Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements

Go down 
+6
Strykerr
Winty
Aurum_Sol
XiaoFu
Relict?
ngelicdark
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements Empty
PostSubject: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm planning to revamp a good chunk of the basics sections for the new meta and to correct any inaccuracies that were cleared up from research for the past few years. I have some good ideas on what I plan to do with it, but I want to know if some other people had some other criticisms. Anyway so here's my brainstorm plan with it:

1. Revamp a lot of the old things to put in for new. Rewrite some examples to match with more current bots that people can relate to. Fix inaccuracies.

2. Revamp the weapon section. Instead of listing every weapon available (impossible to do, too much work), I will make lists of common/popular/decent weapons that certain bot motifs play (ex. listing pierce gun, handy zook, rocket launcher, huge gatling, double gatling for LND gunners). Add a BS section to explain the differences btwn things like Brickgale BS and Sol Volca. I need to roll Mega a bit more to collect the last few weird BSes. Luckily they're all in one gara.

3. Add smaller sections for bazaar explanation.

4. Add more links into the additional links section for guides and threads that I feel have good information in them that is better spent not regurgitated to save space and time. Like Sanzeiger's tune guide, sugu's alphag guide, winty's collection of guides.

5. Maybe putting videos of how certain carts work (short boost, short boost+quick land, short boost+quick jump +quick land) and for things like stovl. I also need some vids on glide boost because I can't get the carts and I don't own bots that own it inherently. Maybe a vid on assault step demo too so I don't have to use one of my 3 days Embarassed

And that's where it ends. Anyone else have any ideas on what to do more for it? I know I'd love to make it shorter, but it's called extensive for a damn reason.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:39 pm

As for 4, maybe include Tuskin's topic about newer bot additions to the rt shop. It adds onto Suguri's non-garapon resources guide (which you might also include). If you do add Tuskin's two cents, perhaps you should also mention that it wasn't intended to be a guide but was just his opinions on said additions.

As for 5, no mention of Quick Boost? Several ARTs get Quick Boost but not Quick Land. QB lets them Accel Roll / Float Dash / Short Boost more frequently. Might be a good addition for bots reliant on Boost Run, as well.

Short Boost also helps out ARTs in how the altitude advantage AIRs usually wield is partially reduced.

Float Dash runs off both WLK and FLY.

Maybe include Sway breakpoints? Last three for LNDs are 30, 34, 37. Last one for Nonlands is 39.

Assault Step demonstration courtesy of our local broken English speaker:

I believe the last two breakpoints for Assault Step is 34 and 38.

---

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t11712-revenge-shot?highlight=revenge+shot

Aurum and his former clanmate did some testing on Revenge Shot. I still find it impractical to fit into a build, but you might as well include the details of said cart since we're being extensive.

---

Pump Gun / Assist Pump Gun? Projectile size scales (kind of poorly) with STR stat, but just make sure you have at least 1 STR and you'll be okay. They have a nifty function not found in the bazooka variants in how they blow the opposition away if you fire the weapon at them point-blank. Older topics describe in detail.

Scout Rifle can be found in SUC, as well. It's also usable by SUPs, unlike Raid Rifle.

Maybe worth mentioning that Linear Cannon has a very high blast ratio which is what makes it specialized anti-AIR?

Custom Shotguns are now available in SUC.

---

Particle Gun Mod is far superior to the original. While Mod has 500 less ammo and 20 less range (like 180 -> 160 range really made a difference), it consequently has 3 more force and +1 FLY instead of -1 WLK. Garapon, though.

Add Beam Pump Bazooka? 20 STR gives it the largest projectile size. Well, maybe there was another breakpoint but that was in the 30s or something and who wants to pump STR that high? I think it's kind of subpar, though, compared to other similar weaponry.

Spread Beam Cannon is great, though. It's kind of like M sized SDC with less penalties and cost and doesn't suck (Little Star Gun, go home). Upon impact, it does a little AoE thing similar to Volcano Grenade.

---

Add Large Bazooka, maybe? Found everywhere. If you make a new account and pick Saggitary Maxis as one of your bots, you get a 3s one. It is superior to Titan in every way.

LL Bulk Blast isn't mentioned, I think. Souped up Garapon-exclusive Blast Bazooka. Has quite awful spread but you're supposed to hit the enemy with the explosion that follows each shot and not with the shot itself.

Pump Bazooka? 20 str for stupid projectile size. Comes with a high 300 base range. Clip size is abnormally long (as in you can hold down left click if you really wanted to but that's boring)

Ballistic Launcher? Available in SUC. Does great damage even with low TEC. Check out Suguri's guide, too lazy.

Scram Launcher Mod? Far superior to original due to a massive speed increase. Has a similar AoE thing like Blast Bazooka going on for it once it's done flying through the air to penetrate some AIRs like some sadistic phalliac object. Homing is dumb as fuck and can be used right out of the box, if you reallyyyy wanted to. Some people put them on alphas.

---

Maybe mention Gyallanbard AM2? Simple hammer swing with some forward movement, but it has 55 force, which makes it the mecha equivalent of Mighty Byne Girl A.

There's some limited edition holiday event stuff/drops I could mention here in the melee section, but that might not be practical for this guide, I think, since they're either overpriced or non-tradeable.

---

Gaderoga AM2? 20 force burner with 420 ammo (haha). ART usable.

Blazed Baron Am6? 21 force, 600 ammo. Turns from a single stream to a tri-stream of fire when used by a Blazed Baron who has his self-immolation-I'm-a-Buddhist-monk-on-protest buff active.

Pumpkin Burner? M size 15 force 500 ammo. ART and LND usable. Good luck finding 3s now, though. Was a drop during last Halloween and just getting the weapon was a pain.

Newer limited-edition shields were added. Coffin Shield is a M sized Buckler (Fat L bots rejoice!); Princess Shield R is like a souped up Buckler. Latter is untradable; former might be?

---

Maybe mention the limited White Day edition bits?

---

Cart Steps and their inherent multiplier?

Maybe I missed a lot, but I hope this helps. I'll submit more if I remember.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Damn okay yeah that's a lot of stuff worth noting down indeed. Thanks tons Relict.

I don't know cart steps and their multiplier; I only know that anything that combos into a melee sub gets like a 150% damage bonus which I have to mention; thanks for reminding me.

I'll add those kinds of descriptions int he weapons list when I revamp it.  I'm planning to delete most of what's there and just list things accordingly with more concise descriptions; kind of like selling the weapon lol.

And I always thought Gyllanbard had a JHam like thing.  I actually did roll one...  .-.

Oh and in speaking of responding to lists:

#4: Will add.
#5: Already planning to put that in description for quick boost/short boost but maybe it's a better idea to have it actually show the difference. I think my Seraph might have that combo still. Oh I can also just put in that vid of that LRE/Connie vid Sugu pulled up 2 years ago. That LRE had quick boost.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:02 pm

9.5/10 for what relict chan mentioned. Only 9.5 cuz, actual breakpoint for beam pump zooka is 19 (instead of 20, which is weird as fuck). Still good of what you said though relict chan. Couldn't have done it better myself.

Don't forget to mention BSM (Beam shooter mod) since its a pretty good UC weapon for airs.

Someone may have mentioned this already but, some weapons have special traits of erasing bullets. Scram mod is good example of completely erasing beam weapons.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Didn't know that for Scram, but I know that for Rouche AMs and Ragna..but that's about it.

A lot of this stuff isn't written in the forums anymore like it used to be *sigh* a lot harder to get info from it now.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:25 pm

XiaoFu wrote:
Someone may have mentioned this already but, some weapons have special traits of erasing bullets. Scram mod is good example of completely erasing beam weapons.

sounds more like the usual case of "missile being destroyed by projectile", i cant recall seeing a piercing round killing a projectile AND passing through it (i could be wrong, though).
only exeptions to this should be missiles that cannot be destroyed and i not sure if there are such missiles (the only missiles that come to mind where i am not sure are albatreos missiles and possibly some less common missiles)
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:59 pm

I know missiles can be destroyed by projectiles but I thought certain weapons had things like barrier blocks or by "cancelling them" which is essentially just barrier blocking.

Sniping missiles outta the air is pretty hard to do and I can count on my hands how many people can do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

when you hop backwards away from boostrun melees you should really do stuff to make it harder to find where you will land because every time you hopped away from my resha I would just ZOOM ZOOM to where you landed and hit you ok I just wanted to say that but I never catch you de chatbox pls add to guide
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Dis is true, I always get caught by BR melees.   TEC jump isn't enough for many of the new melees now -_-

If I knew how to hop backward without it being obvious to say where I was going to land (without using a BS or a sub) then I'd write it :/  There's not really much you can abuse without an empty zero sub..or a Momo decoy :/

That and you already has hop guidez i dunno why i should regurgitate what already written aside from more in depth basics.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:13 pm

you can hop diagonally and you can reduce the distance of the hop by triple tapping!
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:19 pm

imo you should never be hopping backwards anyway. Speed reduction too stronk.
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 am

I've read your extensive guide, and I think there are some things missing from it.

> Level Up Carts section. You wrote that a bot is leveled up to 10. Please take note that ZERO types can be leveled up to 12.

> Short Boost chart by reVelske/Noirel is missing? Because I didn't find any image after clicking the spoiler. Same goes to Boost Run chart.

> Assault Step and Glide Boost also need some explanation. (in the Mobility Carts section) :v

> Stun Regain and Crimson Veil don't stack anymore. (Guard Carts section)

> Maybe it would be better if you put Lux Legions on the Assassins from the Air. Because nowadays it's very rare to see Adone LG / Victor LG users.

> Some popular shell weapons might be missing. Things like Pierce Gun or Combat Gatling or Estes Magnum, etc.

> Some beam weapons missing, maybe? Popular things like Mega Lightning Gun, Beam Pump Bazooka, etc.

> About ARTs, maybe Dugdriver AM, Ragna Barrett AM, or Alba HD, etc worth to be mentioned.

> The melee handhelds, you might want to list things like Cosmic Cola, Beer, Dancing Maracas, etc as the free stat-giver.

> I think it is worth to mention Chivalry Bits. The unique bit which can be used for quite long time even if you have negative STR/TEC.

Well, that's what I think missing from your guide. Overall, it's a good reading, and I'm recommending this to newer players which need some basic about CB.

Keep up the good work. farao
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:32 am

To all the points above ^  

Yeah was going to update each part that is relevant with that kind of info.  Was going to put a +stat items in the etc section to delegate to new things that were added that weren't pom poms or fireflowers (that's all we had 2 years ago).

Also didn't know Legion were the LGs that were tackling me (I knew that they existed cuz they have redonk tracking and I hate them); will update.

Short boost chart spoiler is empty because I have to make my own version of the chart (which means going over there pnging, cut copying pasting etc) and I was lazy and just working on the text that day.  I have to host the image myself if I expect the image to stay there forever (that's what happened when I took Sugu's picture of the boost run; it was gone when I came back to look at it).  When it  says *finalized* again, most of the tweaks and crap should be done with that kinda shtick.

Also ty for the support, means a lot. Surprised 
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:50 am

A link to the chart thread was there before I removed it to let you update.
Why would you need to make your own chart anyway?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:19 am

Meant to host one for myself so I know it's always on my account so someone never deletes it. That's what I mean by make.

How else you think those other images with Berz and crud have stayed there forever? o.O
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 am

Oh, okay. Reuploading images shouldn't take much time.
(Well it seems like a lot effort for me when you use the word 'make'.)
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 pm

No, I did say I was lazy that day LOL.

Reediting and rereading and then reshuffling posts (the top post gets too long, second post gets too long, third I have to hope is short enough)..

I hafta cut down on the text seriously. I doubt any gamer of the current generation has the time to sit through a 5 page manual or a 10 step tutorial in a video game, I doubt they can read that thing and go oh okay good resource.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 am

ngelicdark wrote:
To all the points above ^  

Yeah was going to update each part that is relevant with that kind of info.  Was going to put a +stat items in the etc section to delegate to new things that were added that weren't pom poms or fireflowers (that's all we had 2 years ago).

Also didn't know Legion were the LGs that were tackling me (I knew that they existed cuz they have redonk tracking and I hate them); will update.

Short boost chart spoiler is empty because I have to make my own version of the chart (which means going over there pnging, cut copying pasting etc) and I was lazy and just working on the text that day.  I have to host the image myself if I expect the image to stay there forever (that's what happened when I took Sugu's picture of the boost run; it was gone when I came back to look at it).  When it  says *finalized* again, most of the tweaks and crap should be done with that kinda shtick.

Also ty for the support, means a lot.  Surprised 
What I'm saying is completely useless, but Legion's LGs don't have a sub. The thing that hit/rammed you was his sword and shield sub weapon.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:56 am

I took a quick look at the first post of the guide.

You should probably add assault step. I'll give a bit of an explanation since you may not know all of what it does.

Assault step is a custom ground dash action. Certain bots(all LND-type Zero bots, and the 2 HD ivis BDs) get it naturally for 15 cost, while any S or M-sized LND can get it as a bonus cart through the use of a 3 day ticket item.

Assault step does 3 different things depending on the direction of your dash.

The most notable is the forward action, which is a long, extremely low hop forward that puts your bot in airborne state. This is very useful for melee bots as it lets you quickly close a gap to hit someone, exactly what you'd want a dash to do.

The sideways/backwards action is rather useless. It's a cartwheel/backflip. It can get up small inclines(the backflip goes higher than the cartwheels) but is not overly useful as you are unable to perform an actions until a few frames before you hit the ground. It's notable that if you start shooting before you perform the flip, you can shoot during it, but bullets tend to spray everywhere for obvious reasons so this isn't very good.

Moving diagonally backwards while using assault step will produce an effect similar to a shorter, quicker version of short boost. You retain all actions during this so it's useful when running away.(diagonal forward assault step does a slanted version of the forward action)

Assault step has a landing recovery period that is fixed even when you have quick land, so it's not as spammable as short boost or sway. It's very important to note that you recover boost gauge during this cooldown, opening up some very interesting options for boost run bots.

The final assault step breakpoint is 38, which matches up with the 38_1 boost run breakpoint.

There's also slide boost but that's really limited in usefulness and isn't actually worth 30cost when it was designed to be a free cart given to 2 things.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Ah okay I'll take that and put that as the description.  I also have to add that the sideways/backwards hop can be used to spray bullets so long as the bullets home; I tried assault step on my Momo and the shuris never failed to hit.  Always in a straight line as if it was just like pierce gun hopping.

Either that or I never noticed them spraying or Momo is special :/

Are there any other breakpoints known for assault step?

And is slide boost glide boost? o.O  And I'm guessing one of those bots is Eve?
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Glide Boost is different than Slide Boost.

Glide boost is like...Float Dashing while flying.
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Nope, Slide Boost and Glide Boost are 2 completely different things.

Slide Boost (essentially Air Sway, side-to-side, only), are exclusive to Katalina BG and her NEXT variant.

And of course Glide Boost is for Eve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Oh right, I remember that Suguri once made a thread + video demonstration about Glide Boost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements   Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements Empty

Back to top Go down

Updating My General Guide: Brainstorming for Improvements
Page 1 of 1