Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking

Go down 
+11
Zwiebel Force
KidGlitch
+RedCobra+
;)OwneD)
Aurum_Sol
colfenor1337
fggt
Koiro
That_Wiesel_Guy
Nfi
Winty
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking Empty
PostSubject: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:56 pm

what the fuck is an luto RS?
luto RS does STUFF. She's a crowd-diver, an art-hunter, and a general purpose disruptor.

She has the following abilities:

Kikotou Raikou Sheath:
It's a gun. It shoots a hugelarge projectile that blocks bullets and moves pretty slowly. You can melee through this. Funfun! Messes over alpha bots, stops FCs from nuking your team, etc, etc. Messes up SHOCK BAZOOKAS as well by the way. You can shoot it and then melee behind it to wreck nerds.

Counter:
At first, it's the normal luto counter - you press the button and she takes a stance. If she gets hit by melee, she pops a decently large AoE shock attack.
A few notes about this:
1. The shock attack tends to whiff on super armor frames and not shock people(or they just lag through it or something)
2. The shock it inflicts has HALF the duration of normal luto shock, which means it wears off before the counter comes back up. This is melee deterrent, not a way to kill them. While they are helpless, it's usually best to LEAVE.

However, unlike the original Luto, you'll notice this move has ammo that doesn't go down when you use the counter. That's because there's a second part. By pressing the button again, Luto will dash towards a target(or forward if nobody is in tracking range) with a shock shield around her. If she collides with anyone, they get shocked. If she doesn't, she gets to keep the shield and run around and ram someone to shock them.
notes:
1. Shield shocks a single target
2. seems to block a single melee strike or something? has some sort of defensive capabilities I'm not sure on them, I tend to use it at point blank range to apply the shock.

The use of this is to OFFENSIVELY apply shock to a target. This means that artillery with escape abilities and stuff you can mess pretty hard by ramming them and then meleeing them.

Kikotou Raikou
This is her melee, it's a fixed 3-hit combo.
1. In both ground and in the air, the first hit always swings a diagonal upwards slash while stepping forward. This has strong tracking both in the ground and in the air.

The second hit is either another diagonal slash(on the ground) or a downward vertical slash(in the air, resembles the original luto's air melee, but less downward movement and more forward). There isn't really any air tracking on this since it always goes downward.

The third hit is a long dash, like the last hit of the original luto's combo. It goes really far, leaves two lightning bolts along the path, and carries anyone hit with her to the end. This is the main part of Luto RS's strength.

Basically, the way luto RS kills people isn't by stunlock, but by resets. With actual stunlock, the game will eventually throw the stunlocked character away. This sucks. With reset stuns, this doesn't happen. After the third strike, luto and her target end up right next to each other, since the dash carries targets. Since she has no cooldown, Luto can immideately use her melee again - and for the most part, there isn't a way to leave her zone of threat before being hit. Float dash will get caught, hops will get caught by the lightning strikes from the third hit. If Luto hops before she melees again she can catch hoppers even faster. With 3x or even 2x Hglad, it's very hard to escape since luto RS continually chases with her melee.

That said, let's talk about builds

most important thing is getting your melee to have range and speed. That means 2x hglad. Or even 3x. I suggest 3x since that makes it even harder for people to run.

Don't tune walk beyond like 20 or so. Motion will be done by pressing right click - this is similar to suzeku basca or machintlet builds - it's not really a needed stat.

tune 40str yo.

After 40str and weapon tunes, everything else should go into HP. Sadly luto has pretty high base TGH, so CV tuning isn't the most helpful thing. Clearance tunes are pretty swag though. since powerless and shock will make you sad. Luto has fairly bad capa considering the costly weapon tunes, so you'll probably want to EX tune to get more HP in. I suggest having at least 550HP to be effective.

If you want to go for a CV build, I suggest using EX great power gamma to drop TGH. This gives you STR and HP very good!

For carts - you want all the capa carts. The high base TGH makes stun regain a very nice option(unless you take the CV build). Blast guard is a must, and sword guard is always good for crowd-diving. I take short boost to let me use the air melee.

https://i.imgur.com/kURpYIb.png
my build very strong

General strategy-
I don't see luto RS as a duelist because if the opponent is not shocked, they can melee you right after the third hit of your combo and before you do the first hit again - if your counter is on cooldown you you will get hit here, and probably stunlocked and take a decent amount of damage. Instead of looking for 1v1 fights with other melees, I suggest looking for crowds and lone artillery - again, she plays like a basca or a machintlet more than anything else.
Hit artillery. Hit crowds(the ones that won't shock/melt you).
The insane travel on her hglad melee can track down hoppers decently well so if you are playing defensively for whatever reason you can try to fight them but honestly this is a waste of your time.
The idea is to find a way to get past the front line and then dash really far and mess up artillery and supports.

https://i.imgur.com/AMAD4Ix.png
https://i.imgur.com/LcT9xuU.png
http://puu.sh/37cjl
http://puu.sh/3XQoJ
https://i.imgur.com/duIveN1.png
screencaps that show how gdlk I am at this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGds9Id8MX8
good video with commentary on why I do what I do, overall probably the best.

shitty videos that show how shit my computer is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiAa3xtNhAY
earliest footage I have, not very good, this was before I finished tuning her(notice bad hp and no weapon tunes). I mess this jace with the counter dash though so there's that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aU1YSN7WBo#t=1m36s
pretty decent clip. right before I die you can see how the illumis isn't stunlocked but still can't get away from my tracking. The sylvia saves her though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jymmXGEASPA#t=1m42s
this was during the rush to open the WD cubes. Sadly the first half of this clip is me running around this shitty map looking for targets, but then you get to see offensive use of the counter dash to shock the hatigarm machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwKEoJ1-Jps
straight up z1 feeding on luto/akane/ion.

Last edited by Winty on Fri May 02, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 pm

this is a super special reserved post for special reasons
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Well this was a refreshing guide, considering people tend to tell you to
get max str , max mobility and cv to melee type.

From the way you describe it, the only way to get out of RS melee
is to bit dodge during her last strike? Or is there any other option?
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Even if you bit dodge, she'll just come back around and start meleeing again. Your best bet is that she tracks towards something else.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:44 pm

bit dodge before last strike(so she dashes through you with it and doesn't pull you)
mobility booster(or something else with invulnerability frames)
stunning her before she hits you again
if you use float dash at the right time(abuse invulerability frames) with 34+fly you can probably get away before she catches you with the third strike, but most artillery/supports run 31 which clearly isn't enough since they still die to me.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Hmm, this make RS something tempting to roll eventhough
I've never tried melee uhurr...

So basically, the only way to get out of her combo is through invulnerability frames
abuse or sheer luck.

Thanks for the info u w u
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:22 pm

tnak u 4 dis winters
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:36 pm

Good guide sir, too bad i already have machintlet for crowd driving.

Also, what can her main wp do?
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:38 pm

tggt wrote:
Good guide sir, too bad i already have machintlet for crowd driving.

Also, what can her main wp do?
Her main weap is a slow moving ball of lighting that destroys most projectiles that come into contact with it.

Kind of like a mobile shield, I suppose.

Bad thing is that it has a long CD and only 25 ammo.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:03 pm

Nicely done Winty! Just to share my experience while using her in Arcantus. Sometimes when I hop to melee air bots, I could make the dash attack goes upward! Which looks totally awesome! What kind of tracking she has #em3 
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 pm

yes, the second hit is the only one that goes downward.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 am

endfield wrote:
Hmm, this make RS something tempting to roll eventhough
I've never tried melee uhurr...

So basically, the only way to get out of her combo is through invulnerability frames
abuse or sheer luck.

Thanks for the info u w u
para tuned estes guns are your friend
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:26 am

B-but I don't have estes gun ; A;

I do need to roll these weapons more often.
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

Male Posts : 370

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 pm

i Jelq,daily.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:09 pm

;)OwneD) wrote:
i Jelq,daily.
wow that is very good to know. Perhaps you show it to me when you finish?
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Winty wrote:
;)OwneD) wrote:
i Jelq,daily.
wow that is very good to know. Perhaps you show it to me when you finish?
sure only if u show me yours ;D,tho its still a little small atm im Chinese tho.id say its around two inchs.i notice that theres more of a improment if u jelq daily and do longer sessions,like ill jelq for a minimum of 3 hours straight.then after words a feel amazing and sticky.join the jelq squad bro.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:09 pm

;)OwneD) wrote:
im Chinese tho.
ew no blacks only
Back to top Go down
;)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
;)OwneD)

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Winty wrote:
;)OwneD) wrote:
im Chinese tho.
ew no blacks only
ill jelq myself black.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 pm

can i add this ? :
1. Kikotou Raikou Sheath gun lighning ball shoot give a short stun to make opening for mele combo.
just like old luto her shoot make land, art suddenly shocked but not disable their sub weapon.  

its simple short stun and allways stun to make enemy stop moving for temporarly.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 pm

the projectile moves so slowly I've never managed to hit anything with it
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Winty wrote:
the projectile moves so slowly I've never managed to hit anything with it
you can try this in training area, and about to hit something try waiting your opponent move in front your face or shoot enemy on back specially art to make surprise jumpy shock.

but i want to know luto RS Kikotou Raikou Sheath have any diffrent from old one or not ?

i want to confirm her shoot can be bloked by shield or not, and her barrier shot do short stun like old one or not ?

Smile
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Regular Luto's main is for juggling escaping bots. However, to the best of my knowledge, RS's main is much more defensive. While you can block things with original Luto's barrier ball, it's rather difficult due to its small size and fast speed; however, RS's round is large and slow, making it ideal for soaking up damage.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm

now i see the main weapon diffrents thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Anytime, mate.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 am

Cobra76 wrote:
can i add this ? :
1. Kikotou Raikou Sheath gun lighning ball shoot give a short stun to make opening for mele combo.
just like old luto her shoot make land, art suddenly shocked but not disable their sub weapon.  

its simple short stun and allways stun to make enemy stop moving for temporarly.
I just tested it and it doesn't seem to be a 100% stun. Some of the training arena bots have really low TGH values.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking   guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking Empty

Back to top Go down

guide to luto RS by wintydunno the indodasher lordking
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next