Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannonballer DR build?

Go down 
+2
Astral_Dono
Fleur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

Female Posts : 822

Cannonballer DR build? Empty
PostSubject: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:30 am

I know this robot is not an OP zero/anniversary/high mega gara robot, but its incredibly hilarious to play with one.

Everyone follows you but rarely hits you even at lv 0.

Normally i would have no questions regarding such a simple robot, but it has different mechanics.

Its boost never runs out and it is pretty fast even with 18 WLK. Even on par with a 40 WLK robot, if not faster.

So i have many questions about cannonballer DR build:

1. Will it become faster if i tune it with WLK or is its speed fixed?
2. Should i instead focus on get high TGH?
3. Should i even get raise cost cartridges? I could keep it at 400~ cost if not, even if that means no upgrades.
4. Are BSJ (those BS that claim to increase your speed while adding 1 slot for a BS) good for it?

Some of these questions may sound incredibly dumb, like get cost cartridges, but all the runners i see are always low-cost. Even Kal and Aleixa.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 11:51 am

It's possible to get 600+ HP on the thing as well as 40 WLK (And yes it DOES increase in speed as you go higher in WLK, and dunking FLY isn't an issue because FLY is independent from baller's default running speed, tested and proven)

See also for what's possible:

Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:17 pm

At higher Walk levels, you can outrun almost anything, especially when you activate the drift. You could probably even outrun a 40 FLY Air by drifting. There's a custom dash built-in along with the custom run that can damage things just by slamming into them. I'm not sure what stat ramming works off of. DR gets Tough Runner, so you could probably just get that cart and leave the TGH alone.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:25 pm

It goes off TEC.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Is this a good build?

build wrote:
[Robot Name]
Cannon Baller

[Parts]
BD: Cannon Baller BD2
 : Rifle Bit(default)
 LG: Cannon Baller LG2 [Great Run Alpha] [Great Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 HD: Cannon Baller HD2 [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  HDAC: Manimo Cap [Run Alpha]
  FCAC: -
 BS: Cannon Baller BS2 [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]

[Config Check]
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK
AURA: OFF

[Stats]
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: M
COST: 770
CAPA: 935
HP: 387
STR: 6
TEC: 13
WLK: 40
FLY: -4
TGH: 8

LEVEL: 10

[Cartridges]
Capacity +60×7
Sword Guard
Tough Runner
Broad Radar

[Material]
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×7
Midoro Cosmos×2
Green Chip×112
Engine Shaft×98
Drum Magazine×22
Snail Liquid×71

I completely ignored internal weapon upgrades. Dunno if they are needed.

Maybe some core upgrades for decrease boost while drifting.

This robot may be weak but super fun.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:30 pm

It doesn't need internal upgrades. It doesn't need eco boost run because it doesn't boost run and you have more than enough boost to last for turning around.

Your build could use more HP.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Astral_Dono wrote:
It doesn't need internal upgrades. It doesn't need eco boost run because it doesn't boost run and you have more than enough boost to last for turning around.

Your build could use more HP.

I see, its a rushed build.

So, focus in ex WLK and TEC would be the best?

Since the damage things get when get in contact with cannonballer is based on TEC, right?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Yes it is, but because your main purpose is to be a distraction it is not a mandatory get.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Cannonballer has enough free capa that you could probably get away with using a WLK-boosting BSJ to free up a slot for another TEC tune, especially if you're not upgrading the internals and using STR and FLY as dump stats.

Sword Drive would be hilariously fun if the damage on contact is able to proc stuff like Life Taker and Revenge Sword. It probably doesn't, though.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 6:35 pm

Core weapons have a history of not doing that.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Life taker and revenge sword are both garbage anyway, even if they worked on the tackle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

It's BS is horrible (it gives -1WLK and +2 FLY, and it doesn't need FLY).
I'd recommend using Accel Saber BS on it. Also, use a Moulin BSJ too.
Also, Negative FLY is a bad idea for any build.
He does need the Enhance Internal Weapon Cartridges though. It will give him more ammo to survive longer in the match.

This is what I was going to make mine into. You should try this instead.
BTW, the Waittress Comm is from my Ultimate Monica Gold. Assuming you don't have that, you can substitute something like a Recording Camera.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 am

The gun sucks shit, don't take EIW, especially if you have garbage tec like that. 33 is the second to last break point for bikes, and it works perfectly fine for drift baller. After you hit 33 walk, put the rest into tec. Chances are your main source of damage is going to be running your head into heal piles and swerving around dumb fucks for that free contrib. PS take guard carts. Dunking fly is fine since majority of the time you won't be flying or hopping. If you have something like Thrones Wing BS to get you out of water, that works even better. Your main goal is not really a distraction, but to stop bubble healers from shitting bubbles. You're a poverty bike essentially, but you can do still the job they can, just with less utility. Having good tec means your tackles hurt more and bubbles are more scared of you. That's good because they'll be more cautious of shitting out bubbles, which can lead to less heals for the enemy team, and so on. Tec is important for them, despite what people say. You can play it like a distraction, but you won't have any real presence and eventually become shrugged off.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:19 am

if 33 is second to last bp for baller, then is 40 wlk the last bp for baller?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannonballer DR build?   Cannonballer DR build? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannonballer DR build?
Page 1 of 1