Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?

Go down 
+2
God is a Cat Girl
nebel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nebel

Male Posts : 53

Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? Empty
PostSubject: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 pm

The only zero bots I know are Resha and Eris so I don't really know what to do with Ex Lazflamme. Would playing as a gunner or a melee be better with her? And which path is gunner/melee, since I saw both Meld and Mount gunner in arena.
One side question: How is she compared to to other things in those role? Specifically, I have Resha as a hopping shooter and Abyss Jikun Hu as my favorite melee bot right now. How is Ex Laz compared to them?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Both Meld and Mount can be melee or gunner.
How does she compare? She doesn't. Ex Laz is Ex Laz. Leveling and junking is free, therefore you are free to try everything by yourself and see what you like.

On a side note, most people that play mount melee are warping niggers that shouldn't be allowed to play. : )
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:49 pm

There are basically 6 build options for her.

The first thing you pick, at level 1, is if you want meld or mount.
From there, they both have 180 cost zero carts to unlock weapons. Each has a melee cart and a ranged cart. You have the option to take both carts if you want a hybrid build.
The 6 paths: Meld gunner, Mount gunner, Meld melee, Mount melee, Mount hybrid, Meld hybrid. Note that very few people have "serious" hybrid builds for EX lazflamme.

The most common one is mounted melee. It basically just charges at groups, being very tanky, distracting, and disruptive. It's one of the best "crowd dive" style of units that currently exists. She has the charge attack, which leaves powerless behind, and a short melee combo.

Second most common is Meld Gunner. She is a short range gunner with mid-range subweapon that does decent damage and is highly spammable, and inflicts powerless. She's pretty strong as a melee-safe short range hopper or whatever.

Third most common is mounted gunner, which is still pretty rare. Mounted gunner has longer range weapons. She has two main weapons, a rifle that does consistent damage and a charge AoE shot that inflicts powerless beta and does a large amount of damage, but isn't spammable due to cooldown and ammo limitations, but is capable of doing 100+ damage in a single hit.

Least popular of the "pure" builds is meld melee. She's a more typical combo melee from what I understand, with focus on counter-melee since, like all others, she has powerless beta. I've never built one myself and I don't see much said about her other than people have complained about her melee tracking.

If you take both carts, you simply get both sets of weapons.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Meld Gunner is the only path that doesn't get a specific powerless beta weapon, besides the garment which is shared with all others.
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:05 pm

That's super fast and informative. Thank you Winty and God is a Cat Girl.
I'm interested in mount melee or gunner because I like being tanky or dealing good damage in a single shot. Which one is cheaper to build? My past self left me with only 2000 UC and minimal mats in my account D:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 pm

this is true. Her subweapon inflicts a stun, but no status. my mistake.

Ez lazflamme is not cheap to build at all. The reason she gets so tanky is because she was given the capa to have a "normal" build with both weapon carts, but most people only take 1, giving her 180 extra capa to work with. When "fully built" they can get 800+ HP(with armor drive), even for gunner which has less cost-efficient tuning.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:21 pm

You should search the forum there are plenty of helpful discussion and info on Ex Laz. Both melee combos of Meld and Mount can inflict powerless beta, but it is tricky. Supposedly you're stunned during your combo, she will 'fart' blue explosion which deals powerless beta. Imagine a scenario where you try to melee another bot with dual spike WB on them.

Ex Laz is really a versatile unit and she had plenty of capa to work on. At the end, it all depends on whether you're comfortable with the ZERO carts you had chose for her owob.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Oh and she can get up to 1K HP when you install an Armor Drive. No Gcapa and true story owob
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm

With that much HP would it be better to go for the melee path and rambo through crowds? Do I need CV on her if I choose to mount melee or the Fast Recovery Cart is enough?
The Mount Gunner path still looks interesting to me though. How is the damage output for someone who suck at aiming D:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 pm

it's important to have high HP on gunners as well, as you will want to have shootouts with artillery and airs and you need HP to survive their high burst damage. Lands will only win these shootouts if you have enough HP to keep moving and shooting since both artillery and airs have boost-gauge based movement(most walk-based arts use boost run).

You don't need CV for mounted melee, the extra zero cart will give you CV and speed up and extended boost run and that is needed for mount melee and is optional for mount gunner depending on your build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYVDHcfkbTM

here's a video of me playing as mounted marksman. Wasn't complete at the time but still a huge amount of HP to work with.
Back to top Go down
nebel

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks Winty, I think I'll follow your footsteps and be a gunner. There are already too much melee horse around. Can I ask for the permission to copy the build you posted in the video please Embarassed

Edit: I got another horse now (wtf garatroll). I'll build her as a melee once I finished the mount gunner. Does she need any weapon tunes as a melee?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:48 pm

yeah anyone can use my builds.

for melee horse I'd probably do something like this

Spoiler:

use 3day assault step ticket to get assault step in addition to other carts, it's good for closing gaps and etc. very expensive to tune but really hard to kill.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Oh nice idea on the Assault step ticket. But how much does it cost? Sorry posting with phone right now.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 am

Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:37 am

howbout this braindead build?
Spoiler:
it expensive like fck ... (condoms and harmonics)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?   Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ex Lazflamme: Gunner or Melee?
Page 1 of 1