing else to play

almost all these ragna players only know how to use 1 robot so they're bad and feed when they are on other types
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:17 pm

stealing skins from priskern's account, lol
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Drisknoll wrote:
The only reason he died was because tower 2

My saggi max got him to half hp at the begging which is why he was in the back. Then My saggi died A.I. byne kick my sturbanger standerd and zero sabers ass I got Raystag out and wrecked the remaining half of his hp with Raystag.
Back to top Go down
Drisknoll
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:26 am

I don't think I get the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that's the counter to ragna? Cause sure as hell doesn't sound like one. In fact, it sounds like a lot of work for just 98 bp and for a ragna that still manage to survive till tower 3. Effort that would have probably been better spent elsewhere.

Or maybe you're trying to say what we needed was teamwork? Cause that's what our assault on tower 2 was all about. Until that thing AIR RUN up from behind his teammates, shat out a bunch of damage, and retreated back safely. All for his team to finish us up.

Or maybe you're trying to say I was wrong and he was a good player. Jerking himself in his tower while his team got farmed throwing themselves into ours? Then abandoning his tower when it got relocated to get himself killed and allowing me to deal massive damage to it?

Or maybe, just maybe, new players that can't even deal with npcs think it's normal for someone to run from the tower with hyper shot buff IN THE SKY to the middle of the map, shit out a ton of damage, and gtfo safely before anyone can even smell it. That maybe 5k damage for 98 cost seems normal and balance. Could I do that with Luna or shitty long range buster girl? Could you? Would it be as easy as easy mode ranga?

thehellamireading has the right idea, if you're gonna cover my ass from a ragna, I want you to bring big guns and lots of them. I don't expect to survive when I'm being shit on by a ragna. I do expect you to make sure it only happens once. This is assume it's bad ranga, cause I've ecountered untouchable ones and I'm only posting this experience cause this is the fucking norm for ragna players.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:49 am

scorefarmers will farm score. All you can do is make them lose. They existed in cb1 as well, the kind of people who only ever shoot players who can't shoot back and then run away when something that can fight shows up, never taking any risks to make impact frags and then talking about how they have 0cost at the end of the match even though they lost.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:53 am

Winty wrote:
scorefarmers will farm score. All you can do is make them lose. They existed in cb1 as well, the kind of people who only ever shoot players who can't shoot back and then run away when something that can fight shows up, never taking any risks to make impact frags and then talking about how they have 0cost at the end of the match even though they lost.

that's kind of hard to say, since this game is heavily counterpick based..unless you're talking about ragna :v that thing can do anything with low risks
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:58 am

I've met people who play zero risk in cl with busters, always camping in the back near the tower and getting high scores from shooting across the map. They get 0 frags and a bunch of damage and a top 3 score with low bp cost. You don't need ragna to camp in the back lol.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 3:47 am

The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 M5Mvd
done
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 am

The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Notrag10
The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Notrag11

They will never know...
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 am

Hey boytitan, would you mind helping me test out something?

Download and install the newest edition of the JRE from the Oracle website, then go to the Control Panel and open the Java settings. Under the Java (runtime settings) tab, click the Find button, then direct the JRE Finder to the Cosmic League folder. Once it's there in the list of JREs, click the Runtime Parameters box next to Cosmic League's JRE and type in -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true

This should force Cosmic League into OpenGL hardware accelerated mode (yes, Java supports hardware acceleration). I was able to get some really significant boosts in my FPS with this, as crappy as my laptop is, so I want to see what someone with a more powerful machine can get out of it.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:37 am

VietPho wrote:
The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Notrag10
The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Notrag11

They will never know...

Is that Audrit's hair clip you have over there.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:51 am

triggered some clan ZERO(?) and had their whole clan on me in a match rushing with assaults and panzers on my busters it was super fun. I should get more people mad so theres actually something to fight in this game other than ragnas farao
Back to top Go down
mdragonminh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:52 am

Drisknoll wrote:
I don't think I get the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that's the counter to ragna? Cause sure as hell doesn't sound like one. In fact, it sounds like a lot of work for just 98 bp and for a ragna that still manage to survive till tower 3. Effort that would have probably been better spent elsewhere.

Or maybe you're trying to say what we needed was teamwork? Cause that's what our assault on tower 2 was all about. Until that thing AIR RUN up from behind his teammates, shat out a bunch of damage, and retreated back safely. All for his team to finish us up.

Or maybe you're trying to say I was wrong and he was a good player. Jerking himself in his tower while his team got farmed throwing themselves into ours? Then abandoning his tower when it got relocated to get himself killed and allowing me to deal massive damage to it?

Or maybe, just maybe, new players that can't even deal with npcs think it's normal for someone to run from the tower with hyper shot buff IN THE SKY to the middle of the map, shit out a ton of damage, and gtfo safely before anyone can even smell it. That maybe 5k damage for 98 cost seems normal and balance. Could I do that with Luna or shitty long range buster girl? Could you? Would it be as easy as easy mode ranga?

thehellamireading has the right idea, if you're gonna cover my ass from a ragna, I want you to bring big guns and lots of them. I don't expect to survive when I'm being shit on by a ragna. I do expect you to make sure it only happens once. This is assume it's bad ranga, cause I've ecountered untouchable ones and I'm only posting this experience cause this is the fucking norm for ragna players.

let me get this straight, so that Ragna has low HP and he decided to sit back and defend your tower at the same time farming for more HP from NPC kill, when your whole team keep going to their tower and feed?
The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 55265927
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 pm

if you have a way to stop the NPCs from feeding please tell me
Back to top Go down
Drisknoll
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:53 pm

mdragonminh wrote:
Drisknoll wrote:

let me get this straight, so that Ragna has low HP and he decided to sit back and defend your tower at the same time farming for more HP from NPC kill, when your whole team keep going to their tower and feed?
The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 55265927

1) I never once mentioned that ragna was on my team.

2) His team had the proper reaction. They wiped the majority of ours and had the momentum. It would be worthwhile to smash our tower before we could regroup and they probably would have succeeded if their ragna wasn't such a pussy. Your guns and mobility don't drop just just because you're in the red.

3) Wtf is it with these people who think cowering in the tower farming shit for hp is a legit and viable strategy? If the devs wanted to make that viable they would have added a healer class and not these convoluted carts that add a tiny amount of hp for getting kills. Can you imagen a Luna or shitty long range buster girl thinking "I'm gonna farm this mighty bane for hp! Everyone kill is about 20! whoopie!". The fact that this is even a viable option for ragna only show how much more of a broken shit he is.

I initially made this post to vent and give ammo to other players on calling out ranga player on how their shit smells but it's turn out to be more fun than expected. This story wasn't even that amazing to begin with. Just typical ranga bullshit and I was hoping other ppl would post their own ranga stories cause this one is bottom (middle?) of the barrel.

Here's another one:
I roll the dice and we have great teamwork! Smash that tower, kill that ragna, salt the land. Enemy team retaliates, pushes us into our tower but fails. Low on armor, low on ammo. Ranga player picks red hp ranga as his 3rd bot! He discovers a ledge he can operate out of. We are pinned in our tower. Move out and ragna rains from the sky. Stay back and we fight a battle of attrition FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME. I get tired and annoyed, lily is no longer red and I'm gonna push her to her limits. Enemy team waivers and we push out. Ranga doesn't like and trys to contain but is put deeper into the red. But ranga is ragna and gets away to his hidey hole ledge. Ah-ha! lily's secondary fire arcs over the ledge! 4 bullets one kill, we have the momentum. Enemy team loses ground. Ranga player picks red hp ranga for his 5th bot! Ledge tactics vs turtle tactics the snoring story. We lose.
Ragna: gg
Me: fuck you
retard: but it was a close game! clearly balanced

I got plenty more. How about the magical ranga that never touched the ground? Or the poor underdog ragna who claims he is weak because he only has 26? range! Or the many fun people I've encountered who end the games with "fuck that ranga loser"
Back to top Go down
Tashunu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Tashunu

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Basically a unit(assualt), made to get some quick hits in and leave to strike again when they can, is doing what they were made to do. If an almost dead bot is annoying you, have a bot that can ruin his parade. We have multiple bot slots for a reason. Can't really blame someone for using the chances that open up, else matches would not go anywhere
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:35 pm

why does the quick hit and run unit(assault) have long range heavy hitting weapons similar to that of the long range heavy hitting unit(buster) ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Back to top Go down
Drisknoll
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Tashunu wrote:
Basically a unit(assualt), made to get some quick hits in and leave to strike again when they can, is doing what they were made to do. If an almost dead bot is annoying you, have a bot that can ruin his parade. We have multiple bot slots for a reason. Can't really blame someone for using the chances that open up, else matches would not go anywhere

What is this magical ninja assassin bot that can move undetected, past the enemy team, out preform an assault with the firepower of a buster, and ninja his way back beyond the enemy team. All before reinforcements arrive. I'd love to have that bot cause while I'd did mention the ranga had red hp, I never said he was a pushover.

Did you miss the entire point of my story? If that ranga wasn't there, I game would have continued back and forth, with a push and pull rather than a battle of attrition. It would have gone way faster if the enemy team didn't have that ragna to lean on and my team was clearly the better team in terms of skill and temwork.

Do you have a ragna story? Sounds like we're encountering 2 very different types of ragna players. It's cute when they have a sub weapon in thier hand and try to melee me. Sadly ledge ranga didn't have a melee weapon.

Didn't anything else from that story sound weird to you that you would like to mention?
1 team with a ragna vs 1 team with tower buffs + 4 sentry guns fighting a stalemate.
Doesn't that sound unbalanced?

Edit: I left out the most outrageous part cause it's so common for rangna players, I take it for granted. This incompetent ass choose to play red hp ragna twice over any other bot. Imagen yourself doing that for milla or luna and realize how stupid that sounds. Then imagen how stupid that sounds when you realize that red hp ranga contributed a fuckton to the match despite being on his death bed constantly.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Skulkraken wrote:
Hey boytitan, would you mind helping me test out something?

Download and install the newest edition of the JRE from the Oracle website, then go to the Control Panel and open the Java settings.  Under the Java (runtime settings) tab, click the Find button, then direct the JRE Finder to the Cosmic League folder.  Once it's there in the list of JREs, click the Runtime Parameters box next to Cosmic League's JRE and type in -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true

This should force Cosmic League into OpenGL hardware accelerated mode (yes, Java supports hardware acceleration).  I was able to get some really significant boosts in my FPS with this, as crappy as my laptop is, so I want to see what someone with a more powerful machine can get out of it.

Already have java installed for programming purposes.

Like this :v

The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Blarg10

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Tashunu wrote:
I bet you use Ragna too.
Back to top Go down
Tashunu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Tashunu

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Yup, I've used ragna, but his playstle is too boring, along with the attention he gets against enemy teams. By chances, im talking about moments where i go in with my destroctor to attack the ps when other team is away, or taking luna to the back of their side finish off hiding enemies.
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Misty Hollow
Misty Hollow

Male Posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Just found out a trick how to negate the Run Speed drop after using Assault Dash S.
Usually after using Assault Dash S while holding the W button will result in your unit to slow down until he's very slow, but then starts building up run speed again.
To counter this, after using assault step, release the W button and press it again after touching the ground again, this will prevent the unit from slowing down.
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
AnTi90d
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
AnTi90d

Male Posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:48 pm

The people that play at this time of the day are a thousand times more fun to play with than the lagging yellows that play, starting ten hours from now.

I got Psycho Formula for the arms. I'm sad that his head doesn't do anything, though. His arms are like Fiona psyguns with hypershot. (Still won't hit a lagging Audrit, though.)

Back to top Go down
Tashunu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Tashunu

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:58 pm

So basically the rt charge problem occurred because they also copy pasted the charge system from japan with the last update, which doesn't work for us .-.
Back to top Go down
mdragonminh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:26 am

True fact is Ragna still has the same stat as in the jp version, but he is op here because Ivis and Claire hasnt been released yet. Right now his only hard counter is loretta which is a garapon unit. But he is only stronger than most other unit as an assault that has better gun than any other assault. He can still get killed easily like any other assault if he over extended. What usually happen is that a good ragna player will follow his team, punish the fuck out of attacker so that the whole enemy team is pissed off and than sit in his tower waiting for them to go feed. A bad ragna player (or sometime just because they had a bad day) will over extended and then get rekt by rei or miia. Any assault with 4 or more run speed sphere and air run can be a ninja, just not as good as ragna. Every game have a meta and a tier list, e.x: LoL, Yugioh, CSGO so you better just think of ragna as an "ace card". If people have their ace card then there is nothing wrong with them using it.
Back to your story, that player maybe very noob because he can only play ragna, or he can also be a very pro ragna player who know that even if he dies, he can still rekt people with a red HP ragna. I'm a ragna player(yeah just hate me if you want), I have met alot of other ragna player but to be able to rekt other people by using a red HP bot you must be very confident even if it's ragna. Dont believe me? Just borrow someone else's acc with a s ragna and try it your self. Facing a red hp bot attacking and you still cant kill him, or knowing that he is sitting in his tower, not providing a threat since he's scared as fuck and you still dive in knowing he can right click you away prove that youve made a bad desicion.
You want story, here I will give some, just don't read it with a mind full of poison. So I started with ragna, managed to get to 2nd and give my team an edge but my HP is low. Well when you have more point than your opponent they should be offensive trying to win back right? But they didnt cooperate and just go soloing trying to kill me in the tower. All i did was standing their, waiting for their melee to dive in and right click away. After 4 or 5 kill 2 of thier ragna dive in and rekt me but at that time we were already winning by 700 points. After that i rei'ed 1 of their ragna for staying there attacking tower with no team support, half health. Having rei around your squad can cover you from ragna air ninjaing which was exactly what i did. Their other ragna was in red hp so he cant do shit. We won but i dont blame him because a 65 cost ragna dying will greatly damage your team point. Yeah you can die as a heading panzer but not as a ragna. Whatever youre doing you should be providing advantaged for your team
there is a lot of bad ragna but also a lot of good one and they should be praise for that, not hated. Nothing is wrong with trying to win your team the game, that's called being competitive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The actual general chat about CB2 thread.   The actual general chat about CB2 thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The actual general chat about CB2 thread.
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next