Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amlim Cardinal Build

Go down 
+5
Zwiebel Force
God is a Cat Girl
fggt
Isdelft
StickyKeys
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

Amlim Cardinal Build Empty
PostSubject: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 am

Spoiler:

Would leaving Mega Blood Shooter as it is(except Supply tunes) be the right thing to do. 400 Range and 500 Speed is easily the best.
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:31 am

Gsupply is the worst tuning in this game , change to something
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 am

Supply tune is shit tune. Both weapons are gay untune so just do force/G.force on them.

And why on earth do you need sword guard? Even if you are scared of melee airs, just throw powerless on them.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:31 am

fggt wrote:
Supply tune is shit tune. Both weapons are gay untune so just do force/G.force on them.

IxionsagaDT wrote:
Gsupply is the worst tuning in this game , change to something
I don't want to reduce Range, Speed or Ammo. Damage can be gained when I tune this for 40TEC anyway. It's either Supply, Air Force or Shooter. If I'm to add Force though, I'd be [GFB][AF][AF]. Ammo must not drop below 100 or I'll be forced to farm for ammo every match. I want to treat her staff like it's a marriage of Umbrella Railgun and a Bowgun and kite as much as possible.

fggt wrote:
And why on earth do you need sword guard? Even if you are scared of melee airs, just throw powerless on them.
You're right, I'll be changing that one.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 am

Things that you should shoot at 400 range, aren't supposed to be hit by the blood shooter.

Kinda of a shame that this Amlim doesn't have the "force airs to fall into Powerless" feature, and it's a pain to make use of her powerless if you want to consistently damage lnds.

Even if you try to cockblock airs, and go "but Mialy has 390 range", well, your weapon to deal with her isn't the blood shooter, but the bats, which applies to almost every air, so it doesn't matter how much range the shooter has.

But fuck using weapons efficiently, get all the damage from faraway, instead of using your weapons to cockblock people.

I also question what's the point of this thread, when you start by stating "right thing to do" and "best".
You don't seem to have doubts, you don't seem to want to change the tunes, you do seem already set at doing something that won't go along with what other people suggest. So, go ahead and tune?

Unless you want people to spoonfeed you with better builds with the same weapon tunes, because damn, that's a whole lot of not efficient tunes.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:15 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Things that you should shoot at 400 range, aren't supposed to be hit by the blood shooter.

Kinda of a shame that this Amlim doesn't have the "force airs to fall into Powerless" feature, and it's a pain to make use of her powerless if you want to consistently damage lnds.

Even if you try to cockblock airs, and go "but Mialy has 390 range", well, your weapon to deal with her isn't the blood shooter, but the bats, which applies to almost every air, so it doesn't matter how much range the shooter has.

But fuck using weapons efficiently, get all the damage from faraway, instead of using your weapons to cockblock people.

I also question what's the point of this thread, when you start by stating "right thing to do" and "best".
You don't seem to have doubts, you don't seem to want to change the tunes, you do seem already set at doing something that won't go along with what other people suggest. So, go ahead and tune?

Unless you want people to spoonfeed you with better builds with the same weapon tunes, because damn, that's a whole lot of not efficient tunes.
Sorry, I should have checked that. When I stated "right thing to do" I meant to ask a question. This is the first time I have her and I just decided how to play her by how she felt to me. I don't know how you guys use Amlim so I'm having doubts about having Blood Shooter as the main weapon. Also the bats seems weak, though they have good homing, and I don't know what they actually do.

Also if there's a way to play her without going upclose and personal, do tell. She's seems too soft to go one on one with other AIRs when I tried, even if I tuned her. I want her to be able to take on any situation so if you think my build was inappropriate I'm open for suggestions. Just be minded though that I'm not keen on putting revenge tunes or Extunes, no matter how efficient that will make Amlim since that takes too much time that I don't have for this game.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:56 am

Amlim got higher cost when her capa was buffed. She already had a high cost which is probably due to her capabilities, higher capa improves those capabilities and she got higher cost with it.
Her HP is nothing special considering her cost, so she will always feel rather squishy. You either get less things (carts, WP tunes) and tune HP, or get a good BS that can be used on more than a single bot, get a stat stick and AC that can be shared and invest ex tunes on them (that's the poor way to go, if you don't want to invest in the future, make random ex tunes), else, you won't have much HP and you will easily get killed. But, that's up to you.

Blood shooter (any of them) makes the bullets stick on the enemy and they deal powerless (and damage) when the enemy uses a subweapon.
Cardinal Bats deal charge delay (original is steal boost). Their damage is low, which you can make a single force tune to increase damage, it's not a single bullet amazing damage, but a good addition over time, and not to mention the debuff.
You don't really main her weapons when you keep both, you alternate between them to keep attacking while a weapon is on cooldown. Well, you still main one of them, and just Q to the other.

Both Amlim are rather all around bots. They can powerless melee and original can use the bats on them to keep altitude (and pretty sure the bats are beam based?).
They can screw up with airs, and deal powerless as they use reboost, slowing down the reboost animation, though original and Cardinal do different things aside of that. Cardinal fucks with their weapons, while original steal their boost, forcing them to drop, which can force them to use reboost and trigger powerless.
Both can fuck with arts, but I like to think that if you are using an air to fight arts, you might as well play something else.

Now, Cardinal just has 1 problem, which is when attacking lnds, if you Q to the bats, you will overwrite your powerless. Though it might or might not work in your advantage, which is what I didn't test. Since you overwrite powerless, and if you hit them again, wouldn't it trigger powerless explosion again, damaging the enemy even more? The problem is that they will still run rampant on your team, which is bad.

About the bit, I forget if I even bothered testing stats on it, and I don't know how it reacts to negative stats, which your build has, and still has the bit conversion part.
Not going to dwell more on the bit, since it's just preference. A lot of people use it, I don't.
Your build has negative stats, but isn't making use of tunes that make use of negative stats.
The BS is also not the best, since you have 8 tgh, and you should aim for 7? The positive points from other BS might as well free up a slot for a tgh tune (which is 100%).

If you don't want to get upclose, just don't fight arts. She's an air, which gives her advantage over lnds, she has the tools to fuck with the enemy airs attacking your team, both her weapons have higher range than the original version and 400 range is more than plenty to deal with most of those things (actually, 400 range and 500 speed doesn't sound that great to max range with anyway). Just fill up a more defensive role, instead of charging over the enemy arts. Though depending on the map, you can still fly over some arts, use the bats on them without giving them much of a chance to attack back, though I still wouldn't risk it with a nearly 1.4k cost bot with 400hp.

Not going to post a build, but yeah, that's pretty much what she does (and there's reboost too).
Though, you should test her blood shooter. Keep the damage values as a side thing and focus on "does it hit or not" and how it behaves on different range. Because damage is what you get when your weapon already hits well, and since the weapon loadout is already decided, the damage is a given.
When you don't know what a bot does and how it behaves, you test before you tune. Tuning without testing might lead to bad builds or overtuning and wasting cost.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am

^The bit has 3 or 4 bodies. 2 or 3 remain as bats around her, the last one places a coffin in front of the target. That coffin just flies in front of the target, I think it always has like 10 HP or such, but it also has some sort of chain guard effect (meaning it always takes 1 dmg per hit). I keep the part on mine ecause it's  looking pretty. I think you'd fare better with a Proppy bit.

Since I'm a shitty player and horrible tuner I see no problem with "spoonfeeding" a "build" here  #em3 

Spoiler:

You can squeeze-in EX-tunes as you see fit  #em1
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 pm

StickyKeys wrote:
I don't want to reduce Range, Speed or Ammo. Damage can be gained when I tune this for 40TEC anyway. It's either Supply, Air Force or Shooter. If I'm to add Force though, I'd be [GFB][AF][AF]. Ammo must not drop below 100 or I'll be forced to farm for ammo every match. I want to treat her staff like it's a marriage of Umbrella Railgun and a Bowgun and kite as much as possible.

Are you deliberately looking for ways to use your capacity in the worst ways possible? Those weapon tunes are horrible, and your build simply doesn't make sense.

You have negative str and 7 wlk, why are you not using high tech beta? Why do you have multiple +1 boost tunes when you aren't trying to preserve 1 wlk? You have plenty of stats to dunk to get actual stats here.

"damage can be gained when I tune 40tec" is a factually correct statement, yes. However you get more damage if you tune more damage. Do you seriously need more than 550 speed on any weapon, ever? Force+gforce+combo tune gives you 55 raw damage output without dropping any stats, and is probably the best combo you will get on her.

why do you have her WB on when you have -str?

i never tuned bats on my amlim and the new bats have the same speed stat but more range, so you'll probably want a grapid to deal with that. Pretty easy to just force+grapid the things to get damage and make sure they hit. Not sure why you'd worry about ammo on a weapon that has so much to begin with.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:35 pm

If you have free slots with those tunes (force + Grapid), Force + rapid + HRapid does the same while having a smaller penalty and saving 5 cost.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:37 pm

the build i made did not have any free slots
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 1:39 pm

That's why it has an "if".
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Should I put in Accel Roll?
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:17 pm

>Bats seem weak
>Too soft to go one on one with other AIRs
http://puu.sh/9SSI4.png

Fyi, I used bat mainly and target airs most of the time. Saying it's bad is like saying stella's charge delay cannon bad too.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 pm

fggt wrote:
>Bats seem weak
>Too soft to go one on one with other AIRs
http://puu.sh/9SSI4.png

Fyi, I used bat mainly and target airs most of the time. Saying it's bad is like saying stella's charge delay cannon bad too.
I'm not saying it's bad though.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 am

the bats 2x weaker than original amlim.

there is no other option then, need to put 2x hi forces beta sacrifices some ammo because she already overloaded ammo from the beginning.

speed ok just need 1x rapid and ranges also ok.

and i hate the mega blood shooter because no different than using a super delayed cruel railgun version.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:11 am

Old bat has 6 force, shoot 2 bats at once. New bat has 6 force, shoot 2 bats at once and 90 more range. What kind of weak are you talking abt?

2x hforce give the bat one more force for 40 cost, one single force tune also give one more force for 10 cost.

Now go back spamming your easyrinka.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 am

The only thing "weaker" about the new bats is the different debuff, which is less threatening (get Fast Recovery and you can pretty much ignore them, as long as you stay ot of her range).
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 11:13 am

I'm not exactly sure what's so "weak" about charge delay over something that just drains boost.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm

I said before, the charge delay is pretty short. Steal boost keeps many things from moving away at all. I think it's easier to utilize than charge delay.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:28 pm

So what's those small red balls that comes back to me when I fire the bats on fagets?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 4:33 pm

If it i the same as Nemlim's, it means that u made an optical hit: you do not lose ammo for them.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
If it i the same as Nemlim's, it means that u made an optical hit: you do not lose ammo for them.
So it delays enemies and fills my ammo? Cool.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 pm

It DOES NOT refill ammo, the red bat return is just for show.
>Charge delay is pretty short

The next debuff will just kick in after the previous one gone out because the bat can be spammed at ultra speed. Saying it's less threatening than boost steal is like saying stella a lot less threatening than kata b.g.
Back to top Go down
Snarfie
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 am

Well I'm hoping for critiques about my build...based off what i've seen so far..
Where can I improve? what should i remove etc etc (This my first time posting this... check out my post count lol)
My Build:

*I don't really have any good boosters, nor do i really know what is good or bad, feel free to recommend a relatively easy to obtain BS to replace!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amlim Cardinal Build   Amlim Cardinal Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Amlim Cardinal Build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next