Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About mighty Albatreos ?

Go down 
+9
Solryu
reVelske
rei_hunter
ziix
Trill
KidGlitch
Moghul
XiaoFu
+RedCobra+
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

About mighty Albatreos ? Empty
PostSubject: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:39 pm

just like the title said, i want to hear some opinion about albatreos.
this mecha is 1 of the longest survival in this game.
and the best alpha Art along with Amateus.

what do you think about albatreos ?
its still very good ?

and do i must get it ?

Wink 
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm

If you had actually bothered to use the search function to search "albatreos" you would find alot more threads about him.

Plenty of capa, and being a mecha (without locked parts) gives him plenty of slots too. Make him whatever way you choose.

Is he still good? Yes

Do you HAVE to get him? No, up to you how you plan to spend that rt of yours.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 3:33 pm

I did and I use it when I'm tryharding It's a beast with or without the proper parts.

optimal build : dugdriver arms and psycho hd (the one with the psygun)

my build: dual handy zooks.

I got float dash and MB and i take enormous shits on melees that don't have enough wlk.

give it thoarla legs for more slots and 40/38 is not a problem.

Seriously. I say get it.
Mind you, it's somewhat boring. It's just... win win win win. Stay away and win.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:21 pm

It eats nails and shits missiles. Get it.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Cobra76 wrote:
just like the title said, i want to hear some opinion about albatreos.
this mecha is 1 of the longest survival in this game.
and the best alpha Art along with Amateus.

what do you think about albatreos ?
its still very good  ?

and do i must get it ?

Wink 
I don't think I'd rank him as the best Alpha art for L types. I wouldn't suggest alpha'ing with him at all actually. If you go just corespam he can get pretty insane stats.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:05 pm

i have that albatreos, and almost rusty inside my garages because im forgot i have alba inside sub garages. lol!

hehehe Razz , i still find some one insanely spamming the core missile like a rain.

i want to use it again and hear some opinion from you all Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 am

If you like shooting airs, you should definitely give him a try. Alphag or corespam.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 am

Moving Burst Albatreos

Depending on the weapons you use (typically you arm him with Illumis AMJs Burst Launcher) you might have to Great Capacity Tune. But he can still reach 40 TEC/38 FLY with fully loaded weapons.

http://tinyurl.com/AlbaDreamV3 try this for reference

I personally dont recommend dug diver AMs on Albatreos (2 of them... pls no.)

Core Spam Albatreos
Cheer Pompoms (or any equivalent) + a Farming Weapon (Beam Gun Mod or Handy Magnum Mod) (HD or BS so you have more cheer pompoms.) Easily Reach 40 TEC/38 FLY, and actually give him Stun Regain with Broad Radar.
2 Shields also work if you're retro.

If you have a Ragna Barret, depending on how you arm him, he can easily overpower Albatreos. xD
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:30 am

rei_hunter wrote:
typically you arm him with Illumis AMJs Burst Launcher
Since when has that been "typical"? It's an extreme, overboard and arguably unnecessary setup.

rei_hunter wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/AlbaDreamV3 try this for reference
Rei-tier build, as with all Rei-tier builds, DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY, and LAUGH ON SIGHT.

rei_hunter wrote:
I personally dont recommend dug diver AMs on Albatreos (2 of them... pls no.)
Then you are refusing to recommend possibly the most efficient and readily achieveable alpha builds available for Alba, with absolutely NO reasons given.

Also, for a homing weapon based alpha loadout, it is absolutely critical to equip yourself with Psycho Formula HD2/3 for the purpose of overranging.

rei_hunter wrote:

Core Spam Albatreos
Cheer Pompoms (or any equivalent) + a Farming Weapon (Beam Gun Mod or Handy Magnum Mod) (HD or BS so you have more cheer pompoms.) Easily Reach 40 TEC/38 FLY, and actually give him Stun Regain with Broad Radar.
2 Shields also work if you're retro.
Do you even play Alba to know what you are talking about?

You don't ever need a farming weapon on Alba. Standard missiles come with sufficient ammo, and there's always his sub to fall back, which you are unlikely deplete of ammo, ever.

Alba has more than enough capacity for two shields, especially with the newer shields that are cheaper than Viper Shield, very little reason not to go with at least one.

Alba HD is something decent to keep on him in order to defend yourself against things that are right on top of you. A single para tune is decent if you have the capa.

rei_hunter wrote:
If you have a Ragna Barret, depending on how you arm him, he can easily overpower Albatreos. xD
That is pretty fucking irelevant considering how Ragna blocks everything, you might as well tell us how Eris will eat Alba for breakfast or something similarly trivial.

I'm sure this has been stated time and time again, but for once, please take this to heart, Rei: THINK BEFORE YOU OFFER "ADVICE".
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:12 am

For your info, Albatreos core weapon missile shots lasts longer than Ragna while alphaing. Also unlike Ragna, Albatreos doesn't suffer from the nasty knockback effect after shooting that Ragna does. Also Alba has way more core ammo than Ragna to spam with. You can also stick those Ragna arms on Alba for bullet/beam cancelling shields.

Ragna's advantages are just that 'increase initiating time to shoot debuff' and that back step boost.

In the offensive department considering those factors, Alba has Ragna beat.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am

Solryu wrote:
For your info, Albatreos core weapon missile shots lasts longer than Ragna while alphaing. Also unlike Ragna, Albatreos doesn't suffer from the nasty knockback effect after shooting that Ragna does. Also Alba has way more core ammo than Ragna to spam with. You can also stick those Ragna arms on Alba for bullet/beam cancelling shields.

Ragna's advantages are just that 'increase initiating time to shoot debuff' and that back step boost.

In the offensive department considering those factors, Alba has Ragna beat.
Pretty much this. No one notices that basically all of ragna's damage actually comes from his cannons mainly (and illumis amjs if they have it on) and possibly handhelds. If dumb folks actually played ragna without the amjs, they would have soon realized he doesn't do as much damage as alba does.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 am

What makes nonsense like Rouche AM Amateus and Ragna fucking broken is the fact, assuming you don't get unexpectedly flanked, you can happily burst away in front of you without any real worries of rataliation. THAT is the real strength and advantage (OVERHWELMING advantage, if I may add) for those builds.

Alpha Alba's strength lies his overranging core, which has excellent range, interval, damage, speed and homing. In combination with a full homing loadout + range tuned PFHD2/3, he can provide excellent firepower from incredible range and flexible angles.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:58 am

wouldn't corespam 'cuz of antihoming. rather alphag
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 am

Spoiler:

I think core alba with his head will make up for most of your anti-homing problems. Not sure what alpha build would work on anti-homing in that case since most of the good ones would have missiles anyway!
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am

rei_hunter wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/AlbaDreamV3 try this for reference that is the single dumbest build in history. 1600 cost with 9 tgh and 3 great capa tunes. what the fuck?!

I personally dont recommend dug diver AMs on Albatreos (2 of them... pls no.)whaaat the f? missile spam + psycho hd = crazy fucking homing and massive damage.

Core Spam Albatreos
2 Shields also work if you're retro. albatreos has MORE than enough capa to handle 2 shields (the new kind) and 40/38

If you have a Ragna Barret, depending on how you arm him, he can easily overpower Albatreos. xDn-no, sorry. my alba eats ragnas for breakfast. i relish killing them out of pure spite for not having one.
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 am

Winty wrote:
Not sure what alpha build would work on anti-homing in that case since most of the good ones would have missiles anyway!
Skill and good prediction. Well anyway my build works on anti-homing.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Winty wrote:
Not sure what alpha build would work on anti-homing in that case since most of the good ones would have missiles anyway!
If you're REALLY that worried about anti-homing (which you shouldn't be), my dual handy zook build works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Moghul wrote:
Winty wrote:
If you're REALLY that worried about anti-homing (which you shouldn't be), my dual handy zook build works like a charm.
lol

i use Blast Baz and Handy Baz for my Alba currently (on en anyways.)

I have a 2x Illumis Burst Launcher AMJ, Dagomure BS, Handy Bazooka x2 on my Albatreos on CB-KR. my only banes are Reines, (Some Ragna Barrets, since they use the L sized Bazookas on theirs to cockblock more), and Machinelets. I just love how this setup rips damage on Shielded Lands or TGH high lands Very Happy

also, the reason why not dug diver arms is because when you start tuning, you can reach 0 WLK without even getting to 38 FLY.

A Sub for this would be Gathima's Missile arm (the one that arcs into the altitude.) But i like to keep use handhelds, until PROBABLY Kealmas AM2s, which spews more missiles along with Core's Missiles (+ you can hold a weapon or pompoms.)

Oh yeah, Hi Revelske Very Happy~
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

Female Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Rei-san you're so bad... @ A@;
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:57 pm

I cry when people use handy bazooka on L ART.

Not every ART needs 38 FLY. Even though I generally aim for only 31, alpha builds can get by with just 25 FLY, possibly 22.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:38 pm

if your mech can go 38 FLY, why not? It allows you to move around faster and escape shit faster.

You can do 40TEC/38FLY on Alba and still overload weapons on him. With or without Great Capacity tunes.
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 am

If your mech can go to 38 fly and doesn't need it, it's better put the capacity use at where it does need it. #em6
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 am

well... if you're up to like... just dying with a massively overloaded weapons platform.... i guess that's fine o.o
Back to top Go down
Neko-chan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neko-chan

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 am

rei_hunter wrote:
well... if you're up to like... just dying with a massively overloaded weapons platform.... i guess that's fine o.o
But that isn't what the OP is asking for though.#em7

The OP is asking whether or not he should get one.
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:51 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Mine gets by on 22 fly. I just abuse Wonderbit dodge and Swift Jet BS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About mighty Albatreos ?   About mighty Albatreos ? Empty

Back to top Go down

About mighty Albatreos ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next