Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Berg Cluster Gun hopper

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Berg Cluster Gun hopper Empty
PostSubject: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Aside from accel saber and pwngr, I'm not familiar with any other good hopper cores.
I'll try making a giganter just because it's cheap and has quick land/jump, short boost and fast recovery (because I really have no patience to tune clearance), but I'm not sure anymore...

Any help is much appreciated ; _ ;
Giganter:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 am

Spoiler:
You can choose to not take the last capa cart and you'll still have 15 spare capa.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 2:09 am

Oh right, forgot about hound dog.
Spoiler:
Spare capa used for hp and sol volca bs.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 2:35 am

this gun has ass for ammo i think you would want more tech and less hp, with that much hp and sol volca you will probably end up outliving your ammo by a lot.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 3:05 am

Winty wrote:
this gun has ass for ammo i think you would want more tech and less hp, with that much hp and sol volca you will probably end up outliving your ammo by a lot.

I could always bring spare ammo with me, but yeah it goes through ammo like a gas guzzler.

Maybe I should stick with giganter then? Tec and hp aside, tuning clearance for something that won't last half the match seems like a waste (I don't really have other bots which I could use the clearance on); _ ;
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 am

I uhm, suggest a para
but that would be me since, last time I fought one with para I had no way to keep up
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Berg Cluster Gun is M-sized so I'd use an Accel Saber or Pawnger-S for it. It seems kind of odd to use an L core for an M-sized weapon.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:53 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:
Berg Cluster Gun is M-sized so I'd use an Accel Saber or Pawnger-S for it. It seems kind of odd to use an L core for an M-sized weapon.
I'm actually after Short Boost - Quick Land - Quick Jump, so any sized core with them will suffice.

...but yeah. I actually got to do some clearance tunes for this so I can pass fast recovery.

Beetlander:
This one has 40 tec, clearance, hop carts and quite some hp too.

It can take 1 more capa cart to change a high run into a high tank + an extra cart (i'm looking at stun regain or blast guard), though it'll cost more, of course.

giganter:
Less tec and cost, but also already at max level.

EDIT:
Maybe I should take this into account too. How well does assault step work for lnd gunners? ; _ ;
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Winty wrote:
assault step is pretty ass for close/mid range gunners. It's amazing for melee and decent for longer ranged gunners who just use it to reposition.

Stick to hops or sway here.

Or float dash if you use pig farao
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:10 pm

i'm not sure why you want both high walk and hops and a sol volca bs.

you're looking at a low ammo, high DPS weapon that is good for a suicide build.

You can use sol volca to get in close and chase and use hops to stay in there, in which case 32 walk isn't that important - 30 would actually be fine here since you'd be using the booster to get to extreme close range.

You can drop the booster and get a one that gives you more tech(looking at the gigantinger here) in order to increase the cost effectiveness of this low damage build.

sol volca or swift jet or whatever are great for keeping higher cost builds alive, allowing them to crowd dive and get out, and other things like that. I don't see the point of something like that on a low cost suicide build like the kind this weapon works well with.

just my thoughts on what you have posted so far.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm trying to use sol volca bs + hops for kiting actually, in addition to sol volca bs being used for getting in/out quickly. I'm still working it out while I play, though it shouldn't be hard to remove the bs and replace it with something else if ever I can't get it to work as often as I want to.

I never actually thought about 30 wlk. Lemme calc it up.

EDIT:
Got the tec up to 40 for giganter. Though I'm not sure if segmented tail comes slotted, which if ever just drops the tec to 39.
forgot to switch out patty lg ; _ ; still at 38 tec though

With this one, I've got sol volca, high damage, and still quite some hp. Only problem might be tgh, though.
giganter:

32 wlk 39 tec with no sol volca bs
giganter:

Last edited by ziix on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:44 pm

i think that looks the best out of everything posted so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berg Cluster Gun hopper   Berg Cluster Gun hopper Empty

Back to top Go down

Berg Cluster Gun hopper
Page 1 of 1