Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Empty
PostSubject: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 5:45 pm

I wanted to tell you all about an awesome new anime that I have watched recently. My one friend recommended it to me, and so far I like it, though I've only watched a few episodes so far.

It's called Arpeggio of Blue Steel (or Aoki Hagane No Arpeggio). It's an anime with a whole lot of Cuteness and Moe' and Cuddliness, and it's got great Action and Battles too from what I've seen too!

Also, some may say that it's a WWII meets the Future series. I disagree, I think it's the opposite of that. It's still good though.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Arpeggio_of_blue_steel_by_artemisumi-d71eo34

The series takes place in the future around the year 2050, where global warming has caused many of the world's nations to sink beneath the sea, and the continents are much smaller than before. When humanity comes under attack by a strange new adversary called "The Fleet of Fog."

The Fleet of Fog is an army of WWII Dreadnaughts and U-Boats that have been enhanced with advanced AI systems and have been equipped with an arsenal of state-of-the-art futuristic weaponry. At first, they were only seen occasionally on foggy nights at sea, and were thought to be some sort of Ghost Ships, which is where they get their names from. Then, later on, the Fleet appeared in greater numbers, and became very hostile.
However, the Fleet of Fog, although powerful, do not seem to be too aggressive overall. In fact, they leave alone those who are on land. Instead, the Fleet created a massive blockade all across the seven seas, blocking all from traveling between nations and preventing anyone from getting in or out of their home continent. Those who tried to get past the Fleet of Fog's patrols, above water, underwater, or by air, have all met their doom by these Unmanned Warship's Heavy Buster Cannons and Spatial Distortion Weaponry. Their motives and purpose remains unknown, but they were still a force to be reckoned with.

Later on, the Fleet of Fog ships managed to enhance themselves even more. They developed "Mental Models" which are humanlike manifestations of the various Fleet of Fog Ships's Cyber Consciousness, which all resemble cute and cuddly and snuggly girls. The Mental Models are all shown to reflect the personality of each ship's central AI, and they are used to develop self-cultivation and overcome the ship's lack of human tactical thinking that they could not replicate until now. All of them are female, due to them hearing the old expression of calling ships as a "she" or "her," and the ship's AI systems took that expression literally.

With all nations unable to travel between, gain imports or exports, or anything else, the world soon fell into even more disarray. That is, until a Japanese group found a means to fight against this virtually invincible threat.

A small Japanese Military group called "The Blue Steel" manages to successfully capture a Fleet of Fog submarine called the "I-401," or "Iona," as her adorable Mental Model refers to herself as. Although the Blue Steel were unable to reverse engineer the technology used to enhance the WWII vessels into Fleet of Fog ships, or find out who or what created them in the first place, the did manage to get her on their side, so that she now works for them. A captain named "Gunzou" is then assigned to commandeer the I-401 and keep an eye on Iona too. With Gunzou's tactical military knowledge and I-401's advanced weaponry, they manage to be the first to get past the Fleet of Fog's blockade multiple times, as well as manage to take down some of their strongest warships too.

Learning about their success, the Japanese Government assigns them to a new task. Their researchers have now managed to develop a prototype super-weapon that may be humanity's best bet to take on the Fleet of Fog at full force. However, they lack the resources to mass produce this super-weapon, and only the U.S. has that kind of resources, but the U.S. has been unreachable at this time. They assign The Blue Steel to go on a mission to deliver the super weapon to the U.S. and help them stop The Fleet of Fog.

The episodes have the Blue Steel facing in various Boss Fights against powerful Fleet of Fog warships, interacting with other allies and soldiers, trying to learn more about their enemy, and plenty more. The Boss Fights so far are just way too cool, and there's just so much cuteness too! Those Mental Models are such big fluffy sweeties! <3

The series has a total of 12 episodes, and two movies for it are coming out soon too. Man, I wish some good cuteness + action anime series would have more episodes already. Too many of them only have 12 episodes. What happened to the days when anime series would have over 100+ episodes (points to One-Piece and DBZ)?

I absolutely love this anime now! It's now My 4th favorite on my top 5 Anime List! Such a great series, would totally recommend!

Last edited by Armored Entity on Sat May 23, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Try reading the manga too.

It's enjoyable, because more expanded storyline & more ships.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Yeah, the Manga even has a super cute Mental Model named Repulse, who wears a poofy and fluffy Maid Outfit!

Look at little Repulse-Chan. Isn't she so adorable and cuddly?!

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Picture
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 10:08 pm

This anime was pretty cool, currently waiting for the movie. Which was your favourite scene?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:20 am

One of my favorite scenes was the Boss Fight of Iona vs Haruna and Kirishima. They actually merged together the ships, it was so awesome! The fight was really intense and cool too!

I also loved that scene where Makie keeps taking off Haruna's coat, and she acts all weakened and powerless when it's off, then when she puts it back on she stands up and goes "SHAZAM!"

Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 1:38 am

Too bad the anime didn't show any other human ship involvement during battle vs Haruna-Kirishima, and some other battles were removed as well

Still, Ars Nova's birth is the best moment in the anime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Also, a scene that I wanted to share from the anime, to make a point.

THIS IS TRULY WHAT YURI IS! LOOK AT ALL THAT HYUUGA IS DOING TO HER!
"Oh Iona-Chan. Ever since you slammed your Torpedos into me."
Arpeggio of Blue Steel T53MGK Arpeggio of Blue Steel IsChZo

All those other anime shows you keep saying the characters are gay, let me ask you this.
Did they ever do stuff like Hyuuga was doing to Iona there, or anything else along those lines (like kissing, or wanking off at them)?
If no, THEN THEY AREN'T YURI!!!

I wish people would understand this.

Last edited by Armored Entity on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Okay guys, sorry to double post. I wanted to post something relevant to this, and should be in a separate post.

I'm working on some Arpeggio of Blue Steel Fan-characters, for an RP I was going to get involved in. They will be both good and bad ones. I was wondering if anyone here wants to hear about them? They are going to be super cute, very tough (but not overpowered), and have stuff about them that takes clever twists on some of the specifics of the series. I also picked some really awesome ships to base them off of too.

Anyone interesting in hearing about them, and maybe assisting me to make them better, or anything like that? I'd love to share what I have with you guys.

I heard Princess Nana here might be interested.
Back to top Go down
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyMon May 25, 2015 3:20 pm

I hope this gets a second season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyMon May 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Well it is going to have a movie soon, and it was mentioned that Battleship Hiei is going to be Kongou's replacement.
Back to top Go down
uiso
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
uiso

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Are they making three different universes? Anime, manga, and movie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:02 am

uiso wrote:
Are they making three different universes? Anime, manga, and movie

I think the movie picks up where the anime left off.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:40 am

Now to wrap my mind around the manga and anime having different details
--------------------------------
Hashiridasu kodou sae mo,
Kagiranai itsukushi wo,
Michibikidasu Arpeggio,
Savior of Song A Savior of Song!
---------------------------------
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Now, does anyone here want to hear about the Arpeggio Of Blue Steel Fan-Characters I'm working on for an RP I am getting involved in? I asked before but no one responded. I thought Princess Nana wanted to hear, but she hasn't said anything back.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:08 pm

Even if we say no you're still gonna share it so just do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Astral_Dono wrote:
Even if we say no you're still gonna share it so just do it.

No I am not. If none of you here at all don't want to hear about mine, you could've just asked me nicely. Geez!

Last edited by Armored Entity on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 am

I do want to name Iona's sister models, why don't you go ahead, what have you got? I hope it's the goods
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:50 pm

TrieDaEsprit wrote:
I do want to name Iona's sister models, why don't you go ahead, what have you got? I hope it's the goods

Well since you asked, I will. I bet you'll find that they are "The Goods."

I have 5 of them, but those ships are so hard to draw for me (although their Mental Models are easier), so it will probably take a while.

Two of mine are Evil and on the Fleet of Fog, two of them have betrayed the Admirality Code and will have human captains, and one is not a Fleet of Fog ship, but rather a unique one of those "Design Children" that Makie was part of.

I'll post what I have for each in a separate spoiler tag. Look over each of them and tell me what you think.

Super Destroyer, Shimakaze (Ex-Fleet of Fog
Spoiler:

Destroyer, Amatsukaze (Ex-Fleet of Fog)
Spoiler:

Carrier, Enterprise (Fleet of Fog)
Spoiler:

Armored Submarine, Nautilus (Fleet of Fog)
Spoiler:

Luto Osakabe (Design Child)
Spoiler:

Also, for convenience, pics of three of the real world ships they are based on.

Shimakaze:
Spoiler:

Amatsukaze:
Spoiler:

Enterprise:
Spoiler:

So what do you think? Do you have anything you'd like to say about them? I'm open to improvement on my Fan-characters.

I figure now that TrieDaEsprit and PrincessNana might have some good things to say about this.

I'm still working on who will be Shimakaze and Amatsukaze's crew though. I want them to be different from Gunzou and his team, but still awesome. Also, I am trying to make them guys who'd be able to hold their own in some combat situations too (though Shimakaze and Amatsukaze will do most of the fighting). Maybe some of you could help if you are interested?

Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 pm

I can imagine an actual side-story with this as the story, however there is one problem with an Ex-FoF with a crew team, although it can be added at a later point, I do want to know how Luto would move about on or in sea, as I'm wondering about the size of the robot (I would think at least ultraman-sized), and a humanoid that size would probably sink, I do hope that it was equipped with a propulsion system or something, I must say that you consider power balance and that is commendable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:43 pm

TrieDaEsprit wrote:
I can imagine an actual side-story with this as the story, however there is one problem with an Ex-FoF with a crew team, although it can be added at a later point, I do want to know how Luto would move about on or in sea, as I'm wondering about the size of the robot (I would think at least ultraman-sized), and a humanoid that size would probably sink, I do hope that it was equipped with a propulsion system or something, I must say that you consider power balance and that is commendable

Luto (or more specifically her Robot Body) is roughly 12ft tall. She's not that big.
Also she doesn't swim, she flies. She's like the aerial support to Shimakaze and Amatsukaze, like a high-performance aircraft used to help her out in battle, and is really tough to shoot down thanks to her agility and shields.

Yes, I don't like OP characters, which is why I make sure they are balanced. Even the mighty Enterprise, who deploys a huge robotic army from inside of her, has understandable weaknesses.

You really think this could be like a Side-Story? Hmm, I'll consider that. For now, I'm using them for RP uses.

Also, I still need ideas for what the rest of Shimakaze and Amatsukaze's human crew will be. Could you help?
There will need to be a Captain, an Engineer, a Navigator, someone at Gunnery, someone for Radar/Sonar- maybe have one of them also act as the Purser
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm no good at making characters, sorry, but as I write this, I somehow ended up thinking of Nanoha and Strike Witches and how their army troops are more-or-less a yuri love nest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 pm

TrieDaEsprit wrote:
I'm no good at making characters, sorry, but as I write this, I somehow ended up thinking of Nanoha and Strike Witches and how their army troops are more-or-less a yuri love nest

Well, I'm not planning on any of that in it. Some of her crew definitely will be Male, and Luto is definitely too young (even if she still were human, she's about the same age as Makie). Maybe I might add some stuff like that with Shimakaze and Amatsukaze, but I dunno.

Then again, Hyuuga and Iona did have some big Yuri in-between them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arpeggio of Blue Steel   Arpeggio of Blue Steel Empty

Back to top Go down

Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Page 1 of 1