Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)

Go down 
+4
Zwiebel Force
Relict?
Isdelft
Paruru
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

Male Posts : 105

A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) Empty
PostSubject: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Having finished my work for all of this coming week I decided to spend more time in-game because I lack a social life lack anything better to do. I was talking to some friends and they gave me a cannonballer DR cube last bazaar, they also helped me put together a few bots but I have some questons regarding certain tunes, mostly because I lack extra parts and I'm running low on both protectors and materials.

Anyway, some questions that came up while I was calc'ing a few builds for these bots...

First off, should I even bother with cannonballer? I remember his BS being good for arts and him being...totally useless asides from joke builds. The DR version seems like a pseudo biker girl but I haven't seen anyone using one asides from just a joke bot being annoying. I read on another thread that he's really not all that great but I figured I'd ask for more opinions exclusively on his utility and usefulness before tuning him, just to see if I put him on the back burner or not.

One of my friends went on a 20-minute rant about how rosso is the most broken thing in the game, but said friend also told me alcy was extremely broken as well so I've learned to take what he tells me with a grain of salt. Either way, I put one together. Long moving burst-tuned Rosso BD, Rosso AM,  Crystas BS and Steel burn AM3 with a tuned bouquet. I got a build planned out for it but I have 20 spare capa. Should I use that to add a bit more HP or do I tune one of his weapons? I thought of G.rapid tuning the steel burn AM as the missiles seem really easy to avoid at 280 speed... I could also put force into it instead, or rework the build a bit to add a weapon instead of the bouquet. Any opinions?

I also kept the rosso AM just for the BD weapon debuff, Should I go with that, or replace it with crystas AM or a second steel burn AM or something?

I also purchased an Amlim from DX coin shop and had forgotten all about her. I know people make her an alpha with her blood shooter with double force tunes and her boost steal bats.. Should I add an extra handheld gun to that mix or just go with tuned handhelds for more hp? I don't know if an extra gun would help with her DPS due to tgh reduction.

And a random question that came up while I was putting together a bot ot spam berz for tune up materials, where do Custom Shotguns drop from the most? Are they just Super UC gara?

I have a ton of parts laying around so I'll probably be experimenting with more mecha builds once I get the moes out of the way, for now I'm focusing on these. Thanks in advance for everyone's replies!
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:05 am

the purpose of steel burn am3 is to overranged another weapons

, you dont need to tune more speed , you need to tune more range

steel burn am3 is good when shooting farrrrrr target

and yes custom shotgun was in super uc gara (2s)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:29 am

Cannonballer DR is a good bot for a budget bot.

The concept of a budget bot is pretty much outdated outside of clan fight, but you can still have good fun with it. You won't be scoring amazing scores with the thing, but it's still pretty effective, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dpssfd/videos

Here is the channel of a NFA player. In most of the videos, he switches to Cannonballer DR if he dies on Alexia.

In his words:

"the only real point is to interrupt heals nonstop
and force the team to pull back attackers just to deal with it
you evade and waste time when they focus on you and go back to interrupt the moment they let up
anything else is a waste of time"

---

Alcy is really really strong, but no one runs her most idiotic final form.

For Rosso, keep his weapon arm since that grants him some boost restoring properties as well as afflicting Charge Delay on his opponents when combined with his core weapon.

You're going to want to tune 3x Great Rapid Alpha on the Crystas BS if you decide to keep it.  You're overranging so range doesn't matter. Most Rosso lead with his core weapon; after two EIW, said weapon's range is 340. Tune a Great Rapid Alpha on his weapon arm to actually hit things. Again, you're overranging. Probably unlikely that you can fit in more weapon tunes on Steel Burn AM3, but those would either use Great Range Alpha (if you want to lead with that and fire from over 340 range away) or Great Rapia Alpha(s).

---

For alpha Amlim, the point of moving burst is remove Blood Shooter's cooldown. You fire Blood Shooter, alpha strike, then fire Blood Shooter again. No need to tune the boost steal bats. Most people tune Force+Force+High Shooter or something on the Blood Shooter.

Last edited by Relict? on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:45 am

Thanks for the replies! I had been messing around with cannonballer DR in TF against some friends and I can tell I'll enjoy playing him a lot on big maps without water, it's amazing to be able to run around and annoy people, but I'll certainly not tune him right away. If it weren't for the fact they seem almost unfairly powerful I'd like a biker girl just for the sake of running around and running people over.

The rosso build is also coming to be more expensive than I had initially thought. I'd need to Hcapa the thing to fit in all those tunes, but the lack of any tunes on it explains why I've been having so much trouble doing anything with the crystas BS other than hitting the occasional unsuspecting guy. I guess I'll fly him stock for now with just one G.rapid on the BS and capa tune him later on, or maybe replace the BS altogether... I've never liked the crystas parts all that much, but a lot of people seem to swear by them, calling them OP and whatnot and I have no idea if his BD, AM and steel burn AM would be enough for a decent damage output.

Thanks for that youtube link, by the way. I've actually been watching a few videos there to get a better idea on some other stuff I got laying around.

And what do you mean about Alcy? I thought all she really needed was weapon tunes, hack zero bots and shoot away but her shots seem really weak most of the time to me, though that may just be me using her G.Cosmos path. I tuned her to 40 tec/38 fly with Force/G.Rapid/H.Shooter and I like to think I can aim her shots moderately well but in the end her damage output seems pretty low. Am I missing out on some super secret way to play her or something? Not that I'd spam her 24/7, I'd just like to actually have a second air to fall back on whenever arenas are full of powerful things that end up blowing me up halfway through the map for any reason and I can't just mess around with untuned bots for the res of it, and my other bots are still a long ways from being completed thanks to a lack of CSG and tune up mats. UC gara hates me.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:21 am

I don't like Crystas parts, either. You should be doing decent damage with just his BD, AM, and Steel Burn AM3, but you'd primarily be focusing on LNDs. I would have shown some numbers, but the rooms are currently dead and aeir is just tunneling me with his Himari, which is a pain to fight 1v1 so yeah.

You'll have to ask someone else about Alcy. What I know is from word of mouth and from observing others. It's better for everyone that final form Alcy isn't out roaming the streets, though.
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:27 am

whydahellyadidntaskfirst , yesterday bazaar
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:47 am

I'm using Armada AM on my Rosso (not that oceana trash that all these blackies crutch on for score, but the actually good one!!!) together with crystas BS, the conversion part AM and his default LG (that part so hated, just because tall Considering his lame base TGH, you should think of putting CV on him (imo you can't play "Red Culbrid" w/o tuning red revenge effect :V)...ugh...what I'm tryig to say is, that Aspide isn't exactly the most economic thing to build and takes a bit of time to finish. I do understand that people dislike him (the debuff combo is retarded, his score potential to).

MB amlim is pretty much what reli said. If you're really needy and can't hit a thing with ABR-styled weapons you might as well get a B Rosario shooter and use her with two of these weapons. I'd expect a lot of mockery though.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:52 am

i have no idea why you would put that weapon on that unit, given it's rather poor cost to effectiveness ratio and the high effectiveness of the weapons she already comes with.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:13 am

I made a thread about Alcy (And a few other bots) earlier and didn't really get much more information on her, and I haven't seen anyone use her to good effect at all, the ones I have seen are S.Cosmos that just fly around using their remote beams and mash right click and die without hitting a thing... Maybe I'll get lucky at some point. Either way thanks for the information, at least it makes me feel a bit beter about tuning her, just gotta figure out her secrets somehow.

And much like my Theia, I'd rarely use her. I rarely use her now as it is, I don't like using overly powerful bots unless there's just one arena active and people are just using powerful stuff to the point I have a hard time doing anything with my other random, mostly untuned bots. I really like Alcy though and I'd just like to actually use her properly as to not be a hindrance on my team.

I think I have a pretty clear idea as to what to do with Rosso now. I lack the original armada parts and while I have like 8 armada oceana I don't really use their parts for anything. I do wonder if I should build something with those arms or not...  He certainly isn't an economical unit to tune, it'll be a while before he's completed. Amlim I'm pretty much golden on, I just was unsure f I should just use her two weapons or add a third, but I have no problem aiming her blood shooter so I should be good to go after I finish up her weapon tunes.

Now I just have a final question about an unrelated bot: A.L.E. Lily Rain. I apparently had one shoved in my subgarage and her trance skirt shoots stuff similar to the blast psygun rounds everyone likes nowadays, albeit very slowly. Would she be worth turning into an alpha with her psyguns and burst missile AMJs/Cluster missile handhelds? She definitely seems like a pain to come up with a build for...

Isdelft wrote:
whydahellyadidntaskfirst , yesterday bazaar

I thought bazaar was on sunday, and when I logged on saturday night my half-asleep mind thought it was already sunday morning server time and didn't really buy anything at all other than get the cannonballer and went to bed. the next day when I logged on bazaar was gone  D: I'll have to wait until next bazaar.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:36 am

Winty wrote:
i have no idea why you would put that weapon on that unit, given it's rather poor cost to effectiveness ratio and the high effectiveness of the weapons she already comes with.
It's the only dual-wielding Amlim build I ever saw. Razz

I wouldn't mind Oceana AMs if people would actually shoot things that get affected by the debuff. Can't stop complaining..! bounce
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 am

just because you saw it doesn't mean it's good. It's quite often better to use your brain than your eyes.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Well there's still a downside to Oceana AM: It runs out of ammo pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Well, got my builds set up and am now proceeding to farm berz for mats. Tuned my Amlim today and using her at level 5 proved to be fairly effective with just her two weapons, actually scoring better than another person using one with a PBC. A lot of these things really seem to be more common sense than anything else, so I'm sorry for the (possibly) stupid questions ;;

I put together a random bot with two oceana AMs. I use it just to debuff arts and other airs, it's fun to mess with people. Also, screw tight capa units, they're more trouble than they're worth most of the time --;

Thanks everyone for your replies, I think I'm getting the hang of this, hopefully I'll be able to finish up my tunes and learn to use this stuff, and possibly get better stuff down the line as well!

My goal for now in additon to farming mats is to uncover the hidden truth of Alcy. Just so I don't feel like an idiot for tuning her ;~;
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:02 am

spoilers: there isn't one. it's bullshit being thrown around by certain individuals.
Back to top Go down
Fuwakomoriya
Police Is Watching You
Police Is Watching You

Male Posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:20 am

Rosso is the most broken piece of shit that the game introduced

GOOD THING PEOPLE SUCK AT BUILDING!
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:46 am

Quote :
Probably unlikely that you can fit in more weapon tunes on Steel Burn AM3, but those would either use Great Range Alpha (if you want to lead with that and fire from over 340 range away) or Great Rapia Alpha(s).

Is it bad idea to do 3x Great Rapid Alphas on the Steel Burn AM3 + 3x Great Rapid Alpha on the Rosso Arm and lead off the core?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)   A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim) Empty

Back to top Go down

A few more questions! (Steel burn/Cannonballer DR/Amlim)
Page 1 of 1