Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

[Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups Empty
PostSubject: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I think if would benefit alot of new players or players who don't know strategies on how to tune efficiently and effectively (me). I think through one of these guides (which I think should be stickied), many people like my self would have better builds and compositions for stat and weapon tunes. What I'm asking is for some kind person to create a guide for tune ups, which would bear tips and tricks, better tunes compared to the less viable etc.

For example: A locked bot should be tune without the use of items, keep junking until you find if adequate for the rest of the tunes.

I woul really really appreciate if someone made a comprehrnsive guide bearing these details.

Thanks in advance LS3~
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Or if nobody wants to/has the time to do so, everyone posts a tip or something and OP compiles them together? °w°
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Gewd idea #em3
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:49 pm

I guess I'll state something rather obvious. .__.;
I know, these things sound incredibly obvious-herp-a-derp-everyone-knows-that, but really, some people don't, if I make a mistake or say something stupid please don't stone me.
°A°;

STAT TUNES
"Low"/High/Great?

Great tunes are generally frowned upon because they have a lower Stat/Cost ratio. (Tjis is only the case with STAT tunes, not stuff like force tunes)

Great tunes can however be used if you have a low amount of slots and desperatly need more stats. It'll cost you a bit more, but you'll have higher stats which wouldn't be possible with "Low"/High tunes if the amount of slots you have is very low.

Example:

Run: +1WLK = 5 Cost
High Run: +2WLK = 15 Cost

Great Run:+3 WLK = 30 Cost

Regular/Alpha/Beta/Gamma?

Gamma tunes are a ripoff. #em1
Well, that's just my opinion. Gamma tunes only co-exist with great tunes.
I'll just throw the stats here so you can see what they do.

Great Run Gamma: +3WLK -1 STR -1TEC -1FLY -1TGH = 10 Cost

Find the most efficient tunes, definitely look at the Stat/Cost ratio.
I think generally people want at least +1 stat (Or +10HP) for every 10 Cost. (At least, I look at it like this)
(I'm going to give examples of High Regular/Alpha/Beta tunes, not Great Regular/Alpha/Beta tunes. Conclusion is pretty much the same for both.)

Example:

High Run: +2 WLK = 15 Cost
High Run Alpha : +2 WLK -1 FLY = 10 Cost
High Run Beta : +2 WLK -1 FLY -1 TEC = 5 Cost

At first glance regular tunes look like the best choice, considering Stat/Cost ratio. However, you obviously don't need certain stats on certain cores and can therefore sacrifice those stats without losing anything.

For example, you make a pure melee, pure walk based bot. You'll need STR and WLK, TEC and FLY are useless to you. So that means that High Run Beta (Which is technically +2 Stats -2 Stats) will now be +2 Stats +0 Stats for your core. +2 Stats for 5 cost? Yes, please. #em3

Force tune

Just a little thing to keep in mind when doing a force tune.
There is Force, High Force and Great Force.
(Also Alpha and Beta, but let's ignore that for this)

Force tunes add a percentage of force to the weapon's current force.
However, a force tune will always add at least 1 force this mean sometimes a Force and a High Force/Great Force will have the same positive effect, but High Force/Great Force will obviously have a bigger negative effect.

Example:

Handgun = 8 Force

+Force tune: +3% => 0,03 . 8 = +0,24 Force, but this will round up to 1
+High Force tune: +6% => 0,06 . 8 = +0,48 Force, but this will round up to 1

However, High Force has a disadvantage of -7% Range or -7% Ammo (Depending on wether it is Alpha or Beta, but that isn't important here)

I did not consider the tuning materials needed for different kind of tunes.

Sorry if I said something wrong/stupid, it was fun typing this o_o"

PS: If you're tuning and you're not sure exactly what stat to aim for, try using these charts.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7429-boost-run-short-boost-etc-etc-charts
Credit to Noirel/The people that tested it all.

About FLY breakpoints and such... I don't exactly know all of them so I'll just wait for some one who knows the game to tell you those. :V

Probably the most important thing
Pre-build your bot with CosmicCalc, Koi translated quite a bit of the Japanese version:
http://external.koi-sama.net/

(I think some people are working on updating it, lurk the forum/ask in chat)
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Sugoi Sugoi, the basics have been applied. Waiting for moar tips and tricks for tuning >~<
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:49 pm

High beta = Most efficient tune
High alpha = Generic go-to tune for when you don't want the -2 stats from beta
Vanilla = What you want to use if you have nothing left to minmax with high alpha/beta and still have slots
High vanilla = Cost inefficient, only use if you're too low on slots for vanilla tunes
Great * = Only for bots really short on slots like Seraph. Exceptions can be made for EX tunes.
HP/stat hybrid tunes = Really great tunes for things you want HP on as they're cost efficient, raise two stats in one slot, and the mats used for them are really cheap.
Stat/stat hybrid tunes = No.

For guns: Enough speed until you can hit consistently, then usually more force. There are some exceptions where you'd change up the tunes used but that's a general rule you can apply to about 90% of weapons.

For melee: H.Glad if it's combo based or has a lot of movement to it, G.Grap if it's one hit, Slow if it's got a large number of hits (10+ is my personal rule, with an exception for Ivis)

Some basic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups   [Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups Empty

Back to top Go down

[Request]: A General Guide To Tune Ups
Page 1 of 1